A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 785
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    vampire2948's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default vampire2948's Adventure!

    Okay, here we go:

    You are all in a small town, called Kettrow.




    You are all there for your own reasons, which you should make up yourself.

    Information about the town:
    It has a lot of trade of magical potions and scrolls, as the village isn't far from a bustling magical metropolis. It's rumored that a black market has been created and is based here for selling magical items stolen from the wizards at the big city.
    The village has all the essentials required for a settlement of it's size. It has a resident cleric, Father Carter. He lives, works and prays in the church (E7) and he also heals the hurts of the people who live in the village, for a small fee of course, the church doesn't pay for itself.
    The Queen's Dragon Inn (E5) is the social center of the village, you can find out almost anything, about anyone from there. The barkeep, called John, offers cheap, safe and comfortable accommodation. (That's what it says on the sign outside, anyway.)

    The town square is in the middle of the town, at the crossroads (E3). This is where criminals are hung and Father Carter says his sermon every week. The town crier also works here, shouting out notices about various businesses and events.
    For mercenaries who are looking for a job, there is a large notice board here. With many notices pinned to it, there is much money to be made here by just doing small jobs that the villagers are too lazy or busy to do. Everything from finding lost pets, to killing bandit leaders can be found there.

    The shopping street (The street with E4, E9 and E10 on it) has all the shops in the town on it. There are tanners, bakers, shoe makers, tailors, bankers, psychics (not all are real), alchemists and the village guard HQ all along the street, with people selling their wares out in the street as well.

    The city has many impoverished people, mainly people who were kicked out of the wizard's city because they couldn't afford the pay the taxes. The whole village lives under the shadow of the city, they know how the beggars and tramps feel and don't mind their presence.

    The town guard consists mainly of bulky humans who didn't do well enough in childhood education (if they had an education) to secure themselves a good job elsewhere. Corruption is a big problem among them, bribery happens every day and men, women and children are beaten in the streets just because they feel bored.

    Welcome to Kettrow.


    [Please roleplay as you would. Do what you like. Enjoy]

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    dragon_masterd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    OOC: oops, sorry. I double posted because I thought my post wouldnt go through
    Last edited by dragon_masterd; 2007-11-01 at 12:15 PM.
    The Outlaw class:
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiant Element View Post
    The Outlaw is designed to be an amalgam of the Ranger and Rogue classes.

    Outlaw

    “The lyricism of marginality may find inspiration in the image of the ''outlaw,'' the great social nomad, who prowls on the confines of a docile, frightened order.”

    Class Information
    Hit Die: d8

    Alignment: Any non-lawful

    For more search for Outlaw [base class] or ask Defiant Element, I guess.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    dragon_masterd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Kash'Ka sees a guard beat a child. He HATED it. The people of his Halfling village were treated like that, too. He had been one of those children. He readied his greataxe, preparing to attack.
    Last edited by dragon_masterd; 2007-11-01 at 12:15 PM.
    The Outlaw class:
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiant Element View Post
    The Outlaw is designed to be an amalgam of the Ranger and Rogue classes.

    Outlaw

    “The lyricism of marginality may find inspiration in the image of the ''outlaw,'' the great social nomad, who prowls on the confines of a docile, frightened order.”

    Class Information
    Hit Die: d8

    Alignment: Any non-lawful

    For more search for Outlaw [base class] or ask Defiant Element, I guess.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    vampire2948's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    OOC:

    dragon_masterd. Please write in the present tense, maybe a bit more description? EDIT: meh...your choice =) I'm just being silly.

    i.e."He looks down the street he is in, seeing tramps and beggars, some very young lining the walls of the street. Shop signs swung in the breeze and men and women swept up and down in expensive jackets and coats, ignoring the cries of the children.

    A guard was there, 'keeping the peace'. Yeah, right, the halfling had heard about the guards of Kettrow, attacking the innocent they were supposed to protect.
    One of the guards, a tall well built human brandished a mace at a small beggar who had dared to ask him for a small piece of the bread roll he was eating. The guard kicked the beggar, then shouted at him, warning him never to do that again or he would do much worse. And, after another kick, he left, leaving the young beggar on the ground, with a bleeding nose and broken lip.

    How was that fair? The guard wasn't doing his job, he was just beating poor defenseless children.

    This made the small barbarian angry, and with a hand on his greataxe, he watched the guard walking off."

    EDIT: deleted bit about no 3rd person. Do it if you wish ^^ Carry on with whatever you were planning.
    Last edited by vampire2948; 2007-11-01 at 01:00 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Exiting the weapon merchant's shop, disgusted by the shoddy quality of the human merchandise once again; I came onto the street just in time to see one of the guards beating on the beggars, again. This would never pass in any dwarven settlement, I know. The beggar's nose was broken, it was obvious. He'd be lucky if that was the worst of the injuries he got today. The beggars always turned on the one who'd been beaten by the guards. Sheathing the waraxe from which I earned my clan name, I walked across the street to bring this one to the local healer, maybe he'd let him work off the cost of a heal. As I crossed the open street, I saw a short one holding a greataxe and staring in the direction of the guard. This spelt trouble...

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Pausing for a moment for a moment at the outskirts of the town, Venn looks over the village and sees the busy villagers and a few vagrants. It was a welcome sight from the monotony of the road outside of civilization. Nothing had happened since he left the trading outpost where he was hired to identify a few magic items some dungeon divers had found. It didn't really help that his familiar kept on reminding him that he forgot to pick up a bottle of wine for him there and that, "It's barbaric to go so long without a real drink. You know that the water along these roads could be contaminated!." Annoyances aside, Venn thinks that it would be good to get a cooked meal.

    Walking along the road towards the inn, the wizard notices the guards being worse than your normal town. He knew the type and even worked with them. Brutish and uncaring in their charge. It's even worse when they have the law on their side. Some of them even find it fun to beat people. Luckily those people are few and far between.

    Walking up to the Queen's Dragon, Venn makes a remark to the raven sitting on his shoulder "How about we get a drink," and enters the front door.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    vampire2948's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    The Queen's Dragon Inn [Venn only at the moment]

    A haze of smoke assails you as soon as you open the door, a bell clinks somewhere and the barman looks up from the dirty mug that he is filling with beer and gazes at you. His eyes move up to your shoulder and settle on the raven there. You notice that everyone else in the inn is looking at you in the same way, fear and awe showing on their faces. As you look around the inn to meet their gaze they all look away and carry on with what they were doing before, some men were sitting in the corner, playing cards for bright silver pieces, a woman with a heavy layer of lipstick and eye shadow stood near them. Other people are sitting around on various wooden tables scattered around the room talking, drinking and smoking.
    The barman speaks to you, drawing your stare back to him.

    Hullo, i'd be John. Welcome to the Queen's Dragon. A finer establishment you will never find. Are you from the city? We're pleased to have you! What can I get you to drink?

    OOC: There are 20-25 people in the inn, all of them have at least one visible weapon. Short Swords and Rapiers mainly.
    Last edited by vampire2948; 2007-11-01 at 12:58 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ahus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Mom, I'm going to the square to look for work. I say As I exit my mother's "shop." I turn just is time to avoid the nearly flying kicked begger as he falls back. With a shrug of my shoulders I ignore his plight and head out toward the square. As I pass the bullitin board without even looking and head into the Queen's Dragon.

    Howdy John, Gimme the usual and put it on the old man's tab. I say patting what must be the drunkest man in the bar on the head as he sits at the bar face down completely passed out in a bowl of nuts. John grunts and pours a tall glass of water.

    So, John what's the good word.
    Last edited by Ahus; 2007-11-01 at 01:13 PM.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Denver... okay, really Boulder
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Lorren

    Lorren sighed with relief at the sight of the village as she came to the top of the hill.

    It was large, a good size town, really, and the prospect made her nervous.

    But I have to eat! she thought to her self as she stood there in the middle of the road.

    Her clothing was very well made, though only cotton. A deep blue dress with what once was a cream sash at her waist that emphasized her 15 year old slim waist. The bodice on the dress was a little tight. Either it had shrunk, or her bosom had grown in the 2 months since she had made the dress.

    Her cloak was a matching shade of blue, though it was wool to provide warmth and protection from the occasional rain storms.

    Well, let's get this over with came the thought as she called over her shoulder in Sylvan.

    "It looks safe enough. Come on. Let's see what our reception will be like here."

    From the bushes, trees and fields behind her, a bellowing mass of butterflies congregated into a single mass and flew to her. There were hundreds of them arrayed in a glorious display of color and Lorren had to smile. The sight never ceased to amaze her.

    Motioning to her cloak with a shrug and a glance, the majority of them landed on her cloak though some of them landed on her hair in a ring, one on her finger and a number around her wrist and neck to form living jewelry.

    Feelings of soreness in her legs and feet did not distract from the hunger she felt at the thought of a nice meal, so she decided to find an inn first.

    Finally making it to the town, she looked around and noticed the grimaces on the guards faces and the way the people in the streets tended to shy away from them as well as how they cringed when the guards eyes fell on any of them. There was definitely something wrong there.

    The guards didn't seem to mind her and her entourage, so she continued on to the town square where she was had an easy time of finding the inn.

    Pushing the door open she sighed in relief as she noted the empty tables and the waitresses serving the people there.

    Heading to one of the free tables, she sat down, her feet extended in front of her to prop them on the chair on the opposite side of the table and sighed.

    It was then that she had noticed that all the others in the inn had gone quiet.

    She looked and noticed that the man she had slipped by had gathered the people’s attention and she smiled to herself. They had not noticed her butterflies because they were focused on the bird and man she had passed. Probably a mage and these people looked both respectful and fearful of him.

    She wondered if they were justified in their feelings, but shrugged. She was just glad that it allowed her to pass without remark for once.
    Last edited by Mithreander; 2007-11-01 at 01:21 PM.
    The True Mark of Mastery is Absolute Perfection.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by kpenguin. Thanks!

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Venn is slightly taken aback by his "warm welcome" at the inn. He had assumed that a place such as this would have magic wielders living alongside other people. The fear the tavern patrons showed seems to suggest otherwise. Some wizards, like the city guards here, use their magic to oppress people. Venn isn't that kind of wizard, but something tells him that the townsfolk might not believe him. If he's going to earn the trust of the citizens so he can do business here, he's going to have to show them that he's a friend.

    Venn warmly replies to the barkeeper, "No, I'm a journeyman from out of town and would like a room. My friend here," Venn motions towards Nigel, "would like a small amount of wine if you have any. I'd also like to buy a round of ale for the house."
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2007-11-01 at 01:25 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    dragon_masterd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Still disturbed by the guard, Kash'Ka moves back into the shadow of the streets, watching the people walking along the line of shops, but keeps his greataxe steady. The next time a guard strikes a helpless child, they're going to die.
    He then walks slowly down the street, into the Tavern. He says to the barkeep "I want nothing. Do not disturb me. I have work to do.", and sets of for the back of the tavern. There he meets two small (for Orc standards) Orcs, who where sent to the town for the same reason as the Halfling.
    They engage in deep conversation, obviously about their mission. They continue like this for an hour, maybe more, until another Orc comes and breaks up their conversation. The two original Orcs then quietly leave the tavern with Kash'Ka.
    The Outlaw class:
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiant Element View Post
    The Outlaw is designed to be an amalgam of the Ranger and Rogue classes.

    Outlaw

    “The lyricism of marginality may find inspiration in the image of the ''outlaw,'' the great social nomad, who prowls on the confines of a docile, frightened order.”

    Class Information
    Hit Die: d8

    Alignment: Any non-lawful

    For more search for Outlaw [base class] or ask Defiant Element, I guess.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    vampire2948's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    OOC - Dragon Masterd. I'll play to orcs for you =)

    Tell me about their histories / names over PM and what you intend to do.

    [I've read your backstory, so I know about the whole peace between orcs and humans thing. But...tell me everything the orcs know about it.]

    The Queen's Dragon

    To Venn:

    Yes, sir. Coming right up.

    Cheers erupt from the people in the inn at the sound of free ale, waitresses carry the beer through the tavern to all the people in it, and they slurp their drinks happily. [All PC's in the tavern other than Ahus' character get a free beer too]

    The barman passes a beer to you and says, [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]If you're here about magic, then you had best be careful. After what that wizard guild did to us...we're not the friendliest people towards your lot. You're obviously not from the guild. None of them would buy a round of ale for us all, they think we're scum, they do. Anyway, i'll not be keeping you.[/colour] he ends the conversation, and walks over to Hamish to ask what he would like.

    On another table in the inn, a pretty young waitress stomps over to Lorren and says. Can I get you anythin'?

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    I was glad to see that the little one had left the guard alone, the chaos wouldn't be nice if he hadn't. Crossing the street, I dodged the obvious pickpockets, and reached the downed beggar. Hefting him over my shoulder, I walked to the church and dumped him on the front steps. I marched back to the Tavern, and my eyes followed the stares of the crowd to the "wizard". Bah, he looks like a fake, I thought to myself. Probably nothing more then some cheap illusions. That familiar seems interesting, though, likely more intelligent then the man who's shoulder he was riding on. "Barkeep! Yer strongest ale, quickly!" I bellowed as I sat down, wishing I was back in the dwarven lands and could enjoy a pint or several of good dwarven ale.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Jesaral

    "Ah, Kettrow Village, hopefully we'll be able to get some decent work here. This place is famous for its trade in magical scrolls and potions." The halfling says to her mount as they make their way trough town. The halfling is wearing a rather fashionable travelers outfit with a simple leather coat of armor over it. At just under 3 feet in height, she doesn't look intimidating at first glance.

    Her mount is an obviously predatory dinosaur with sharp teeth and sickle-like claws it makes its way toward the towns entrance carrying its rider and several bags of equipment and items.

    Avoiding the beggers and ruffians as best she can (although the beggers might be avoiding her mount as well) she makes her way towards the shops, looking for some place that sells crafting materials. In particular, looking for supplies to write scrolls and something to help her emulate the spells used to make those scrolls.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    vampire2948's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    As the fearesome looking dinosaur rides toward the town gates, the guards start shouting and the gate begins to close, seven guards hefting crossbows peer over the battlements [a couple of crates and pointed sticks]. One of them shouts:

    What the hell is that? Stop!! Don't come any closer! Dismount NOW!

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Jesaral

    Hearing the guards cry out, the halfling stops in the middle of the road a safe distance away. "Easy, steady now." she says softly to her dinosaur mount, telling it to stay put and not snap at anyone.

    "Don't worry, he's perfectly safe. We ride them all the time on the plains and they never hurt anyone." She says assuredly to the guards, but does not dismount until the guards show signs of calming down.

    Diplomacy check: (1d20+3)[9]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    vampire2948's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    I SAID GET OFF THE THING WITH THE TEETH!

    The archers raise their bows and one of them fires a warning shot that zips past your ear about 10" away. The arrow is crude and possibly home made, it doesn't have a metal tip, you notice, just stabilizing feathers on the end and a pointed wooden tip.

    That thing is dangerous. Get off of it NOW. Or we will be forced to kill it, and put you in prison.

    The archer reloads his crossbow.

    By now, a small crowd of villagers have gathered to see what all the shouting is about, a small boy of about six years points at the dinosaur and says, Daddy, what is that?

    I don't know son, but it doesn't look good... his father replies, putting a hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ahus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    As the diminutive barbarian passes by I initially see only an the top of a battle axe over the end of the bar. The halfling is a little gruff but as I shrug I see him sit down with two Orcs. With another little shoulder shrug and a shake of the head I turn and basically ignore the grouping.

    Take mine off of my fathers tab if you would John, probably his to by the look of him. I pick my father's head up out of the nuts by his hair and release it again to watch as it falls back down on the bar. As his head cracks against the bar he falls off of the stool. An instant before he hits the floor he catches himself with the grace of a stone sober monk he rights himself back on the stool and slaps the bar, indicating that he wants the drink. he promptly downs the whole thing without a word and slams his head down on the bar unconscious yet again.

    To Venn:
    Thanks thats just what I needed I'll never get him home at this rate. Finally, I look and see who bought the round. oh, Wizard, ehh. Actually, John I think I will take a drink... I give a little shudder remembering the wizard guild and plop down on a stool near the unconscious balding drunk.

    So, what brings ya to Kettrow Mr. wizard man.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Denver... okay, really Boulder
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Lorren

    Motioning to the chair opposite her, Lorren moves her feet from it for the waitress to sit down.

    Once the waitress had purched on the edge of the seat, Lorren replies, "I'd love to accept that bird owners ale as well as something fresh from the kitchen to eat please. Besides that I am interested in a room. WOuld I speak to you about that or someone else?" Lorren smiles at the hard working woman and knows that she, herself, may be in a simular position: her fathers money would not last forever.

    Lorren paid attention to where the mage was who had bought the ale, but more out of curiosity then any other reason.
    The True Mark of Mastery is Absolute Perfection.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by kpenguin. Thanks!

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    dragon_masterd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Kash'Ka, with his two Orc friends, walks over to the guards, opposing the Dinosaur.
    I would hope you stand down. If you anger the animal, it will rip you to shreds. Evidently, you won't have enough firepower to bring it down. Those sharpened sticks will do nothing to the animal but make him angrier. ......Not that it wouldn't be doing a favor to everyone here.
    Last edited by dragon_masterd; 2007-11-01 at 03:13 PM.
    The Outlaw class:
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiant Element View Post
    The Outlaw is designed to be an amalgam of the Ranger and Rogue classes.

    Outlaw

    “The lyricism of marginality may find inspiration in the image of the ''outlaw,'' the great social nomad, who prowls on the confines of a docile, frightened order.”

    Class Information
    Hit Die: d8

    Alignment: Any non-lawful

    For more search for Outlaw [base class] or ask Defiant Element, I guess.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MCerberus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Venn accepts his drink and finds a nice empty table to sit at. Nigel immediately jumps onto the surface and begins inspecting his wine. With a place to sit down and cover from the wind and most distraction, Venn opens his spell book and turns to the page where his ray of frost spell is located. He had recently gotten the idea that a few of his location marker runes could be replaced making it less taxing on him to cast it... something that doesn't really matter for such a trivial spell but still an interesting thought.

    His work is being superseded in his mind by mulling over what the barkeeper said. Perhaps this wasn't such a good idea and he could have stayed at the trading post a while back. Lost in thought he takes a drink while looking blankly at the spell in front of him. His familiar suddenly exclaims to him, "yes back into civilization indeed," and begins to drink. Venn really should figure out just how the bird holds his booze so well.

    Still lost in thought when a local approaches, Venn doesn't seem to notice much. He finally snaps out of it when he is asked a question and replies, "The simplest answer would be research I suppose."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

    Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    vampire2948's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    The Queen's Dragon Inn

    Okay, i'll go get the chef to rustle you up something and bring you your beer.

    She shouts at the barman, One frosty one over here please John!

    Oh, and we'll see about your room too. I'll bring the room book. Be right back.

    She walks off and returns carrying a large glass of beer and a hardback book with a tarnished silver clasp on it.

    She opens the book, names of people written in black ink are all over the page, with details such as name, how long and age printed neatly next to them.

    Right, name, length of stay, reason for being in our little village and age, please?

    The chef walks over after about three minuites and gives you a plate of cheese, bread and some apple slices on the side.

    That'll be one silver please, my good man. said the chef, in a deep voice.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Jesaral

    Jesaral looks at the guards and the gathering crowd of people. She could get off her mount and find herself at the mercy of these giant guards... and who knows what they would do to poor Buster. Or she could just turn around and run off, hide out in the woods till the heat dies down and enter alone through another gate.

    Gee, that last idea sounds like a pretty good idea... logically, a good person would cooperate with the angry guards and face a whole lot of public scrutiny that would really damage their ability to get a job... or maybe the guards will be impressed by mounts that can attack and want their own...

    "Listen, I'm just going to run away now. Bye."

    She quickly orders her mount to turn around and run at full speed away from the guards. She grabs on tight to avoid falling.

    Spoiler
    Show
    A clawtooths base land speed is 40 ft per round, Run feat multiplies by 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    vampire2948's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    GET BACK HERE! WE WON'T HURT YOU! Just come back to us, we will stable the mount, then you can talk to us about it! shout the guards at you. They sound convincing...

    If you still decide to run away...well, you're gonna miss a lot.

    But...

    As you run away, you see a small road, dusty and narrow. About a hundred foot down the road there is a sign post, written in common.

    North: Kettrow Village, South Entrance
    East: The Great City of Narford
    North West: Kettrow Village, West Entrance

    You remember that the west entrance has lax security, and is often poorly manned.

    Choose your way...

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Denver... okay, really Boulder
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Lorren

    That'll be one silver please, my good man. said the chef, in a deep voice.

    Lorren tries not to look hurt at the man's words. She would have thought that her long brown hair, her dress and her bone structure would have been enough to label herself a woman, but she guessed not. She was not as endowed as her mother, but the chefs words hurt her.

    "Thank you." she says, with a slight blush, her cloak turning to red as the butterflies on it close and open their wings so that it's color reflected their mood, if not the mood of their mistress.

    Turning back to the waitress, Lorren answers, Lorren Deepweaver is my name. I'm not sure how long I'll be staying, but at least the night. I've come to see if I can find work. If not, then I'll just be passing through. I've been told that I was born 15 years ago, and I've been a woman for 3 years. she states, watching the waitress fill in the line with neat writing.
    The True Mark of Mastery is Absolute Perfection.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by kpenguin. Thanks!

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    vampire2948's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    The church bell tolls in the distance. It is 4 PM.


    Quote: Sorry, he's a bit blind. Comes from the stuff he cooks with.
    Last edited by vampire2948; 2007-11-01 at 03:41 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Denver... okay, really Boulder
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Lorren

    Noticing the chef still standing there, she remebered the silver and handed him one from her pouch, blushing even deeper then before with a soft Sorry.
    The True Mark of Mastery is Absolute Perfection.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by kpenguin. Thanks!

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    vampire2948's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    That be okay laddie, I'll be off now. Enjoy your meal now.

    he walks off.

    You notice a crushed butterfly on the floor, stepped on by the chef as he walked away.
    Last edited by vampire2948; 2007-11-01 at 04:13 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Denver... okay, really Boulder
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    Lorren

    Turning back to the waitress, Lorren answers, Lorren Deepweaver is my name. I'm not sure how long I'll be staying, but at least the night. I've come to see if I can find work. If not, then I'll just be passing through. I've been told that I was born 15 years ago, and I've been a woman for 3 years. she states, watching the waitress fill in the line with neat writing.

    She smiles sadly at the crushed butterfly but not too sadly. It was a butterflies life not to live that long. It would be replaced by another.
    The True Mark of Mastery is Absolute Perfection.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by kpenguin. Thanks!

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    vampire2948's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: vampire2948's Adventure!

    The waitress writes down all the information in the book slowly, as if she had trouble writing and spelling.

    Okay, that's all done. Here's the key to your room, there is a string there, pull it if you need anything, okay?

    She tosses a key to you.

    okay...umm...

    she does some simple maths in her head...

    That'll be 2 sp for the night, it includes breakfast in the morning. Your room is number 3. You just go up those stairs over there, on the right and your room is on the left.

    She nods towards the stairs in the corner of the inn as she speaks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •