Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: [IC] Aleph Station

Fairy

Spoiler: Security Checkpoint
    Show
    "Dammit, did they just scatter!? Gah- nevermind, let's mop this up, Sidewinder."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Fire at right turret, and if the agents manage to destroy it, read the documents on the table.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Turn 4 Begin

Spoiler: Aurora, Chain, Doc, Fairy, Scrap, Sidewinder
    Show
    Current Room: Security Checkpoint
    Exits To: Main Airlock, Rec Lounge, Test Range, Armory (Locked)

Together the agents release a larger barrage against the turret. The machine is disabled by the onslaught of minigun fire, pistol shots, and a flying stapler. In the meantime, Fairy slips over and grabs some documents off the desk.

Sidewinder successfully attacks turret, dealing 1 damage.
    Chain successfully attacks turret, dealing 1 damage.
    Aurora misses the turret.
    Fairy grabs documents.
    Spoiler: Fairy
    Show
    The documents detail part of the station's security system. The vault is sealed by a complex lock, which can be overridden by triggering 5 manual override switches spread across the complex.

Spoiler: Battery, Sneak
    Show
    Current Room: Test Range
    Exits To: Security Checkpoint, Hangar, Armory (hacked)

With some quick modifications and commands, Battery hacks into the lock on the armory door, which slides open with a hiss. Meanwhile, Sneak grabs a few bottles of bleach from the cart and looks at the switch labeled "Vault Manual Override 3." There are 5 small red lights above it. Other than that, there is nothing special.

Battery successfully hacks the door control. The door between the test range and armory is unlocked.
    Sneak obtains bleach. It can be used to clean, disinfect, or maybe poison, but it might be able to be combined with something else as well.

Spoiler: Bolt, Hound
    Show
    Current Room: Kitchen
    Exits To: Rec Lounge, Mess Hall, Food Storage

You leave the rec lounge. On the way, Bolt snatches the jump rope, a length of plastic cable about a meter long. It miiiiight be strong enough to hold a person's weight. Then you enter the kitchen. A number of drawers under the counter are labeled with different utensils. A UV dishwasher and an electric stove take up a large portion of the room, along with a sink. There's a steel table in the center which could be used for food preparation. Doors lead to the Mess Hall dead ahead and the Food Storage to the right.
    Last edited by bc56; 2020-09-06 at 11:03 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Test Range
    Show
    Got the door open, tell the others.

Show
    Move into Armory

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Bolt
    Spoiler: Hound
    Show
    Bolt looks around the kitchen. Might be something here, but I don't think it's worth the time to find out... I'm going onward. I figure a Mess Hall has to connect to something. Maybe lots of somethings?

He sighs.

I'll bet the others are doing what we're doing. Spreading out, checking as much as possible. That... He gestures at the Food Storage with the plastic jump rope he's coiling up in his hand. ...is probably a dead end, but it could lead to a cargo bay or service corridor or something. I'll tell you about the dead ends I find if you do the same.

He heads towards the Mess Hall.

Or you can head this way. We're going to run into something one person can't handle sooner or later, so I don't object to the company.

Spoiler: Action
    Show

Move to the Mess Hall

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Show
    "So Fairy, anything interesting in there? What's it say?"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGirl

Show
    Scrap peeks out from behind the desk where she'd ducked for cover from the turrets. "Well. This is a fine f*****g mess isn't it?" She scratches her chin, looking around at the room. "Alright. Alright. Looks like Battery's booked it, so I'll take a crack at cracking this terminal, try and stop that countdown or at least grab some useful intel. We should probably send someone into the test range and rec lounge, make sure the others haven't gotten themselves killed in there, try and organize some kind of team structure here. And yeah, Fairy, whadda those papers say? Anything useful?"

Show
    Access the computer terminal, looking for any of the following: a way to shut down the self-destruct, info about the station and its remaining security measures (and whether they can be disabled from here), info about the manual override switches.
    Last edited by zzzzzzzz414; 2020-09-09 at 07:16 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler: Bolt
    Show
    Time waits for no man, and we have to cover as much ground as possible.” Hound starts looking through the utensils, “I’ll head to food storage. We can come back here when we’re out of rooms, and if the other isn’t there we’ll look for them. If there’s more than one door in the next room, we’ll do as the hero Theseus did and mark the door we took.

Show
    Grab as many utensils as I can and move to food storage.
    Last edited by flyinglemur; 2020-09-08 at 07:10 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Aurora

Spoiler: Message @ Security Checkpoint
    Show
    Shrugging,
    Aurora says, "We don't have much time. And we don't know which way it will be to the prototype either... guess I'll see what's going on in the test range and make sure everyone is okay. If it's a dead end I will be back shortly."

Show
    Moving to test range.

9. - Top - End - #39

Show

"Yeah, this is ridiculous", Sidewinder says as he goes around the desk. "Here, lets check the terminal out. We need to know how to disable the self destruct."

Casually, Sidewinder reaches into his pocket and grab an operational communication device. "Aurora, take this and keep in contact with us."

Show

Give Aurora a functional communication device.
    Check out the terminal and see if he can access it. He intends to get as much information out as possible.
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

Favorite Merc Maxims

2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Sneak

Spoiler: Test Range
    Show
    "I'm not gokng back into that room without a gun, knives are not meant for taking down giant turrets. Besides going off alone is asking for trouble. We can go through the armory through the other side to the security checkpoint. Preferably more equipped to take out turrets.

Show
    Enter Armory.
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Aurora

Spoiler: Talking @ Security Checkpoint
    Show
    "Sure," Aurora says nodding.
    "Which of you has the other working one?"

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Aurora

Spoiler: Talking @ Security Checkpoint
    Show
    "Sure," Aurora says nodding.
    "Which of you has the other working one?"
    Show

"I have the other one. We need the hacker back asap."
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

Favorite Merc Maxims

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Fairy

Show
    "It says that the sealed vault can be opened by triggering manual override switches located in this station. There can't be too many rooms in a station like this. If Aurora is going to the Test Range, I'll check out the Rec Lounge. My communicator doesn't work, so I'll return here to inform you. If I don't, well... there's something very interesting, urgent or deadly."

Show
    Move to Rec Lounge (keeping documents)

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGirl

Scrap

Show
    "Sounds like a plan. I'll stay here and get what I can from this console, maybe try and get that armory door open. Aw, look at us, being a functional team and everything! Maybe we're not gonna perish in a fiery explosion after all." She continues fiddling with the terminal. "Does it say where those switches are? Or at least how many we gotta find?"
    Last edited by zzzzzzzz414; 2020-09-08 at 07:55 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Turn 5

Spoiler: Chain, Doc, Scrap, Sidewinder
    Show
    Exits To: Rec Lounge, Test Range, Armory (locked)

Scrap gets to the terminal first, and Sidewinder watches over her shoulder as she searches the computer for information.
    Spoiler: Scrap, Sidewinder
    Show
    The self-destruct system is airgapped from the rest of the station to avoid being hacked. Its console is somewhere near the station's reactor. The Vault can be reached through the Robotics Lab, and is sealed with a high-tech lock that requires 5 manual override switches scattered throughout the station to be activated.

Scrap successfully hacks into the terminal.
    Sidewinder fails to hack the terminal, but can watch what Scrap does.

Show
    Current Room: Rec Lounge
    Exits To: Security Checkpoint, Kitchen.

You find yourself in the station's recreation and exercise lounge. A number of heavy weights are scattered across one section of the room, while in the other, a sofa faces a large screen, perfect for watching movies or playing video games. In addition, a door stands across the way, leading to the Kitchen.

Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

You enter the Test Range. A row of vaguely human shaped targets stands on one end of the room, and there's a line where you're presumably supposed to stand. A janitorial cart stands off to one side, but it appears to be picked clean of usable supplies. Furthermore, there's a large switch located on the exterior wall, with 5 small red lights above it. It's labeled, "Vault Manual Control 3." Lastly, there are two other doors, one leading to the Armory to the left, hanging open, the lock cut open and rewired, and one leading to the Hangar, directly across the room.

Show
    Current Room: Mess Hall
    Exits To: Kitchen, Hydroponics Bay, Barracks

You leave the kitchen and head into the mess hall. The room is dominated by long tables and benches where the inhabitants of the station would have eaten. On one wall is a bulletin board with a few notes on it. There are doors across the room to the barracks and to the right leading to the hydroponics bay. As you enter, a turret descends from the ceiling and begins locking on to you. As before, you don't have long before it opens fire.

Show
    Current Room: Food Storage
    Exits To: Kitchen, Hydroponics Bay

You enter the food storage. Shelves of freeze-dried blocks of food and bags of vegetables are along every wall. The corner of a piece of paper pokes out from behind one such shelf. There's a door to your left, leading to the hydroponics bay.

Show
    Current Room: Armory
    Exits To: Security Checkpoint, Robotics Lab, Test Range.

You enter the armory through the hacked door. It is, as expected, stocked with weapons and armor. There are 3 suits of heavy body armor, 3 pistols, and 1 Armor Piercing rifle. In addition, a door to the left leads to the Security Checkpoint, and one to the right leads to the Robotics Lab. The doors are not locked from this side.

Turns until self-destruct: 16
    Last edited by bc56; 2020-09-09 at 11:09 AM.

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #46

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Character Sheet
    Show
    Codename: Battery
    Skills: Baton +1, Perception +1, Hacking +2, Maintenance +2, Explosives +1, Stealth +1
    Equipment: Baton, Heavy Body Armor, Non-functional Communicator, Handheld Laser Cutter, Toolbox, Mechanic
    Role: Mechanic
    Description (optional): A short man with dark brown hair, he constantly checks his equipment, making sure everything works smoothly. He talks very little, heavily focused on his work.

Spoiler: Sneak
    Show
    I think we should split up now, I’ll go to the hangar and you head to robotics, I think we should leave the rifle for someone trained.

Show
    Grab a Pistol and Heavy Body Armor, open the door to the Security Office
    Last edited by PartyOfRogues; 2020-09-11 at 02:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Direct Message to Sidewinder
    Show
    "Sidewinder, can't see the others yet, but I think they might have moved on to the armory here. There's another entrance to that, and it looks like the lock here's been cut and disabled. There's also an exit to the hangar from here. Oh! And there's a manual override switch! Number three. Ask the other gal, do I just flip it now, or...?"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Show
    Go to test range.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Bolt

Show

Head for the Barracks as fast as possible. Would like to glance at the bulletin board, but only if it doesn't slow me down.

20. - Top - End - #50

Sidewinder

Spoiler: To Aurora
    Show

"Thank you for the update, Aurora. Get with the other team first and have them open and secure all doors as soon as possible.

"The Bad News is that the self destruct is air gapped from the rest of the station. It is located at the reactor, so we need to find that first and stop the timer.

"The Good news is that there are only five overrides. Finding number 3 is good, just need to find the rest. I would hazard we might have to disable them one by one.

"I will head into the Rec area once we find out what can be done at the terminal."

Show

Listening to Aurora, Sidewinder speak into the comms. "Thank you for the update, Aurora. Get with the other team first and have them open and secure all doors as soon as possible.

"The Bad News is that the self destruct is air gapped from the rest of the station. It is located at the reactor, so we need to find that first and stop the timer.

"The Good news is that there are only five overrides. Finding number 3 is good, just need to find the rest. I would hazard we might have to disable them one by one.

"I will head into the Rec area once we find out what can be done at the terminal."

Turning to Scrap, Sidewinder nods at the terminal. "Is there a map to the reactor? Is there any way to turn off the turrets? Can we get a map to the station? Where are the switches?"

Favorite Merc Maxims

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

[Aurora]

Spoiler: To Sidewinder
    Show
    "Roger. I think they went into the armory, so I'll head there."

Show
    Aurora flips the override switch off (wait, no, to "on"? Let's make the override ON), then moves to the armory.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-09-11 at 04:25 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler: Action:
    Show
    Grab that paper, and then go to hydroponics if I can move in the same turn as I do that. If I can't, then I just grab the paper.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Show
    Inspect documents to find out locations of switches, go to kitchen
    Last edited by Corona; 2020-09-11 at 07:59 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Sneak

Spoiler: Armory
    Show
    Sneak grings as he sees the armoe and guns. He quickly starts to put on the armor and nods along with Battery "Works for me. I'm just happy to have something to help against any turrets that pop out."

Show
    Take and equip 1 Heavy Body Armor and 1 Pistol
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGirl

[Scrap]

Show
    Scrap shakes her head at Sidewinder's questions. "Nothing like that I could find, all I've got in terms of location is that the Vault is connected to the Robotics Lab, so tell Aurora's group to keep an eye out for that at least. But if there's a more detailed map, I can't access it, not easily anyway. I could take another crack at searching for one, but it'd probably be a waste of time, and we don't have a hell of a lot of that to waste. I'm gonna try and get this armory door open, but if that doesn't work, we need to move on. By my count we've only got about 20 minutes to find that reactor." She begins fiddling with the terminal again.

Show
    Use the terminal to try and open the locked armory door, or, failing that, figure out where it could be opened from. If there is time, try to find a map of the station and/or the locations of the override switches.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Turn 6 Begin

Spoiler: Scrap, Sidewinder
    Show
    Exits To: Rec Lounge, Test Range, Armory

Scrap decrypts a couple files and discovers the locations of the switches. They are in the Test Range, Barracks, Robotics Lab, Kitchen, and Engineering Bay. She starts to hack the door to the armory open, but it opens on its own as Battery activates it from the other side.

Scrap successfully hacks information out of the computer.

Show
    Exits To: Security Checkpoint, Test Range, Robotics Lab
    You both grab heavy body armor and pistols. Sneak takes the time to put it on, while Battery opens the door to the Security Checkpoint. As you're doing this, Aurora enters the room from the Test Range.

Sneak equips Heavy Body Armor and takes Pistol.
    Battery takes Heavy Body Armor and Pistol, but will need to spend a turn putting the armor on.

Spoiler: Aurora
    Show
    Exits To: Security Checkpoint, Test Range, Robotics Lab

You flip the switch, and the center light turns green. Then, you enter the armory to see two of your fellow agents, Battery and Sneak, grabbing weapons and armor from the racks in this room. They each are grabbing a pistol and a suit of heavy armor. There's one pistol, one suit of Heavy Body Armor, and one Armor Piercing rifle left in the room.

Show
    Current Room: Barracks
    Exits To: Mess Hall, Hydroponics Bay, Storage, Auxiliary Airlock, Generator Room (locked)

You rush past the turret without enough time to read the bulletins. Before it can open fire, you've slipped past it. You're now in the barracks, which has a number of cots arranged in neet rows, lumpy uneven posters on the walls, and a lot of doors. There's a door to the left leading to the auxiliary airlock, two to the right to the hydroponics bay and the generator room, and one on the other side of the room to the storage.

Show
    Current Room: Food Storage
    Exits To: Kitchen, Hydroponics Bay

It takes you longer than expected to get that paper out from behind piles of soup cans. But once you have it, you can read it easily. It's a short note. "REMINDER: The Override Switch is in the cupboard below the sink."

Spoiler: Chain
    Show

You enter the test range. A number of human-shaped targets are lined up against one wall. There's a janitorial cart in a corner, but it looks like it's been picked clean already. There's a switch on the wall, labeled "Vault Manual Control 3" There are 5 lights above it, 4 red, and the middle one green. The door across the room leads to the Hangar, and one to the left leads to the Armory. Normally, it would be sealed by a keycard locks but someone has tampered with it so that it hangs open instead.

Show
    Current Room: Kitchen
    Exits To: Rec Lounge, Food Storage, Mess Hall

You enter the kitchen. There are a number of cabinets and cupboards here, each labeled with their contents, a sink and a metal table for preparing food. Doors lead right to the Food Storage and across to the Mess Hall.

Turns until self-destruct: 15

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Aurora

Spoiler: Talking in Armory
    Show
    "Hey! You two been in the hangar yet? We need to find five override switches and flip them on."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Bolt

Show

Bolt walks through the barracks to the generator room door, and crouches next to it, frowning. He runs his hands carefully over the lock and frame, trying to work out the quickest way in.

If I can quickly unlock the door with my tools, do so, otherwise, just blow up the lock.

Please note Bolt also has skills with traps, so should be able to recognise a hastily rigged one if he sees it.
    Last edited by Togo; 2020-09-13 at 06:21 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Character Sheet
    Show
    Codename: Battery
    Skills: Baton +1, Perception +1, Hacking +2, Maintenance +2, Explosives +1, Stealth +1
    Equipment: Baton, Heavy Body Armor, Light Body Armor(e), Non-functional Communicator, Handheld Laser Cutter, Toolbox, Mechanic
    Role: Mechanic
    Description (optional): A short man with dark brown hair, he constantly checks his equipment, making sure everything works smoothly. He talks very little, heavily focused on his work.

Spoiler: Armory
    Show
    Yeah, there’s a switch in the test range, I’m heading back there now to get to the hangar.

Show
    Go to Test Range and flip the switch.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Talking @ Armory
    Show
    Aurora says, thumbing behind her, "I already flipped that switch. Got to make sure they're all green. What about the robotics lab? Have any of you been in there yet?"