New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Lords of the Labyrinth

When you'd signed up for this job, no one had told you you'd be doing sewer crawling. It was supposed to be a glorious job, killing monsters and saving the city, but here you were, trying not to step in any sewer muck. Luckily the sewers had been Abandoned for centuries, but it hadn't saved your nostrils from the wretched scent of Dead and decaying animals. Atleast you didn't need to smell it when the ruins were a living thriving city.

In any case, your map told you that you were getting closer to the stairs downward. The first few levels of the dungeon you were supposed to be delving into were actually part of the Sewers. It'd been nice to be told that before you had entered, but no luck there sadly.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Crimsythe Vaneria - Half-Elven Cleric of Ioun/Magic-User

"So..." Crimsythe has her shield and mace ready. "Maybe if we try to breathe through our mouths, rather than our noses, we can avoid most of the smell." She steps in something, and clicks her tongue in disgust.

Spoiler: Crimsythe "Vanilla" Vaneria
    Show
    Crimsythe "Vanilla" Vaneria

Neutral (Good) Half-Elf Cleric/Magic-User

STATISTICS
    Prime Requisite Ability Scores Wisdom, Intelligence (+5% Experience/+5% Experience)

Strength 12
    Dexterity 08 (-1 to Hit Ranged, Initiative; +1 to Armor Class)
    Constitution 11 (80% Survive Resurrection, 75% Survive Transformative Shock)
    Intelligence 13 (+1 Languages; 70% Chance to Learn Spells; 5 Spells Minimum; 9 Spells Maximum)
    Wisdom 14 (+1 Saving Throw Modifier against Magic; 2 Additional 1st Level Priest Spells; )
    Charisma 12 (5 Retainers, 7 Retainer Morale)

Hit Points 06/06

Armor Class 06

Breath Attacks 16
    Poison or Death 11
    Petrify or Paralyze 13
    Wands 12
    Spells or Spell-like Devices 14

SPECIAL SKILLS AND POWERS
    HALF-ELF: Infravision out to 60'
    -Locate hidden doors on 1 - 2 on 1d6
    -+4 to saves against ghoul paralysis
    CLERIC: Turn undead, spell use (Divine)
    MAGIC-USER: Spell use (Arcane)
    LANGUAGES: Common, Elvish, Gnoll, Gnome, Hobgoblin, Neutral Good, Orc

Cleric Spells
    1st
    Level: Cure light wounds, detect evil, protection from evil
    -Known: Command, create (destroy) water, cure (cause) light wounds, detect evil (good), detect magic, light, protection from evil (good), purify (putrefy) food and drink, remove (cause) fear, resist cold, sanctuary
    2nd Level: None!
    -Known: None!
    3rd Level: None!

Magic-User Spells
    1st Level:
    Sleep
    -Known: Read magic, sleep
    -Known: Web
    4th Level: None!
    5th Level: None!

EQUIPMENT
    Spell Book
    Holy Symbol (Ioun)
    Combat Gear: Scale armour, helmet, shield, mace, sling (10 bullets)
    Equipment Small Belt Pouch: Currency
    Equipment in Backpack: Water skin, small sack (4), scroll case, ink (1 ounce), quill pen (6)
    Equipment on Pack Mule ("Hazel"): Trail rations (8), iron spikes, hammer, bedroll, winter blanket

TREASURE
    Platinum Coins 00000
    Gold Coins 00002
    Electrum Coins 00000
    Silver Coins 00000
    Copper Coins 00000
    Other Treasure -- Nothing, yet!

PERSONA
    Crimsythe is a sorcerer and priest who seeks lore, that she might make life easier for all the good people in the world. What better place to find it, than in dungeons deep and caverns cold?

Crimsythe seems an affable sort. She resembles a "jockish" Elf more than a slender Human, and moves with very little of the grace of the Elven people.

Her hair is long and dark, eyes blue-grey, and skin pale.

Crimsythe is nice enough, but when a subject for which she is really passionate about is brought up, she can "forget her manners". Thankfully she usually has the presence of mind to bite her tongue before somebody else starts crying or otherwise gets their feathers ruffled, but the gods of luck seem to like flipping coins over this...
    Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2020-09-04 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Crimsythe Vaneria - Half-Elven Cleric of Ioun/Magic-User
    "I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of the Labyrinth

"We should only talk when necessary," Ronjon commented, glaring a bit at Crimsythe, "Dark-dwelling creatures have a tendency to set up ambushes, as well as possessing enhanced senses. Every rat and kobald for a hundred yards is probably listening in on us right now."
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

"Reminds me of a story my grand-uncle from my mother's side told me. They were hired to kill som many-eyed monster in sewers below some city. Think it was called Mistybottoms or something like that. Hope our way out does not get blocked like their was."

Adil's walks in front, testing the depth of water puddles... well, puddles of liquid... with his spear.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

"They're not the only ones with enhanced senses." Neebzit brings up the rear, glancing about with his heat vision as he holds his bow at the ready.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The groups finely honed eyes manage to spot out in the distance....a group of goblins! It was unknown from this distance whether they were the almost feral mana-junkie goblins that they were usually ordered to exterminate, or if they were just the normal goblins that worked as an underclass in many cities. Not that the difference mattered to most adventurers. They had not spotted the group yet though, so if they were to be taken out...well they'd never see it coming.
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    Games that I am in

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Right after Adil notices the goblins (meaning, someone else jabs him to notice them), he kneels, spear ready.

He whispers back to the others.

"We need a safe passage in case we need to go back for supplies. Shall we fight or talk? I don't mind either."

He watched the goblins, trying to count the able-bodied or armed ones... he got up to 4 but then he noticed he counted one of them twice, so he had to restart.
    Last edited by Lacco; 2020-08-30 at 02:52 PM.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.

Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"They don't exactly strike me as the tax paying citizen type. We were sent down to kill monsters and squatters, welp we might just be able to check off both boxes for these guys," Ronjon snarked, readying his first javelin.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

9. - Top - End - #9

"We could ask them if they've seen anything unusual," Crimsythe offers, looking at her distance for anything suggesting that these Goblins are armed. "and then if they try anything stupid, attack. I've also a spell on hand that could put them to sleep, but I'd rather expend it on something a little more worthwhile than some paltry Goblin rabble."

Show

STATISTICS
    Prime Requisite Ability Scores Wisdom, Intelligence (+5% Experience/+5% Experience)

Strength 12
    Intelligence 13 (+1 Languages; 70% Chance to Learn Spells; 5 Spells Minimum; 9 Spells Maximum)
    Wisdom 14 (+1 Saving Throw Modifier against Magic; 2 Additional 1st Level Priest Spells; )

Hit Points 06/06

Armor Class 06

Breath Attacks 16
    Poison or Death 11
    Petrify or Paralyze 13
    Wands 12

Cleric Spells
    1st
    -Known: Command, create (destroy) water, cure (cause) light wounds, detect evil (good), detect magic, light, protection from evil (good), purify (putrefy) food and drink, remove (cause) fear, resist cold, sanctuary

Magic-User Spells
    1st Level:
    Sleep

EQUIPMENT
    Spell Book
    Holy Symbol (Ioun)
    Equipment in Backpack: Water skin, small sack (4), scroll case, ink (1 ounce), quill pen (6)
    Equipment on Pack Mule ("Hazel"): Trail rations (8), iron spikes, hammer, bedroll, winter blanket

TREASURE
    Platinum Coins 00000
    Gold Coins 00002
    Electrum Coins 00000
    Silver Coins 00000
    Copper Coins 00000

PERSONA
    Crimsythe is a sorcerer and priest who seeks lore, that she might make life easier for all the good people in the world. What better place to find it, than in dungeons deep and caverns cold?

Crimsythe seems an affable sort. She resembles a "jockish" Elf more than a slender Human, and moves with very little of the grace of the Elven people.

Crimsythe is nice enough, but when a subject for which she is really passionate about is brought up, she can "forget her manners". Thankfully she usually has the presence of mind to bite her tongue before somebody else starts crying or otherwise gets their feathers ruffled, but the gods of luck seem to like flipping coins over this...
    Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2020-09-04 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Crimsythe Vaneria - Half-Elven Cleric of Ioun/Magic-User
    "I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblins heads would snap toward you as the first person whispered. One of the Goblins would fall back, his head dress jangling with all the shiny things he'd attached to it. Meanwhile the others would charge forth, carrying small hand axes!
    Games that I am in

11. - Top - End - #11

Crimsythe clicks her tongue and shakes her head. "Make peace with your gods!" She waits for the nearest of the Goblins to approach, and when it draws close enough, attacks it with a downward swing with her mace.

Show

STATISTICS

Strength 12

Hit Points 06/06

Armor Class 06

Breath Attacks 16
    Poison or Death 11
    Petrify or Paralyze 13
    Wands 12

Cleric Spells
    1st

Magic-User Spells
    1st Level:
    Sleep

EQUIPMENT
    Spell Book
    Holy Symbol (Ioun)

TREASURE
    Platinum Coins 00000
    Gold Coins 00002
    Electrum Coins 00000
    Silver Coins 00000
    Copper Coins 00000

PERSONA

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

"Fight it is. Mâtzang Ngalák, Nökorigril!" Adil shouted the second sentence - an ancient dwarven warcry - and threw his spear at the first goblin.

As soon as the spear left his hand, he went for his axe, ready to spill blood or get his blood spilled.

Spoiler: Spear Throw
    Show

To hit: (1d20)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[5]
    Just to check: no dex bonus, therefore 1d20 to hit; damage +1 from STR bonus. Correct?

13. - Top - End - #13

Neebzit holds an arrow to his bow, grins, and fires twice at the nearest goblin as they approach.

Spoiler: Attack 1
    Show
    (1d20+2)[8] (+1 dex, +1 short range)
    (1d6)[2] damage

Spoiler: Attack 2
    Show
    21 to hit for...a measly 1 damage. (Rolled in discord)
    Last edited by pi4t; 2020-09-05 at 06:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Ronjon threw a Javelin at the closest one once they got in range, probably spraining a shoulder in the process.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    ATTACK!!!!

(1d20+1)[12] (+1 for short range)
    (1d6)[3]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Two of the Goblins get gnobbled but the other two Rage forth, screaming their thirst to the ceiling before grabbing onto the nearest person (Crysanthia), and slashing, trying to get at the heart within.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show

6 and 17 on attack rolls
    2 and 4 for damage respectively
    Games that I am in

16. - Top - End - #16

"Little bastard!" Crimsythe deflected the first blow, but the second strikes true and penetrates her coat of scales. She swats at one of the mongrels with her mace. Whichever one didn't matter, because she wanted their blood and viscera on it.

Show

STATISTICS

Strength 12

Hit Points 02/06

Armor Class 06

Breath Attacks 16
    Poison or Death 11
    Petrify or Paralyze 13
    Wands 12

Cleric Spells
    1st

Magic-User Spells
    1st Level:
    Sleep

EQUIPMENT
    Spell Book
    Holy Symbol (Ioun)

TREASURE
    Platinum Coins 00000
    Gold Coins 00002
    Electrum Coins 00000
    Silver Coins 00000
    Copper Coins 00000

PERSONA

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Adil growled "Hey, slimelicker! Pick someone your own size!" and jumped into the fray, swinging his axe at the other goblin.

Spoiler: ATTAAAACK
    Show

Attack roll (1d20+1)[15]
    Damage roll (1d6+1)[4]
    Last edited by Lacco; 2020-09-10 at 05:37 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Neebzit circles around, trying to get a good angle to fire again.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[12]
    (1d6)[3] damage

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Ronjon sends forth another javelin at the nearest goblin, ready to spill blood!

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+1)[16]
    (1d6)[6]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

The remainder of the Goblins are now dead! Their blood coats Crimsynthe's mace. As the last one drops, the little goblin shaman walks out with his crusty hands up.
    "Good Good! People killed the Bad Goblins. Good people not kill good goblin, like Zitch right?"
    Judging from the veins clear on his body, he was just as mana-starved as the rest of them.
    Games that I am in

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Adil took a step to stand in front of Crim...syn...the elven lady. Her skill with mace left him impressed, but she was wounded and his grandpa' always told him to protect the others. He often turned towards the old man's advice.

He tried looking grim and determined, watching the ugly, ready to deliver a swift blow.

"Should we leave it alive?" he tried to whisper to his companions, but his attempt at subtlety was ruined by his dwarven sonorous voice.
    Last edited by Lacco; 2020-09-22 at 05:26 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

d20 Re: Lords of the Labyrinth

Crimsythe is in significant amounts of pain, her breathing shallow. Nonetheless, she harnesses her mace when the last Goblin falls, and begins to gesture and intone while "Zitch" attempts to parley with his betters-in-battle.

"Life, and death, I am without..." The sorcerer-priestess touches her free hand on her wound. "...mend now this scar on my body." Her eyes shoot open as nerves, flesh, and blood vessels knit themselves together. Her vision is less blurry, and her breathing normal.

"Maybe. He could tell us a thing or two..." It is plain by her expression that she does not trust this "Zitch" at all, but that he could prove useful! She looks at her three companions.

Show

STATISTICS

Strength 12

Hit Points 06/06

Armor Class 06

Breath Attacks 16
    Poison or Death 11
    Petrify or Paralyze 13
    Wands 12

Cleric Spells
    1st

Magic-User Spells
    1st Level:
    Sleep

EQUIPMENT
    Spell Book
    Holy Symbol (Ioun)

TREASURE
    Platinum Coins 00000
    Gold Coins 00002
    Electrum Coins 00000
    Silver Coins 00000
    Copper Coins 00000

PERSONA

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Adil narrows his eyes.

"Yeah. Looks talkative. Still, don't want to be heartless..."

He raises his shield and shifts his stance, ready to jump forward and kill at slightest provocation, waiting just for the slightest movement or a command from his companions.

"...just say a word."
    Last edited by Lacco; 2020-09-22 at 05:26 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

"Well met, 'Good' Zitch," Crimsythe steps forward. "Tell us, what makes you 'good'? What were you doing with those you called 'bad'?"

She then mutters, hoping that only those around her can hear her, "Why should we spare you?"

Show

STATISTICS

Strength 12

Hit Points 06/06

Armor Class 06

Breath Attacks 16
    Poison or Death 11
    Petrify or Paralyze 13
    Wands 12

Cleric Spells
    1st

Magic-User Spells
    1st Level:
    Sleep

EQUIPMENT
    Spell Book
    Holy Symbol (Ioun)

TREASURE
    Platinum Coins 00000
    Gold Coins 00002
    Electrum Coins 00000
    Silver Coins 00000
    Copper Coins 00000

PERSONA

25. - Top - End - #25

Neebzit keeps his bow at the ready, but steps forward to get a closer look at Zitch's face, watching for any signs of deception.