New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default [Pathfinder 1e / Living World] Babel

Name: World of Babel
    System: Pathfinder 1e. We also make use of 3pp systems, particularly the Spheres systems, mythic, and more recently, Path of War.
    Players: A little over 200.
    Staff: 27 staff members, which includes gms who run live sessions, play by post, lore writers, and moderators. We are always looking for new staff members to run sessions and write lore.
    Time: Varies. You will generally be pinged when a session is on its way. The majority of our gms are EST for their timezone, but we also have some new gms from European timezones.
    Platform: Generally we host sessions on Roll 20 and play by post sessions on discord itself. We also use Enjin for applications and mythweavers for our character sheets.
    Current Highest Level: 18
    Description: A world waiting to be explored!

Join adventurers in uncovering the mysteries left behind by an ancient civilization centered around technology, and explore towers representing the different schools of magic in your quest to save the world! Or do something less taxing, start a farm, form an order of knights, or work alongside an adventurer's guild. A world of possibilities, magic, and powerful monsters awaits!

We use both the Mythic system and 3.5's gestalt system, as well as Spheres of Power and Path of War. In fact, we actually have some of the authors from the Spheres system working closely with us on implementing their content into our game. We are a relatively high powered game, but encourage a certain level of restraint from our players. The primary thing we look for when making rulings is whether or not the enjoyment of players was impacted in a significant way. That is our philosophy, and our priority is, and always will be, keeping the game fun.

Note: We are in the progress of adding kingdom building.

Link: https://discord.gg/2GUSBXK

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder 1e / Living World] Babel

That sounds interesting! I assume the game has low opt-in? So if you can just hop in to play that's all you really need to do?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Yup, you are free to join sessions at times that work for you. You aren't committed to a long term story or anything like that.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

So it's a blend of play by post and real time? Can you join just for one or the other? Like I don't often have time for real time voice chat, but it sounds very fun for PbP

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I was going to update this, but I didn't have an account here yet, and I cannot use links until I have 10 genuine posts. This place is still around. I think the discord link is still valid, but here is a copy/paste of a newer version of the ad, since the fellow above hasn't replied or updated this one in years: I don't really come on here much, personally, so if you have more questions, you'd be better off joining the discord to ask them. If that link doesn't work for you, my discord tag is 'tharoc'.

Otherwise, googling 'World of Babel' for pathfinder, disboard, or otherwise, will likely get you to this information as well.

'roll20' tends to be real-time, though our text channel 'encounters' can be real-time as well. Play-by-post is doable freely for RP between players, or if a staff member wishes to run a play-by-post. As for opt-in, you need to make a character by our rules, and be 'approved for play', but beyond that, its signing up when a session/encounter becomes available, if you wish to play in one. Again, rping is freely do-able as you wish, outside of said sessioning. You will not gain gold, xp, or otherwise, generally, from general player interaction. You also do not need to be 'approved for play' past that first character, to RP any 'character ideas' you have later on, you just cannot play them on sessions if they aren't approved. Your first character is how you get access to the server.

Name: World of Babel
    System: Pathfinder 1e. We also make use of 3pp systems, particularly the Spheres systems, Mythic, Path of War, Akashic Mysteries, Psionics, and Pact Magic. We are also a Gestalt server.
    Players: A little over 100.
    Staff: ~20 staff members, which includes gms who run live sessions, play by post, lore writers, and moderators. We are always looking for new staff members to run sessions and write lore.
    Time: Varies. You will generally be pinged when a session is on its way. The majority of our gms use EST.
    Platforms: Generally we host sessions on Roll 20 and play by post sessions on discord itself via text channels. We also use discord channels for application threads and mythweavers for our character sheets.
    Current Highest Level: 28. We have our own Epic system with custom content.
    Description: The tides of Time continue to break upon the shores of Chronus, a world of Sparkholders, magic, and martial prowess. We have a War brewing among the Merovingian Mountains, Old Civilizations being slowly unearthed from eons old cataclysms. Blood attracts Blood, as a disease borne of negligence brews both from this world, and beyond it. Hunger pangs from dark corners of the outer continents, while others taste freedom. Nonetheless, you may not be an adventurer, a hero, or even a citizen of a kingdom borne of flame and anguish... but you could be. And you still can. Would you cleanse the hearts and blood of a fallen people? Celebrate with those who wish for your happiness? Do you wish to burn with the Lion, or cause the fall of his Pride?

Please note, while we are not an NSFW server, we are an 18+ server.
    Last edited by tharoc; 2024-02-13 at 04:43 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Closed for Necromancy. [/B]
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2