New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXX: Hot Skitty on Wailord Action!

So the comic shop is having a casual night for a new TCG expansion launch, and I thought I'd actually play. Except I have a set of sleeves that don't have a deck and I have to make a decision:

Do I actually put good cards that in it
    Or use Mr. Rime and others to create a pointless gimmick deck where I throw balls at people?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    yes!

three nice curveball throws in a row! Suck it, buizel!
    Congrats! Glad to hear you’re getting the hang of it. And just in time for Gible Community Day tomorrow, too!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Or use Mr. Rime and others to create a pointless gimmick deck where I throw balls at people?
    As someone who hasn't played the TCG in 20 years, this gets my vote
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

4. - Top - End - #334

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    As someone who hasn't played the TCG in 20 years, this gets my vote
    Would you like me to elaborate or is it more fun to just let your brain run off with the concept?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I wish there was a Mega Evolution for Arceus. That will be very cool and awesome for Arceus to have a Mega Evolution Form.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Would you like me to elaborate or is it more fun to just let your brain run off with the concept?
    100% enjoy it based on the description you gave, and my own brain imagining a trainer throwing a ball during a match, "Hey! No stealing Pokemon!", "I'm not aiming for your Pokemon."

7. - Top - End - #337

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I wish there was a Mega Evolution for Arceus. That will be very cool and awesome for Arceus to have a Mega Evolution Form.
    Very unlikely. That requires Arceus to be catchable in-game (which seems unlikely for anything but a DPP reboot) and mega-evolutions to be brought back, when they're pretty clearly phasing them out.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
    Very unlikely. That requires Arceus to be catchable in-game (which seems unlikely for anything but a DPP reboot) and mega-evolutions to be brought back when they're pretty clearly phasing them out.
    I wish it was possible in my eyes.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

No gameplay updates today, but here are some highlights of my daughter's Pokémon nicknames. She apparently learned you can use more than one symbol after watching my wife play for a few hours and name her own Pokémon.

Spoiler: Nicknames Update
    Show

'I8iu6ůö óβ the Skwovet
    85trrerew the Carkol
    1234 the Minccino
    qqwwwttttyyy the Electrike
    Xbnmkl.??!!! the Electrike
    zxsdfgjki83 the Gossifleur
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RayGallade View Post
    No gameplay updates today, but here are some highlights of my daughter's Pokémon nicknames. She apparently learned you can use more than one symbol after watching my wife play for a few hours and name her own Pokémon.

Spoiler: Nicknames Update
    Show

'I8iu6ůö óβ the Skwovet
    85trrerew the Carkol
    1234 the Minccino
    qqwwwttttyyy the Electrike
    Xbnmkl.??!!! the Electrike
    zxsdfgjki83 the Gossifleur
    ...It’s been a long time since I’ve played the handheld Pokemon games; I only recognize two of those species. *Googles* Steam Engine looks fun though!

11. - Top - End - #341
    Colossus in the Playground

If I said that I thought I had a decent enough outline for a "starting" adventure for the Pokemon Bio/Cyberpunk adventure would anyone here be interested?

Becuase after most of my attempts to start games either died or never got off the ground, I don't wanna start anything if I don't have a couple of dedicated players.

right now, in terms of player options, I'm thinking "Hybrids", which were the starting idea, "fusions" who are a sitch like Detective Pikachu, a human and a pokemon literally fused to create a pokemon with a human mind, "Revives" who are humans who were dead but then were brought back to life with Pokemon bod parts grafted to them using fossil revival technology(so they're kind of Frankentienian) and "Enhanced" who are cyborgs with implants and prosthetics made by retroneigneering the biology of steel-type pokemon, particularly the Beldam-Metagross line, and Rotoms to create living metal that perfectly synched to the subject's nervous system
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    If I said that I thought I had a decent enough outline for a "starting" adventure for the Pokemon Bio/Cyberpunk adventure would anyone here be interested?
    What system? I’d be willing to give it a shot, but if it’s not a super simple system you’d have to deal with me constantly asking ‘How does this work?’ ‘Can I do this?’ ‘Did I do that right?’ ‘That doesn’t make any sense, why doesn’t it do X instead?’

13. - Top - End - #343

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    What system? I’d be willing to give it a shot, but if it’s not a super simple system you’d have to deal with me constantly asking ‘How does this work?’ ‘Can I do this?’ ‘Did I do that right?’ ‘That doesn’t make any sense, why doesn’t it do X instead?’
    Freeform: Everything is resolved by mutual agreement and fiat, with what happens to your characters or setting elements you introduce being decided by you, within reason.

(For example, if you've previously declared that your character is asleep, then "I wake up and instinctively jerk to the right in response to the commotion" is a valid response to someone attacking your sleeping character, but unless your character is an Abra "I am fully aware of the situation and teleport out of the way of the attack" is not)

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #344

We're all agreed that people who put dross down in a Gym are the absolute worst, right? A 23 Poochyena, your Blueness? Why are you GIVING this gym to Red or Yellow?
    I don’t concur. Depends greatly on where you live. In my parts, people are kind enough to not give you the boot until 8 hours.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202

Becuase after most of my attempts to start games either died or never got off the ground, I don't wanna start anything if I don't have a couple of dedicated players.

right now, in terms of player options, I'm thinking "Hybrids", which were the starting idea, "fusions" who are a sitch like Detective Pikachu, a human and a pokemon literally fused to create a pokemon with a human mind, "Revives" who are humans who were dead but then were brought back to life with Pokemon bod parts grafted to them using fossil revival technology(so they're kind of Frankentienian) and "Enhanced" who are cyborgs with implants and prosthetics made by retroneigneering the biology of steel-type pokemon, particularly the Beldam-Metagross line, and Rotoms to create living metal that perfectly synched to the subject's nervous system
    I mean I've got my rocket character and art of various possible pokemon forms ready to go, and I can probably make a Andrew Ryan expy as a corporate villain, scientist pokemaniac transhumanists who were the ones who made the pokemon/human hybrid thing and were just going along with the corporations demands to get what they want, all sorts of ideas like that we can do. I'll probably be focused on the hybrid parts the most though.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

16. - Top - End - #346

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #347

So I found the tournament I went to was different than what I was expecting, and the pokemon company found a way to make a compelling draft-like format they can make bank from.

You buy a 'battle box' which contains some key evolutionary lines and a few booster packs, and you build a deck from that. Buy-in is the cost of the box and a little something for the shop to cover prizes. Went 2-1, so I got some extra booster packs for the expansion that gets released next week.

edit - I don't think I'm in the brainspace to roleplay a -punk setting right now for unspecified stuff, but if it's an ongoing I could see how things shake out.

edit 2- you ever have a weird character concept just pop into your head?
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2021-06-06 at 06:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

edit 2- you ever have a weird character concept just pop into your head?
    Yup. He was an adorable little boy who wanted to be a reporter, not a Pokemon trainer, but then a rather headstrong Cubone went and attached herself to him...and quickly drove the DM to stop giving detailed descriptions of the battlefield.

Will you be joining us then?

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Pikachu may be popular for so many players but its stats isn't powerful. Raichu's stats aren't too bad. I like Pikachu and Raichu but they're are weak in their own merits.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Pikachu may be popular for so many players but its stats isn't powerful. Raichu's stats aren't too bad. I like Pikachu and Raichu but they're are weak in their own merits.
    Pikachu is what I call "charismatic megafauna". He's well-liked and well-known, so he drives a lot of attentions.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Pikachu is what I call "charismatic megafauna". He's well-liked and well-known, so he drives a lot of attentions.
    Of course, he's well-liked and well-known. Everybody loves that Pokemon.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

Of course, he's well-liked and well-known. Everybody loves that Pokemon.
    *Kicks Pikachu over the fence, Eevee too.*
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I feel like the stats for certain Pokemon are somewhat unfair for the most part. For example, Mega Rayquaza Physical Attack and Special Attack are 180 and it can obliterate every single Pokemon including Arceus who happens to be the Pokemon Deity get KO by one single hit. Seriously why did Game Freak have to make Mega Rayquaza too overpowered?

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel like the stats for certain Pokemon are somewhat unfair for the most part. For example, Mega Rayquaza Physical Attack and Special Attack are 180 and it can obliterate every single Pokemon including Arceus who happens to be the Pokemon Deity get KO by one single hit. Seriously why did Game Freak have to make Mega Rayquaza too overpowered?
    To make you, yes you specifically, upset; obviously.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

To make you, yes you specifically, upset; obviously.
    Well yes. I'm upset that Mega Rayquaza is too overpowered and it's not even a Pokemon deity. I just wish that Game Freak would nerf Nega Rayquaza's stats and overpowered abilities.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Bold of you to assume who is and isn't a deity, maybe Ray's application got lost in the mail?
    Regardless Mega Rayquaza did get nerfed, because you can't use Mega Pokemon anymore, so this entire issue has already been resolved.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Bold of you to assume who is and isn't a deity, maybe Ray's application got lost in the mail?
    Regardless Mega Rayquaza did get nerfed, because you can't use Mega Pokemon anymore, so this entire issue has already been resolved.
    Ok. Another Pokemon question: Has anyone ever catches every single Pokemon in every generation literally because to me it's not an easy task to do also I only play Pokemon Generation 1.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok. Another Pokemon question: Has anyone ever catches every single Pokemon in every generation literally because to me it's not an easy task to do also I only play Pokemon Generation 1.
    Yes these people exist. Also, some people specifically go out of their way to collect full Shiny Dexes

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Tons of people have, they even give you in game items for doing it; if anything it's easier now than it was back in the day, you can get event Pokemon as long as you have the internet, trade with almost anyone in the world without leaving your room, and legendary Pokemon are farmable in raids. Easy? No. Doable? Yes.

Also, if you only play Gen 1, why would you care about Rayquaza's stats?

30. - Top - End - #360

You physically cannot catch every Pokemon. IT's impossible.

Even ignoring Version exclusives, there are some Pokemon that you cannot encounter in the wild under any circumstances. You have to get them by trading with an NPC.

You can get every Pokemon, if you're lucky or can afford to by two things and both versions of the game and manage to get all the event codes, but you can't Catch them all.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks