New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Civ6itp3: Random Encounters.

So.. been a while for any posts, sorry about that.

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    "Most esteemed citizens, I apologize for the delay in announcements. Unfortunately, most of what we've found has been... a whole lot of nothing."

"Seriously, there's our patch of green, then lots of desert, and then the purple dudes and their green. So, it's been pretty boring just exploring here."

"So... yeah. Nothing much has happened. We've traded with them, are looking to scout and maybe expand to the north, but... all in all, things feel not too bad."

"Lower cities are small, but... they pull some weight. Need to learn how to increase our production, though."

"Upper cities could do with being a bit bigger, but... we're working on getting there. Developing. Eventually."

"Our scientists, however, are the best in the known world! We have immense scientific prowess!"

So... yeah. Not much has happened. Mostly boring turns, building stuff up. I heavily need to build up Production, but I've not found Industrialization yet. Also need to build up a military, which I'll be doing once this current batch of stuff is finished. Good units are zero good if you aren't having them deployed.

I'm genuinely happy for once at the amount of Science I'm able to do, though. I know I got ridiculously lucky, though, with having 2 Science city-states right there.

I'm gonna fall behind, though, if I don't deal with things quick. Because I'm pretty limited right now. Especially since my tech advantage'll fall away if I don't have hills.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: DataNinja (Korea)
    Show
    Hello strange people on your strange vessel. I am Governor Bibble, representing Queen Apailana Amanitoré of Nubia. You may have noticed our Nubian Security Bureau officers as you sailed by. We are currently putting down a small rebellion, but it should be resolved soon.

Spoiler: Spectator Update
    Show
    "M'lady, the University has fallen. Shall we withdraw?"

"I was inclined to order our forces home upon taking the University, governor. However, the recent erratic behavior of their escaped dean, Mr. Roosevelt, leaves me with no choice. Hunt him down and bring him back to MRE in chains."

"It shall be done. What of the strange people we spotted sailing past our lands?"

"They would do well to respect our borders. Otherwise, we may need to take drastic action against them too."

----------------------

Wow, Lentrax's capital was a lot closer to me than I had realized. I had planned on sparing her if she'd stayed in, but it looks like AI Teddy will need to be eradicated.

Also, Korea's science is already double mine. Looks like I need to build some campuses ASAP if I want to stay in the running.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Haven't posted in a while because things have been very slow, haha.

Show
    "My queen, we've finally spotted some of this continent's inhabitants. So much unused coastline... this bodes well for our great empire."

"Are they any danger to us?"

"It seems they would have to cross the sea to threaten us."

"...So, no."

"Indeed."

Spoiler: Nubia
    Show
    A messenger sails into the city of Peacemaker's Rest on a canoe, bearing a message.

To the noble people of... wherever this place is.

Greetings from thrice-blessed Gitarja, queen of the Majapahit. We come to you from far across the ocean, in our quest to map every boundary of the planet. Treat well with us, and we will be kindly; incite our wrath, and suffer the divine storm of justice.

Show
    Cities are coming along, but districts are slow. As you can see, my science and culture is... not as high as I'd like. But we have several scouting galleys, and harbors are finally coming online, so that should give us some strong income.

But who's this? It's Nubia! Far, far away from me.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, haha. This game just seems to be... looser than other ones. Which... honestly, I'm okay with.

Spoiler: RayGallade (Nubia)
    Show
    "Ah, greetings fellow sentients, it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance. Most of those that we've found so far haven't exactly been the type to want to talk - and if they do, it's not with their words - so it's nice to have a change of pace."

"Our condolences on the rebellion issue. Nasty little things, and have such a habit of delaying the important things in life."

"However, you should be happy to know that further communications with such an important person such as yourself will be sent as a direct memo to President Dent herself. A complementary towel has been included with the communication information."

"Best regards from the absurdly inaccurately named United Galactic Government."
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Eurus (Indonesia)
    Show
    Hello stranger, I am Governor Bibble, representing Queen Apailana Amanitoré of Nubia. You have come to the city where we are constructing our J-type 327 Nubian. So long as you do not threaten our vessel, our Nubian Security Bureau will remain friendly.

Show
    Of course, President Dent. We appreciate your towel, it shall go nicely with the decoration in our J-type 327 Nubian.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Perhaps next time we should enforce peace between players for, say, the first 50 turns. Stopping the rush of a civ with an ancient Unique Unit can be exceedingly challenging to borderline impossible. We can always add more AIs to still allow early warmongering.

Show

Barbs are really getting uppity... I have two settlers en route to that peninsula and have to fight tooth and nail for every inch.

At least Cloaca Maxima will make for a splendid Petra, though Mathematics of course was the very last classical tech I uncovered. Shuffle sure is inconvenient.

My original plan was to take Korea with Legions but she has a big enough tech lead she might have crossbows in time. Probably would have been better to have already done it instead of hunting for Mathematics.
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2020-10-09 at 02:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Sigh... Missed an exceptional Petra by just a few turns. That could have been a game-changing city.
    Spoiler: Feel free to look
    Show

Spoiler: Dataninja(Korea)
    Show
    Once esteemed neighbour,

We welcomed your ambassador who came with an offer of friendship. However, the insolent cur couldn't stop laughing when he was introduced to our glorious leader Biggus Dingus and his beautiful wife, Incontinentia Buttox. Such frivolous mockery can not be tolerated and as such, we are now in a state of war until no man, woman or child in your cities is left laughing.

Romanes Eunt Korea.

Show

Should work out well enough. Stupidly forgot to link the siege tower before so it's a few steps behind. Korea was suzerain of Hattusa; put an envoy in to make it neutral, but before that killed an archer where the wounded legion is in case Data regains suzerainty.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: TheFallenOne (Rome)
    Show
    We repeatedly stretched out the hand of friendship, but were denied. That you consign a peoples at the act of one individual… it is sickening. We imagined you to be civilized. Where we could share in prosperity. But now we see that it is a futile dream.

Show
    This may very well be our final transmission. Our first towel, also our last. We ask now for aid.

Help us, Queen Amanitoré, you're our only hope.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-10-15 at 06:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    Dear President Dent,

The Nubian Security Bureau is willing to mobilize to send you aid. However, we do not know where you are. How would we find you? What do you call the continent upon which you reside?

-Governor Bibble

Show
    "M'lady, the horse people have been giving us funny looks. Something about our Flight offending them. Shall we attack?"

"No Governor. We shall instead direct our security forces to aid the friendly Koreans. However, we do not know the way.

-----------------------

I was planning on killing off Scythia, but I'm being offered a sizable bounty to join the Korean War.

If you'd like to see what city you lost Petra to, let me know
    Last edited by RayGallade; 2020-10-15 at 10:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Ah, it is a relief to hear such a thing. I do not expect us to escape unscathed... but perhaps we can avoid utter annihilation.

Our mapmakers have given this land the peculiar place of Kernorland. I think it's meant to be a joke, because it's awfully hard to read with the wrong kerning. Our capital lies roughly twelve standard MegaUnits south of the city-state of Brussels, which is (if you've not discovered it), just south of your Research Outpost 1.

May the solar winds be at your back. We will try and hang on, however improbably it may be.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    The NSB is en route. Hopefully they will not have to sail far to reach your lands.

-Governor Bibble

12. - Top - End - #132
    Colossus in the Playground

So you folks may have an issue. (copied from 4)

OOC note. So we may have an issue, with cultural victories possibly being bugged.

https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comment..._cultural_win/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CivVI/comme...play_by_cloud/

It may not be a constant thing, but it seems to happen fairly frequently?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    A letter to President Dent of the United Galactic Government

Dear President Dent,

How does the war front look on your end? The NSB has had issues navigating the waters and has been delayed. However, four squads of our elite Pitali Archers and a galley are nearing your borders. What forces do the invading Romans display?

We unfortunately have been forced to split our troops into three armies due to the vile betrayal of both the dark lady of the Scyth Tomryis and the cruel Lady Six Sky. Once we secure our borders, the remainder of our army shall deploy south as quickly as possible.

Yours in warfare,

-Governor Bibble

Show
    A letter to Queen Gitarja of Indonesia

To her Majesty, Queen Gitarja,

Surely by now you have become aware of the world war threatening the peace, freedom, justice, and security that my Queen Apailana Amanitoré has won for her new empire. Caesar Trajen's war against my lady's friend, President Dent, has drawn our ire. However, even as we began our march in defense of our beleaguered friend, we were betrayed. It appears Roman gold now graces the treasury of two of our neighbors as they deploy their forces against the Nubian Security Bureau. We wish to know how you and your nation stand in this World War and if you would accept a formal declaration of friendship between our two Kingdoms, that there might not be conflict between us.

-Governor Bibble

Spoiler: Spectator War Update
    Show

"M'lady, the officers have arrived with reports of the three front war we have been sucked into. We believe that we can quickly win the eastern war. The is fortunate, as it is the closest to home. The matter of the Scyth may take longer, though we have our two best Pitali squads assigned to that front. Preslav has also entered the fight and has passed its soldiers into our command. With any luck, we should be able to take down her hoards of horsemen without too much issue."

"Very good, Governor. See to it that all traitors to my rule are captured and publicly executed. I want the whole world to think twice about declaring war upon me"

"It shall be done, my lady."

-----------------------------

My current government. I'm the only civ with a Tier 2 government in place right now.

As for this war, I wasn't expecting TheFallenOne to bribe both Scythia and Maya into attacking me, but at least it will spare me some warmongering penalties when I slaughter them all as I was planning on anyways. Tomyris might give me some issues with how much she spams light cavalry, but I should be able to best a Prince AI without too many issues.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Illustrious Bibble,

As of currently, they are attacking on two fronts. Having taken the University of Maximegalon, they are coming for my capital with five Legions and a siege tower.

Over isolated on the eastern side of the continent, they've sent two Legions to my city there, but my Two Swordsmen are hopefully able to hold them off in conjunction with the city. I fear it is merely a delaying option. Do not land north of there, though, as there are many Barbarians and rough terrain.

The forces of Taruga, Hattusa, and Bandar Brunai have helped, but I unfortunately have not had the coin to directly levy them, and my grasp on the allegiances of the cities is tenuous at best. But they have bought a modicum of time. And that time is all we can hope for.

Appreciative of it all,

-R. Dent

Show
    So... I've not been updating much, part because it's... a little disheartening, because I'm stupid and should have seen this coming, partially because I'm sure you're getting far better updates from my adversary.

It's... not looking good. I completely slacked on my military in my quest to actually get a decent science score this game. So... yeah. I am entirely outmatched. My production definitely can't keep up with this. The only reason I've not lost yet is because of Hattusa's ability that gives me strategic resources I don't have, so I could upgrade to some swordsmen to buy time.

I might be able to hold them off for a bit on my eastern flank, but... probably not. They're better than I am, have the same numbers, and just need to pull back to heal. I have no production over there. Even a warrior is too little, too late.

Hoping I can hold off until Ray gets here, but... it's not likely.

I'd like to say that I gave a good showing this time, but... to be frank, I blew it once again. Should have learned from prior games, that other players are not your friends...

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RayGallade View Post
    Show
    A letter to Queen Gitarja of Indonesia

To her Majesty, Queen Gitarja,

Surely by now you have become aware of the world war threatening the peace, freedom, justice, and security that my Queen Apailana Amanitoré has won for her new empire. Caesar Trajen's war against my lady's friend, President Dent, has drawn our ire. However, even as we began our march in defense of our beleaguered friend, we were betrayed. It appears Roman gold now graces the treasury of two of our neighbors as they deploy their forces against the Nubian Security Bureau. We wish to know how you and your nation stand in this World War and if you would accept a formal declaration of friendship between our two Kingdoms, that there might not be conflict between us.

-Governor Bibble
    Show
    To Governor Bibble, and the people of Nubia;

Those who hunger for war will always find an enemy in the people of Indonesia. While we are not opposed to uniting our people with friendship, it is unlikely that we can extend military force to the parts of the world where this war is taking place in any reasonable timeframe, and we have no wish to waste time and resources on a doomed errand. For the near future, we are willing to offer friendship to you.

-From the offices of Her Majesty, Queen Gitarja

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Spectators - War Update
    Show

The first city has fallen. Korea had very little defense but did very well in the envoy game and I had to cut my way through the troops of three city states. Four archers, a swordsman and a chariot down and Bandar Brunei became neutral again thanks to Tomyris so I should now be mostly done with the city state interference.

Haven't lost a unit yet. Dataninja could take out that wounded legion but doing so would expose the offending unit and very likely allow me to kill it.

She thankfully neglected to clear the rainforest around her capital so my besieging units will enjoy a nice +6 tile defense. And afterwards I can use the Legions' chop. The builders I sent in the wake of my military are already in the process of improving the terrain.

Here she should have gone for walls instead of a second swordsman. One had to come out of the safety of the city and is now easy fodder for my superior units. Once the third Legion gets involved I should capture this one too.

Spoiler: Spectators - Empire Overview
    Show

The combination of Baths and Audience Chamber allows me to build some impressive cities well ahead of their time. That's the advantage I have to leverage if I want to overcome Ray's current sizable lead. Though it will force me to spread my governor promotions.

How I long for Petra... If he didn't beat me to it this here could be a matchwinner. Even invested my pantheon into Lady of the Reeds and Marshes. Oh well, thanks to Reina I still make good bank from this city. Just used Land Surveyors to buy all resources 3 squares away from my cities, next I will save up to buy the first medieval Great General. That could give me the edge to win the war.

I love how Baths give me far more freedom in city placement, with the halved production cost I can in good conscience put a city in a tile without water and still get it running pretty fast. I finally cleared out the last barbarians in my corner, but it's a bit of a walk until that Legion can join the fight.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

A message to all nations of the civilized world from Her Imperial Majesty, Queen Apailana Amanitoré of Nubia, Defender of Peacemaker's Rest, President of the University of Illinois, and Conqueror of the Scyth.

"People of the world, know that President Dent of the United Galactic Government and I have sworn a formal alliance against the tyranny of Rome. My people have emerged from the sands of time to shepherd the lost and guide them into a golden future. We march in unity with the U.G.G. to defend their lands. But know this, Roman agents poisoned the minds of Tomyris, Lady Six Sky, and Wilhelmina. As our Nubian Security Bureau marched to protect our friend, all of our neighbors were bribed to attack us! These acts of war cannot be ignored. Tomyris has been captured and executed, while Lady Six Sky has fled her palace and will soon be apprehended from her pitiful hideout. Soon Wilhelmina will learn the error of her ways and face Nubian justice.

"We call upon Rome to cease this aggression and return all cities taken from the United Galactic Government. If you do not, then the Nubian Security Bureau will be dispatched to arrest you. Your army may be Legion, but our arrows, bolts, and guns shall turn you aside."

Show
    Now that Tomyris has been disposed of, we can deliver 3 more squads of crossbowmen, a siege gun, a knight, and a highly trained close quarters specialist to your front. If Rome does not back off from their aggression, we will also begin training a second army to open a new front. You wouldn't happen to know where Trajan's capital lies in relation to the Dutch, would you?

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Dataninja(Korea)
    Show
    The sublime Nastius Dingus lets it be known,

Yesterday my esteemed father Biggus Dingus died in a most unfortunate manure explosion that I assure you is wholly unrelated to the recent invention of gunpowder and the fact his old ass refused to yield the throne for fourthousand years and counting. The age of muskets cannons and... fireworks launchers I guess? is upon us and I look with concern at the havoc they may wreak. Our front line has been stable for a long time so I propose we formalize the current state and bring the fighting to a halt. You may - rightly or falsely - believe your capital's defenses to hold even against my formidable number of musketmen, but there is nothing you could do to stop my conquest of Hattusa to deny you its benefits should hostilities continue.

Also, I have decreed it is hereby permitted to laugh at the name of Biggus Dingus and his wife Incontinentia Buttox, though it is considered polite to apologize afterwards.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

"Indeed. The attacks have been scurrilous, and without any warning. Accusations were leveled after war declarations, and no attempts at reconciliation were made. Retribution was disproportionate to the purported slight."

"But it is not just us who have been targeted. The free city of Bandar Brunei has been taken, simply for defending us against these unprovoked attacks. Be warned, friends. It is clear that Rome has designs on us all."

"We never wanted war. But we will not bow to intimidation. So long as our cities remain under foreign hands, we will not yield."

Show
    Rome is offering peace, but they refuse to return my cities. It would solely be as-is. This is unacceptable. I do have eyes on Amsterdam. It is essentially at the same latitude as one of my captured cities, and you will have to pass by it anyways - the only known safe sea route is slightly north of the waters to the west of Amsterdam. Continuing west will get you to the Guide Offices.

Spoiler: TheFallenOne (Rome)
    Show
    I am afraid that that is something that I cannot allow, unless you are to return the cities of my people.

As has been stated, they were taken in a disproportionate attack. But, perchance a new ruler will herald a new outlook. We await your reply.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RayGallade
    People of the world, know that President Dent of the United Galactic Government and I have sworn a formal alliance against the tyranny of Rome.
    Uh-huh. I bet your warmonger penalty is easily in the triple digits

Spoiler: DataNinja(Korea)
    Show
    We see no reason to yield that which we are in no danger of losing. Even if your defense holds, you are far from able to mount a viable counter-offensive. Any such attempt would require a significant investment of resources that would see far better pay off when instead spent on settling the empty land to your north. Our main benefit of peace would be to finally allow your former city of Guide Offices to grow. Surrendering the city would remove any reason for us to stop the fight.

However, as an added incentive and gesture of good will, we are prepared to offer you a resource of incense in exchange of a symbolic token of a single gold per turn.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

A message to all nations of the civilized world from Her Imperial Majesty, Queen Apailana Amanitoré of Nubia, Defender of Peacemaker's Rest, President of the University of Illinois, Conqueror of the Scyth, and Diplomat Supreme.

We are not sure what the Romans mean by this "warmonger penalty," but we wished to announce to the world that the war between the Dutch and the Nubians has ended in Wilhelmina's complete and unconditional surrender. All Dutch cities other than Amsterdam have been transferred over to the NSB. She would do well to remember the might of our security bureau, else an "accident" happen.

Show
    "My Queen, perhaps we ought to continue to rely upon negotiations? This coup was impressive."

"No Governor, this was born out of opportunity. Wilhelmina WILL face Nubian justice the next time she rebels. I merely saw a chance to absorb her holdings without bloodshed."

"And what of the Ethiopians' relic? How did you come to possess that?

"Their Emperor sought Nubian coffee. Apparently his Ethiopian coffee was not the correct roast for his taste, so he asked of our supply. If coffee is so precious to him that he would offer a priceless relic for our treasury, who am I to deny him?"

-------------

So, I think the AI is broken. Wilhelmina offers me all her cities and resources when I've only taken a settler and then Menelik II gives me his relic in exchange for Coffee, a resource he already has. At least this opens up a safe route for my next wave of troops.

Spoiler: Out of Character Response to TheFallenOne
    Show
    It's actually 49

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Show

This one fell very soon after the last update, killing both defending swordsmen without losses on my side, but it's a rather subpar city. At least I get a new luxury out of it.

I have a good kill to loss ratio, even without counting all the city state units I had to cut through to get at Korea. Those suckers were relentless. In all I have lost four Legions and two Crossbowmen. However, the city states delayed me long enough for Korea to get multiple Crossbows up and I aborted my assault on the capital.

That city flipped to neutral twice from loyalty pressure and I could only maintain control by also taking Bandar Brunei, now Nasus Magnus.
    I just used the build charges of my Legions to chop a wood and a swamp, with another wood to follow, to speed up the development of the city. Gonna place another farm triangle up north.

Buying a Great General with cold hard cash was worth every penny. RayGallade started supporting Korea but placed his units way too aggressively. I killed four of his crossbows in the previous two turns without losing a unit of my own. Got the +3 era score from killing a veteran unit so that's nice, didn't even know that's a thing. One of them must have had 3 promotions so that was probably one of the most elite units he had.

With the general bonus and extra movement from him plus Logistics I also cleared out the first of Korea's Hwachas. I'm currently building some catapults to combine them into two corps then upgrade to bombards, that might be enough to finally breach Korea's walls. Always unconvenient to fight in the era of the enemy's unique unit and Hwachas are excellent on defense.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Thanks for the updates all. I at least do read everything even if I don't comment.

Spoiler: TheFallenOne
    Show

So are going for a domination victory or are you going to pivot at some stage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    So are going for a domination victory or are you going to pivot at some stage?
    His lead is insurmountable unless I take some of his cities, but after we equalize I think science may be my best bet. My cities can grow bigger than his and I know from the other game he is somewhat neglectful in improving tiles even late into the game, so when it comes to building the projects I should be able to outproduce him.

Don't think I'll be able to pull it off, though if I win the race to Forbidden City I'll feel more confident. Next I'm gonna corps up my elite units and bank up for the first industrial era Great General so I'll have a seamless transition in era coverage from my medieval one.
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2020-10-27 at 04:48 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Spectator Update (Empire)
    Show
    "My lady, myself and the other governors have put together an overview of the general health and status of the empire. Would you like to see if?"

"Of course governor, it always brings me joy to see how my empire is functioning."

"Here we see the core of the empire. MRE, ABU, YAH, AHA, and Smuggler's Arrest form the central nexus the empire. You can see many wonderful structures our engineers have designed in the vicinity. MRE in particular is the jewel of the world, hosting three separate wonders. If only we had acted on the plans for the Apadana before constructing them. Surely that would have inspired the lesser nations to join our cause."

(My capital and the surrounding cities are doing incredibly well now. Apart from not constructing Apadana before the other wonders, MRE has proven to be a powerhouse of a capital. I'm clocking almost 60 production and with the Oracle constructed there I am pumping out lots of Great People. I forgot that the city had to own its own Entertainment District, otherwise it would also house the Colosseum. Instead, YAH got that honor while AHA got Huey Teocalli.)

"The Nubian Security Bureau's headquarters also serves as an excellent gem of a city. Our city rules over all desert cities thanks to the wonders of Petra. Meanwhile, the nationalized University of Illinois has become a naval pillar for our empire. These two cities have served us well."

(NSB is an excellent Petra city, though I haven't given enough culture development to it to maximize its desert hill production. I don't think I've seen much better Petra city in a while. I put the Encampment that far south to help my southward advance. University of Illinois has Kilwa Kisiwani, so it is going to be a powerhouse city if I can get more city states under my thumb.)

"Peacemaker's Rest and KER represented our southernmost holdings for a long time. Unlike the previously mentioned cities, these are not exactly jewels of the empire. Our government has a presence at the Rest, but otherwise we don't have much that we can do there. We may need to do something about the Ethiopians who have been advancing on our borders recently."

(I feel bad for Illven's start. Peacemaker's Rest really has nothing going for it. KER doesn't have much going for it other than housing the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus. Honestly, that's my favorite wonder in the game just for how useful getting extra uses out of my great engineers is.)

"Here are our western holdings. Research Outpost I has turned into a decent city, while the remains of the Scyth Empire has been fully assimilated. Strangely, the local governor of the region keeps asking me if I've heard about a certain tragedy. Not sure why he keeps asking me so much."

(Not much to mention here. Research Outpost I is okay, though production is a little sparse. The Scythian cities aren't doing much for me. Again, not much production to go around except for Plagueis. I had to spend some faith to spread my religion there.)

"This is all that remains of Lady Six Sky's former lands. There were two other cities, but they were small and poorly developed, so we burned them. WAK will serve us well."

(Lady Six Sky had barbarian problems all through her reign. Unfortunately for me, I inherited them from her. She left a barbarian camp north of WAK that kept sending swordsmen and crossbows after my troops. Meanwhile, another one spawned right outside my borders. The two cities had no districts and were honestly poorly placed.)

"Recently integrated into the empire, we see the remains of the Dutch empire. They did recently settle to the north of here, but we will absorb them soon. All production has been focused onto supporting the war effort, which we will get to momentarily."

(I still can't believe the AI gave up all its cities and gold to me for nothing. These cities' proximity to Rome makes military production a no brainer. At some point I will probably take over Amsterdam.)

"Finally, here is the newest member of our empire. The brave citizens who settled here have set up in order to provide President Dent a place of refuge in case the war goes poorly. Until then, we will start focusing on developing a protective navy out of here."

(I'd rather not have to give this up, but FWD gives me a trade post between me and Korea. The three luxuries are a nice bonus.)

Spoiler: Specator Update (Warfront)
    Show
    "Now that we have covered domestic affairs, let's examine the war effort."

"Very good governor."

"President Dent's capital has fallen. Our expeditionary force has been decimated, but the navy and our one remaining cannon remain committed to the effort."

"As you can see, our navy can easily retake the city. We put the Roman musketmen corps to the death. We can now see the extent of the Roman war effort. It appears the majority of their army is still deployed here, though our harassment forces have started seeing some resistance."

"After slaughtering another musket corps, we have chosen to return the city to President Dent. This may be a bloody battle for the citizens of Korea, but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make if it allows us to bleed Rome dry."

(Things didn't look good for a while, but it for now it looks like DataNinja and I are starting to get a grasp on the situation here. I'll win this war if we start trading the city back and forth since I can liberate it to DataNinja and keep my ironclad alive. Meanwhile, TheFallenOne will lose whatever unit he takes it with.)

"The vanguard of the NSB has taken Arrow Beach. We will take the southern city to secure the peninsula and then push west in search of Trajan's capital."

"Here is R&D's progress. We continue to work on making the J-Type 327 ready for travel. Soon our military will eclipse the Romans' might."

(I've got the science lead with about double the science production over second place. Hopefully I'll start pulling ahead the rest of the world. Culture is pretty much even across the board.)

Spoiler: Spectator Comment
    Show
    And that concludes my empire-wide overlook. Is there anything else that you'd like to see from me?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Ray
    Show
    No that was a very thorough post, many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    So how is glorious Indonesia doing? Well... in any other game I'd say "not bad".

There's one or two cities not pictured here, to the south, but they're small ones. This honestly feels like a pretty decent place to be! I just sorta kept expanding to fill space. Unfortunately, the victory boards make it clear that Nubia has a lead that is... I hesitate to throw the word "insurmountable" around casually, but it might just be that. I have no idea how they got so many cities, but it's turned them into a real menace.

Do I have a plan? Well, sorta. I'll update you on it in a little while, if it works out.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

How fair folks?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: TVTyrant
    Show
    I imagine you can gather via the spectator posts of others, but... personally, I'm not exactly in a strong position.

I basically only am still alive because I have the world superpower on my side. So, yes. I'm personally fairly inconsequential.

(A shame, since, uh, I felt I was doing competitively in a few aspects. Ah well.)

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Spoiler: TVTyrant
    Show
    I imagine you can gather via the spectator posts of others, but... personally, I'm not exactly in a strong position.

I basically only am still alive because I have the world superpower on my side. So, yes. I'm personally fairly inconsequential.

(A shame, since, uh, I felt I was doing competitively in a few aspects. Ah well.)
    Spoiler: Dataninja
    Show
    It's been a few weeks, I wasn't sure how it had progressed. Sorry the games not going great.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".