Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Help a non-programmer install GPT-2 (and its prerequisites)

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    That, plus changing a bunch of tabs to spaces, worked. I got it working shortly after you posted it.

One more question. Is there any way to make it automatically log output text to a file? I recently lost some outputs because I forgot to copy and paste before closing the program.
    The line that says 'print(text)' is where the outputs are being generated. So you could instead write that to a file, like (at the same indent level where print is):

Code:
    f = open("output.log","a")
    f.write(text)
    f.close()
    Or if you're running this from a console, you can add '> output.log' to print to a file rather than printing to the console. Like 'python whatever_program_file.py arg1 arg2 arg3 > output.log' where whatever_program_file.py is the name of this code file, and the arg1 arg2 arg3 are whatever and however many command-line arguments you're currently using.
    Last edited by NichG; 2020-10-14 at 06:18 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Help a non-programmer install GPT-2 (and its prerequisites)

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    Additionally, is there any way to use a saved model older than the latest one? The checkpoint file doesn't seem to spawn copies when the training program autosaves the way the other files do.
    I figured this one out btw. It can be opened with notepad and apparently it just points the program to the correct name for the data file, so if it said something like:

Code:
    model_checkpoint_path: "model-221"
    all_model_checkpoint_paths: "model-210"
    all_model_checkpoint_paths: "model-221"
    and you were using an earlier model file you would just change the "221" there to the correct number
    Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

If we shadows have offended, think but this, and all is mended. That you have but slumbered here, while these visions did appear, and this weak and idle theme, no more yielding but a dream. -Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 5, Scene 1