New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Question Star Wars RPG need help finding a ship (cannot remember which book)

For that matter not sure if it was d20 or d6. It's not the FFG version (unless they made an updated version)

It's basically a carrier/transport that can carry a few starfighters externally docked. The stock image had Z-95's docked I believe.

Roughly the same scale as the Goliath (Imperial Assault Carrier) that carries TIE fighters externally.

Which book/page please and thanks!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Star Wars RPG need help finding a ship (cannot remember which book)

The first capital ship that I think of that has external hard points for fighters would be a carrack cruiser. Can carry 5 fighters and it is fast and carries a fair bit of weapons for its size.
    A vestige for me "Pyro火gnus Friend of Meepo" by Zaydos.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...5&postcount=26

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Star Wars Rebels shows Corellian Corvette carrying 2 A-Wings externally. I don't know if that ever made it into a game.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Gozanti Cruiser?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

That's the Imperial Assault Carrier.

The only other case I remember are converted Corellian Corvettes in Wraith Squadron, that had four Tie Fighters in the forward cargo space, which the New Republic then stuck to the escape pod airlocks to fill the cargo space with stacked X-Wings.
    I guess someone might have made stats for that at some point.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MeeposFire View Post
    The first capital ship that I think of that has external hard points for fighters would be a carrack cruiser. Can carry 5 fighters and it is fast and carries a fair bit of weapons for its size.
    That's the first one I thought of as well.

"Compartmentalization does have one major
    drawback, though. Such a defense system takes
    up an inordinate amount of space. As a result, the
    Carrack-class is one of the largest light cruisers
    not equipped with internal hangar bays.

Instead, each Carrack carries four TIE recon
    starfighters docked on an external rack. These
    small ships are used for courier missions and
    scouting duty."
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.