Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (IC III) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

If Karl doesn’t say anything, Anna will suggest Gabe hang out with Fred while Aisling is delivering her news.
    (OOC: I'm just going to assume this happens for the sake of keeping things going)

Gabe looks up at the stairwell, then back at Anna giving her a face that says "you gotta be kidding me". He gives Anna a nod in the negative then before she can reply says, "It's... I'll just go make a phone call or something." He saunters off towards the front room of the main floor, the open area that had once been some form of store front.

“You can fix this room up Fred, we’ll get you some different sheets and whatnot.”
    "Oh, it's okay," Fred replies, doing his best to politely keep a stiff upper lip; though his expression turns sour as he gives the room another once over. He quickly flashes another attempt at a grin and adds, "I'm sure this room will feel like home in no time."

ith Aisling, Anna also took a seat on one of the throw pillows.

“Go on,” she said.
    "Gabrielle is in a bad way," Aisling says shaking her head, "I think she needs blood bad. It's probably only another night or two before she does something really stupid. Fortunately, she's stayed holed up in that apartment of hers." Aisling pauses to let the warning set in, her gaze moving from Anna to Karl. She continues, "But there is something else." Aisling's voice trails off here, and despite the flat affect of her voice, it is clear that she is hesitating. "I... am going to be leaving San Francisco.... at least for a little bit. I appreciate everything you two have done for me, and I am proud to be part of our Coterie, but Mother Blackstar is making it impossible for me to stay. I have an offer to join a coven up in Tahoe, and at least for a little bit, I think it's best if I go. I... wish to bring Bernardo... and if you want, I can take Gabrielle as well." Aisling pauses for a moment then adds, "I think it's a fair trade."
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Anna narrowed her eyes.

“Mother Blackstar? What did she do?” Anna asked.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #423

SamuraiGuy

Aisling clucks her tongue against a fang and replies, "She didn't really do anything... but she's in charge and she doesn't like me. I'm so happy to have found The Circle, and most of the other Acolytes are quiet pleasant to be around. Even Indra is starting to be tolerable believe it or not." If Aisling were mortal, perhaps she would have sighed here, but instead she just pauses. "There's more too it than that too," she adds hesitantly, "The head of The Circle in Tahoe is supposed to an old Irish Kindred. She may be able to... well to help me with the diary." There is a certain amount of desperation in Aisling's voice as she says this last bit, and it's clear she is not going to be fully dissuaded.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

To Fred Karl states, "I do apologize for the accommodations. One way or another, this will only be temporary."

Downstairs, Karl listens to Aisling's explanation calmly, "I see. If that is what you need to do, then I will not stand in your way. As to Bernardo, he is deeply attached to you, I suspect that if we tried to keep him it would not turn out well."

"Regarding Gabrielle, to be blunt she was never particularly useful, even less so after the death of her master. And now she's becoming a liability. If you think you can salvage that particular wreck, by all means take her. If not we need to make other plans."

He starts tapping his fingers as he continues, "Regardless of what we do with her, that leaves us fresh out of ghouls. I could ask Fred to handle some daytime tasks, but only some. We will need to find suitable replacements and fairly quickly."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2021-04-18 at 03:51 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    To Fred Karl states, "I do apologize for the accommodations. One way or another, this will only be temporary."

Downstairs, Karl listens to Aisling's explanation calmly, "I see. If that is what you need to do, then I will not stand in your way. As to Bernardo, he is deeply attached to you, I suspect that if we tried to keep him it would not turn out well."

"Regarding Gabrielle, to be blunt she was never particularly useful, even less so after the death of her master. And now she's becoming a liability. If you think you can salvage that particular wreck, by all means take her. If not we need to make other plans."

He starts tapping his fingers as he continues, "Regardless of what we do with her, that leaves us fresh out of ghouls. I could ask Fred to handle some daytime tasks, but only some. We will need to find suitable replacements and fairly quickly."
    "My ghoul is out of commission for a while," Anna said, "I guess I could be more proactive getting her back in line."
    She frowned.
    "Though I really would prefer it if she reached out to me on her own," she added.

"Then again I really should start putting together a ghoul staff for the hospital," Anna said, "I guess I can start doing that now, find someone who's dying of cancer and make them a deal..."

"Should we talk to Gabrielle first, ask her what she wants to do?" Anna asked.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2021-04-18 at 11:56 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #426

SamuraiGuy

To Anna's question Aisling just shrugs, a grin spreading on her face. "Gabrielle is in a bad way," she says without a hint of empathy, "she looks like some of the vagabonds I've seen in the street. She's in no position to talk. I think she'd accept any deal from anyone offering the cursed blood, no matter what they expected of her... but I can take her off your hands."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    To Anna's question Aisling just shrugs, a grin spreading on her face. "Gabrielle is in a bad way," she says without a hint of empathy, "she looks like some of the vagabonds I've seen in the street. She's in no position to talk. I think she'd accept any deal from anyone offering the cursed blood, no matter what they expected of her... but I can take her off your hands."
    Anna Wu

"We do need a ghoul though," Anna said, "what do you think Karl, is Gabrielle a lost cause, more trouble than she's worth, or do you think she's salvageable?"
    TC for short

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl shrugs at the question, "I think this could turn her into something of a blank slate. Break her of the childish behavior and mold her into something more useful. But that would take a fair bit of effort, and would beg the question of whether or not she has any talents behind it all that are worth that effort. I'd like to think that Estella saw some potential in her, but if so I have not seen it for myself."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Karl shrugs at the question, "I think this could turn her into something of a blank slate. Break her of the childish behavior and mold her into something more useful. But that would take a fair bit of effort, and would beg the question of whether or not she has any talents behind it all that are worth that effort. I'd like to think that Estella saw some potential in her, but if so I have not seen it for myself."
    Anna Wu

"Actually I don't think Estella saw anything particularly useful in her either," Anna said, "I think she just wanted a plaything. Honestly Aisling if you don't take her I'm probably going to end up killing her. Better convince her to go with you."
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #430

SamuraiGuy

Aisling's grin spreads, but rather than creating an expression of warmth, there is a shark-like predatory satisfaction. "I'm glad you see it my way," Aisling purrs, "and I'm sure I can find a... use for the girl beyond simply her demise." She runs her small pink tongue across her fangs quickly before Aisling's face goes flat and cold. All business she says, "I will make my arrangements and... will be ready to leave in the next few nights. I greatly appreciate your understanding in all of this."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

"It's okay, I just wish we knew what an issue you were having, maybe we could have dealt with Mother Blackstar earlier," she said, "let us know if you need anything before you go."
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #432

SamuraiGuy

"I'm not trying to hide anything," Aisling says defiantly, almost angrily. She forces herself to pull back her rage, not letting her fangs come to bare. Once settled Aisling continues, "It's just more of the same. No more attacks, and again Indra has been easier to handle. But Mother Blackstar will do anything she can to make me look bad, or hold me back within the covenant. I think I scare her, since she woke me and I won't be her tool. I... I want to learn the ways of The Dark Mother. I believe in what The Circle has to offer, and I think it can help me make sense of my Sire's journal, but I won't be able to get very far with her watching my every move and targeting me politically. I would have her dead if I could, but I don't think I would have the means for that."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

“Yeah, probably best to get away, get a fresh start,” Anna said.

“Do you want me to go with you to get Gabrielle?” she asked.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl nods, "It is unfortunate, but if you're not in a position to deal with her changing the dynamic is your best bet. Leaving to consolidate knowledge and power is a smart move. We will regret your absence in the meantime, you have been a worthy companion."

15. - Top - End - #435

SamuraiGuy

"Thank you Anna, but I think I can handle it," Aisling replies flatly. She shrugs and adds, "She needs blood, and I'm willing to give it to her. I think at this point she's so addicted she'll be willing to do anything." This is said without a hint of remorse or pity, as if Aisling were saying that her hair were black.

After a moments pause, Aisling smiles and says, "That was really all I wanted to discuss. Again, I apologize for leaving you like this with everything going on... but you know, I have to do what is best for me and all. And I'm sure I'll be back one night."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Anna nodded.

“Good luck Aisling,” she said, “is there anything else you’d like to do before you go?”
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #437

SamuraiGuy

Aisling purrs, "Thank you Anna." She pauses for a moment to think, then replies, "Well... I'll have a ride... I have some clothing.... I don't know, is there anything I will need? Maybe some warm clothing for Bernardo? I hear it can get pretty cold up in Tahoe." She shrugs again as if to say she can't think of anything else.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Has this circle arranged for a place to stay and other resources? Can't have you just wandering the streets."

19. - Top - End - #439

SamuraiGuy

"It's been taken care of," Aisling says with a nod, "Alejandro has been helping me get everything set up. It is so amazing what you can get done with technology these days. He's been able to coordinate everything via his phone and The Pulse!" She sounds genuinely impressed as she says this.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    "It's been taken care of," Aisling says with a nod, "Alejandro has been helping me get everything set up. It is so amazing what you can get done with technology these days. He's been able to coordinate everything via his phone and The Pulse!" She sounds genuinely impressed as she says this.
    "We'll be able to keep in touch with each other too," Anna said, "good luck, I guess this is goodbye, for now."

She paused.

"You can hug me if you want," she added.
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #441

SamuraiGuy

Aisling looks uncomfortable at first at the offer, but after a moment's hesitation, steps forward and throws her arms around Anna. It is one cold dead corpse pressed against another, absent of both physical and emotional warmth. After a brief hug, Aisling releases Anna and turns to Karl an uncomfortable questioning look on his face as she waits to see if he too would like a hug.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl blinks, then states, "If you wish it, but that's all right. I do wish you well in your future endeavors Aisling. You have been a worthy companion."

23. - Top - End - #443

SamuraiGuy

With Karl's permission, Aisling comes in for a hug; the same cold dead on dead flesh. "I'll be back," she says, though it almost sounds like Aisling is trying to convince herself. After releasing Karl, she gives the two an attempt at a grin and then saunters out of the room to begin packing. Over her shoulder Aisling adds, "Don't you worry, I'll take care of Gabrielle tonight. We'll plan on leaving first thing tomorrow if that is okay."

(OOC: Unless you wish to reply, Daishain up to you as to what you want to do next)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2021-05-01 at 01:18 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl nods, then looks to Anna, "I don't know what you had in mind for the rest of the night, but is there any chance you could start to get rid of the body in the basement while I speak with my grandson? I would rather introduce Fred to things a little more slowly than what would happen if he stumbled over that."

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Karl nods, then looks to Anna, "I don't know what you had in mind for the rest of the night, but is there any chance you could start to get rid of the body in the basement while I speak with my grandson? I would rather introduce Fred to things a little more slowly than what would happen if he stumbled over that."
    Anna Wu

Anna nodded.

“How did you want to get rid of it?” Anna asked, “and I don’t think I can move it by myself, at least not easily. Do you think Gabe is up to helping?”
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl nods, "Especially since it was his kill. Gabe should get used to disposing of these things. He already knows my usual methods so he'll be able to help with more than just hauling."

"As to the method, dumping at sea is probably our best bet given the short notice. Get Gabe to help you find a boat that you can take unnoticed. Pick up some cheap chicken wire at a store along the way and wrap the body in that along with some rocks. It'll weigh the body down without preventing the fish from tearing it apart in a hurry, before long the wire will dissolve too. Leaving no evidence other than a few scattered bones."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2021-05-09 at 08:16 AM.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Alright, I’ll go get him and then we’ll pick up supplies and get rid of it,” Anna said.

She hated this sort of work but Karl had come through for her in the past so it was really just sort of returning a favor.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #448

SamuraiGuy

Karl and Anna begin to step out of the room; Karl to go speak to his grandson, and Anna to to go find Karl's childe. But they are momentarily interrupted when both of their phones buzz near simultaneously. A quick check shows that they have both received a Pulse message from the same Jae Ho Park, a vampire of the Lancea Sanctum. Aisling is also on the conversation. The message reads, "Hounds to Prince D'Agostino, would you be available to meet in the next few nights? I represent a party who wishes to have a discussion."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

“I can meet anytime later in the evening, let’s try to do this tomorrow or the night after,” Anna said to Karl, “unless there’s a reason we should delay further.”
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Agreed, tomorrow would be better, not least because we should try and determine if there is going to be some sort of problem. This individual may be trying to use or trap us somehow. Or they may be offering an opportunity, it is difficult to say."