New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC III) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Anna Wu

Anna stopped still for a second when she saw her aunt and uncle, then she turned to Katie with a feeling of something that felt recognizably similar to pride.

“A good old fashioned family dinner?” Anna asked, “what a good idea, this should be fun.”

She smiled at her cousin, then led the way to the table.

“Hello uncle, auntie,” she said as she sat down, “it’s been too long, how have you been?”

Katie probably suspected there was some tension between herself and her stubborn, wayward ghoul, and through the best of intentions, had brought the two of them together. This was going to be fun.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel will find somewhere to park close to Pacific Heights. Before calling for an uber to take her the rest of the way she'll take the opportunity to do some googling on Lucy's behalf. The plastics industry was not something she'd ever expected to find herself researching but this was California wasn't it? There was probably all sorts of tech companies operating out here.

She didn't quite know where to start but there was likely to be two options. One was to go via the Invictus and see what they might want in return for doing her a favour. That might be as simple as asking Sophie directly, but until Rachel had something on Blackstar's vines she'd prefer not to owe Sophie any further. The alternative was to see if she could find someone she could manipulate without stepping on an other Kindred's toes. There was a lot she could get away with if she could find the right person to dominate, but really Lucy was asking for so very little. Only a foot in the door of the right company.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Rachel is from before Google and so doesn't have any Computers, but she can probably handle the basics

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Nothing quite like that, though there is some protocol to observe." Karl lectures Gabriel on what he needed to know. He'd mentioned much of this before, but making sure it stuck was a good idea.

He also sends a text to Anna, "I have been asked to introduce Gabriel to the prince at the same time as your meeting with him later tonight."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As Anna approaches the table, she can see that Celestine looks very unwell. Black heavy bags have burrowed under her eyes, and the flesh of her face seems to have sucked itself up into cheek and jawbones. Henry stands up from his chair as Anna approaches, a big smile on his face. "Niece," he calls her affectionately, hurrying her to the table adding, "We haven't started ordering yet. What a surprise! Katie didn't mention you were coming."

"Hello Anna," Celestine says flatly from her seat. Her eyes are cold and half mast, and it's hard for Anna to say whether it is from distaste or Vitae withdrawal. She adds coldly, "Long time no see."

Katie comes sidling up after Anna, the same nervous look at her face. "Sorry," she says, "I... I just thought it would be nice for us to have dinner all together."

Uncle Henry tells her not to apologize, clearly not picking up on the tension in the air.

Anna gets Karl's text that reads, "I have been asked to introduce Gabriel to the prince at the same time as your meeting with him later tonight."

Google searches bring up the names of a number of chemical engineering and plastic manufacturing companies. Rachel finds a few that are located within the Bay Area, but nothing beyond what would otherwise be expected. Most of the companies have "Contact Us" links for inquires about employment.

Rachel gets the biting feeling that most of what she is finding are things that Lucy could easily have found herself.

Gabe is clearly appreciative of all of the information provided by Karl. He nods his head and Karl can tell just how excited his childe is. Then he says, "Well, I guess I can dress up a little for it... never been the most fashionable or anything. Anyways, what do you want to do till then? Any other way we should prepare?"
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

5. - Top - End - #845
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

Anna replied to Karl: “I don’t have a meeting with the prince and I said I would try to hunt with Gabe tomorrow. What time is his presentation?”

“Great, I’m famished,” Anna said, “this was a great idea Katie.”

“Long time no see,” Anna said to Celestine, “how have you been?”
    As far as Anna was concerned, there was no tension. Celestine knew she was in the wrong for yelling at her after Anna saved her daughter’s life, and her own life. She could put herself through as much hell as she wanted, but Anna knew it was only a matter of time she fell in line and apologized… or died, whatever came first. She’d definitely be looking to follow Celestine in the toilet perhaps though, to offer her what she needed to stay alive.

When the tea arrived, Anna moved quickly to pour.
    “Please drink, auntie,” she said quietly. Oh, this entire dinner was going to be delightful.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-01-08 at 06:58 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Karl gets Anna's reply message, "“I don’t have a meeting with the prince and I said I would try to hunt with Gabe tomorrow. What time is his presentation?"

(OOC: See my prior post as well)

“Great, I’m famished,” Anna said, “this was a great idea Katie.”
    A smile of relief crosses Katie's face almost immediately, but then she anxiously looks over to her mother. Celestine's expression has not changed. She stares at Anna with a hungry coldness. "Good, I'm starving too," Katie says hurriedly. She rushes to sit down, leaving a spot for her cousin to sit next to her mother. Still oblivious, Henry leans over and gives Katie a big hug when she sits down; very American!

When Anna greets her aunt, Celestine replies, "Unwell. I have been waiting to hear from you and it seems like it has been such a long time." Her words are frigid and filled with something like venom. But behind this, Anna can see the familiar hunger. Her eyes are those of a starved addict, and her fingers twitch and fidget in an anxious and expecting sort of way.

Even Henry can't be oblivious to the tension. His eyes go wide as they dart between Anna and his wife. Then no one says anything till the tea comes.

Anna's use of blood allows her to hold the tea down, but it tastes like motor oil on her tongue. Celestine says nothing in reply, but takes a tepid attempt at the brackish brew. Anna can see that she too gains no pleasure or sustenance from the tea, and the entire time Celestine's eyes stay on her. After several moments of dead silence, Celestine says, "Anna, how have you been?" but her eyes seem to say many many more things.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Oh, hopefully you feel better soon,” Anna said, her voice full of concern, “yes it really has been a long time, hasn’t it.”

She sipped the tea and it settled in her stomach, an out of place extra volume that didn’t belong, but she smiled anyway.

“I’ve been extremely busy, as usual. I didn’t realize you were waiting for me to call; if there was anything important I thought you would call me,” Anna said, “I guess I’ve lost track of time with everything going on. Maybe there was a miscommunication.”

There was no miscommunication. Anna had been explicit. This woman who had married her father’s brother would learn her place, even if they did have to keep up appearances in front of the family.

“At any rate, if I’ve done something to offend, I guess there’s only one thing to say,” Anna said.

She looked straight at Celestine.

“I’m sorry,” she said. The words Celestine would have to say to her if she ever wanted a drop of vitae again. Truth be told, Anna was already looking forward to gifting her a decent amount in the restroom later, but first things first.
    TC for short

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl responds to Anna, "No? Tony seemed to think you would be there. Or was your meeting with him? And he stated we should come with you without mentioning a time, so other than a vague idea of it being this morning I do not know"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post

Google searches bring up the names of a number of chemical engineering and plastic manufacturing companies. Rachel finds a few that are located within the Bay Area, but nothing beyond what would otherwise be expected. Most of the companies have "Contact Us" links for inquires about employment.

Rachel gets the biting feeling that most of what she is finding are things that Lucy could easily have found herself.
    Nevertheless Rachel will take note of the contact details of these companies in case she needed them later. Perhaps it would be easier to do this through the Invictus, but it didn't hurt to plan ahead.

Afterwards, she will call an Uber to take her to Mother Blackstar's place in Pacific Heights.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    Karl responds to Anna, "No? Tony seemed to think you would be there. Or was your meeting with him? And he stated we should come with you without mentioning a time, so other than a vague idea of it being this morning I do not know"
    “Yes, meeting is with Tony.”
    Anna sent Karl the time and location of the meeting .
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Celestine says nothing as Anna talks. Her eyes remain fixed and cold, while a jumpy nervous light plays across her face. When Anna apologizes, her pencil thin eyebrows raise in disbelief. Speaking through her teeth she replies, "I believe you Anna. Thank you for your apology," even though each word seems to pain her. She lets the response sit for a long moment as she takes a deep breath in and out. Then she adds, "Maybe we can talk together later tonight... just you and I?" Her desperation is written all across her face, destroying any attempt at a poker face. Celestine was in deep Vitae withdrawal. Whatever shield of pride Celestine had was nearly fully crumbled into ash.

Henry and Katie watch on in silence.

Breaking the silence momentarily, Anna's phone buzzes with Karl's reply, "No? Tony seemed to think you would be there. Or was your meeting with him? And he stated we should come with you without mentioning a time, so other than a vague idea of it being this morning I do not know"

Rachel takes the the Uber from the bottom of the hill up into Pacific Heights. The entire trip takes less than 10 minutes and the driver seems rather confused as to the purpose of the order. However, based on his fawning manner, he likely cares too much about his rating to protest.

The car lets Rachel out in front of a relatively inornate house, nestled at the top of the hill. It is designed in the Dutch Colonial Revival fashion with white brick and a tiled gambrel roof. Though the three story building is rather unassuming, it would be a lot of property for a single vampire, and from the entrance Rachel can see a nearly hidden third floor terrace that is alive with greenery.

The house has it's own basement garage and driveway, and two chestnut brown wood doors form the entrance, staring down on a short stone stairway with rectangular porthole eyes.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Of course, we’ll sort it out,” Anna replied, “but let’s eat first, I know I’m starving, and I’m sure everyone else is hungry too.”

Anna smiled, first at Celestine, then at Katie and her uncle.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel will only smile at the Uber driver and tell him that she was having car trouble.

Outside the house there didn't seem to be anyone else around but she won't hang about for long enough to make sure. If Rachel was in Mother Blackstar's position she would likely have Ghouls to look after the place, so she'll briefly check to see if there were any signs of light coming from inside before she knocks.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Celestine's eyes remain cold hollow pits. Perhaps she still harbored that much resentment, or perhaps the hunger had just scooped out her capacity for any emotion. Both Katie and Henry smile back, though there is a nervous tension in their eyes and over the table.

"I hope everyone is hungry," Henry says, clapping his hands together and desperately trying to affix a jovial smile to his face, adding, "this place is soooo good." Within moments he has called a waiter to the table and begins to order nearly half of the menu, perhaps something not unfamiliar when Henry has the family all together.

Once the waiter is gone, he turns to Anna and says, "Well, thank you so much for taking care of Katie." Again there is a nervous expression on Henry's face, but based on how he was glancing at his wife, Anna got the sense that maybe Celestine was not happy with the new arrangement. "I hope you two are having a good time." He was still speaking like Katie was a child, like she didn't really have a voice at the table.

(OOC: BTW, is Anna intentionally not replying to Daniel?)

Light seems to pour from every window of Blackstar's haven. But rather than being warm and inviting, it seemed more like a warning, saying, "This place is occupied, and none should dare trespass!" However, no matter how long Rachel stays watching, she sees no sign of movement from within.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #855
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Good. Seems like I’m always hungry these days,” Anna replied.

She smiled, then gave Katie a wink so her parents couldn’t see.

“Umm.. I don’t know. Katie, are you having a good time?” she said.

She looked down at her phone.

“Hey just got surprised with dinner with the fam, hope alls good on your end” she replied to Daniel while Katie answered.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel wondered what would happen if she was nosy enough to have a look round outside the house. Would leaving the designated path get her into a lot of trouble? Regardless, she has no reason to take any chances at the moment. She'll walk up to the door and knock or ring any doorbell.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"It's been a... breath of fresh air," Katie says, giving Anna warm and appreciative smile. She glances to her parents, and hastily adds, "Not that I don't enjoy staying with you both; it's just been... good to be with Cousin Anna for a little bit."

Celestine remains still, almost as if she hadn't heard her daughter speaking, though Henry gives an empathetic nod and pats Katie on the shoulder lovingly.

Daniels reply comes, "Uh, nice I guess. All good here." Very curt, though Anna had been the one to initiate the text conversation.

It takes a few moments before Rachel hears the sound of movement from within the building; the sound of footsteps coming down and toward the entrance. A jowly and bespectacled man opens the door. His wispy thinning hair may once have been blond and curled, but now sits flatly on his pink scalp in a gelled sort of comb over. He is wearing an outdated but well tailored dark grey pinstripe suit, and Rachel gets the sense that he might be an out of time English gentleman from the last turn of the century. He smiles at Rachel warmly, looks her once over, and says, "Are you Rachel my dear? We've been expecting you!" His accent only confirms the superficial expectation.

Rachel can smell the blood on him, but his heart is still beating; Ghoul.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ettin in the Playground

'I am.' Rachel will hand the man her coat. 'Does anyone ever try to get in here when you're not expecting them?'

She was amused at the man's pose of being an English butler, but she's not sure whether she believed it.'So...how long have you known Mother? I had no idea she'd been to England.'

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

At Rachel's first question, the man chortles in a jolly sort of way, his voice high and nasally. He replies, "No, not normally I suppose. Though to be honest, I'm not sure we have many visitors in general." He chuckles again at this as he ushers Rachel in, offering to take her coat if she was wearing one.

But to her second question, the butler seems to deflect, "Please follow me upstairs. The Mother will be hosting you in the living room. You may call me Graham, though my full name is Graham Jones."

The two finish their ascent up the tiled stairs into a modern and minimalistic though stylishly decorated living room. Angular chrome lamps fill the room with a warm orange glow. Chic couches and lounge chairs gather around an ovular glass coffee table. The only hint that this is the domain of the pagan shaman lord of a blood cult is a rather vicious looking painting that hangs on the far wall, as big and wide as a modest dinner table. The painting; or maybe it's a doctored photograph is nearly black and white, with muted tones of green and purple and a rouged pink. It depicts a tangle of human bodies entwined, clawing and binding together. The mass is almost formless, with one headless body blending into the next. It is hedonistic, it is sensual, and yet it is somehow grotesque. After a few moments study you realize that small details; bleeding wounds, stretched flesh and the like are hidden throughout the orgy, and that one could spend hours plumbing the picture for more!

But Joanna is interrupted from her study by Mother Blackstar's voice. "Welcome," she says in a way that seems to carry her voice to fill the entirety of the room. At some point Graham has disappeared, and the vampire has entered. Though at almost all Kindred events, the Primogen is normally seen in her dark green velvet robes, tonight she is dressed in a more... comfortable attire. Her short yellow hair is well manicured, and no longer crowned in a wreath of holly and rose vines. Her top is a cream colored cashmere turtleneck, matching her navy colored wool slacks. "I apologize that I have no sustenance to offer you, but I am sure you will make yourself comfortable my child," she says, stepping away from the painting and slowly towards Rachel.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl considers his words before answering Gabe, "Well first of all, be glad it is no longer Gorman who would be receiving you, that one would've insisted on a grand showing. D'Agostino is much more casual towards such things. This would be more like an introduction to an important executive, formal, but not pompous. A declaration of fealty is traditional, but in this case I think a simple declaration of your loyalty to the Prince's authority would suffice."

"That doesn't mean you get to relax just yet though. First impressions are quite important here, and he will test your resolve, perhaps even more so than he would others, because if you're seen as too weak you might be considered a liability for one of his hounds. He may try to incite your beast to a rage, or into blind fear, or both. But so long as you can remain respectful without cowering, you will be fine."

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel will follow Graham upstairs. The painting was...distracting, assuming it was actually a painting. Rachel was open to the possibility that the image was based on something real but if it was the product of the artist's fevered imaginings she's still curious about where it might have come from.

She'll suppress any brief moment of surprise as Blackstar appears before waving away the offer of food. 'Good evening Mother. Thank you for the offer anyway. I would never say no if it's offered but it's always more fun to feed myself.' Rachel will only take a seat if Blackstar sits down first. 'You know, I'm fond of my bookshop up to a point, but living in a place like this must have it's advantages.' She'll assume that Blackstar was aware of the abandoned bookshop which Rachel used as a Haven. 'How is it living so close to the Invictus?'

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna replied with a thumbs up emoji.
    cool, will message you later, family fun time.

"So how have you been, uncle?" Anna asked as she put her phone away, "managed to find time to get away from work at all?"

She made small talk and made sure to keep her aunt's cup full.
    "Please drink more auntie, maybe you can flush out whatever has you under the weather," Anna said.
    She hoped to get her aunt to the restroom, where they could perhaps occupy the handicapped toilet, or lock the door to the ladies room for a feeding.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-01-17 at 12:30 AM.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Gabe takes in his Sire's words with a deep focused interest; nodding his head with brow knit. "That sounds good," he says, his voice touched with relief. He takes a moment, his face belying deep thought in a still easily readable, mortal sort of manner. Then he says with academic seriousness, "I notice D'Agostino... I mean Prince D'Agostino is always suited up. Should I... you know, like dress up?" But before Karl can reply a devilish grin spreads across the man's face and he adds, "I mean, do you usually go dressed like that?" the question posed in a manner clearly meant to offer playful critique of Karl's preferred garb.

Mother Blackstar's forward progress slows, though the mask like expression of warmth remains fixed on her face so that it felt like Rachel was being stalked by a corpse or a statue or maybe a mannequin. Elders were like that; the farther they got away from their living days, the more trouble they had appearing... well not dead! But the Primogen stops at a tall velvet wingback chair, and takes a seat. She lifts an arm to Rachel, indicating that she should do the same. "It is not easy to be honest," Mother Blackstar replies to the question, "but I do it out of necessity rather than preference." She folds her hands in her lap, and for a moment Rachel catches sight of the dirt under her nails and buried into her cuticles. She continues, "The Circle is the smallest Covenant in San Francisco, and I remember when we were actually persecuted in this city." Rachel is not sure just how long ago that must have been, but has perhaps heard of such terrible times. "We still struggle with The Spear, and I suppose to a far lesser degree with The Dragons." Her face twists up in slight anger, perhaps the first real sign of emotion that Rachel has caught tonight so far. She adds with a hint of mirth, "So I find it... important to try to build strong ties with The Prince, his cabinet and the powers that be... even if some of our members find my methods distasteful." Rachel gets the sense she knows exactly who those "members' might be.

Daniel's reply simply reads, "TTYL", but at least it came quickly.

To Anna's question Henry replies, "Oh, busy busy." With a playful grin that shows yellowed teeth he adds, "Got to make enough money to take care of everyone. You know how expensive the city can be!" He takes a loud slurping sip of his tea and leans back in his chair, starting to become more at ease. "How about you Anna, how is work going? Things are prosperous?" he asks warmly.

At Anna's request Celestine takes a long sip of her tea, but the expression she makes once finished makes Anna think the tea might come back up. Her face turns slightly green, but the same dull expression never leaves her face, and she continues to stare at Anna with a numb sort of hunger.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I have been known to dress up for formal occasions, and yes, you should smarten up for this meeting. I'd suggest a simple suit and a tie, but it should fit well. Come to think of it, do you have one that its properly fitted? I think we have time to visit a tailor if not." Karl asks.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ettin in the Playground

Being around Blackstar was a little unnerving but Rachel wasn't unfamiliar with the feeling. Her Sire had been the same way. She'll take a seat.

'I was honestly curious about your neighbors. I feel like most of them would have the sense not to irritate you directly, but if I were them I might be curious to what goes on in here.'

She'll then answer Blackstar's point with a smile. 'As for the rest, I can see the sense in all that. If possible I only have a problem with people who already have a problem with me. Aside from perhaps the Spear I'd say we could stand to live with the others when we have to.' Rachel had to wonder if Blackstar had any problems with the Dragon in particular.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Good, good,” Anna replied, “prosperous, preposterous, a little of both. Very busy, as you can imagine. It’s good to see everyone.”

“I’m going to run to the bathroom real quick, hopefully the food will be here when I get back,” Anna said.

Would Celestine get the hint? Hmm.
    Even if she didn’t, Anna would scout out whether there was a handicapped room or a changing room with a lock, that would be ideal.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-01-18 at 02:38 AM.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

A familiar look of embarrassment spreads across Gabe's face. "Uh, I got a suit... but I don't think it's gonna impress anyone. You know the one, it's grey and got that hole in one of the elbows. You know, there wasn't too much reason to get dressed up for our work. It's not like we ever kept things formal in the office." He gives Karl a warm smile that says, "Sorry, whatcha gonna do!"

Gabe's face screws up for a quick moment, then as if struck by an idea he asks, "Are you guys... I mean are WE even supposed to dress like mortals? Isn't it supposed to be all leather and trench coats?" He grins as he points out Karl's "detective" coat.

(OOC: No right or wrong answer in how you answer here, I kinda consider this world building from Karl's point of view)

'I was honestly curious about your neighbors. I feel like most of them would have the sense not to irritate you directly, but if I were them I might be curious to what goes on in here.'
    Lady Blackstar shrugs at this, but a smug grin spreads across her lips. "I think the Invictus are too proud to be seen showing any curiosity into what we do," she says, leaning forward to add coyly, "even if you can tell they desperately wish they knew."

The Primogen nods her head thoughtfully at Rachels additional comments. She pauses for a moment before speaking, still as a statue, only inhaling right before she speaks to provide her vocal cords with the necessary air. Clasping her hands together she says, "Well, I'm glad you came here tonight Rachel, but as I do have other responsibilities to attend to... perhaps we can cut to the chase?" Nothing about her voice is impatient or unfriendly.

Celestine's head follows Anna as she rises, though her eyes remain glazed and distant.

(OOC: Perhaps a Manipulation + Socialize roll would be fun here)
    Show

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl chuckles, "After a visit to Elysium you think there's a universal standard? For the most part Kindred wear what they want, as mundane or outlandish as they prefer. I wear this coat more often than not because its eminently practical for our line of work."

"But this is predominantly a business meeting, which means I think a new suit is in order. Come on, lets get you fitted."

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel will nod thoughtfully. She was only curious. Perhaps Blackstar was wrong to be so relaxed about living here but Rachel had to respect the confidence.

'Yes, the point.' Rachel will make her pitch. 'I'm looking into getting a larger Haven. Pacific Heights may be a little too ambitious at the moment but something like this is certainly worth aspiring to. I have what's left of my Sire's funds and getting more shouldn't be that difficult but I thought I'd check to see if I could be of any use to the Circle first. Even if there's not much money in it having people who might owe you a favour is a decent substitute.' Hopefully this would make the news of Rachel joining the Hounds not too surprising whenever Blackstar finally heard about it. 'If you don't have any work for me at the moment then so be it. At least you're aware that I'm looking. If I should come across anything interesting I can always keep you informed.'

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Gabe grins and says something that Karl has heard him repeat many many times throughout their relationship, "As long as you're buying boss." Of course they had always pretended to be partners, but even when Gabe was a Ghoul there was no doubt as to who was in charge, and Karl had always held a tighter grip on the money.

(OOC: I don't want to drag things out, but I have an idea of how I can make something out of this boys night out shopping... if you want. If you do, what sort of a place is Karl going to? Otherwise, we can skip ahead)

Mother Blackstar stares at Rachel in silence for a long moment, remaining absolutely motionless. Maybe she was appraising the younger vampire, or maybe she had found some way of reading her thoughts! Finally she speaks, her voice hushed but sharp, "Do you know where Sausalito is? It's just North of the city, across the Golden Gate Bridge. It is technically outside of The Princes Domain as well, though the unaligned that live there act like they have their own little court." She says this last part with more than a hint of disdain. "I was contacted by one such Kindred," she continues, "a woman who calls herself Duchesse Oleander of all things. She fancies herself a worshiper of the Old Gods like us. She said she had something she wanted to show me... I think in hopes of gaining my favor, and perhaps entrance into our Covenant. If you are willing, I will give you her address, and you can go on my behalf." Blackstar's cold blue eyes study Rachel from behind her masklike emotionless countenance, waiting for an answer.
    Show