New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto X: Honestly it should be Boruto but, you know, name recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Yanagi View Post
    I liked the jauntily tilted forehead protector.
    His hair suggests he used to be a protagonist but got it cut when he lost the title. (Its spiky but short)
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Naruto X: Honestly it should be Boruto but, you know, name recognition

The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Raise thread! [wiggles fingers]
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #33

I suppose since the thread is resurrected I need to talk about it; new chapter!

Naruto activates Kaioken and is Going To Die, but every hit shaves life off of Jeigan (I think I forget the villain's name). It appears as if Naruto is going to win! But then... the stupid happens.

It turns out Naruto, who needs every single scrap of chakra to beat this guy, did not turn off the link to Kawaki's artificial arm, draining him and also allowing Jeigan to find Kawaki and space-time jutsu him over so the bad guys can win this fight. Naruto is going to die in a very kinda stupid way and I. Am. Here for it!

And also we got news that since Samurai 8 sucked so bad it managed to get CANCELLED, Kishimoto is... returning to his roots and will be taking over writing for Boruto. So say goodbye to what characterization and development that Sarada had I guess- just in time for the dumb eyeball stuff to fully become the plot, too.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Does his best Orochimaru and screams, "Reaper Death Seal Release" followed by Edo Tensei

-----

So new chapters have dropped since last time we spoke. But also brand-new NEWS, we are going to recruit the souls of the living and bring back Masashi Kishimoto, author of Naruto, as the lead writer for Boruto. He is only 46 and has been working on Naruto products since 1999, thus 21 years.

I will let LaZodiac tell me how good or bad Samurai 8: The Tale of Hachimaru was, the spin off different work he wrote on after Naruto (he was just the writter and not the artist so his work duties were less.) It only lasted 10 months prior to being canceled and quickly finished. That was in March 2020, so I guess returning to his old thing is his new thing.

I guess there is a Hokage reference her somewhere but which Hokage would Kishimoto would be?
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Does his best Orochimaru and screams, "Reaper Death Seal Release" followed by Edo Tensei

-----

So new chapters have dropped since last time we spoke. But also brand-new NEWS, we are going to recruit the souls of the living and bring back Masashi Kishimoto, author of Naruto, as the lead writer for Boruto. He is only 46 and has been working on Naruto products since 1999, thus 21 years.

I will let LaZodiac tell me how good or bad Samurai 8: The Tale of Hachimaru was, the spin off different work he wrote on after Naruto (he was just the writter and not the artist so his work duties were less.) It only lasted 10 months prior to being canceled and quickly finished. That was in March 2020, so I guess returning to his old thing is his new thing.

I guess there is a Hokage reference her somewhere but which Hokage would Kishimoto would be?
    Logistically speaking he'd be Tsunade.

Anyway the issue with Samurai 8 was that, you know how Naruto in the later years had a LOT of exposition about how things worked, and it was... not good, but was endurable because there had been years of world building and being shown this stuff that it made a degree of sense and was kind of interesting?

What if you had that from chapter 1 onward with no backing, and all it's all coached in half-understood video game terms because the MMO the main character played was actually made purely to train our hero without him realizing and also none of this is interesting and the main character is legitimately transphobic on top of being sexist.

There's a lot more technical I could get into on why Samurai 8 was such a waste, but I'll put in these terms that I feel are just going to be more damning than anything else; Samurai 8 is a series about cyborg space samurai fighting with mecha animal companions and I, I, ZODI, who will enjoy basically ANYTHING that is a combination of those things, found it IMMEDIATELY BORING.

They made SPACE SAMURAI CYBORG MECHA BATTLE ANIME... BORING.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-11-23 at 12:57 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Anyway the issue with Samurai 8 was that, you know how Naruto in the later years had a LOT of exposition about how things worked, and it was... not good, but was endurable because there had been years of world building and being shown this stuff that it made a degree of sense and was kind of interesting?

What if you had that from chapter 1 onward with no backing, and all it's all coached in half-understood video game terms because the MMO the main character played was actually made purely to train our hero without him realizing and also none of this is interesting and the main character is legitimately transphobic on top of being sexist.

There's a lot more technical I could get into on why Samurai 8 was such a waste, but I'll put in these terms that I feel are just going to be more damning than anything else; Samurai 8 is a series about cyborg space samurai fighting with mecha animal companions and I, I, ZODI, who will enjoy basically ANYTHING that is a combination of those things, found it IMMEDIATELY BORING.

They made SPACE SAMURAI CYBORG MECHA BATTLE ANIME... BORING.
    Well that is unfortunate

Logistically speaking he'd be Tsunade.
    Hehe

Voice 1: Naruto is Finished! [Monologuing...]
    Voice 2: SHUT UP! I'll Kill You Later.
    In some ways Naruto 92/93/94/95/96 (manga 162 to 171) was the nadir, wait that is wrong word, Zenith of the Series.

-----

Seriously we are bring sub-atomic physics with Baryon mode into this Baryons are a thing bigger than quarks but are still subatomic, Protons and Neutrons are Baryons (as are other things), but Electrons are not Baryons. Most forms of Baryons are unstable so we do not see them in nature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baryon
    https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Baryon_Mode

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nobody:

The Nine-tailed Fox: let me tell you about ninja nuclear physics

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yanagi View Post
    Nobody:

The Nine-tailed Fox: let me tell you about ninja nuclear physics
    You mean the functions of his own body?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

9. - Top - End - #39

So I fell behind, what's this about ninja nuclear physics?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So I fell behind, what's this about ninja nuclear physics?
    No idea. Tailed beasts are the giant reactors of chakra who can blow up cities and provides lot of energy, one assumes they're the analogue as they've always been, if there is some new boruto thing that is it instead, then its hot off the presses.

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    No idea. Tailed beasts are the giant reactors of chakra who can blow up cities and provides lot of energy, one assumes they're the analogue as they've always been, if there is some new boruto thing that is it instead, then its hot off the presses.
    Okay, looking it up: Apparently, it's completly literal, Kurama explains a power-up Naruto pulls out of his ass in terms of nuclear physics, comparing it to a fusion reaction.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, looking it up: Apparently, it's completly literal, Kurama explains a power-up Naruto pulls out of his ass in terms of nuclear physics, comparing it to a fusion reaction.
    So Boruto Era knows of that science. well given the tech of the world, its not implausible that they'd have that science, its just never shown.

13. - Top - End - #43

So Boruto Era knows of that science. well given the tech of the world, its not implausible that they'd have that science, its just never shown.
    No, I mean...

Kurama. The big fox who pretty much just naps in Naruto's tummy or else snarks at him... Knows Nuclear physics.

Meaning one of two things: 1: Naruto studied nuclear physics at some point and Kurama learned it from him.

2: Nuclear physics has been a known thing since the time of the Sage of Six Paths and Kurama was either born knowing it or learned it sometime prior to everyone deciding "hey, you know those big god-beasts that Ninja-Jesus made to help preserve peace? Yeah, lets torture them and use them as weapons" While the rest of science and technology is nowhere near that level.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

No, I mean...

Kurama. The big fox who pretty much just naps in Naruto's tummy or else snarks at him... Knows Nuclear physics.

Meaning one of two things: 1: Naruto studied nuclear physics at some point and Kurama learned it from him.

2: Nuclear physics has been a known thing since the time of the Sage of Six Paths and Kurama was either born knowing it or learned it sometime prior to everyone deciding "hey, you know those big god-beasts that Ninja-Jesus made to help preserve peace? Yeah, lets torture them and use them as weapons" While the rest of science and technology is nowhere near that level.
    well y'know what they say, Occam's Razor: the simplest explanation is probably the correct one. Naruto studying nuclear physics is simpler than 2, because no matter how dumb Naruto is, he can still shadow clone his way through learning anything. but 2 raises a lot of unanswered sanity-challenging questions we don't have time to answer.

15. - Top - End - #45

well y'know what they say, Occam's Razor: the simplest explanation is probably the correct one. Naruto studying nuclear physics is simpler than 2, because no matter how dumb Naruto is, he can still shadow clone his way through learning anything. but 2 raises a lot of unanswered sanity-challenging questions we don't have time to answer.
    For people who've read the chapter: Is "Baryon Mode" a name they give it in the chapter or does Kurama say "oh, yeah, that's Baryon mode?"

Because "Baryons" are class of dense particles composed of three quarks, such as protons or neutrons, that are consumed as raw materials during nuclear fusion reactions.

If Baryon Mode is a pre-existing thing that Kurama could have done at any time but didn't then that would suggest that Kurama's knowledge of nuclear physics is likewise pre-existing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #46

For people who've read the chapter: Is "Baryon Mode" a name they give it in the chapter or does Kurama say "oh, yeah, that's Baryon mode?"

Because "Baryons" are class of dense particles composed of three quarks, such as protons or neutrons, that are consumed as raw materials during nuclear fusion reactions.

If Baryon Mode is a pre-existing thing that Kurama could have done at any time but didn't then that would suggest that Kurama's knowledge of nuclear physics is likewise pre-existing.
    Kyubi could have done it at any time, he knew about nuclear physics in advance.

Also Naruto has NO idea what he's trying to say when he tries to explain Baryon mode.

So yeah, Rater is right, and Kyubi is a nuclear physicist.

17. - Top - End - #47

Kyubi could have done it at any time, he knew about nuclear physics in advance.

Also Naruto has NO idea what he's trying to say when he tries to explain Baryon mode.

So yeah, Rater is right, and Kyubi is a nuclear physicist.
    The implications of this are...

For one, it implies that at some point people discovered nuclear physics well enough to understand subatomic particles and the process of fusion but then I guess the knowledge was lost(Naruto's not the most academic sort, but you'd think he'd have an idea of what "nuclear" meant if people were studying that.)

For two, it establishes that it's possible to consume chakra in order to make an energy that is more potent than the chakra consumed to make it.. Unless, of course, this is a power unique to Kurama, since it seems to be building on Kurama Mode.

Gyuki calls out Kurama for thinking that he's the strongest tailed beast, but it's been shown time and time again that Kurama's raw might dwarfs that of the other beasts and this might just be another example of it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm just amused by the idea that the demon fox was secretly Richard Feynman all along and it just hasn't come up because everyone was too busy getting murdered with chakra to ask him some physics questions.

His plans for a Large Sharingan Collider will go unrealized, alas....

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Boruto's whole thing for a while now has been Doing in the Wizard and explaining the Outsutuki clan as parasitic space aliens.

You know... after Naruto: the Last already revealed they had a magitech civilization on the moon.

Kurama knowing nuclear physics is not a surprise at this point. Naruto franchise has always had a weird undercurrent of science fantasy going on with it's mythical ninja bullcrap, now it's just at the front.

20. - Top - End - #50

I mean, the Otsusuki are never called "aliens," they're referred to as "celestial beings" and eating the elixirs they make from the Chakra Fruit explicitly imbues them with divinity.

Honestly, it's just that normally when Chakra stuff comes up it tends to be explained more... Alchemically if you will. Mix this thing and this thing together to get this thing, which can be mixed with this thing to get that thing, but oh it's not enough to just have this stuff, you've gotta do special training and be physically and spiritually healthy and improve yourself to improve the quantity, quality, and potency of your this thing and that thing, and if you're a direct blood descendant of these two guys and you of all their descendant's act or experience the most in common with them then you'll get some of their stuff added to yours and if you somehow mix their stuff together then that's when things get interesting.

There are hard rules in place and clear room for scientific experimentation, but at the end of the day it's clearly magic and there's a good chunk of symbolic logic and ties between the product and the physical and mental/spiritual wellness of the person doing the thing.

And then we get this, which is named after subatomic particles and is described explicitly as "what's happening is our chakra is being consumed as raw materials in a fusion reaction and creating a different but much greater kind of energy as a byproduct and that's why we're even stronger than when you use your Ninja-Jesus powers."

They got their real science in our magic-powered pseudo-science.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #51

Since I dont read this comic I wanted to clarify, are they saying fusion as in the sci fi power production method? Or are they saying fusion like how if you fuse fire and earth chakra you get lava? Or if you fuse nature chakra into your demonic energy cloak you get the demon sage mode? Because it could be argued that those also are producing more powerful combinations than either are separately.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Since I dont read this comic I wanted to clarify, are they saying fusion as in the sci fi power production method? Or are they saying fusion like how if you fuse fire and earth chakra you get lava? Or if you fuse nature chakra into your demonic energy cloak you get the demon sage mode? Because it could be argued that those also are producing more powerful combinations than either are separately.
    They are saying "fusion" as in actual nuclear fusion, like wha happens inside the sun.

As The Nuclei of of five hundred million hydrogen atoms are fused together to produce the energy that powers and is emmited by the sun, so are Naruto and Kurama's chakra fused together to create this new not-chakra energy that powers Baryon Mode.

That is the explicit comparison Kurama.

and, as I've said, "Baryon" is a nuclear physics term.

So it's not even Sci-Fi power source, it's IRL nuclear physics.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

I just realized something

Spoiler: Naruto is Firestorm!
    Show

So someday Naruto who is Firestorm will become like Captain Atom, and later Dr Manhattan, completing the Ninja Jesus theme

Just a reminder if you are behind the last 3 chapters are free on viz’s website. Please catch up

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/boruto

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

They got their real science in our magic-powered pseudo-science.
    IIRC there've been references to genes and DNA since the introduction of bloodline limits in the Land of Waves arc. The sword Obito wielded was deliberately and obviously modeled after DNA double helix.

The franchise has had real science in its pseudo-mythological pseudo-occult nonsense since nearly the start. Now it's just being blatant about it. And physics instead of biology.

Also the Outsutsuki are totally space aliens. They were totally space aliens in the Tale of the Bambol Cutter from which Kishimoto ripped them off.
    Last edited by Vahnavoi; 2020-11-24 at 12:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

While we are talking anime physics and magic with ancient aliens

Can someone explain to me how Kakashi can breathe in, and say "Katon" and do a fire release spell and never take off his mask?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Can someone explain to me how Kakashi can breathe in, and say "Katon" and do a fire release spell and never take off his mask?
    well, we know that chakra can be formed and shaped out a ninjas body because of the Rasengan, correct? and elemental stuff can be applied to that chakra outside of a ninjas body, and that Kakashi knows the chidori, which is a technique derived from the rasengan.

Therefore Kakashi has experience applying a change of nature to chakra outside his body because of the Chidori, and he simply applies the same experience to breathing fire just, y'know, with his lips by blowing the chakra out first, then applying fire to it incredibly quickly. (and really if we're talking safety, thats what all ninjas SHOULD do involving fire release fire breathing, because I can't imagine having fire in your throat, mouth or lungs br any way good for their health no matter how brief.)

27. - Top - End - #57

In addition to what Raz said, a cloth mask would do nothing whatsoever to stop Kakashi from breathing in or out.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #58

As we see here, it looks like the fire ignites an inch or two away from the mouth. Thats how he can breathe fire without burning his mask.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Let me have my fun with the fire and mask comments I was merely having fun thinking about how people need to keep their masks and cloaks on all the time and how the heroes never take them off

In addition to what Raz said, a cloth mask would do nothing whatsoever to stop Kakashi from breathing in or out.
    Exactly!
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2020-11-26 at 11:22 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Now the question is: Can Baryon Mode be used in conjunction with Sage Mode or would that just be more raw materials for Baryonn Mode Energy?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks