New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default The Seasons Turn (IC)

The light of Summer burned in the sky above the gilded towers and white-bleached walls of Litha. The city, crawling with ivy, streets lined with fruit trees, and with laughter or a song on every corner, had been Hulwen's home for as long as he could remember. Equal parts garden, city, and celebration, the inhabitants of Litha had welcomed him as one of their own, stolen into Faerie as naught but a babe. And now, now Hulwen truly was one of them, the song of Summer's story twisting and burning in his veins, the words seared into his very soul. The Prince of Shinning Noon, perfect in his loyalty to Court and Queen, a friend to any who would seek it, defender of those in need, was sent on a quest of great importance by his Queen of Summer.

Only...where to begin? A story of an ending to the cycle of the world, a story to end all other stories, where could such a tale begin? Hulwen's mind drifted back to just after he had received his Title and his quest, standing on the balcony just behind the Throne of Summer with his Queen...

The blinding light of the Crown had faded, though it could never truly go out. The Queen of Summer had been allowed to recede into the background, and while the two were inexorably intertwined, it was Hulwen's friend Mabon who stood next to him, leaning against the railing of the balcony that looked over her city. Her people.

“It's a terrible thing I'm asking of you, Hulwen, and I'm sorry. This kind of quest is one that could go on forever, if the story doesn't take right. I don't even know if it's possible, to end the cycle of war our people are trapped in. But it's... Every time we go through it, every time we die and are reborn, we're a little less us. A little more the Title, and the Story. I owe it to my people to try to find a solution, and I'm at the end of my rope. I've scoured the royal archives, I've consulted with our best arcanists and storytellers, I've even sent an envoy to the King of Winter, back when I was the May Queen and he was the Harvest King. I've gotten nowhere. No one knows how this began, much less how to change things. This is my last shot. You, the Title, the quest. One last, desperate gambit before enough of me has faded that I won't even be able to think of defying the cycle like this. And I don't really know where to start you.”

Mabon turned back to you, a smile tinged with melancholy across her face. “We always joked you would grow up to be my knight in shinning armor. Look at you now. The strangest knight in all of Faerie.”

Stepping out of the palace and his memories, Hulwen faced the streets of Litha, pondering his next moves.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Spoiler: Know: Nobility 20
    Show
    If arcanists like the Duke of Twisting Winds and storytellers like the Baron of Ripening Vines have no knowledge of how and when Faerie became like it is, the information must be old indeed. Perhaps one of the Babas would know where to begin looking – you could seek out your old mentor Baba Vissna, though she wanders Faerie looking for powerful warriors to duel against, so Summer only knows where she's gone.

Spoiler: Know: Nature 26
    Show
    Similarly, the spirits are almost as old as the world itself. You know of a pool a few days journey from Litha where a water spirit dwells. He is fickle, but sometimes responds to gifts of seashells and news of far off places.

Spoiler: Know: Geography 26
    Show
    At the center of Faerie, where Summer and Winter meet, stands the ruins of an ancient city. By tradition and agreements many cycles old, the city is neutral ground, where Fae of neither Court may set foot. While you don't know of anything in specific that would tie the ruins to your search...in a world ruled by stories, clearly something of importance lies there.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: The Seasons Turn (IC)

Hulwen was, and almost always is, a cheerful sort, filled with that kind of unadulterated glee that children can have, long into his young adulthood. But now, walking along Blackberry Street, looking at the just-ripe berries on the branches. Coming here in of itself was significant, a smaller lane which was less used - after all, blackberries only came into full juicy ripeness at the end of summer, and with the fear of autumn on the horizon. They were, in a way, the fruit of war for the Summer Court, and some warriors of Summer had taken to them as a symbol, brewing sweet and almost sickly wine.

Hulwen loses himself in thought for a moment as he looks at a particularly bountiful branch of blackberry, and reaches out to pluck one. It is as he tastes the fruit that his eyes widen, and he gives his fingers a small click. "Of course! The Blackberry Brigade. If they know where Master Vissna is... that could be a start, at least!"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, yes, the Blackberry Brigade. A society of brewer-warriors who drew strength from the mulled blackberry wine they were famous for. Not too far from where Hulwen had his realization were the rows of trellises, twisted with vines and thorns, that marked the Brigadeer's Vineyard, home of the order and their leader, Fíniúna.

Crossing the threshold of the Vineyard, Hulwen could smell the distinct scent of crushed blackberries in the distance. Following his nose, he came upon a familiar scene - the end of the work week was here, and so the Brigade had begun the crushing of the berries. Twenty odd solid oak casks had been laid out in a row, each filled close to the brim with blackberries. The music of a fiddle sauntered through the air as a group of saytrs, wood woads, sidhe and a curupria or two each took turns jumping and stomping upon the harvest, preparing them for the process of becoming wine. The Brigade laughed and shouted as handfuls of crushed berries were flung through the air, sometimes splattering across a face, sometimes landing in a mouth. As Hulwen looked on, a particularly large clump hurtled through the air towards him.

Spoiler: DC 15 Reflex Save
    Show

On a failure, Hulwen's face is splattered with berry juice. On a success, he may choose to either move out of the way, or catch it in his mouth.
    No news is good news.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

With a smart step and a little hop, Hulwen jumps and catches the berries in his mouth, savoring the sweet, dark taste for a moment before letting out a laugh and walks into the Vinyard. "Greetings, noble drunkards, great champions of the wine-cask!" he calls out to them, raising a hand in greeting and letting a touch of the summers light shimmer about his form. "How goes this week's batch?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

The assembled Brigadiers whooped and cheered as you caught the berries in your mouth, and as Hulwen addressed the vintners, he felt a heavy hand clap down upon his shoulder. "A glorious drink, as always! By Summer's Light, it's good to see you Hulwen!"

Standing behind Hulwen is a stout, burly creature, his massive mane of hair braided with thorny vines wrapped around pitch black onyx. A heavy club is slung across his back, and the two eyes that poke out from the bush of hair and beard twinkle with mischief. Fíon Dubh, Lord of Rolling Thunder and leader of the Blackberry Brigade, a korred whose massive strength was only matched by his boundless appetite for food and drink. "Ah, but it seems the rumors that caught my ear were true. Our foundling lad has grown into a Prince of the Realm! To what do we owe the honor of your visit to our humble garden?"

Fíon bowed comically low, almost losing his balance and bumping Hulwen a little in the process. The other Brigadiers couldn't quite manage to stifle their chuckles, until Fíon steadied himself and shot them a dirty look. "Ach, forgive the poor manners of my cohorts here. Can we offer you a drink and a meal, Your Royal Highness?"
    No news is good news.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Only a fool would refuse the hospitality of a lauded company as yours, my noble friend Fion. And please, just call me Hulwen. I would hate for my head to get any bigger, it would knock off my balance!" Hulwen replies, with a bright smile and good cheer. He moves in to join the festivities with gusto, drinking and eating his fill, enjoying himself until he finds a quiet moment with a tankered with Fion.

"I got... got a favor to ask you, Fion. I need to find my old master, Vissna. Is t'do with m'duties. T'whole title thing. Comes wi' a mission. Fr'm the Queen herself!" he says, words slightly slurred as the wine gets to him. "D'you know where she is?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Fíon's face grew somber as Hulwen mentioned his former teacher. "Aye, Baba Vissna. We had the pleasure of hosting her some time ago. She is a fearsome warrior, and a fearsome drinker." The korred stood up, and cracked his neck. "Of course, I would be a poor host if I gave away my guest's secrets. But I will make a deal with you, Prince of Shinning Noon. If you can best me in a contest of strength and skill, I will tell you what I know. Do we have a deal?

The small fey stuck out his hand, still dripping with blackberry juice, waiting for you to accept.
    No news is good news.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

With a flicker, the Prince's eyes go from unfocused and inebriated to sharp. He looks toward Fion, studying his features to try and guage this... unexpected reaction. Nevertheless, he allows a bright smile to cross his face as he takes the other man's hand in his, shaking the sticky juice-covered offering. "I would never pretend to be your equal, Fion, but I shall try my hardest."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sense motive to guage what his emotions were regarding Vissna, clearly they aren't entirely positive (1d20+15)[22]

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Sense Motive
    Show
    You definitely get the sense that while Fíon has deep respect for Baba Vissna, something happened during her last visit that has disturbed him. The look on his face is one of concern - not just for Vissna, but for you as well, you think. Fíon is deep in his cups, and not well versed in deception, so you think you've gotten a fairly good read on the situation.

The Lord of Rolling Thunder's somber attitude abruptly changed to a wild grin as you accepted his challenge. "Battle siblings! The wrestling tub!"

A thunderous cheer went up from the very, very drunk warriors as a number of fey disappeared into the large warehouse where the Brigade's brew was stored. They quickly emerged, grunting and straining as they dragged out a gigantic version of the containers the blackberries had been crushed in. A circular oak pool, standing up to your knees and forty feet wide, the 'wrestling tub' had runes etched into the side in the mystical language of faerie magic, wards against age and commandments of fair play. The ten faeries dropped the tub with a booming echo in the middle of the celebration, flanked by the two bonfires that had been lit as the summer sun grew dim - never truly setting, this dimmer golden-red light was as close as the lands of Summer grew to night. As you watched, bucket upon bucket of blackberries were brought forth, filling the massive tub up to the rim. Fíon disrobed down to his undergarments, and began to clamber inside, the blackberries up to his chest. Showing his massive, stony grin, Fíon shouted to you. "A wrestling match, then! First one to pin their opponent for one minute is the winner. No gear, no weapons, just good old fashioned wrestling."
    No news is good news.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As the tub is brought out, Hulwen grins to himself, and soon breaks into laughter as he realizes what is about to happen. "Of course, why would it be any other way, Friend Fion!" he remarks, begining to pull off his own top and trousers, his form beneath svelte and light. Under any other circumstances, one would not bet against Fion. However.... "I agree to your terms. No Gear, and no Weapons." Hulwen says, bemusement on his features as he moves to step inside.

Fion said nothing about magic without weapons or gear.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Hulwen felt the blackberries squish under his feet as he sunk up to his knees in thick, sticky liquid. Fíon cracked his neck, his grin growing wider and wilder, and charged Hulwen. The thick berry mush did not seem to impede the Lord of Rolling Thunder's movement at all, and as the dwarf-like fey leapt for Hulwen's shoulders, his thick, bristly beard seemed to come alive, stretching and reaching out for Hulwen's legs and arms.

Show

Fíon moves to be adjacent to Hulwen, and attempts a grapple check. As he has the Improved Grapple check, he does not provoke an attack of opportunity. If the grapple check is successful, Hulwen is Battered, and is affected by a targeted dispel with a caster level check equal to the grapple check.

Grapple Check - (1d20+14)[32]

In addition, Hulwen must succeed on a DC 18 Reflex Save or be Entangled by Animated Beard.
    No news is good news.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As the diminutive fey charges and tackles him around the midriff, Hulwen tries to twist himself out of the way, but to no luck, as Fion manages to grab onto him. He manages to keep his arms free from the grasping tendrils of the man's beard hair, and with a click of his fingers, sends a pulse of heat through the blackberries, sweet steam rising from them, a painful flicker-reminder of Summer's heat on Fion's feet, while the Fey Prince himself is unaffected. Hoping to use this as a distraction, Hulwen leans forwards and tries to push his opponent bodily with telekinetic force.

Show
    As a free action, activate the Mantle of Summer for 1 SP, and uses a move action to activate Cinderclouds, causing the blackberries to bubble and steam to grant 20% concealment, and 10 fire damage in a 10ft radius.
    Standard Action is Hostile Lift for 1 SP, Fion needs to make a DC25 Will Save to avoid being telekinetically lifted. And since he's holding onto Hulwen, I guess Hulwen would get lifted too heh.

As a note, Hulwen does not have somatic components for these spells, so doesn't need to make a concentration check for them.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Through the sudden boiling of blackberry slush and being lifted bodily out of said slush, Fíon managed to keep hold of Hulwen. Gritting his teeth, the squat fey lifted Hulwen up and over his head, and then tossed him straight down as hard as he could. Hulwen could feel the wind knocked out of him as he fell back into the pit of blackberries, a redish blackish wave splashing out over the onlookers, who cheered at their leader's display of strength.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fíon first rolls his Grapple Check to maintain control of the Grapple - (1d20+14)[34]

Assuming he succeeds, Fíon uses his Hard Whip Slam talent to toss you back down into the tub. With 15 feet of movement left over, takes (4d6+4)[24] points of nonlethal bludgeoning damage, prompting a Concentration check. If Hulwen fails his Concentration check, Fíon falls directly on top of him, prompting another DC 18 Reflex Save versus Animated Beard.
    No news is good news.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Wait, what?!" Hulwen manages to say before he is driven down into the puddle of blackberries, sputtering as he loses control of the telekinesis, trying to roll out of the way and hoping the steam of the berries covers him.

Show
    (1d100)[72] if <20, miss.

(1d20+14)[16] Reflex Save

"What did you even PUSH OFF?!" he asks as he tries to pull away from the beard
    Last edited by Genth; 2020-09-14 at 11:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Leaning back and concentrating, the beard wrapped around his body, Hulwen places his hands onto Fion's chest and closes his eyes for a second. When he opens them, they burn brightly with blue light, and instead of pulling both of them, he shoves outwards with telekinetic force, to try and shove the other fey high into the air like a playing ball tossed by a child

Show
    DC 25 Will save on Fion or he is thrown 60ft into the air

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Fíon gritted his teeth as the wave of telekinetic force pushed against his body, but he managed to hold firm. "Face it, Hulwen, you can't beat me with fancy tricks. Stand your ground boy! Face me like a man!" The Lord of Rolling Thunder jumped forward, wrapping Hulwen in his arms once more. To be grabbed by Fíon felt like being crushed by a boulder, the weight of the whole earth upon you. The heat of the boiling blackberries filled the air with a sickly sweet smell, and despite his proclamation, Fíon was clearly tiring.

Show
    Fíon rolls to reestablish a grapple.

(1d20+14)[34]
    Last edited by THEChanger; 2020-09-25 at 07:15 PM.
    No news is good news.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hulwen struggles in the man's grip, trying to escape even as the steam continues to sap his opponents strength. "These are not tricks, Fion" the Prince says, through gritted teeth, "I am.. a Prince of the Summer Court, and your friend.." he closes his eyes, concentrating for a moment "You look tired, Fion. You've had too much to drink. You should he says, and a flurry of power sinks into Fion's mind, drawing his fatigue up to try and cover his body.

Show
    Using Sleep SLA, Fion must make a DC23 Will save or fall asleep. If he makes the save, I'll spend a story point to force him to reroll.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Hulwen reached out with the natural enchantment that flowed through his blood, weaving a net of lullaby and dreams to cast over Fíon. The korred blinked once, twice, a wry smile spreading across his face even as his eyelids drooped ever lower. "Ah...damn...nice...trick."

With a loud thunk and sploosh, Fíon tumbled over into the tub, face down in the thick slurry your wrestling match had produced. The Blackberry Brigade surged forward, pulling the both of you from the ring. A bucket of water, surprisingly cold in the summer dusk air, was tossed onto the both of you. The sudden drenching served both to wash the sticky residue off, and to wake Fíon from his unnatural slumber. Springing to his feet, the stocky fey shook himself dry like a dog, chuckling to himself. "Well done, Hulwen, well done. A victory earned, though you're a tricksey one and make no mistake." Two comfortable looking wooden chairs are brought out, and as Fíon took his seat, the other members of the Brigade quickly found themselves somewhere else to be. The two of you have been given privacy, as the sun began to rise higher in the sky, not-quite-sunset giving way to not-quite-sunrise.

"So. What do you want to know about Baba Vissna?"
    No news is good news.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hulwen dries himself with a more focused version of the fey-blessing he used before, the water steaming off him before he gets back into his outfit, joining Fion at the chairs. "Perhaps a little tricksey. But then again, would you expect different from me? You said no weapons, no gear, and I abided by your rules." he says, a smile playing across his lips. "But to business. I need to speak to my old mentor. As a Baba, she is very very old and has a memory as long as the stars. And my mission has a lot to do with age and memory, I need to know where certain things started, how they began." he gives a soft laugh and looks upwards at the sky. "Our Queen gave me a doozy of a first task, I can tell you that, friend."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Fíon nodded, solemnly. "Aye, the Babas are old, and make no mistake. They're Fae, after a fashion, but they weren't always that, I don't believe." The stony man took a large swig from a mug Hulwen was sure wasn't there a moment ago, staring out towards the horizon. "Vissna visited the orchard a few months ago. She talked about heading north, to spar with the Wild Hunt and the Lord of Silent Steps. Reckon she'd have a good head start, but she's not hard to miss, that teacher of yours."

There was a beat of silence, as Fíon continued to stare out towards the sun. Hulwen got the sense the old Fae was weighing whether or not he should speak further, but eventually the Lord of Rolling Thunder let out a heavy sigh, and continued. "Baba Vissna came alone, but she didn't leave alone. A thin wisp of a girl, with jet black hair and a hunger I'd never seen before. She showed up a few days into Vissna's stay with us, demanding the Baba take her as a pupil. Eventually Vissna agreed, and they set out for north together. But, Hulwen...that girl was Titled by Winter. I'd stake the brewery on it. I don't know quite what it means, nor do I know how a Winter Fae made her way this far into Summer without being caught. But something is wrong with this story. Be careful."
    No news is good news.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hulwen runs a hand through his hair at this news, brow slightly furrowed and lips drawn into a line. "And they never do pick a side for long, the Babas." he comments, and sits back, looking up at the brightening sky with a slight sigh. "I guess I am heading towards the Wild Hunt then, Fion. But as you say, there is something amiss with this tale, a undercurrent of something." He gives his head a small shake, and laughs, standing up. "Thank you, my old friend, for your hospitality, and your information."

With a bow of his head, followed by a firm handshake, Hulwen leaves Fion and the brewery, heading out towards the edge of the city where the wandering merchants and tinkers gather, hoping in the morning markets to find someone heading northward.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure enough, as the sky once more filled with the golden glow of Summer's full light, and the sky turned from reds and oranges to brilliant blue, the clamor of commerce once more filled the city. Bakeries opening up their doors, open air market places buzzing to life, streetside merchants shouting over one another for their wares to be heard. Near the north gate of Litha was one such market, filled with fair folk selling odds and ends. One stall promised sweet cakes, drizzled with an icing made with auroch's milk. Another boasted of fine arms and armor, stolen from smiths in the Gray. Yet a third offered to exchange items of power for memories, old and new.

Looking about, Hulwen noted several groups that looked like they were packing up and making ready to head north. Three stood out to the newly minted Summer Prince. A pair of Satyr stood arguing in front of a small mobile stall, whose wooden sign proclaimed it to be "Kostis and Antonis' Fine Meats". A trio of Kenku were loading up the last of a pile of scrolls and books onto a floating palanquin hitched to a jet black pegasus. Squatting atop the carefully calligraphed sign which read "Ornifex's Tales, Histories, and Curiosities" was a large crow, whose baleful eyes never left the three Kenku. Last, sitting at the front of a wagon with no sign, a Fossegrim absentmindedly strummed a small harp. Hitched to his wagon was a horrifying abomination, the upper torso of a humanoid growing from the back of a horse. The whole thing was skinned, bare muscles and veins exposed to the summer air. A Nuckelavee, which must be bound by powerful magics.

Of course, plenty of other merchants made preparations in the market square, and there appeared to be a stable where Hulwen might purchase a mount, should he want to make his journey on his own.
    No news is good news.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Curious, Hulwen approaches the Fossegrim and their bound Nuckelavee, and politely waits for the strummer to finish his piece before speaking. "I was curious, sir, where you obtained and bound the creature. Such a task is difficult, I am led to understand!"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh sweet girl, here come the courting men
    Gentle mother oh, send the reels to me
    Yellowfin seaweed, Faerieland seaweed
    Seaweed, the best in all of Faerie

The Fossegrim stopped his harp, looking down from the cart with a raised eyebrow as the prince approached. "What, old Sandy here? Why, Sandy wouldn't hurt a fly, now would you Sandy?" The humanoid head of the creature lolled to one side, red eyes unfocused, as the horse head snorted and gave a quick shake, glaring back at the man who sat astride the cart.

Closer, Hulwen can see the Fossegrim dressed in simple leather breeches and an open leather vest. A large straw hat lay beside him on the driving bench of the cart, and in general the faerie looked unkempt. Not dirty, but the scraggily beard and long blond hair gave the impression of a person who did not make effort to keep up his personal appearance. Even his wagon had obviously been through a great deal - cloth roof more patch than cloth, wheels of three different colors, the bench leaning ever so slightly to one side. The harp he played, by contrast, was pristine - and appeared to be made of bone and sinew. The Fossegrim set the harp down on top of his hat, and leaned down, looking Hulwen up and down carefully. "Well, you'll be the new Prince of Shining Noon. Been a sight since the title was filled, if I reckon rightly. What's your name, little prince?"
    No news is good news.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hulwen gives a small bow, with a slight flourish of his hand. "Hulwen, and well met friend and master of Sandy." he says as he glances over the Fossegrim's wagon, a bemused and serene smile on his lips. "You, sir, seem to have been through a lot, a lot of tales to be told I would wager. Sandy here alone makes for a most curious and no doubt thrilling tale."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hehe. Friend and master to Sandy. Call me Lügner, little prince. Indeed, story I have a plenty, but none for free. Stories are my trade, you see. Sandy and I, we wander where the river takes us, and I buy and sell stories where I find them. Are you interested in a story, little prince?"

Lügner hopped down from the wagon's seat, and Hulwen saw the fey stood a full nine feet tall, larger than any Fossegrim he'd seen before. He kicked the side of his wagon, and a set of stairs fell off the back onto the golden market square, leading into the dark interior. "More than happy to talk business, if you're interested."
    No news is good news.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Prince stands for a moment, considering the invitation into the Fossegrim's abode with a curious expression, but ultimately shakes his head. "Alas, Ser Lügner, I must decline, at least for the moment. I am seeking passage to the North, and as any canny young fellow leaving his home on a journey, I must weigh my options! If you, perchance are heading that way, I would ask your price of passage, and then perhaps I shall return to take you up on it."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Lügner gave a small shrug, and the stairs lifted back into the wagon. "The river might take us north. Especially if that is the way you're going. You look to be a fey who stories follow. Plenty for Sandy and I to record, and to trade."

The two satyrs continued their argument, each one starting to shove the other. The three Kenku had finished their work loading the scrolls and books onto the enchanted palanquin, and the large crow began to caw as the pegasus whinnied. It seemed that "Ornifex's" was just about ready to leave.
    No news is good news.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hulwen's gaze is caught by the Satyrs, and he approaches them with a slightly worried look. He holds up his hands to both of them and calls out "Peace! Peace in the marketplace!"

Show
    Diplomacy to get them to stop fighting (1d20+20)[24]

"Calm yourselves, friends, this is a place of trade and sharing, not of conflict. What is your strife?"