New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Crowley's Kids [IC]

"Okay, quickly lets mingle with the merchants." Zoria said moving towards teh throng of people and motioning for her siblings to follow her.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Jak follows, trying to keep an eye out for Liliana... even though he doesn't think his eyes are good enough to spot her.

(1d20+2)[11]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

"You should probably do the talking, sister" Kleus noted, putting a hand on Zoria's shoulder "With a bit of help"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    First Guidance on myself for the Perception check:
    (1d20+4)[23]+(1d4)[3]
    Steel defender (1d20+5)[22]

Then Guidance on Zoria, +1d4 to an ability check within the minute!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

OOC: Readying Prestidigitation for the coin trick, prior to talking.

Zoria approached the merchant and put on her best smile, "Hello, I noticed that you're about to leave, I was wondering if you'd be so kind to let my siblings and I travel with you outside the wall." As she spoke she held up her hand causing a golden coin to dance between her fingers. "Just a short trip and we part ways."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Colossus in the Playground

The merchant looks at the coin dancing in your hand, and gives a small grin. "How much we talking?"

A brief bit of haggling later (you ARE in a hurry) and you part with a dozen gold pieces and a sizable ruby. "We've got some blankets we can lay on the crates-should be comfy enough." True to their word, a few of the porters take some thick blankets and lay them on some of the lower-stacked crates, which you perch on, still a bit nervous. A few minutes pass, with you all keeping your eyes peeled, and then the caravan starts moving.

You pass through the gates, no sign of an attack. There's a hefty bump as you go over some construction just past the gates, and then smooth riding.

The caravan you're on is heading for the next big city, Arn. The journey will take about three weeks, and would certainly require more payments to the merchants, but you're out of Indos now. You're safe, from the Crusaders, at least, no need to stay on the caravan.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Jak breathes a sigh of relief as soon as they're out of Indos. "Okay, we're clear of the city. We can probably afford to pay a little bit more to stay with the caravan... but we mostly signed up with them to dodge the Crusaders, and we could stand to brush up on our magic. On the other hand... do you think we could stay with them for free (at least until we hit Arn) if we volunteered to help the guards out if it came to a fight?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

"I mean... Paying has never been a problem has it?" Kleus wondered "Still, checking out Arn is a good idea and if we can gain something from it... Plus, unless we strike out on our own we'd still end up fighting if need be. I think so, yes"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

"We might want to talk to Dog at the Monastary first." Zoria said. "We might find out more as to what is making the Crusader's tick without the added hassle of having to deal with a large family of skilled magic users. If the caravan is swinging by there, sure it would make sense to stick with them. If not then we should part ways whenever its reasonable."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

When she can get the time to do so, Zoria is going to spend some time to ritualy resummon Mr. Nibbs.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

"Large family of magic users? Is there... Are you talking about the Starborns? I know they've been there, but... they don't have any permanent facilities there, right? We aren't likely to run into any of them there, are we?"

"If we do have the bad luck of running into one of them, we should probably flee the city, but I don't think they're more likely to be there than anywhere else."

"Maybe we should go to the Monastery right after Arn? Maybe we can even find a caravan heading that way, leaving from Arn. It's not like moving west is going to get us appreciably farther from the Monastery."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2020-10-18 at 07:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

"Do we need to head to Arn though?" Zoria mused. "I mean, if the Starborns aren't there what might we find? Maybe some more information on the Crusaders? Or maybe even Dad? The only reason I'd suggest visiting those close to 'them' would be to get a clearer picture as to why they went after Dad without a direct and... um.. bloody confrontation. What do we know of Arn?"

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's the nearest city worthy of that title, and the easiest place for us to buy the things we'll need for the loooong trip north. (That is worth doing, but we aren't equipped for it yet.)"

"The Crusaders are supposed to still be in the city, so I would worry some might still be there... but what little I saw and heard of..."
    Jak pauses, and tries to collect himself. "Dad's last... last fight, suggests that they were all there. Anyway, what little information the public grapevine had on their plans suggests they're supposed to be meeting with the head of the city's ruling class soon, but that they're supposed to be gone before this caravan is scheduled to arrive."

Jak takes a deep breath before he continues.

"What I'm hoping, though I don't believe it's likely, is that we'll find out that the Crusaders are still in Arn, and realize someone else disguised themselves as the Crusaders hoping to... put Dad out of the way without drawing a target on their own back." Jak shrugs, and slightly shapeshifts to a version of his ordinary face with a resting-sad-face. "Again: not likely to happen."

"Beyond that, I figure it's the last place the Crusaders will look for us... and that if they bailed on the most powerful man in Arn to go... go kill... Dad, we... might be able to make some trouble for their reputation there by meeting with the official they blew off and playing off of the faux paus. (And while we're there, we might find they hurt someone in Arn who maybe didn't deserve it. I wouldn't have believed that of them before today...)"
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2020-10-29 at 03:09 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Colossus in the Playground

In exchange for a few coins and guarding their caravan, the merchants agree to lend you their knowledge of the roads and keep you on till Arn. Luckily, though, the travel is largely uneventful. There are a few passing travelers and another caravan heading to Indos along the way, but no bandits, no animal attacks (though a bit of hunting), and no real danger.

Soon enough, the city of Arn is visible, and within the hour, you bid the merchants farewell as they head for their contacts. What will you do now?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show