New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC III) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

While Karl is busy with the pile of ash, Anna made a small circuit, looking for any other bits of evidence that might be of interest, then she stretched out her senses, augmented by the Beast, to see if she could determine if anyone was currently observing them...

Spoiler
    Show
    physical evidence:
    int + investigation (4d10)[8][2][1][8](19)
    10 again: (4d10)[3][9][8][10](30)

And yeah, I was thinking the old vampire the masquerade auspex 1 ability, will use the correct ability now.

Ask the Beast if there are any unseen observers: auspex 1: wits + empathy + auspex: (5d10)[5][10][9][2][8](34)
    10 again: (5d10)[4][9][3][10][4](30)
    clash of wills (if necessary i.e. to pierce obfuscate): (2d10)[9][9](18)
    10 again: (2d10)[4][4](8)
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2021-09-15 at 08:22 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

For a moment Karl's thoughts are filled with a low insolent growl. Then a single face appears, a Kindred with a skeletal and bald diamond shaped face. Only a Nosferatu could have such features; bulbous black orbs for eyes, a punched in nose with slits for nostrils, and a wide lipless mouth. Karl had only known him peripherally, but it was the visage of Snake, grinning mirthfully to reveal a needle filled maw. But as the image finishes crystalizing, Snake's countenance begins to darken, then crack, then turn to ash.

Perhaps Karl had been mislead, or perhaps The Beast was being insolent, or perhaps even Karl is distracted by Anna's mucking, but with this the vision fades, and Karl's senses return to the bridge.

Meanwhile, Anna makes a quick circuit up and down the walkway on the bridge. She gets partway down the length of pavement when a small blackened bone catches her eye. The charred piece of skeleton is wedged between the concrete and the fence. Someone not paying attention might mistake it for a casually discarded chicken bone, but closer inspection makes it clear that it is a human phalange.

Pocketing the bone, Anna too engages her Discipline of Auspex. Searching for any possible onlooker, she can hear The Beast growl with outrage. A rat-like Nosferatu crouching in shadow, spying on Anna and Karl. The space surrounding the intruder are nothing but shadow, but she and Karl are definitely being watched. The Beast continues to growl like a wolf protecting it's den.

Ivy raises a challenging eye, and replies, "What? No. I'm just smart enough to know not to go hunting in another Covenant's territory. The Rabble may not carry The Dark Mother's fury or powers, but they would still hang us up by our asses if they caught us hunting in their neighborhood."

Ivy takes the lead into the dingy bar. As Rachel holds the door open, skull splitting hip hop thunders onto the street. Inside the bar is dark; dark purple carpet looks like black tar under failing fluorescent lights. The walls are literally covered from floor to ceiling in tags and show stickers.

At Rachel's check, there are no Kindred in the bar, only a handful of dirty looking patrons and an equally unhealthy looking female bartender. Ivy gives Rachel a dubious glare, before finding a small table in the corner of the bar. "Quiet the feast," he says sarcastically once Rachel has sat down across from him.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna's first instinct was to drive off whoever was watching them, but then she remembered Karl's words earlier. She stowed the piece of bone and walked back to him to wait for him to finish.

Once it looked like he was done, she nodded to him.

"Someone else is watching us," she whispered, "seems like a nosferatu wrapped in obfuscate."
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Ivy raises a challenging eye, and replies, "What? No. I'm just smart enough to know not to go hunting in another Covenant's territory. The Rabble may not carry The Dark Mother's fury or powers, but they would still hang us up by our asses if they caught us hunting in their neighborhood."
    'Perhaps you're right. But in that case why come to this part of town at all? Would be a shame for there to be any misunderstandings with the locals.' Rachel replies lightly. 'Forgive me for being curious.'

The bar was dirty but it reminded Rachel a little of a student pub she used to visit back home. 'I think feasting is usually frowned upon. But don't tell me you haven't had worse when you you needed it enough.' She'll scan the bar for any patron who was obviously by themselves. 'Or if you want we could always call this a starter? I'd say me being here might make it faster if you don't feel like putting the effort into it.' Rachel will maintain eye contact with Ivy and smile. Presumably her Dominate was implicit here.

Spoiler
    Show

Going to see if he answers the first question. Otherwise I'll just ask him if he was following her.

Manipulation 3 + Persuasion 3 to dangle the possibility of easy blood over him. Ideally I want to talk him into being honest about what he's doing here.
    (6d10)[1][10][10][7][7][6](41)
    Any 10s
    (6d10)[7][3][5][1][6][10](32)

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As if on cue when Anna mentions being watched, both of the two Hounds' cellphones buzz. It appears the two have received a joint Pulse message from Alejandro, the Crone friend of Aisling. If either bother to read the message, it reads, "Wanted to know if you had a moment in the next few nights. Maybe tomorrow??? Have a business proposition if you are interested."

'Perhaps you're right. But in that case why come to this part of town at all? Would be a shame for there to be any misunderstandings with the locals.' Rachel replies lightly. 'Forgive me for being curious.'
    Rachel's question brings a familiar spiteful grin on the man's face. Ivy pauses for a moment, inhales, then says, "Rachel, look... no one is in trouble here, but I was asked to follow you here." He let's the statement hang there, waiting to let Rachel ask the obvious questions, seeming to enjoy the moment of power.

(OOC: Save the second part of your post and the roll.. which was two successes)
    Show

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ettin in the Playground

The admission was irritating although not especially surprising given the way Ivy had been behaving. 'Ivy, I had no idea you liked to hire yourself out like that. You would think you might have better things to do with your time.' Rachel wasn't quite willing to let him has his moment. 'So... you see anything interesting? Come to that, if you were sent to follow me why bother showing yourself at all?'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Judging how close Ivy is to Alejandro

Intellegence 3 + Politics 2
    (5d10)[6][8][8][7][8](37)
    Any 10s
    (5d10)[10][2][5][7][1](25)

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl hesitates for a moment before whispering back, "Let's find out who it is, trace them back a bit. I'll head for the car as if retrieving something. He'll have to pick one of us to keep an eye on. The other can obfuscate and slip up behind for an ID."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    Karl hesitates for a moment before whispering back, "Let's find out who it is, trace them back a bit. I'll head for the car as if retrieving something. He'll have to pick one of us to keep an eye on. The other can obfuscate and slip up behind for an ID."
    "My obfuscate isn't that good, so it'll have to be you who slips up behind," Anna whispered, "Also, I found a bone that we should probably inspect, once we're back in safe territory."
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rachel's admonishment only seems to broaden Ivy's smirk. "Hire myself out?" he chuckles, "please. It is not my loyalty in question here," Again, Ivy pauses here, enjoying watching his quarry struggle to understand his meaning. Still grinning like a bastard, Ivy reaches a hand across the table, placing it on Rachel's like a caring friend and says, "Rachel, I think you have to be a little smarter about who you make friends with." Again he pauses. "I saw you on the roof with Alejandro... though I couldn't hear everything," he says in reply. Still with his hand on Rachel's Ivy continues, "Look, I have nothing against you, but things are... divided in The Circle right now after Gorman's demise; probably like that in every covenant right now. You have to be smart. Let me help you out," he says, becoming more and more serious, "I don't want to get you in trouble. I was actually following Alejandro. Look, if you tell me what he was talking to you about, and swear you aren't working for him, I'm sure I can keep you in The Primogen's good graces."

So Ivy was working for the Primogen Mother Blackstar, and had caught her talking to her rival in Alejandro, and that's what this was about!

(OOC: So it sounds like Anna is going to try to draw the Nosferatu out, while Karl slips into the shadows and ambushes? How is Anna going to draw the Nosferatu's attention?)
    Show

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel had assumed something else entirely here and will suppress the urge to laugh. This she could probably handle. It was awkward that Ivy knew this much but something like this happening was to be expected. She'll lean forward and adjust herself to hold Ivy's hand. 'Well thank you for your concern. I was unaware that things have already progressed that far. I am of course grateful to Mother Blackstar for allowing me into the San Francisco circle. The journey here was unpleasant.' Rachel wasn't entirely lying here but reflected that a Primogen who wasn't able to defend their position by definition didn't deserve to hold it.

'As for Alejandro. He's cute.' Rachel will look Ivy in the eye and give a little smile. 'Generally I don't trust Daevas as far as I can throw them, but sometimes I get bored and he's certainly ...interesting.' It was easy to remember how Alejandro's Majesty had felt and Rachel will put all that into her voice. 'Anyway, he claimed to be worried about my relative isolation. Considering recent events he may have a point, but in any case he had to leave. If he's trying to recruit me he's being awfully subtle about it.'

Spoiler
    Show

Trying to convincely leave out some details

Manipulation 3 + Subterfuge 2 + Subterfuge (Misdirection speciality) 1 + Striking Looks (Subterfuge) 1
    (7d10)[1][10][9][2][3][10][1](36)
    Any 10s
    (7d10)[2][10][9][5][5][6][7](44)

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

Anna focuses on where here Beast is continuing to growl, searching for the location of the hidden observer. She trusted Karl to do what was necessary as she peered into shadows and explored likely hiding spots.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

A slight shock momentarily crosses Ivy's face, when Rachel adjusts her hand to grasp his, and his eyes dart down to their dueling grips. But Ivy's eyes stay locked on Rachel's face as she speaks; studying her, looking for some tell or hint that she might be lying. This scrutiny continues for a long moment after she finishes talking, then finally Ivy replies, "That's all he was talking to you about? Very well then. And... well I'm glad you recognize where your allegiances should be. I mean no disrespect to our brother Alejandro, but he acts only out of his own interest, not considering what a schism might do to our Covenant. And he's only gotten bolder since Prince D'Agostino came to power." Ivy pauses for a moment here, then pulls his hand back and places it in his lap under the table. Then he says, "Well, apologies for stalking you. Just doing my job. Anyways, were you serious about the hunt, because I could go for a bite." He gives Rachel a smirk before turning to look around the room, clearly scanning for a possible mark.

(OOC: After applying Ivy's Composure for defense, Rachel still gets two successes)

Anna begins to scan the bridge, her eyes moving across the walkway, fighting with the obscuring fog. In the back of her skull, The Beast continues to growl protectively, and Anna can feel the muscles of her cheeks pulling back into a grimace. Anna's gaze finds nothing at first, moving all the way to the stairwell entrance by which she hand Karl had arrived. But then a figure begins to materialize, a hunched silhouette standing at the stairwell, seemingly watching her and Karl.

(OOC: 2 successes each, tie goes to the runner/player character.)

But when Anna's focus falls on the Nosferatu, their eyes meet; two yellow orbs like that of a dog in headlights stare back at Anna. Then suddenly, the vampire turns and begins fleeing down the stairs!

Spoiler: OOC: All
    Show
    @Daishain: Karl has been using his Auspex to primarily study the ashen circle, but I think given Anna's warning, he as a right to roll clash of wills as well. Please roll Auspex + blood potency. If you get two or more successes, Karl will also be able to see the Nosferatu and will be aware of it fleeing

@All: if giving chase, please roll Dex + Athletics -2 for the head start the Nosferatu has.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2021-09-21 at 02:03 PM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel will pat Ivy lightly with her other hand before letting him go. 'Well you know how I feel about politics, but the Circle remaining strong will stop the others getting the wrong kind of idea.' As she had no interest in working for Alejandro as such she considered what she had told him to be barely a lie. 'No hard feelings on the stalking. We're all friends here, but given what you've told me I wonder what else Alejandro was doing tonight?' Rachel felt that she may as well ask while Ivy was sharing.

At the mention of a hunt, 'I promised you a meal didn't I? Would you like to take the lead or shall I?' Rachel will join him in looking for a potential meal. Given Ivy's words earlier she'll ideally look for someone healthy looking, but the main thing was that they looked like they were alone.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ivy shrugs and says, "To be honest, I was actually stalking Alejandro at the end of the ritual, but... when I saw him talking to you, I figured I would likely get more answers asking you. After the two of you departed, I tried some black magic on the rooftop to try to get more answers, but had no luck. So, I decided to chase after you." He shrugs again. "To be honest," Ivy says with just a hint of embarrassment, "maybe I should have chased after Alejandro instead. Now I have no idea what else he's been up to tonight. However... maybe you could help keep an eye on him; report back to me anytime he comes to you with his schemes?"

At the mention of a hunt, 'I promised you a meal didn't I? Would you like to take the lead or shall I?' Rachel will join him in looking for a potential meal. Given Ivy's words earlier she'll ideally look for someone healthy looking, but the main thing was that they looked like they were alone
    Looking around the room, there were a couple of small groups huddled around tables, and a few mangy looking strays keeping to themselves at the bar. Ivy replies, "Well, this is apparently your haunt. It would be rude of me to take the lead." He gives Rachel a smug smile, and raises a hand in a gesture that says be my guest.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #645
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

"Wait," Anna said, just a split second before the Nosferatu bolted.

She called upon her blood to move faster than a normal eye could even see to try and catch him quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    dex + athletics + 1: (6d10)[1][3][5][2][9][2](22)
    10 again: (6d10)[7][2][8][8][4][8](37)

If she gets close enough:
    "Wait, we just want to talk," she said.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    However... maybe you could help keep an eye on him; report back to me anytime he comes to you with his schemes?"
    'If I happen to run into him I'll see what I can do. I'll leave the actual following people to you though. My abilities as a spy only go so far.'

After Ivy tells her to go for it she'll smirk and go looking for the youngest looking person in the bar. After touching them lightly on the arm, 'Excuse me, haven't I seen you around campus? Maybe in Professor's MacBride's class?' Even if they were a little old to be in college something like that usually worked as a conversation starter.

Spoiler
    Show

Have just realised that I can use level 1 Dominate without using vitae, but that's boring so it'll be plan b if I have to fall back on it.

Presence 3 + Composure 3 to make a first impression
    (6d10)[3][10][10][9][8][8](48)
    Any 10s
    (6d10)[5][10][5][2][6][2](30)

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl decides to try something and calls out after the fleeing spy, "Did you know Snake?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Both Anna and Karl were able to catch sight the Nosferatu turn and begin to flee down the stairs. Spidery limbs piston down the steps awkwardly, his footfalls on the iron muffled by the power of his Obfuscate. Both vampires called out after the fleeing Haunt, but two things seem to happen simultaneously. At the foot of the stairs the Nosferatu stops, seemingly halted in his tracks by the Karl's use of the name "Snake". At the same time, Anna almost falls upon the vampire, moving like a blur at the expense of some Vitae. Karl too gives chase, but is only at the top of the stairwell by the time Anna reaches the Haunt.

The Nosferatu stands fixated, eyes staring up at the bridge where Karl stands, a look of fear and confusion registering in his eyes right as Anna falls upon him.

(OOC: Tie goes to the player again, with everyone having bad rolls, but Anna tying the Nosferatu. Anna is down to 8 Vitae, but she is close enough to grab/grapple/strike is she so chooses)

Ivy grins at Rachel's agreement, his lips curling up just enough that she can see the point of his slightly extended fangs.

Rising from her chair, Rachel lays eyes on a disheveled looking kid a grey hoodie and dark brown cargo shorts, who almost looked asleep at the bar. His strawberry colored hair was matted and shaggy, and was the only thing visible as his forehead was pressed against the chipped wooden bar-top.

But when Rachel touches him lightly on the shoulder/arm, he immediately sits bolt-upright with surprise. Twisting around, with wide eyes and mouth agape he says, "What? Oh, wait. Um, I'm sorry, but I think you have me confused with someone else." His face was gaunt and lined, but not unhandsome, and if Rachel had to guess, he was likely in his early twenties but looked older due to a life of malnutrition and disappointment. But seeing pretty Rachel, the youth's face twists into a roughish and confident grin. From the excited puppy dog look the kid is giving her, Rachel is pretty sure she's already got him wrapped around her finger. Out of the corner of her eye, Rachel can appreciate the small and stagnant pile of drool and the empty knocked over shot left over when the boy was awoken by Rachel's touch.

(OOC: That's 6 successes. At this point unless it is absolutely ridiculous, Rachel can twist this man into doing almost anything she wants without needing further rolls)

For the last few weeks Aisling had been living with Gabrielle, Bernardo and a small coven of four other vampire Acolytes. They were all almost fledgelings, mostly outcasts, two of whom had fled from a Californian city Ailsing had never heard of, due to the local Prince's persecution of the Crone.

The small coterie were living in a wreck of a log cabin on the outskirts of Tahoe City, one of the larger communities on Lake Tahoe at the Northern most tip of California. Tahoe was a destination town, with mountains paths to ski in winter, and mountain trails and the lake to enjoy in the summer. But it being neither of those seasons, all of Tahoe was just one big ghost town.

Despite being one of the larger towns in the area, Tahoe City was too desolate this time of year for five vampires to feed from the Kine regularly. And so the coterie had worked out a frustrating system where once a week, only one of the group was allowed to feed on a human (and even then they were discouraged to kill!) while everyone else was left to forage mostly on animal blood. Even worse, Aisling had been discouraged from going out in the woods on her own. It was apparently too dangerous; though no one had ever explained why.

Even still, when Aisling had gone out hunting with the others at night, she had several times been certain that something strange... and Evil had been watching her, peeking from behind bushes, and scurrying through the tree branches. There was a reason Kindred normally kept to the city. There were things Wyrd and Wild out in the wilderness.

But Aisling was HUNGRY! Feeding on squirrels and the odd rabbit seemed unsustainable. Her bones ached and her body felt constantly too hot, like dawn was always just approaching. And so, despite her better judgement, one night just a little after midnight when the others were busy working on a talisman of warding, Aisling decided to leave the cabin and go hunting on her own, "who cares if no one else wanted to come?"

(OOC: Let's start by rolling 1d5 to determine Aisling's starting Vitae. Then give me a hunting roll of Wits + Survival)
    Show

19. - Top - End - #649
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

"It's okay," Anna said, "you're safe. It's our job to protect the Kindred of the city."

Spoiler
    Show
    presence + expression: (5d10)[3][10][3][10][7](33)
    10 again: (5d10)[8][2][5][6][4](25)

trying to convince him we're on his side, so he stops running and cooperates.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2021-09-23 at 08:30 PM.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel preferred not to feel sorry for anyone she was considering feeding on, but she'll make an exception here. If he had the money to drink at least he probably wasn't homeless. 'Seriously, you're not at San Francisco State? It's like your that guy's brother or something.' She'll pull up a stool where she could still see Ivy. 'Any chance you know your way around here? I was with a group but I got ditched. I don't know this part of town at all.'

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

While Aisling had been growing use to at least a measure of the modern comforts that San Francisco held, the conditions her in her self-imposed exile were still far more human then her time under the boughs of Ireland's forests with Gazren.

But that didn't mean she was happy. The Gangrel missed her Coterie. They hadn't known each other long, in truth, but they were a connection to a new unlife...a new purpose, and here she was hiding in squalor again.

Aisling had likely been older than all the other fledglings combined, though her time in the deathless sleep of torpor had blunted the majority of that age. Still, they were too...human still. Too many references she simply didn't understand. And they didn't have the mastery of Cruac she sought.

The hunger didn't help.

So, as she kicked off her sneakers and left them in a pile with her coat by the cabin, the Gangrel curled her bare toes in the grass and a hungry smile rose on her youthful face.

With a dash, she was off...running, careening, through the woods.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

For Vitae: [roll0]

Wits 4 +Survival 3
    [roll1]

I don't remember if you said my Hunting specialization applied to looking for blood. If it does...

[roll2]

"Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

22. - Top - End - #652
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Anna's words seem to have the desired effect, as rather than fleeing, the Nosferatu simply takes a single step back, raising his hands up. The vampire had a narrow face, emphasized by an excessive gauntness and protuberant beak nose. Tusk-like fangs protruded from his prominent overbite, and the Nosferatu's mouth was agape, eyes yellow and wide with terror. "I... I didn't mean anything," he stammers, "I don't know anything. Please don't hurt me!" Seeming to scare himself with the thought of potential violence, the vampire grimaces and raises both hands to cover his face as if expecting an oncoming beating.

Given this all, Karl would have time to descend the stairs and catch up with Anna and the Nosferatu, if he so desires.

(OOC: After factoring in composure, Anna gets two successes)

The kid take's Rachel's statement of familiarity of some form of compliment, and he grins even wider and begins blushing. In reply to her request, the boy says, "Oh yeah, sure. I know my way around and, you know, I would be happy to help." The sheepish grin switches quickly at an attempt at a warm and confident smile offered just for Rachel.

From the corner of her eye, Rachel can see Ivy watching from their table, grinning smugly with amusement.

A true Gangrel at heart, Aisling pads off through the forest. After only a few minutes, she finds her anxieties of being released from her gilded cage simply seem to melt away. What had she been so frightened of? Maybe it had simply been the fledgelings holding her back, but Aisling suddenly felt free as she darted through the forest.

It was not long before she picked up the scent of a larger animal. The odor of dander and fur, quickly led to the discovery of a four legged, pad-footed animal moving about on it's own. At first Aisling thought it might be a stray dog, but then she caught the scent of it's urine where it stopped to mark it's territory, and Aisling was not so certain.

A lone wolf would be a rare creature to find, Aisling thought, but sure enough another fifteen minutes of excitement in stalking the creatures trail, and Aisling came on what appeared to be a lone male wolf. The creature had a shaggy grey mane that was somehow colored with flecks of red that only came out just so, when its fur caught the moonlight.

The wolf was sitting in a small clearing, like a well trained hunting dog, it's head tilted to the side as Aisling through the brush, almost seeming to lock eyes with the vampire.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel notes the blush and smiles back at the man. 'Great. Well then, do you know the way to Emerald Park from here?' Rachel will name somewhere local but sufficiently far away to encourage him to help her with directions. 'I think I might be done for the night but I might get dinner or something on the way there. Come with me and I'll treat you. It's the least I can do.'

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Ssh,” Anna said, trying her best to be soothing, “nothings going to happen to you. I’m Anna, who are you?”
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

Aisling crouched low, perched atop a moss-covered log as she paused the survey the beautiful creature before her. It was remarkably calm, given her arrival. Two predators did not often meet amicably.

Slowly, with the grace and the patience of the dead, she slipped from the log and inched her way closer to the wolf, a pale hand rising in a calming gesture.

”Have I come to your domain?” She whispered in wonder, half to herself and half to the wolf.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

I’m not sure if it’s appropriate, but here’s a roll. Maybe Wits + Animal Ken?

(7d10)[10][5][4][5][6][9][10](49)

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl slows down as he catches up, approaching with a calm demeanor, "I am not a big believer in coincidences. We mean you no harm, but you are here and now, spying on us, and unless I gauge your reaction to my question poorly, you did know Snake. That makes you a person of interest. What is your purpose here?"

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The kid nods his head with a little bit of excitement. "That's that little green field out by the entrance to the Bay Bridge, right?" he says, still grinning and staring at Rachel, "That's not too far from hear. Easy fifteen minute walk, twenty at most. Yeah, I can take you there if you want. Oh, I'm Alex by the way" The mentioning of paying for his meal appears to bruise the kid's ego just a little, but he doesn't protest either. "Just give me a minute to pay my tab," Alex says. He whistles to the bartender, and then begins speaking to him in Spanish. He then proceeds to pull out a crumbled wad of singles, counting them out for the bartender, before scrounging around in his cargo shorts for some loose change, which he then counts out as well. "That should do it," Alex says to Rachel, "Do you want to close out your tab?"

“Ssh,” Anna said, trying her best to be soothing, “nothings going to happen to you. I’m Anna, who are you?”
    The Nosferatu remains silent for a moment, running his tongue across his yellowed upper teeth between the two tusks. "I'm.. I'm called Leech" he says hesitantly, stumbling a little over his words.

Karl slows down as he catches up, approaching with a calm demeanor, "I am not a big believer in coincidences. We mean you no harm, but you are here and now, spying on us, and unless I gauge your reaction to my question poorly, you did know Snake. That makes you a person of interest. What is your purpose here?"
    Leech looks nervously from Anna to Karl, and takes a cautious step back, though he raises both hands up as if show he means no harm. Then with sudden resentment and accusation, Leech blurts out, "You... you're Hounds, right?"

Though it should not be able to, the corners of the wolf's lips curl up, creating a feral imitation of a grin. It leers at Aisling like this for a long moment, head still tilted, panting, fleshy pink tongue lolling out the side of it's mouth. Then with something resembling a shrug, the wolf thing leans back into a deep "downward dog" stretch, before rising to all fours. Giving Aisling one last knowing glance, the wolf turns from Aisling and at a leisurely pace, saunters out of the clearing. If Aisling looks closer, she can see that the wolf has taken a small path through the bushes, one she had not noticed was there just a moment before.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ettin in the Playground

'That's the one.' Rachel replies brightly. 'I have a friend down there who'll let me sleep over. If she ever answers her phone anyway.' She'll roll her eyes a little to sell it before she picks a name at random. 'Hi Alex, I'm Kerry.' She'll offer him her hand while making sure it's warm enough that she doesn't feel too cold to touch. 'I think I'm all paid up.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Using Blush of Life

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"We are yes, but we are not here under orders. We are investigating a number of murders, a list which now includes Snake, and looking into those we suspect responsible." He holds up a hand, "No, we do not think you among them, but you do need to answer the questions."

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

There was something about this wolf that both frightened and intrigued Aisling. It was behaving more like the creatures of the wyld places than a normal wolf.

As it retreated, the gangrel stalked forward on bare feet. While her hunger was strong in her gut, for a moment she considered shedding her human form for that of a wolf herself before following.

Pausing at the edge of the path the wolf had passed through, Aisling cast one last furtive glance around the small clearing. Half expecting to find the fair folk tinkling with giggles and laughter. The gangrel whined, the sound more akin to beast than human.

Had she hoped for a sign of home such as that?

After the moment passed, so to did Aisling press on.