New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (IC III) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Karl answers, "I believe that Gabriel should make that choice. But I would perhaps suggest at least leaving us be for the first step, which is simply draining him past the point of death. Perhaps he would not mind if you observe the rest, once he is gone?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rolled two successes on that int+occult roll in OOC
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna’s hand came up, quick as lightning, and choked off the ganger’s air supply. She leaned in close, fangs bared, and growled, an unnatural, predatory sound.

“I knew you would beg for death, but I didn’t know it would be so soon,” she said, “you will never hurt anyone again.”

She drew back and punched him in the stomach, hard, then replaced the gag and went to find Karl. She wanted to watch this ganger die right in front of her, now she was going to insist on it.

She returned upstairs to find Aisling standing at the locked door.

“Gabe, I just want you to know if you don’t finish this guy off, I will, so don’t worry about it, just let the Beast take over your first time,” Anna said, “you’ll be fine.”

Spoiler
    Show
    lashing out, if it matters: str+bp: (3d10)[10][9][9](28)
    Brawl: (5d10)[8][5][1][9][8](31)
    10 again: (5d10)[6][8][2][2][9](27)
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Anna’s hand came up, quick as lightning, and choked off the ganger’s air supply. She leaned in close, fangs bared, and growled, an unnatural, predatory sound.

“I knew you would beg for death, but I didn’t know it would be so soon,” she said, “you will never hurt anyone again.”
    The boy's eyes go wide with fright, and a high pitched wine-shriek trickles uninvited out of his O-shaped mouth. It takes him a moment before his body starts responding, when he starts kicking with his legs to get away and fighting against his bonds.

Anna's punch hits him hard in the gut, immediately doubling him over and knocking the wind out of him. As he struggles to start breathing again, Anna places the duct tape back over his mouth. The Beast enjoyed the sadism, but is not sated, begging Anna to do more, to draw blood and to kill.

************************************************** *****************************

Gabe's face tightens. "I'm sorry Aisling," the ghoul says with hesitant seriousness, "I... I would kinda prefer to, well to do this privately." His hands dart into the pockets of his pants and he adds pathetically, "I hope you understand."

A frustrated scowl wrinkles its way across the Gangrel's face. A growl stifles in her throat before she replies, "I understand." Aisling's face withdraws from the crack in the door, before it is slammed closed.

Gabe shoots Karl a look that says, Yikes! After a moment's pause he says aloud, "Well, how do we begin?"

(OOC: Roll results in the OOC thread)

She [Anna] returned upstairs to find Aisling standing at the locked door.

“Gabe, I just want you to know if you don’t finish this guy off, I will, so don’t worry about it, just let the Beast take over your first time,” Anna said, “you’ll be fine.”
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl sighs and rubs his face, "She'll be sulking for a while from the looks of it. No matter."

When Anna comes to the door the Mekhet tells her, "Speaking of that one, could you bring him up here in a few minutes? Probably best if the fledgling does not have far to look."

Whenever they have privacy again, Karl turns back to Gabriel, "Sit down, and just try to relax. This will be over soon enough." He leans in, and without further preamble sinks his fangs into Gabe's neck, beginning to drink deep.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: We can let Anna reply in any form of time warp if TC so desires)

Gabe sits down on the bed, sitting stiffly upright, his hands clenched into fists in his lap.

Karl sinks his teeth into his Ghoul, causing the man to go rigid for a moment, before sinking into the relief of The Kiss; the relief of slipping into Death.

(OOC: So has Karl ever drunk from Gabe before? We will assume Karl fills up in his draining of Gabe, but how much Vitae is he going to give back. Assuming Karl goes through with this, he will also lose a point of Humanity as per the rulebook)
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl keeps drinking, feeling the heartbeat begin to flutter and weaken, and finally cease.

He had no desire to risk waiting, so Karl quickly slices open a wrist and begins forcing vitae into Gabriel's slack mouth, pumping out the viscous fluid.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Given the length of their relationship, I think the answer would be yes Karl has on occasion fed on Gabe, but only when there was need and a lack of other sources. I think I'll go ahead and give him 3 points of vitae. give him some cushion without draining myself to the point of being hungry again as well.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Karl drinks and drinks, taking in the Ghoul's life as his heartbeat hastens faster and faster. With every beat comes a greater sense of knowing the man, as the vampire consumes him. The sweet life force is seasoned with memories, emotions, personality, coming in stronger and stronger the farther Karl goes in consuming his friend. Gabe's heartbeat begins to beat so rapidly that it is more like a constant desperate flutter, than a paced out rhythm, as he collapses in Karl's arms to be laid across the bed.

Karl continues to feed, taking more and more of the man, perhaps consuming Gabe's soul. The final rush brings complete satisfaction, however temporary. Gabe's blood spreads through Karl's dead body, bringing warm life into every cell till it feels like the vampire's entire body is warmed with it. Pulling back, Karl sees his friend collapsed on the bed, more ashen and cold than he had ever seen him, even at the worst of the man's battles with cancer. He was not breathing, and even though Karl knew this would happen, it still brings a terror and a fascination that the Mekhet had not expected. Gabe was dead. Karl had killed him. Karl had taken every last bit of the man's life into his body. It felt like Gabe would permanently be a part of Karl for the rest of his unlife, and like Karl knew and understood the man better than he ever had.

Then it was time to give back life. Karl moved as if on autopilot, slashing his wrist open with a fang without even registering the sharpness and the pain. He forced the wound between Gabe's now cold unmoving lips and willed the Vitae to begin to flow. It was more by feel than by sight, but Karl observed as the blood seemed to crawl its way into Gabe, forcing itself down the man's throat, invading his dying tissues. The vampire waited, forcing more and more of the stolen life back into his friend, waiting for the man to arise.

But even when Karl withdrew, knowing he had given his friend more than enough, Gabe did not startle. Karl sat beside the corpse. Gabe's dead eyes remained open, staring blankly into the beyond. Thirty seconds trickled by, then a minute; an eternity perhaps. Karl watched as nothing happened.

And then the change began, transformations in the flesh so subtle that Karl was not sure if he was imagining them. Gabe's cold pale skin took on a sheen, as if the cells of the man's skin were being replaced with an artificial but near perfect replica. Small blemishes on Gabe's face and burst vessels seemed to fade and resolve themselves. The man's eye's fluttered, then he inhaled to allow himself to moan; low, guttural, inhuman. Gabe's eyes were like shadows now, the light seemed to avoid the man's face in the way it did with Anna and with Karl himself. The man's hands balled up into fists, unknowingly gathering up the bed sheets, as he drunkenly struggled to rise.

(OOC: Karl's humanity is now dropped to 4. Karl's Blood pool is updated to 7/10)
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

"Couldn't have turned him in the basement..." Anna muttered quietly enough so only Aisling could here.

"Come on Aisling, I might need help dragging him up the steps," Anna said leading the way to the basement.

"Okay, 'homie'," Anna said as she descended the steps, "time's up."
    She lines up and kicks him a few times in the abdomen until he's unconscious, then uncuffs him, removing him from the pole, recuffs him, and brings him upstairs outside of Karl's room.

Spoiler
    Show
    let me know if I need to roll the brawl, but really this is just to make sure he can't try and run, and it's only non-lethal (bashing) damage.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2020-10-19 at 03:38 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: No, I'm not going to make your roll for that)

Anna kicks him once, then twice, then a third time to the sound of cracking ribs. He keels over in so much pain his legs come up in a seated fetal position, screaming and moaning into the duct tape over his mouth. The beast revels in the brutality of the act, begging Anna to give him more, to kick him till he is nothing more than ruined flesh and gristle. And wouldn't the bastard deserve it after what he did to Katie? He offers no resistance as Anna and Aisling carry him upstairs.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl watches with interest as Gabriel reanimates. He had only seen this process a few times before, and it had never been at his hand. Reaching out, he gently helped Gabriel reach a sitting position, "Welcome back. You will feel better after you feed. When you can stand, come this way." Karl leads the fledgling towards the door.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Ugh," Gabe moans, his attention slowly falling on Karl with his new raven's eyes, finally adding, "I feel like absolute ****." He tries to offer Karl a smirk, but the expression is cold and bestial. He moans again. "I feel like my insides are eating themselves,"

Gabe growls as he stumbles up to his feet, his hands reaching instinctively to his chest, "I'm so... hungry." The man's body tenses for a moment like a predator about to strike. His eyes going completely blank, lips pulling back in a terrible and familiar mask. He starts to lunge for Karl, but stops himself, both arms reaching out frozen in a near comical gesture. The animalistic expression gets replaced with one of near terror. Gabe curses, then suddenly wracked with pain, drops to his knees. He shudders and shudders before wretching up a puddle of bile.

(OOC: Gabe just barely resists Frenzy on his last dice)
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna knocked on the door.

"It sounds like you're ready, we're coming in," Anna said.

She turned the knob and, along with Aisling, carried the near-unconscious ganger into the room and deposited him on the floor.

"You look terrible Gabe. Drink up, you'll feel better, and then we can celebrate," Anna said.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl watches the fledgling warily, this was a dangerous moment, and it looked like Gabe nearly lost control there. As Anna arrives with the prisoner, he nods in thanks and some relief. "There he is Gabriel, try to temper the feeding with patience, but your body knows what to do."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The gangster stumbles onto his knees beside the still retching Gabe. Still gagged, the boy moans softly, perhaps in too much pain to fight anymore. Gabe looks up wet pile of yellow bile that his body has rejected, his eyes suddenly fixing on the mortal. The Kindred in the room can easily recognize the primal urges now glowing in Gabe's dark eyes as hunger and instinct take over. Nearby, Aisling coos from her kneeling position as she watches the Fledgeling with delighted interest. A hungry grin spreads on her impish face.

Gabe falls upon the restrained boy, knocking him onto his side before bringing mouth to throat. Perhaps it is old habits dying hard, or perhaps his fangs have not fully grown in, as Gabe seems to bite and chew at the now screaming gangster. A low and bestial growl rises in Gabe's throat as he attacks. He seems to struggle to find a vessel, or perhaps the action is intentional, as he leaves rounded double bite marks over and over again in the soft of the kid's neck, creating trickling pools of blood that begin to comingle with the sticky yellow vomit.

Finally, mercifully, Gabe seems to find a stream to feed from, clamping his mouth tight as he instinctively pulls the boy towards him. Gabe feeds and feeds and feeds.

(OOC: Anyone gonna stop him from killing?)
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl sits down and sighs, he had a childe now, at the cost of his oldest friend's life. Gabriel had wanted to live, and now he was gnawing at the neck of some grubby already half dead gang member. Hopefully his partner would not be too disappointed in his new existence. He waits as Gabriel finishes off the human. It would be easier to instill respect for the need to control his instincts with a death to point to, and the prisoner had to die anyways.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Anna watched as Gabe fumbled around. Had she ever been so clumsy? She let him drink his fill. The more he drank now, the more reasonable he’d be later in the evening.
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Without interruption, Gabe fed and fed till there was nothing left within the poor kid. Pushing backwards, Gabe let go of the gangster's lifeless body, falling into a seated position. His still glazed eyes stared intently at the corpse he had drained, and cursed under his breath. "Well... that was better," Gabe said softly, his words almost slightly slurred.

"Well done," Aisling purred, moving to sit beside Karl, and wrapping a cold arm around his shoulders.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna seems almost physically aroused as she watches Gabe drain the ganger to death. It wasn't her that was doing it, but she seemed almost to live vicariously through the fledgling vampire as he popped his feeding and murder cherry.

When he was done and sat back, she walked over and squatted next to him to look him in the eye.

"Now you're one of us," she said, smiling, fangs fully extended.

She reached out and pulled him into a tight hug, a gesture she never would have done while he was a ghoul.
    "I'm so proud of you," she whispered, "and I know you'll make Karl proud too."
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl says slowly, "So, you've killed for sustenance. You've felt the beast within. It will always be with you, so learn to deal with it. I doubt this was enough to fill you up, so this remains a good time to teach you to hunt without killing. Whenever you are ready, lets stow the body and get going."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-10-21 at 06:51 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Now you're one of us," she said, smiling, fangs fully extended.

She reached out and pulled him into a tight hug, a gesture she never would have done while he was a ghoul.
    "I'm so proud of you," she whispered, "and I know you'll make Karl proud too."
    Gabe does not fall into Anna's embrace, but he does allow his head rest for a second on her shoulder. His flesh is still warm like a mortal's, maybe from the feeding, or maybe simply from being so recently embraced. "Thanks," he says weakly.

Karl says slowly, "So, you've killed for sustenance. You've felt the beast within. It will always be with you, so learn to deal with it. I doubt this was enough to fill you up, so this remains a good time to teach you to hunt without killing. Whenever you are ready, lets stow the body and get going."
    The newly embraced fledgeling looks up at his sire, raven's eyes dead and vampiric. But instead of rising to Karl's summons, Gabe stays in Anna's hug and mutters, "I think I still need a little more time." There is the sudden wet sound of a mortal passing gas and Gabe moans clutching his stomach. "I think I am going to need to give up my dinner," he says with embarrassment, "go take care of the body and hopefully I will be ready soon." Karl's mind flashes back to his Embrace; the terrible sensations of dying, and his body ridding itself of digested contents in one final grand finale. Gabe doubles over with discomfort, a squishing rumbling noise audible to all in the room.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl grimaces, "Oh right, I'm afraid this next part will not be pleasant, your body is about to purge what's left of your last few meals. I suggest making for the bathroom and possibly stripping."

He turns his attention to the body, "This one needs to disappear without any trace. Disposal at sea is reliable enough if done right. Remove enough of the teeth to prevent identification that way, weigh the body down with a few rocks and metal mesh and drop it in the sea, and the fish will do the rest. Before long the metal will oxidize as well and it will be just another skeleton lying around in pieces." He rubs his chin, "Only catch is taking a boat out at night is highly suspicious, and Gabriel is no longer able to do so during the day. Any suggestions? "

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“I’m gonna buy a yacht, and a jet too,” Anna said, “I’m sure we could use them for something. For this one... think we could dissolve it in acid?”

“If you’re set on the boat I’m sure we could just steal one, obfuscate both us and the body until we’re on board,” she said.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Getting away with stealing a boat isn't the issue, the issue is the coast guard. We'd have to head out a fair distance to be sure the body isn't found by random divers, and they watch those waters for any suspicious craft. That is a primary route for drug smuggling after all. Even if we hide from them on the boat, getting away and back to shore could prove problematic if the boat is detected." He continues, "Acid could work, unfortunately I don't think either of us has access to a sufficient supply, it takes gallons, and not the weak stuff that can be obtained in a typical store either."

He looks thoughtful, "It might be safest just to store him for a few days, wait until we can arrange something and the police aren't looking quite as hard. Don't want him stinking up the place of course. We could drain whatever little amount of blood is left, and stuff him in a barrel, oil drum or something similar and fill around with rock salt. That should be simple enough to arrange, and it would make it easier to transport him without suspicion."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-10-25 at 09:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna took a few steps back from the fledgling.

“Yeah, but it’s the last time you’ll ever have to do that,” Anna said to Gabe, “so, just keep that in mind.”

“Sounds good to me,” Anna said to Karl, “something we can seal, and then we can figure out a way to dump it later. Couldn’t we also break into a crematorium?”
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl thinks for a moment, "A crematorium might be a possibility. I don't know much about what kind of security they have, it might be a rather difficult task to get in and out without leaving proof that someone at least was burning an extra body. I'll want at least a few days to come up with a plan there, so we're back to storing this guy."

"Think you can go get the supplies while I prep this one? Any sealable container with at least four cubic feet of space should do. A standard size oil drum would be just about perfect, wouldn't even need to cut him up for that. And then a bunch of road salt or sand to draw out the remaining moisture and prevent rot. They sell big heavy bags of it at a lot of home improvement stores."

If this was the path they were taking, while Gabriel was incapacitated, Karl would lug the body back down to the basement and proceed to drain it of whatever little amount of blood was still within, and remove the teeth.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-10-27 at 02:25 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Yeah, I’ll see if I can find everything we need,” Anna said, “here’s his phone, I turned it off last night.”

She handed it to Karl.

She checked her appearance to make sure she was presentable, then headed out
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Aisling appears from the shadows, a playful grin on her young face. "This sounds like fun," she says with a giggle, "any chance I can help?"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl blinks, then nods, "Yes, you ought to learn something about hiding your tracks in this age. Those who enforce the law have tools that make it quite difficult to hide crimes from them. If at all possible, it is best to make sure none suspect that a crime happened at all, so they do not become involved. But failing that, disguising it such that it looks like events happened in a different way is usually the best course of action. We will make sure that it looks like this one ran off and disappeared. If we ensure they never find his body, they'll never know for sure that he's dead. Now, I assume you have dressed an animal before? This is not very different, we begin by..."

The mekhet goes over the basics of disposing of a body and eliminating evidence as they work.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-10-28 at 03:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Anna departed quickly. She wanted to try and find out some more about the Dark one, but she couldn’t do it while there was a body hanging about.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As Anna steps away her phone pings with an email from Katie. It reads, "I'm back home. Spent the day in the hospital. I hope Mom isn't being too hard on you. She told me you are the one who found me. She's grateful... she's just really upset by everything. I'm going to need a lot of time to recover... but I think I need to get away from my parents. Is there any chance you can take me in for a little bit? No pressure. I don't want to be burden. You've already done so much for me."

Karl finishes his education of Aisling, whom he tasks with "taking care" of the gangster's corpse. He and Anna come back upstairs to find Gabe standing naked in the bathroom. The water is running hot in the bathtub, but the stench of mortal excretions wafts heavily, blended with the citrus stench of scented soap. The Fledgeling tosses his damp hair back, and looking a bit more invigorated says with a grin, "Sorry for the mess. I... I think I'm done now. Give me a minute to get dressed?"
    Show