Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXX: Hot Skitty on Wailord Action!

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    You know, I never realized just how well this theme-team synergizes. I don't think I ever made a team with that good a distribution of weaknesses and resistances on purpose. That's the power of a water/grass/fire core I guess.

They even have a good diversity in roles between them, and it even works relatively well trying to base their moves/items/roles on their character traits.

Spoiler: One option for specifics
    Show
    Leonardo (Wartortle) @ Shell Bell
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Surf
    - Aqua Jet
    - Ice Punch
    - Brick Break

Donatello (Grotle) @ Zoom Lens
    Ability: Shell Armor
    EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
    - Leech Seed
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Tail
    - Synthesis

Raphael (Torkoal) @ Life Orb
    Ability: White Smoke
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
    - Overheat
    - Superpower
    - Double-Edge
    - Explosion

Michaelangelo (Shuckle) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Contrary
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
    - Knock Off
    - Encore
    - Infestation
    - Toxic

Splinter (Raticate) @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Sucker Punch
    - Facade
    - Rock Smash
    - U-turn

(In gen8 Wartortle can have Shell Smash, which is too perfect, but some of the other mon haven't been released for gen8 (yet?).)

(Raticate Splinter probably also kind of works as a supportive HM user for the group.)

I may have to do a run as April O'Neil now.

Spoiler: Choosing Shuckle over Tirtouga/Carracosta
    Show

Okay, so Shuckle is not really a turtle. But it looks like one. Tirtouga/Carracosta do not have a middle stage, making whichever one you pick look the least like a teenager. They also have a type overlap with both Wartortle and Shuckle, losing us some of that sweet synergy. Tirtouga would also be easily the weakest Pokémon on the team. Carracosta would in terms of total base stats still be a little weaker then Shuckle, but Shuckle is such an overspecialized creature that in practice it fits the power level of the team better than Carracosta does. Shuckle also kind of works for Mikey's personality as a mon that just keeps hopping around its opponent without going down while annoying it. Plus it gets not one but two fitting abilities in Contrary and Gluttony. Color scheme wise you could argue for replacing Grotle with Tirtouga/Carracosta as Donatello, but that just gives you double type overlap. If only Grotle got Wood Hammer, then I'd have a definitive argument for making it the definitive best Donatello.
    Oh cool! That's awesome! Heroes in the half-shell, turtle power!
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

This was back in 5th gen, if I remember; I was running Blastoise (Donny), Torkoal (Raph), Torterra (Mikey), Carracosta (Leo), Raticate (Splinter), and Bisharp (Shredder). Blastoise was a bulky rapid spinner with counter/mirror coat, Torkoal was specs, Torterra was rock polish physical attacker, and Carracosta was a shell smash sweeper. Raticate was flame orb guts, and Bisharp was a basic SD + Dark spam.
    The team was okay at getting some wins in low to mid OU, despite being a UU team. Nothing crazy, but it was fun and people got a chuckle out of playing it.
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Ice Type is very good for offense, dealing double damage to four types, but not so good at defense--it takes double damage from four rather common types.

Despite this, most pure or primary ice types favor defense over offense in stat distribution.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Firbolg in the Playground

DrowGuy

You know what, I'm thinking of writing my own Pokemon Fan Fiction Story only with Generation 1 from the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Game. I thought about the character's main origin story that the story will start in Viridian City instead of Pallet Town and his Pokemon team is Ground/Flying Type. What do you think?
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Despite this, most pure or primary ice types favor defense over offense in stat distribution.
    It really is a shame though isn't it? Anyone who tries to remove ice, (proper ice, not slush or a bit of rough snow) can attest to it being incredibly hard to the touch. Ice should be a GREAT defensive type, and at least resist fighting. Ever punched an ice cube before? Yea, that is not going well. And while you are at it, it might resist dragon and fairy too.
    Last edited by Spore; Yesterday at 11:44 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    It really is a shame though isn't it? Anyone who tries to remove ice, (proper ice, not slush or a bit of rough snow) can attest to it being incredibly hard to the touch. Ice should be a GREAT defensive type, and at least resist fighting. Ever punched an ice cube before? Yea, that is not going well. And while you are at it, it might resist dragon and fairy too.
    I remember like just a few days ago when I had to shovel off snow out of my drive way. I was recovering from two or three hours of work for two days and I felt aches and pains all over my body. snow is heavy. and thats not even real ice as you say.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25! I'm also on discord as "raziere".