New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto X: Honestly it should be Boruto but, you know, name recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Now the question is: Can Baryon Mode be used in conjunction with Sage Mode or would that just be more raw materials for Baryonn Mode Energy?
    Well given that natural energy is just another type of chakra, it probably would just be more fuel for the fusion fire, I'd say. I don't see any particular logical reason why they'd be combined.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto X: Honestly it should be Boruto but, you know, name recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Well given that natural energy is just another type of chakra, it probably would just be more fuel for the fusion fire, I'd say. I don't see any particular logical reason why they'd be combined.
    Most likely not impossible, most likely improbable for it is very hard to do.

• Something something Aristotle in his Poetics in narrative drama, something something that I have forgot.
    • A ranting looney Sam Seaborn character from West Wing talking about Aristotle when he is surprised by the new narrative development of his story.
    • Me being Donna enjoying my cake, and offering the cake to Sam and Naruto fans.

DONNA: It's cake! It's c-a-k-e.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Something new happened in the December’s chapter, does anyone have thoughts?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground

I do!

I just... posted them in the wrong thread >_<

they're here now!

New Boruto!

Spoiler
    Show
    Kawaki... genuinely just outsmarts the evil moon rabbit in a legitimately very good scene. **** yeah!

Boruto than reveals he has been Momoshiki for AWHILE and just ****ing takes out Sasuke's Rinnegan in one shot, improving the series substantially.

god I can't wait for kishimoto to ruin this good will the manga has instilled in me.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I do!

I just... posted them in the wrong thread >_<

they're here now!

New Boruto!

Spoiler
    Show
    Kawaki... genuinely just outsmarts the evil moon rabbit in a legitimately very good scene. **** yeah!

Boruto than reveals he has been Momoshiki for AWHILE and just ****ing takes out Sasuke's Rinnegan in one shot, improving the series substantially.

god I can't wait for kishimoto to ruin this good will the manga has instilled in me.
    So about power levels, in other words a nonsense discussion.

Spoiler
    Show

Sasuke with a single sharingan eye is what power level? Okay his rinnegan eye was the one who did Amaterasu, while his eye he still possess can shape the flames but he can not generate the flames. Can he do Susanoo? But is Susanoo useful against the main villains?

So is Sasuke kage level, above them below them? It doesn't really matter for he will be whatever power level the plot demands but I am curious on opinions. Could Sasuke beat a healthy Kakashi in his prime without Sharingan with Kakashi?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Thinking about how it has been 5 years of Boruto and there has been only 2 important developments in 5 FULL years. The rest of it has been filler and slow boil.

5 years!

For Comparison, the movie of Boruto came out August 2015, in that same week MHA is was on chapter 53 and in that chapter we had the Hero Killer Arc where Shoto had engage in the fight making it 3 vs Stain.

5 years! Nothing happened, sorry that is hyperbole, 2 things happened!

Next Boruto chapter comes out sometime this week

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Thinking about how it has been 5 years of Boruto and there has been only 2 important developments in 5 FULL years. The rest of it has been filler and slow boil.

5 years!

For Comparison, the movie of Boruto came out August 2015, in that same week MHA is was on chapter 53 and in that chapter we had the Hero Killer Arc where Shoto had engage in the fight making it 3 vs Stain.

5 years! Nothing happened, sorry that is hyperbole, 2 things happened!

Next Boruto chapter comes out sometime this week
    Unfortunately yeah, Boruto seems like an unplanned fan fic of Naruto's life after the canon series: a bunch of things only there for nostalgia or are slice of life stuff or just comedy, with very little direction about how to advance anything or where the author is going with this, it has a few ideas that seem cool but aren't explored enough because they are resolved too quickly. like say the Shinobi Gauntlet. something like this should y'know rightly be something that everyone is wanting to get their hands on and an example of how the new generation surpasses the previous, no matter how much Naruto the Hard Worker says otherwise or how useless it was against a single guy with an ability to counter it, like Naruto denouncing it should NOT have been the last word on that but apparently all the new tech to help defend the world against literal godlike aliens is in the hands of an Evil organization called Kara now, because only EVIL people would think advances in technology are good to use. Ugh.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

New Chapter 3 weeks ago that we did not talk about at the time, and another new chapter that comes out in 9 days.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/boruto

And we get plot mechanics development where we understand better when A causes B and what the limits of the characters are.

Spoiler: So with the Loss of X
    Show

So with the Loss of the Rinnegan, does it really matter when Isshiki (now dead) is the new power level?

Isshiki pulling a Rock Lee is able to bypass a Susanoo or a Kyuubi mode. We already know a 6th tails Kyuubi can defeat a Pain level Chibi Tensai. Now Sasuke pulled out 9 Chibaku Tensei including blocking the 8th tails and half of the 9 tails, but does that really matter?

Are we at a more insane power level or a less power level with Isshiki off the board and we now have other characters like Boruto and Momoshiki being the likely antagonist? (plus what remains of Kara)

9. - Top - End - #69

New Chapter 3 weeks ago that we did not talk about at the time, and another new chapter that comes out in 9 days.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/boruto

And we get plot mechanics development where we understand better when A causes B and what the limits of the characters are.

Spoiler: So with the Loss of X
    Show

So with the Loss of the Rinnegan, does it really matter when Isshiki (now dead) is the new power level?

Isshiki pulling a Rock Lee is able to bypass a Susanoo or a Kyuubi mode. We already know a 6th tails Kyuubi can defeat a Pain level Chibi Tensai. Now Sasuke pulled out 9 Chibaku Tensei including blocking the 8th tails and half of the 9 tails, but does that really matter?

Are we at a more insane power level or a less power level with Isshiki off the board and we now have other characters like Boruto and Momoshiki being the likely antagonist? (plus what remains of Kara)
    I have no idea how to discuss power levels because I legit forget who Isshiki is.

Anyway I'm also 100% sure I posted about this chapter but I must have just... forgotten, or dreamed it. Anyway good riddance to eyeball, Boruto now has to worry about the rabbit inside of him but we know a weakness (he can't take over as long as Boruto's chakra is strong, and you can bust his horns to push the USB out of alignment) and also rip Naruto.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Isshiki is the rabbit clan partner of Kaguyi, who was puppeting a human yet was ultrapowerful despite he was not at the full power. He is the guy who formed Kara.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Took a bit of effort to complete, but that should do:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by gooddragon1; 2021-02-14 at 12:48 AM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

12. - Top - End - #72

New Boruto chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

Ooops they only put in the bad ideas again. .I'm so glad Kishimoto is back in charge. Soon Sarada will get to Do Nothing, as rightfully intended.

Also I'm pretty sure Kurama outright said that "they would die", as in both of them. **** off Kishimoto with your "I didn't tell you the whoooole truth" nonsense.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

I liked this chapter. But maybe it has to do with me not liking demigod-aliens as the antagonist. One can not sympathize when one can not empathize, and a hungry ghost / asura / deva hybrid is just not interesting as an alien protagonist.

Now Orochimaru on the other hand is interesting for he is all those things and thus feels very human.

In sum the demigod-aliens are merely obstacles to be overcome, they are not interesting, they are just “there.”

14. - Top - End - #74

I liked this chapter. But maybe it has to do with me not liking demigod-aliens as the antagonist. One can not sympathize when one can not empathize, and a hungry ghost / asura / deva hybrid is just not interesting as an alien protagonist.

Now Orochimaru on the other hand is interesting for he is all those things and thus feels very human.

In sum the demigod-aliens are merely obstacles to be overcome, they are not interesting, they are just “there.”
    You're genuinely kidding yourself if you think Code is going to be anything interesting, especially after they chickened out on Naruto actually dying.

Like, we know from chapter one that Naruto DOES DIE, they should stop dragging it out.

The other issue is that Boruto, from Chapter 1, has very much been a mystery of "how do we get to this point" and the more we introduce things not related TO THAT, the worse it gets.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

I am sympathetic of a loser full of envy being the main villain either for now as a single arc or a long term villain. It is an inversion of Naruto and Sasuke much like the Red Lotus was like the Aang Gang.

Am I regaining hope with Boruto? The answer is no, I have complained several times that Boruto has had “years” to develop a story and still has done nothing. In the 6 and a half years of Boruto its parent manga did over 300 chapters, going from Issue 1 to Part 2 / Shippuden where Naruto is depressed for he just confronted Sasuke in the Orochimaru’s hideout, Sasuke effortlessly defeats the team, and Orochimaru begs for Naruto’s life reasoning Naruto and company are strong enough to defeat the rival Akatsuki duos which may be a problem for Sasuke and Orochimaru.

16. - Top - End - #76

You're genuinely kidding yourself if you think Code is going to be anything interesting, especially after they chickened out on Naruto actually dying.

Like, we know from chapter one that Naruto DOES DIE, they should stop dragging it out.

The other issue is that Boruto, from Chapter 1, has very much been a mystery of "how do we get to this point" and the more we introduce things not related TO THAT, the worse it gets.
    I mean, technically they don't actually say that Naruto's dead, just that he's not there. Could be missing. Could be sealed away. Could have been captured by the bad guys and locked inside a giant Scientific Ninja Tool to use his godlike reserves of chakra as a power source.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #77

I am sympathetic of a loser full of envy being the main villain either for now as a single arc or a long term villain. It is an inversion of Naruto and Sasuke much like the Red Lotus was like the Aang Gang.

Am I regaining hope with Boruto? The answer is no, I have complained several times that Boruto has had “years” to develop a story and still has done nothing. In the 6 and a half years of Boruto its parent manga did over 300 chapters, going from Issue 1 to Part 2 / Shippuden where Naruto is depressed for he just confronted Sasuke in the Orochimaru’s hideout, Sasuke effortlessly defeats the team, and Orochimaru begs for Naruto’s life reasoning Naruto and company are strong enough to defeat the rival Akatsuki duos which may be a problem for Sasuke and Orochimaru.
    I suppose that's true, but it raises the question of... what can he DO, exactly, if he's a failure?

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I mean, technically they don't actually say that Naruto's dead, just that he's not there. Could be missing. Could be sealed away. Could have been captured by the bad guys and locked inside a giant Scientific Ninja Tool to use his godlike reserves of chakra as a power source.
    All of these are fairly valid except for the last, since Kurama is dead so he's... severely weakened.

I just think it's a total cop out.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Kishimoto chickening out on killing one of his characters? The devil you say!

*laughs in Sasuke, Choji, Neji*, Gaara, Kakashi, Hinata..."

*well, once at least.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

You may as well add Kurama to that list too; it's been pretty well established that when Tailed Beasts "die" they just reform somewhere else an indeterminate amount of time later anyway.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    You may as well add Kurama to that list too; it's been pretty well established that when Tailed Beasts "die" they just reform somewhere else an indeterminate amount of time later anyway.
    pretty much. its basically pointless to fight tailed beasts unless you have a very strong seal or can vacuum them up into chakra like an otsutsuki. even if you won and killed it, which is highly improbable, the tailed beast would be back for revenge sooner or later and it'd probably take more than one ninja to do, and too many lives would be lost in the process of fighting one conventionally. there is a reason why we never had a tailed beast fight versus humans in the series, because it'd be nothing but desperate ploy after desperate ploy to buy time until someone can seal them up again. so basically a DBZ fight, but instead of awesome scenes of Goku fighting someone it'd just be them doing the Death Reaper Seal or something again.

21. - Top - End - #81

Was Kurama killed by using BaryonMode too long?

Becuase Baryon Mode consumes your chakra, your enemies chakra, and the chakra around you for use as fuel in what is explicitly compared to a Fuson Reaction: Tailed BEasts can't be killed becuase their chakra will just disperse and reform elsewhere and while they are self-sustaining and able to make more chakra Ex Nilo they aren't literally infinite in power.

If Kurama was killed by having all of his chakra consumed to fuel Baryon Mode then he might just be gone.

Unless there are still traces of his chakra elsewhere to serve as a seed, that is. Theoretically, if Naruto lives long enough Kurama might reform in him from traces bonding to the Kurama chakra in his body... Or might just inherit all of Kurama's power without the Kurama mind.

...Or, considering that Boruto and Himawari have whisker marks, and judging from Naruto's example that whisker marks come from pre-natal exposure to Kurama's chakra if Naruto does die one or both of them could get Kurama's chakra in a few years.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Baryon Mode is a possibility of true tailed beast death....but those are possibilities of bringing him back. tailed beasts are insanely resilient like that.

another possible way of "killing" a tailed beast would be to somehow tamper with their mind until it causes a death of personality/loss of identity, but thats not real relevant in this case.