New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXX: Hot Skitty on Wailord Action!

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    I'm a lil skeptical. He still hasn't reached his goal of being a Pokémon Master, whatever that is, so there's still reason to keep him around. And if the writers never let him age or develop or achieve his goals, I think we'll continue seeing him till the end of the TV show.

Spoiler for episodes I think haven't aired in English yet, if that's a thing anyone cares about:

Spoiler
    Show
    What a pokémon master is still hasn't been defined, but he did become the ultimate champion of the world by representing Alola in a tournament of champions and winning, in a final match that went out of its way to show and call back to every single pokémon and human that was important in the overall 8 generation long journey. And now the remaining episodes of the season will be about Goh trying to go after Mew, Ash isn't even there with him. I haven't really followed the rest of this series, but it feels like more of a passing the torch moment than we had so far. I'm sure Ash will continue traveling, I'm just not sure we're going to have a show about the official world champion travelling around being better than everyone else.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2022-11-26 at 01:38 AM.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

The whole "Pokemon Master" gig doesn't exist. I hate to be a downer but the reason why people are still saying "Pokemon Master" is to make money for people to buy Pokemon games and merchandise.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Spoiler for episodes I think haven't aired in English yet, if that's a thing anyone cares about:

Spoiler
    Show
    What a pokémon master is still hasn't been defined, but he did become the ultimate champion of the world by representing Alola in a tournament of champions and winning, in a final match that went out of its way to show and call back to every single pokémon and human that was important in the overall 8 generation long journey. And now the remaining episodes of the season will be about Goh trying to go after Mew, Ash isn't even there with him. I haven't really followed the rest of this series, but it feels like more of a passing the torch moment than we had so far. I'm sure Ash will continue traveling, I'm just not sure we're going to have a show about the official world champion travelling around being better than everyone else.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, I see. That's a reasonable assumption. I guess my own beliefs lean towards keeping Ash around as the main character, since the writers are hesitant to let Ash even define his goal. Like, just cuz you're the strongest trainer in the world doesn't make you a Master. Ash very specifically says that, and I think that's an intentional move by the writers. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    The whole "Pokemon Master" gig doesn't exist. I hate to be a downer but the reason why people are still saying "Pokemon Master" is to make money for people to buy Pokemon games and merchandise.
    Huh? In the TV show, Ash always says that his goal is to be a Pokemon Master. I agree that it's intentionally ambiguous and unclear what being a Pokemon Master entails.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, I see. That's a reasonable assumption. I guess my own beliefs lean towards keeping Ash around as the main character since the writers are hesitant to let Ash even define his goal. Like, just cuz you're the strongest trainer in the world doesn't make you a Master. Ash very specifically says that, and I think that's an intentional move by the writers. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

Huh? In the TV show, Ash always says that his goal is to be a Pokemon Master. I agree that it's intentionally ambiguous and unclear what being a Pokemon Master entails.
    Well, it's just a gimmick to get kids and adults to buy their merchandise. Someone mentioned in this forum a long time ago (I'm not sure what the member's name is) about the real truth of the Pokemon Master and it is all fake just to get their merchandise.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it's just a gimmick to get kids and adults to buy their merchandise. Someone mentioned in this forum a long time ago (I'm not sure what the member's name is) about the real truth of the Pokemon Master and it is all fake just to get their merchandise.
    I don't get it. Like, I guess I agree in the sense that their merchandise is the biggest money-maker they got. Hence the constant games that come out with new Pokemon, and the anime always displaying new and different Pokemon, and the encouragement to "catch 'em all." But they don't need the term "Pokemon Master" to do that.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I don't get it. Like, I guess I agree in the sense that their merchandise is the biggest money-maker they got. Hence the constant games that come out with new Pokemon, the anime always displaying new and different Pokemon, and the encouragement to "catch 'em all." But they don't need the term "Pokemon Master" to do that.
    I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that is how the business industry works especially in the video game genre.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

There is no need to be this cynical.

Pokemon has many adult fans who understand it is a franchise made to make money. And the "goal" is just to have fun with your pokemon. i guess the main games have the goal of beating and winning the Pokemon League. But the message of Pokemon is clear to me.

It is one of self improvement and learning, which many young kids can relate to. It is to find new (Pokemon) friends or fellow players/trainers. Aside from a very grating Pokemon card tournament opponent who gloated in destroying me in a game as a kid (you sure beat that kid with the starter deck with your upgraded and competitive deck, my man) I havent run into annoying people with Pokemon.

I feel if you cannot accept other writers, producers and artists having selfish goals with their art, you will never have any fun. Mozart did write their music to piss off competitors. Picasso enjoyed the attention. Pokemon is paying many jobs and the franchise makes people happy (for a good wad of cash, yes).

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    There is no need to be this cynical.

Pokemon has many adult fans who understand it is a franchise made to make money. And the "goal" is just to have fun with your pokemon. I guess the main games have the goal of beating and winning the Pokemon League. But the message of Pokemon is clear to me.

It is one of self-improvement and learning, which many young kids can relate to. It is to find new (Pokemon) friends or fellow players/trainers. Aside from a very grating Pokemon card tournament opponent who gloated about destroying me in a game as a kid (you sure beat that kid with the starter deck with your upgraded and competitive deck, my man) I haven't run into annoying people with Pokemon.

I feel if you cannot accept other writers, producers, and artists having selfish goals with their art, you will never have any fun. Mozart did write their music to piss off competitors. Picasso enjoyed the attention. Pokemon is paying many jobs and the franchise makes people happy (for a good wad of cash, yes).
    I wasn't being cynical or anything like that. I do give them props for making their business successful and for keeping their fans entertaining for so many years. This isn't hated toward Gamefreak at all.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Titan in the Playground

If you think your last posts were not cynical, you either do not understand what cynicism means or you need to reflect on your own thoughts a bit more. And I don't mean this as a personal attack or anything.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

Been playing new pokemon so far...
    Spoiler: Two gyms into Violet
    Show

Its fun. not seeing any particular performance issues myself, everything seems to be working fine.

I chose Sprigatito, yes its evolving to be on two legs, my starter is only second form and looking awesome, I don't care about four leg stans and their problems with what is basically pokemon tradition at this point.

what I've noticed there is a lot of birds in this region. like, rookidie, starly, fetchling, squawkabilly, oricorio, pretty sure I saw wingulls at some point so thats there to, flamigo, psyduck.....is spain just the land of the birds or something? because there is a ridiculous amount of birds in Paldea.

also sprigatito, litleo, shinx, think I saw a meowth once, are there similar levels of cat to try and take care of all the birds?

Nemona is a better friendly rival than both Hop and Hau. I'm sorry but that just how it is, just how I feel. the detail that she already did the champion thing and is just doing it again because she likes battling that much makes me respect her more than some person acting like they're my exact equal when I keep beating them. like she is a pro who has done this before but is having so much fun she keeps doing and perfecting it because she can, and she is just waiting for me to get on her level, that I can get. she is just choosing the starter weak to me to have a challenge because she's done it all, somehow I just find her better executed than previous attempts at a friendly rival.

terastilization is something I rarely use and when I do its with the following joke:
    Now we shall fight with silly hats!
    just doesn't seem worth using most of the time.

I have so many potions, revives and so on without spending a single cent to get any of them. a challenge run of this game would have to ban picking up items from the ground to keep you from getting a surplus of medicine and such.

new pokemon I like:
    Tandemouse. just these two mice that everything in sync forever....yet weirdly have no gender symbol. does that mean they're an ice climbers set up where each pair is a wife and husband?

female Oinkologne. just the prettiest, most floral scented pig, its great. I love my pretty hog diva in too much makeup.

Charcadet. who needs the spicy pepper starter when you can have an awesome fire knight?

my Flamigo has been doing work, say what you will about the design just literally being a flamingo, but its been one of my strongest pokemon so far.

I laughed when Pawmi evolved into Pawmo. it was such a slight change compared to most evolutions I've seen.

Am I weird for wanting a normal cyclizar to ride when I already have Miraidon? like, I feel cyclizar is cool enough on its own.

Gallighoul is....interesting. I'm hoping it gets better when it levels up and not a delibird situation where its just there for a gimmick.

Fidough is cute. but also makes me wonder: if food pokemon like it exist, what even counts as "meat" in this world anymore?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

If you think your last posts were not cynical, you either do not understand what cynicism means or you need to reflect on your thoughts a bit more. And I don't mean this as a personal attack or anything.
    Well, I do apologize for that and I know what cynical and cynicism mean.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2022-11-27 at 12:51 PM.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Been playing new pokemon so far...
    Spoiler: Two gyms into Violet
    Show

Its fun. not seeing any particular performance issues myself, everything seems to be working fine.

I chose Sprigatito, yes its evolving to be on two legs, my starter is only second form and looking awesome, I don't care about four leg stans and their problems with what is basically pokemon tradition at this point.

what I've noticed there is a lot of birds in this region. like, rookidie, starly, fetchling, squawkabilly, oricorio, pretty sure I saw wingulls at some point so thats there to, flamigo, psyduck.....is spain just the land of the birds or something? because there is a ridiculous amount of birds in Paldea.

also sprigatito, litleo, shinx, think I saw a meowth once, are there similar levels of cat to try and take care of all the birds?

Nemona is a better friendly rival than both Hop and Hau. I'm sorry but that just how it is, just how I feel. the detail that she already did the champion thing and is just doing it again because she likes battling that much makes me respect her more than some person acting like they're my exact equal when I keep beating them. like she is a pro who has done this before but is having so much fun she keeps doing and perfecting it because she can, and she is just waiting for me to get on her level, that I can get. she is just choosing the starter weak to me to have a challenge because she's done it all, somehow I just find her better executed than previous attempts at a friendly rival.

terastilization is something I rarely use and when I do its with the following joke:
    Now we shall fight with silly hats!
    just doesn't seem worth using most of the time.

I have so many potions, revives and so on without spending a single cent to get any of them. a challenge run of this game would have to ban picking up items from the ground to keep you from getting a surplus of medicine and such.

new pokemon I like:
    Tandemouse. just these two mice that everything in sync forever....yet weirdly have no gender symbol. does that mean they're an ice climbers set up where each pair is a wife and husband?

female Oinkologne. just the prettiest, most floral scented pig, its great. I love my pretty hog diva in too much makeup.

Charcadet. who needs the spicy pepper starter when you can have an awesome fire knight?

my Flamigo has been doing work, say what you will about the design just literally being a flamingo, but its been one of my strongest pokemon so far.

I laughed when Pawmi evolved into Pawmo. it was such a slight change compared to most evolutions I've seen.

Am I weird for wanting a normal cyclizar to ride when I already have Miraidon? like, I feel cyclizar is cool enough on its own.

Gallighoul is....interesting. I'm hoping it gets better when it levels up and not a delibird situation where its just there for a gimmick.

Fidough is cute. but also makes me wonder: if food pokemon like it exist, what even counts as "meat" in this world anymore?
    Spoiler: MYBIRDS
    Show
    There's also honchcrow, swablu, and a new regional line off the top of my head. I'm really just happy that my OP murderbird buddy the talonflame line made another appearance.
    Also evolve the Tandemouse. It gets even more adorable
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I like the Legendary dragon Pokemon in Generation 9. Very nice design indeed.

14. - Top - End - #914

NO NINTENDO. NINTENDO WHY
    Spoiler: Ending
    Show
    Nintendo: "you get it right. the real treasure in area 0"
    Me: "Please no"
    Nintendo: "you know what it was"
    Me: "stop"
    Nintendo: "it was the friends you made along the way"

I did feel sorry for the ghost in the shell robot I had to defeat with the power of frien actually looking back it was sandwiches. We ended up defeating the failsafe with sandwiches. Also life has just been an endless series of gut punches for one of the main party members hasn't it?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that is how the business industry works especially in the video game genre.
    Sorry, I'm a lil confused. What does this have to do with the term "Pokemon Master"? :O

It is one of self improvement and learning, which many young kids can relate to. It is to find new (Pokemon) friends or fellow players/trainers.
    I think that's right, though arguably it's all subsumed as part of a larger power fantasy for kids. You don't go to school and do what the grown-ups tell you to do. Instead, you travel around and beat grown-ups and sometimes stop an evil plot that the grown-ups never could've stopped without you. You matter in a way that's not true for most actual children (or adults).

Also, pro-animal and pro-environment messages abound, too, though it's usually more explicit in the movies.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Sorry, I'm a lil confused. What does this have to do with the term "Pokemon Master"? :O
    I just already explain that in my earlier post. Pokemon Master is just a gimmick to have people sell their merch.

In other words, Pokemon Master doesn't exist. Just like Yu-Gi-Oh in the heart of the cards lingo.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2022-12-01 at 02:12 AM.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground

I just already explain that in my earlier post. Pokemon Master is just a gimmick to have people sell their merch.

In other words, Pokemon Master doesn't exist. Just like Yu-Gi-Oh in the heart of the cards lingo.
    Right. But then I made an argument saying that I disagreed with that. They don't need a "Pokemon Master" gimmick to sell their merchandise. They can just keep on doing what they're doing: making new Pokemon and then making merchandise of some of the most popular.

I think you're right in saying that no Pokemon Masters exist. I also think Ash will never reach his vague goal of becoming one. But that's a way to continue the anime, not necessarily to sell merchandise.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Right. But then I made an argument saying that I disagreed with that. They don't need a "Pokemon Master" gimmick to sell their merchandise. They can just keep on doing what they're doing: making new Pokemon and then making merchandise of some of the most popular.

I think you're right in saying that no Pokemon Masters exist. I also think Ash will never reach his vague goal of becoming one. But that's a way to continue the anime, not necessarily to sell merchandise.
    The way you said it, that makes sense. I mean Gamefreak isn't going to end Pokemon anytime soon and I don't believe that 'Pokemon Master' exists in any way. They're going to create new Pokemon and new worlds to expand for so many years.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The big thing though for this context is Ash has ties to the Gamefreak games, while Goh is more based on Pokemon GO. And overall, GO vastly out earns the mainline games, so having a character connected to the better selling games makes more sense. Also how one of the big creators inside of GameFreak has gone on record saying he figures kids don't stick with the games after they beat the league, they go play on their phones. I have no clue how much Masters EX makes compared to the rest, but GO is a silly big earner, making most of the games profits. So it makes sense that they would move away from Ash, and on to Goh, who represents a game that the makers think more people play, and earns more, and has no end state for people to get bored with. Also he more actively catches mons, while Ash get 5 to 7 then stops. Seems like he would make a better lead for a series about catching mons, and disconnecting the story from gyms might make more options for major plot lines. And they would even be able to have a companion who is interested in the gyms, and not be Ash, or the lead. Which opens the role up to someone else, who makes more sense to struggle with gyms, and can have a story line that doesn't need to continue after the region is over. Heck, they could finally even have the girl companion be the battler, who's seeking the badges. It always felt a little strange how they had to shove the girl off to the fashion contests, which is likely why they grabbed Iris for gen 5, rather then bring in Hilda from the games. Having an aspiring gym leader meant they didn't have to have her getting badges, and they didn't have to turn the battle maiden, which is what Hilda as a name means, into a frilly contest/dance girl. Which is one of the flaws of that arc of the Adventures Manga. Given how the games played out the story, I feel Hilda works best as the canon rival of N, though I'm not sure who works best as canon character of the sequel.

They might just be doing a short run of Goh episodes before we get back to Ash going to Paldea. But I feel it might be cool to move on to Goh and start getting new characters who can do things Ash kept getting shoved into doing when it made little sense. Like new trainer struggling at gyms, in particular.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    The big thing though for this context is Ash has ties to the Gamefreak games, while Goh is more based on Pokemon GO. And overall, GO vastly out earns the mainline games, so having a character connected to the better selling games makes more sense. Also how one of the big creators inside of GameFreak has gone on record saying he figures kids don't stick with the games after they beat the league, they go play on their phones. I have no clue how much Masters EX makes compared to the rest, but GO is a silly big earner, making most of the games profits. So it makes sense that they would move away from Ash, and on to Goh, who represents a game that the makers think more people play, and earns more, and has no end state for people to get bored with. Also he more actively catches mons, while Ash get 5 to 7 then stops. Seems like he would make a better lead for a series about catching mons, and disconnecting the story from gyms might make more options for major plot lines. And they would even be able to have a companion who is interested in the gyms, and not be Ash, or the lead. Which opens the role up to someone else, who makes more sense to struggle with gyms, and can have a story line that doesn't need to continue after the region is over. Heck, they could finally even have the girl companion be the battler, who's seeking the badges. It always felt a little strange how they had to shove the girl off to the fashion contests, which is likely why they grabbed Iris for gen 5, rather then bring in Hilda from the games. Having an aspiring gym leader meant they didn't have to have her getting badges, and they didn't have to turn the battle maiden, which is what Hilda as a name means, into a frilly contest/dance girl. Which is one of the flaws of that arc of the Adventures Manga. Given how the games played out the story, I feel Hilda works best as the canon rival of N, though I'm not sure who works best as canon character of the sequel.

They might just be doing a short run of Goh episodes before we get back to Ash going to Paldea. But I feel it might be cool to move on to Goh and start getting new characters who can do things Ash kept getting shoved into doing when it made little sense. Like new trainer struggling at gyms, in particular.
    That's true as well. I haven't played Pokemon since Generation 1. Pokemon is still a big hit to this day.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Goh is more based on Pokemon GO.
    I never actually made that connection.

...Despite their actual name being the most blatant reference ever.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

22. - Top - End - #922
    Troll in the Playground

Eh, I'm siding that Ash will stick around the anime. He's named after Satoshi- still getting executive director credits- and Pikachu is still available in Paldea. Maybe they're trying a Pokemon Chronicles 2.0 chunk, but it doesn't feel all too likely to me. Also, if they're moving the anime away from the main games to focus on Pokemon Go, then I want a personal apology from everyone in the world who claimed the last couple of generations had to be rushed to meet the deadlines and coincide with the anime episodes.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Funny bit from a review of Scarlet/Purple about sandwiches(With a "official answer from Nintendo disclaimer):

The ham is veggie.

So no worries, you don't eat your new piggy friend.

I mean, I wasn't until they brought it up*, but it is good to know.

*There was a minor huh moment when I discovered meat is on the table, but (thankfully) I didn't pursue that line of thought.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Funny bit from a review of Scarlet/Purple about sandwiches(With a "official answer from Nintendo disclaimer):

The ham is veggie.

So no worries, you don't eat your new piggy friend.

I mean, I wasn't until they brought it up*, but it is good to know.

*There was a minor huh moment when I discovered meat is on the table, but (thankfully) I didn't pursue that line of thought.
    … you know, it could have been interesting if in the Pokémon Arceus game, they did hunt Pokémon for their meat and we, the hero, makes them realize how wrong it is. From what I heard from online reviews (if I remember correctly), we are the one who made the human start bonding with Pokémon for that region when we travelled back in time. That could have been interesting to explore at least, even if it’s pushing the vegan style of life hard lol

Edit: I know, never going to happen since it’s aimed to a general audience. Just saying it would have been interesting.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2022-12-02 at 01:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Five Gyms In
    Show

After second gym, went and beat fire star leader with my charcadet, by being immune to the last pokemons fire moves.

picked up finizen, how has it taken THIS long to finally get a dolphin pokemon?

Okay there was some confusion about where to go next after the third gym of Iono, but I soon figured Water Gym, then Normal gym after that, beating both but the way I did caused the game to do something weird with Nemona's event where I think because I started both Gym challenges before between the gyms, both the 4th and 5th events in the gym story I think overlapped for a moment? I think?

had been running into high level areas way beyond my level 30's pokemon more often after that, not sure where to go. Went to snow place, got to Ice gym but didn't challenge it.

then I just went to Dark type star team leader and beat him, turns out he is weaker than fire star leader. whoops. guess they really expected you to do this game clockwise, didn't they?

beat another titan to get gliding, then just kind of......went around searching for sinistea chips to get to evolve my charcadet. this took me on a journey across the region where I caught various pokemon: toxel, riolu, hattena, goomy, eevee, classics like that.

until I finally got to psychic gym leader town where I figured out that THIS is where the Sinistea chips are, knowing I'd have to beat sinistea to get them and finally I did so and got my ceruledge.

notable pokemon:
    Maushold:
    aaaaah! so cute! the adorableness has doubled! just a little mouse family living in oddly synchronous harmony. thank you for telling me to evolve them MCerberus

tinkatink line:
    awesome, the mawile of the gen 9, fairy/steel, is just good and looks adorable yet badass with that big hammer.

scovillain:
    is this the first fire/grass pokemon? I think it might be. has this asymmetrical design of one head red and the other green

meowscarada:
    a grass/dark cat jester. alright. I like it. also beat my rivals third form starter with a second form starter.

Cyclizar:
    is the dragon type pokemon of this region, but has yet to evolve for me. its probably a druddigeon situation isn't it, I've seen dratini, goomy, bagon and the axew lines around, so this region probably has enough pseudo-legendary dragons without concerning itself with a new one.

I'm also on discord as "raziere".

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler: Five Gyms In
    Show

After second gym, went and beat fire star leader with my charcadet, by being immune to the last pokemons fire moves.

picked up finizen, how has it taken THIS long to finally get a dolphin pokemon?

Okay there was some confusion about where to go next after the third gym of Iono, but I soon figured Water Gym, then Normal gym after that, beating both but the way I did caused the game to do something weird with Nemona's event where I think because I started both Gym challenges before between the gyms, both the 4th and 5th events in the gym story I think overlapped for a moment? I think?

had been running into high level areas way beyond my level 30's pokemon more often after that, not sure where to go. Went to snow place, got to Ice gym but didn't challenge it.

then I just went to Dark type star team leader and beat him, turns out he is weaker than fire star leader. whoops. guess they really expected you to do this game clockwise, didn't they?

beat another titan to get gliding, then just kind of......went around searching for sinistea chips to get to evolve my charcadet. this took me on a journey across the region where I caught various pokemon: toxel, riolu, hattena, goomy, eevee, classics like that.

until I finally got to psychic gym leader town where I figured out that THIS is where the Sinistea chips are, knowing I'd have to beat sinistea to get them and finally I did so and got my ceruledge.

notable pokemon:
    Maushold:
    aaaaah! so cute! the adorableness has doubled! just a little mouse family living in oddly synchronous harmony. thank you for telling me to evolve them MCerberus

tinkatink line:
    awesome, the mawile of the gen 9, fairy/steel, is just good and looks adorable yet badass with that big hammer.

scovillain:
    is this the first fire/grass pokemon? I think it might be. has this asymmetrical design of one head red and the other green

meowscarada:
    a grass/dark cat jester. alright. I like it. also beat my rivals third form starter with a second form starter.

Cyclizar:
    is the dragon type pokemon of this region, but has yet to evolve for me. its probably a druddigeon situation isn't it, I've seen dratini, goomy, bagon and the axew lines around, so this region probably has enough pseudo-legendary dragons without concerning itself with a new one.

Spoiler
    Show
    There is a pseudo-legendary dragon, Cyclizar isn't it.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

27. - Top - End - #927

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is a pseudo-legendary dragon, Cyclizar isn't it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If I'm not mistaken, there's an Ice/Dragon pseudo-legendary added in gen 9

28. - Top - End - #928

Quote Originally Posted by Taevyr View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    If I'm not mistaken, there's an Ice/Dragon pseudo-legendary added in gen 9
    Spoiler: A song of ice and dragons
    Show
    Rare spawn up by the snow line of the region's main mountain and the caves around it. Probably the least common dragon I've seen. Oh but they will give you PLENTY of time on that mountain to look. Had really low expectations for it seeing its base evolution

Also Maushold is competitively viable. There are people getting wrecked by wholesome mouse families.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #929

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Also Maushold is competitively viable. There are people getting wrecked by wholesome mouse families.
    Maushold is Cinccino but overpowered. Kings Rock Cinccino had like a 40% chance to flinch with its 5 hit moves. Maushold has a 10 hit move. That's just funny. Just watch out for Rocky Helmet, that's the biggest scare for the cute mouse family.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I check out Maushold and it's a very powerful Pokemon.