New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (IC III) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

"Yes yes, now let's go" Karl heads for the car and soon enough both of them are driving off into the night.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ettin in the Playground

If Mother Blackstar could read her mind then Rachel, and for that matter Alejandro, was likely in a lot of trouble. But in that case perhaps she would have done something about Alejandro a long time ago. 'I believe I passed through Sausalito when I first arrived here.' Given the distance she had travelled to get here she couldn't not cross the Golden Gate bridge the first time she came to San Francisco.

'This Duchesse has something to show you? That seems awfully vague if she wants to encourage you to meet with her. Did she give you any details or do you have any reason to think that she has ulterior motives for wanting to see you?'

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Celestine simply stares blankly at Anna. A quick glance around affirms that at least no one else "got the hint". Without the ghoul following her, Anna is forced to make an unnecessary march to the bathroom, wasting a few minutes in a greasy little white room that smelled like mortals in the worst sort of way.

When Anna returns to the table, the first course of plates has been laid out; taro cakes and dumplings and a few other small plates that would have once had Anna salivating. Henry and Katie have already begun shoveling food onto their bowls of rice, though Celestine seems to mostly just be studying the cornucopia. Henry looks up from his bowl with a grin and says only half-apologetically, "Sorry! We haven't started yet, but were just... well getting ready. I'm sure you understand."

For a moment Anna catches an unnoticed glance from Celestine. There is a desperate and fearful hunger in the woman, like the wild eyes of a starving rabbit caught in a trap. Katie and Henry seem too busy with their bowls to notice.

Karl drove his Fledgeling down into the Financial District, fortunately not too far from Elysium. This part of San Francisco was all modern styled skyscrapers; buildings with white columns, glass front panels fifteen feet high, and ornate finishings. It was a little late for the businessmen in their pinstripe suits and leather briefcases to be out and about, but not too late for where Karl was taking Gabe.

Wingtip was a spacious and rustically decorated shop that catered to the wealthy twenty-something business men who pushed large sums of money in the Financial District. It sold expensive imported clothes, fine leather goods, cigars, shaving and grooming products; everything that an elitist WASP wanted to purchase (at a fine upcharge) to make sure he was better dressed and better smelling than all the colleagues he loathed.

Mortals had access to the main floor, and the basement where the shoes, hats and umbrellas were on display. But no Kine patron was aware of the second floor; a special shop lovingly called by its owner "Sartoria Del Obitorio". The Sartoria was unsurprisingly heavily frequented by The Invictus, as well as some well to do Ventrue. Its owner, Giuliano Caraceni, was an ancient Kindred immigrant who found his way to San Francisco at the end of World War Two. He was one of the city's few Toreador. Turned in his early twenties, he was supposedly the proud prodigy of a famous tailoring house in Rome. Giuliano was handsome, vain, and hot tempered. Most Kindred came to him for his bespoke outfits, which had long ago branched far away from just suits and tailored shirts, to the strangest and most macabre fashion that a vampire of any gender could design. It was not unusual for the narcissistic Kindred to show up to public Elysiums in their latest commissioned couture. But even the pre-made ready-to-wear garments produced by Caraceni were of the highest quality, and would be sure to garner approval from those "in the know". Of course it was well known that the new Prince, Nicholas D'Agostino, was one of his greatest patrons, and Caraceni had only become more sought after since his rise to the throne. And of course, the cost of a Sartoria Del Obitorio suit was always something to consider, for Caraceni only took payment in Boons.

It takes too long to find a parking spot, and Karl and Gabe are forced to march several blocks to reach Wingtip, and though the shop looks closed, two well groomed and dressed ghouls are standing outside smoking cigars. The cherry of their smokes light their chiseled jaws and well kept hair. One, a blonde who looks like a French fashion model from the 90s, heroin chic in a slim cut blue pinstripe eyes Karl and Gabe as they approach. His eyes appraise the two Kindred with a disdain that should be out of place for a Ghoul to use with a Kindred and he says haughtily, "Can I help you?"

(OOC: Wingtip is a real store in San Francisco... and I think I am going to have A LOT of fun with this scene)

(OOC: Depending on how Rachel were to arrive in San Francisco, she may not have had to cross the Golden Gate. SFO, the airport for San Francisco, is South of the city, while The Bridge connects San Francisco to the North Bay where I grew up. That said, maybe she drove down from Portland or Seattle? And it would not be unheard of for her to have had other reasons to have crossed out of the city into Marin County)

"She made it sound like it was some artifact, or item of power. I think she was hoping to win my favor," Mother Blackstar says in reply. With little concern she adds, "I don't think she would be nearly stupid enough to plan some sort of ambush. I am way too powerful for that pack of unaligned, and she would be smart enough to know if she did try something, she would draw the wrath of my Covenant. Such an act could even possibly draw the wrath of the new Prince; if he knew what was good for him, D'Agostino would strike down any such attack on the Kindred of his city."
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl responds, "My childe here is in need of a proper suit for a business meeting with the prince later tonight. He'll need to be fitted with something appropriate. Should your master be interested enough to care, let him know that it is the Prince's hound, Karl Bauer, asking for these services." The Mekhet sighs, "And since we're here I may as well ask after a new suit of my own, I'm going to be in the public eye far more often than I am used to."

Aside, to Gabriel he mutters, "Brace yourself, Caraceni is... interesting to say the least."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blonde turns to his companion, who perfectly fits the description of tall dark and handsome. "Go tell the boss," he commands with a hasty annoyance, adding, "see what he wants us to do." Tall Dark and Handsome gives Karl and Gabe one last evil look before sighing and rushing into the shop.

Blonde takes a long puff of his cigar, blowing the dark smoke out in Karl's direction. He grins, showing perfect pearly teeth, then waving the cigar at Karl and his trench coat like a wand says, "And who are you supposed to be?"
    Show

6. - Top - End - #876
    Titan in the Playground

(Was there at least a handicapped bathroom?)

“Ah hah, my plan worked,” Anna said, “. She rummaged around in her purse for a second, then glanced up to Celestine when the others weren’t looking.
    Anna makes a motion with her head at Celestine towards the restroom. If any of the others notice or care that she is leaving again, she’ll make an excuse that she left something there.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl fixes him with a stare, "I've heard two of your predecessors make basically the same joke over the decades. It wasn't funny the first time either."

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ettin in the Playground

'I would like to think that no one would be stupid enough to try anything against you, but in my experience I can't rely on someone being smart.' Rachel is aware of the irony of her saying this out loud at the moment. 'You're probably right though. And if not I will be happy to look into it for you.' Rachel isn't that worried. She assumes that she'll be able to handle any problems she might have with this Oleander woman.

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, everything I know about SF is coming from Google Maps. I was going to assume she got to California overland but I suppose she could have got there by air in stages.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Perhaps to Anna's delight or perhaps to her chagrin, there are two private bathrooms, neither one gendered, each containing a dingy seated toilet, a sink, and an underpowered air hand dryer.

Celestine catches Anna's not so subtle gesture, her eyes suddenly brightening with recognition. "Oh," she half says, half announces, "excuse me one moment. I... uh, am going to the bathroom."

Of course, both Henry and his daughter also pick up on Anna's not so subtle comment, and as Anna mumbles about the thing she left, Henry calls out, "Well, take your time you two... I guess." He gives Katie a nervous grin, whose face turns bright red, flushed with embarrassment.

Karl's statement has its exact desired effect. Blonde's mouth opens wide, his eyes dilating with shock. He manages to get out, "Oh, my... my apologies sir," and keeps his mouth shut till his companion returns.

Gabe grins at his sire, admiration glowing on his face.

The door to Wingtip finally opens up, after many long moments of silence. Tall dark and handsome sticks his head through the door and says, "The Master will see you now Mr. Bauer." He pulls the door open and even manages a bow before inviting Karl and Gabe in. He leads the two through the well manicured luxury store to a dark oak door that would look more appropriate in an English countryside cabin.

Up a flight of stairs, and Karl and Gabe find themselves standing in Caraceni's Sartoria Del Obitorio. The shop is a low ceilinged room lined with shelves filled with books; though a closer look shows that they are books of clothe samples. Clusters of mannequins are gathered throughout the space, decorated in opulent gowns and tuxedos that would be fitting a 1930s galla. The figures are turned to face each other, gathered as if to portray mortals gathered in conversation over cocktails and champagne.

Giuliano Caraceni stands in the middle of the room, where Tall Dark and Handsome rushes to greet him. He is a slender man embraced in his late twenties, with dark curls heavily greased and coaxed into a modern version of a pompadour. His mustache is black, pencil thin, and equally greased. His eyes are like two black buttons. His suit is a charcoal grey so dark that it almost reads as black, made of Donegal tweed with flecks of red, like the tiniest beads of blood, matching his dark crimson ascot. The suit is double breasted, with wide peak lapels that give the man an angular, almost spider-like appearance. He moves like the eldest of Kindred, graceful like an apex predator but completely inhuman.

"Welcome Hound Bauer," he half says, half announces, as though there were an audience. Caraceni's voice is unusually high pitched, reedy and nasally, completely discordant with his appearance. He strides forward, arms outstretched. "What are you wearing," he scowls, not afraid to hide his dissatisfaction with Karl's appearance. Then he turns his attention to Gabe, coming forward to pinch the man's cheeks as if he were a child, "And this must be your Fledgeling? What brings you here tonight?"

"That would be much appreciated," Mother Blackstar says, a cold grin spreading across her lips. She rises from her seat, "I can help arrange the meet up... though I suspect she will not be pleased with our... substitution. And while I would not consider her dangerous, it would be best if you go prepared. What other information can I give you?"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl nods to Carceri respectfully, "Gabriel here is to be introduced to the Prince tonight. Events forced our hand on the timing and unfortunately we are not quite prepared. He is in need of suitable attire before the night is out. Of course I thought of you."

"I am also in need of something more suitable for my new position when representing the prince in court, though that request bears less of a time constraint."

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ettin in the Playground

'If she's honest in trying to impress you I suspect she'll get over her disappointment.' Rachel grinned back. 'Still, are there any members of the Circle out in Sausalito? Or even someone that you happen to trust? It's always nice to have options even if I don't need them.'

12. - Top - End - #882
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna rolls her eyes as hard as she can at her uncle’s remark and shakes her head.

When they get to the restroom, Anna makes sure nobody is watching, then ushers Celestine in and locks the door behind them.
    “I know what you want,” Anna said, as she held up her wrist, “but we are going to clear the air first.”

“I saved your life, I saved your daughter’s life, and you dare to raise your voice against me, after you asked me for help?” Anna said, “and then you refuse to apologize for your ungrateful behavior?”

“You will apologize, now, and you will mean it, and only then, you may drink,” Anna said.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-01-27 at 03:26 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Gabriel," the vampire says stepping forward, seeming to savor the name on his tongue as he offers a hand for the fledgeling to shake, "it is a pleasure to meet you. Welcome to my shop, it will be my pleasure to take care of you!" Gabe does his best to put a friendly grin on and shakes the tailor's hand, offering a well worn pleasantry.

Caraceni then quickly turns his attention to Karl, clearly more excited about the opportunity to design an entire new garment from scrap. "Yes, congratulations on your new position! And of course... to be honest, I'm surprised you still wear those old rags. I can make you something far more fitting." He waves a hand at Karl's trench coat as if he were wearing garbage held together with duct tape. The tailor's eyes are bright with excitement, his fangs extended as if he were on the hunt. Clasping his hands together Caraceni asks, "Do you have anything particular in mind? Are we going for something striking, or something that will help you blend in? Oh, you must let me help you redesign your wardrobe! A complete overhaul, yes?"

Mother Blackstar shakes her head. "All of our Circle stay within the city limits," she replies flatly, clearly oblivious to the fact that she has a known Haven up in The Wine Country, adding, "It is safest to stay within the protective walls of our... gilded cage, so to speak. However, I have had dealings with some of the Kindred outside of our city. I can put you in touch with someone who I suppose I trust... more than others. Though I would remember, this still does not mean you can trust them at all!"

Blackstar studies Rachel's face here, clearly trying to take measure of the young vampire, and how much she can be trusted.

Celestine mutters a dull and confused, "What?" as Anna forces her into the bathroom and locks the door.

Her face remains placid as Anna talks, her eyes remaining glazed and distant almost like those of a domesticated farm animal; like a pig or a cow. When Anna finishes she replies, "I need your blood Anna." Any hint of pride or reserve seems to crumble then and there, and her eyes begin to moisten in preparation of tears. "I... I can feel myself dying. I think you have poisoned me. I need your blood now. I need it more than food or air!" She stumbles forward and tries to grab the front of Anna's clothes or the lapel of her jacket.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post

Mother Blackstar shakes her head. "All of our Circle stay within the city limits," she replies flatly, clearly oblivious to the fact that she has a known Haven up in The Wine Country, adding, "It is safest to stay within the protective walls of our... gilded cage, so to speak. However, I have had dealings with some of the Kindred outside of our city. I can put you in touch with someone who I suppose I trust... more than others. Though I would remember, this still does not mean you can trust them at all!"

Blackstar studies Rachel's face here, clearly trying to take measure of the young vampire, and how much she can be trusted.
    'I would say it takes me a while to trust anyone.' Rachel replies. Blackstar's intent was clear here, although she had to wonder if an Elder was even capable of trusting anyone themselves. 'But anyone who can help me out ocasionally deserves the benefit of the doubt.' Rachel is impassive but assumes that Blackstar would take her implication. She's not going to declare her undying loyalty to Blackstar, especially if the older vampire wasn't choosing to force the issue, but Rachel is open to being bought. She will take any contact information that Blackstar is willing to give.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

"Well, at least she's addicted," Anna thought, "but this is useless, I need her functional."

Outwardly, Anna growled softly, then bit her wrist to make a small puncture, then held it over the sink to let Celestine bend over and drink. She let the Kiss wash over her, living vicariously for just a moment as Celestine suckled at her limb.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anna will let Celestine take 1 bp here.

"Enough," Anna said in Cantonese, pulling Celestine back and licking the wound shut. She ran the water in case anyone was listening at the door.

"That much will preserve your life," Anna said quietly, "now, understand that two people in your family are alive only because of me, and apologize for raising your voice to me after I saved your only daughter's life."

She held up her other wrist this time, the promise of more vitae.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I'm not looking to make a fashion statement, but blending in isn't quite the right word either. If I'm going to represent the order brought by the prince I should look it."

"As for anything else, perhaps we should discuss that at another time? Gabriel's suit is the item that cannot wait."

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Very good then," Mother Blackstar replies. She pulls her phone out in a speedy well practiced motion and begins typing and swiping through it. A few seconds later Rachel's phone buzzes with a Pulse Message; a shared contact from Blackstar. "His name is Patrick Richards," she says as if reading facts out of a textbook, "he's a blood doll in Sausolito. Power hungry SF business type who found himself addicted to the bite. Not saying he'll let you have a taste, but he's always desperate for Kindred attention, enough to likely be of use, and he has to know the ins and outs of The Society north of The City. You can probably trust him most because of his... proclivities." She gives a mirthful grin then adds, "You can tell him I gave you his number. I recommend texting rather than calling."

Celestine rushes quickly to Anna's wrist, hands grabbing with a frantic unmeasured fervor. Her mouth finds the gash, and begins pulling at the wound only bled because of Anna's blush of life. Celestine makes a noise like a soft animal grunt. Her tongue works the ragged hole, her eyes closed in a moment of ecstacy.

Her knees buckle when Anna pulls her arm away, and Celestine sways for a moment, eyes still closed.

She barely allows Anna to finish talking before she begins protesting. "It's not enough," she says, reaching again for Anna's arm, even as the flesh begins to spontaneously pull itself back together. "I'm so hungry," she moans, "Please give me more! I need more! I need it!"

(OOC: Anna is down to 7 BP)

Caraceni takes a moment to study the fledgeling. He steps away from Karl, though the gesture seems meant to be somewhat placating. "Yes, I can take care of him. Ready to wear is always easy. I have plenty of suits that can be altered easily enough," he says, pulling the white red and green tape measurer off of a table. He gestures for Gabe to raise his arms and begins taking measurements, reading them off hastily to the ghoul in the room in zippy Italian. As he works, he continues, "We can get your childe something... though of course it will never be as perfect as something bespoke, as I'm sure you know. But that takes time." He rattles off a few more measurements. The ghoul is taking the numbers down into an ancient heavy leather book that looks to be almost two feet thick. He begins telling Gabe how he wants to dress him; the neonate's eyes go wide and he just keeps nodding his head as if he has any idea what is going on.

"Karl, we take your measurements too, we decide what we make, and we look at some cloth. You say nothing too bold, but not for blending in? I say a double breasted suit. Peak lapels. Something dark, but luminesce. Classic but dashing. Yes?"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl is wondering what the heck dark but luminescent meant, but he decides not to say anything about that and simply nods, "Thank you for the swift attention. As for my suit, I will trust your instincts there." He cooperates with the taking of measurements.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2022-01-28 at 09:03 PM.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Apologize,” Anna said, “say you’re sorry for raising your voice against me, and promise never to do it again.”

If Celestine does as asked, Anna will let her take another drink.

Spoiler
    Show
    anna will let Celestine take another blood point, this time from the other wrist.

Assuming she does as asked:
    “Enough,” Anna said quietly as she took her hand back and licked the wound closed, “now if you can go out there and behave, and convince uncle and Katie nothing is wrong, there will be more, tomorrow or maybe the day after.”

“Can you do that?” Anna asked.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-01-29 at 10:48 AM.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ettin in the Playground

'Oh, he's one of those. I'll try not to bully him too much if he's useful.' If Rachel did need to drink from this man it wasn't as if he could stop her. 'If I do leave Richards alone and get hungry, is there anyone out there who would object to me hunting?'

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Very good," Cariceni says, clasping his hands together as he stands up from taking Gabe's leg measurements. He takes a few more moments, rattling off the last few lengths he had taken to his ghoul, before patting Gabe on the shoulder and saying with satisfaction, "Very good." The tailor then turns to Tall Dark and Handsome and begins spitting commands in rapid Italian, orders of some kind that the Ghoul rushes to follow immediately, crossing the room and disappearing behind a door. "My Piccolo will be back in a few moments with some suits for you to try on," he says to Gabe.

Then Giuliano crosses over to Karl, tape measurer wielded in hand as if it were his favored dueling weapon. "Stand up straight," he orders Karl, adding, "but try to stand naturally!" The tailor then begins taking measurements. With the ghoul out of the room, Caraceni simply mutters the numbers in Italian under his breath. As he works, he says to Karl, "Now to talk about cost... this is a business of course." The man's dark eyes narrow, giving Karl a glance that says "there will be no bartering here". "For the two suits, one bespoke the other adjusted; one Major Boon and one Minor. I know the requests. We can discuss them now if you like."

Anna can see that the woman's will is completely broken, and this time she is listening. Celestine nods her head in supplication before saying, "Yes Anna. I am sorry for raising my voice, and I will never do it a again... as long... as long as I can have some more from time to time. I... I need this."

She bends down to take the offered wrist, and again works at the bleeding wound, drinking hungrily (OOC: Anna is down to 6). When she rises, there is a vital color to her cheeks, though her eyes are still glazed from the blissful consumption. An oafish grin spreads across Celestine's face and she whispers, "Thank you Anna, thank you."

As Anna speaks, a focus gathers in Celestine's eyes. The intelligent and self possessed aunt that Anna knew and grew up with seems to return. "Of course," Celestine replies with certainty, "There won't be a problem."

Unless Anna has anything more to say, Celestine will follow her out of the bathroom.

Mother Blackstar shrugs at the question, but shakes her head in the negative and replies, "I don't think so. He is addicted to the feed... but he chooses to offer his body of his own accord. I can't imagine there being any enforceable hunting domains within the city... but if you do it smartly, I doubt anyone would catch you, and I doubt that Patrick would say anything." But she offers a stern, "Just be smart about it."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Good,” Anna replied, then her expression softened.
    “Oh, I know this is hard for you, it’s hard for me, too,” she said, “but sometimes you’re so stubborn I have to do this, for your own good.”

“It doesn’t have to be like this though,” she said, “this is supposed to be a happy exchange, you’d like that, wouldn’t you?”

She gave her aunt-by-marriage a lingering hug, and resisted the urge to bite and take back what Anna had gifted her.

“Now let’s go out there and tell uncle and Katie we cleared the air, and everything can go back to normal,” Anna said, “and if we can do that, we’ll try for a happy exchange tomorrow or the day after, okay?”

She turned off the water faucet.

Assuming Celestine agrees to everything, Anna leads the way back to the table.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl takes a breath but nods in acceptance. No doubt that major boon would take up a good bit of his valuable time, but he needed to command respect at court, and his clothing wasn't helping there. "Certainly, let us discuss the requests."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2022-01-30 at 07:10 PM.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ettin in the Playground

'Then in that case no one will know I was there.' Rachel said with a grin. 'I appreciate the opportunity to do something useful Mother. I will try and get back to you before dawn.'

Spoiler
    Show

I presume I have time to do this tonight

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

“Good,” Anna replied, then her expression softened.
    “Oh, I know this is hard for you, it’s hard for me, too,” she said, “but sometimes you’re so stubborn I have to do this, for your own good.”
    Celestine nods her head, then hesitantly says, "It's just... you're my niece; I am your Aunt. Maybe you don't remember home, but back home that always meant that you needed to show me respect." By the end of this a hint of her pride has returned.

“It doesn’t have to be like this though,” she said, “this is supposed to be a happy exchange, you’d like that, wouldn’t you?”

She gave her aunt-by-marriage a lingering hug, and resisted the urge to bite and take back what Anna had gifted her.

“Now let’s go out there and tell uncle and Katie we cleared the air, and everything can go back to normal,” Anna said, “and if we can do that, we’ll try for a happy exchange tomorrow or the day after, okay?”
    But the offer is clearly to much for Celestine and any reserve of will crumbles at the offer of more blood. "Okay Anna. Yes. Okay."

As the two head back to the table, Henry and Katie look up from their meal. With a big grin on his face, Henry calls out, "Everything okay back there?"

Caraceni nods his head with satisfaction. "Good, let's start with the minor boon," he starts. "There is another tailor... a Kine," he says with less than subtle disgust, "who is taking business away from the shop. He does... what the mortals call Made To Measure. His suits are inferior to say the least. But he's built a reputation for being one of the most exclusive and talented tailors in the city; the Kine have absolutely no understanding of true tailoring." His eyes narrow as he says to Karl, "Take care of his business and we consider the Boon completed. I don't care if you ruin their reputation, or shut him down, or simply kill him. Just take care of it. Do I have your agreement?"

"Very good," Mother Blackstar says with a grin. She pauses for a moment, before slowly adding, "I am glad you joined us Rachel. Very glad."

(OOC: Yes. Is there anything you want to do before you go, or in preparation?)
    Show

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Yuup,” Anna said as she pulled a compact out of her handbag.

“Everything’s fine now,” Anna said. She glanced at Celestine to see her response and then sat down. She was really thirsty now, but she would stay with her family to keep up appearances before going hunting ahead of the meeting with Tony. She might even go for two if she had time.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-01-31 at 09:35 PM.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Celestine nods her head in agreement, offering the two at the table a timid smile. "Yes, we are... good," she says meekly, her smile broadening just slightly.

Henry studies the two hesitantly, but offers his own timid smile and replies, "Very good then. Well why don't we all enjoy dinner then." Anna is satisfied to see that once Celestine takes her place at the table, she seems more herself. She smiles with bright eyes and digs into her food like she had been starving herself for days.

(OOC: Unless Anna wishes to pursue anything, I am happy to move this to the end of their dinner)
    Show

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ettin in the Playground

'Let's see how I get on first shall we?' Rachel replies with a smile.

If this Oleander had her own contact details she'll make sure she has them before she leaves.

Rachel could go for a quick hunt before leaving San Francisco but she's not that hungry and she doesn't want to waste any time. Having to sleep away from her Haven would be manageable but inconvenient. Instead she'll do what any English tourist would do in California and research Sausalito on her phone. She had lived in San Francisco for a while now, but it wasn't as if she had much reason to leave the city.

Sausalito's wikipedia entry might be interesting in passing but she'll be practical and look for the location of local bars if she really needed to feed while she was out there.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Celestine nods her head in agreement, offering the two at the table a timid smile. "Yes, we are... good," she says meekly, her smile broadening just slightly.

Henry studies the two hesitantly, but offers his own timid smile and replies, "Very good then. Well why don't we all enjoy dinner then." Anna is satisfied to see that once Celestine takes her place at the table, she seems more herself. She smiles with bright eyes and digs into her food like she had been starving herself for days.

(OOC: Unless Anna wishes to pursue anything, I am happy to move this to the end of their dinner)
    Anna enjoys dinner and tries to pretend tk herself to pretend it’s just a normal outing with her family, that she’s not a monster. Of course, the insistent Thirst makes that not entirely possible. Still, she has enough practice by this point that she can temporarily push it to the side enough to act normal.

At the end of the meal, she makes a effort to pay but relents and lets her uncle pick up the tab, with a promise that she will treat them all next time.

Spoiler
    Show
    ok to move on, Anna is going hunting but will make sure the family is settled first, where ever they end up going.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl considers, "It should not be too difficult to arrange a hit to their reputation. Made to measure you say? I bet we can show his templates are based on the work of others. Get that information to the right critics and they'll do the rest."

"What did you have in mind for the major boon?"