New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1332
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXX: Hot Skitty on Wailord Action!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    -took charmander line and pikachu and fused them into the unholy combination known as "Pikaizard" that Nintendo secretly wishes to create so that it may push its merch upon us forever, as a counter to my rival fusing the other two starters together.
    Given the choice I prefer the opposite fusion, Charchu, which evolves into Charchu, then Charchu, and then into Charchu and finally Charchu. Except is you get your friendship up fast enough, then Charchu evolves into Charchu, which evolves into Charchu again. From that point I guess you have another split though, where you can delay your Thunder Stone, in which case Charchu evolves into Charchu instead of Charchu, but Charchu then still evolves into the final stage Charchu.

If you like being confused then by the end you'll be so entertained that you'll feel like someone should Charchu.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Firbolg in the Playground

I've been trying to determine if I like the sound track from S&V more or less than Sw&Sh.
    Then it hit me, why is every one of the all-out craziest themes played at most twice in the games they're featured? It's like they're trying to hide all the effort

It's stuff like
    Zinnea's battle theme
    Team Star Grunt
    All the legendary capture fights
    Eternatus stage 3
    Guardian of Utopia
    The rival finale themes from sword and shield
    altered beast Lusamine
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

The problem is mostly that if a special effort music piece would play regularly you could easily tire of it. It takes skill and other styles of music to make a standard battle theme memorable and not annoying after the 10th hour of hearing it.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

The trailer for the English dub of Pokémon Horizons has been released. I wonder if these characters are a lil younger than Ash is—I think Roy at some point says that he wants to be a Pokémon trainer, not that he is. In contrast, Ash began as a trainer and wants to be a master.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash was 10 years old in 1997. The new characters are definitely younger than 36.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    The trailer for the English dub of Pokémon Horizons has been released. I wonder if these characters are a lil younger than Ash is—I think Roy at some point says that he wants to be a Pokémon trainer, not that he is. In contrast, Ash began as a trainer and wants to be a master.
    The anime exploring new villains and themes ASIDE from the games? What is this and why am I so happy?

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maat Mons View Post
    Ash was 10 years old in 1997. The new characters are definitely younger than 36.
    Sorry, I'm confused. Isn't Ash ten or eleven? And isn't the anime timeline different than real time? Otherwise, Roy would be in his late 40's by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    The anime exploring new villains and themes ASIDE from the games? What is this and why am I so happy?
    It's pretty cool. I think they started in Pokémon Journeys but I'm glad they're extending it.

8. - Top - End - #1148

If pokemon is going to have villains outside of the games I hope that that mysterious stranger, Clive, shows up to thwart their plans as well.
    Whoever he is
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    If pokemon is going to have villains outside of the games I hope that that mysterious stranger, Clive, shows up to thwart their plans as well.
    Whoever he is
    I don't know who he is, either. But I hope so, too.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Here's my version of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pokemon Team:

Blastoise (Leonardo)
    Torterra (Dontatello)
    Carracosta (Raphael)
    Drednaw (Michelangelo)
    Raticate-Kanto Form (Splinter)
    Kingambit (Shredder)

I think it's a well-balanced team. What does everyone else think about this team?
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Here's my version of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pokemon Team:

Blastoise (Leonardo)
    Torterra (Dontatello)
    Carracosta (Raphael)
    Drednaw (Michelangelo)
    Raticate-Kanto Form (Splinter)
    Kingambit (Shredder)

I think it's a well-balanced team. What does everyone else think about this team?
    Looks good. You have a lot of different types to cover for each other.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Looks good. You have a lot of different types to cover for each other.
    Thank you. It was inspired by another member in this forum so many posts and threads ago. I believe he use a Shuckle as Mikey and Bisharp as Shredder.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you. It was inspired by another member in this forum so many posts and threads ago. I believe he use a Shuckle as Mikey and Bisharp as Shredder.
    Oh, cool! Wonder if Drednaw didn't exist back then.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm not sure but like I said that was a long time ago.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Troll in the Playground

Boj0 had the Bisharp, the Shuckle Mikey was mine. Drednaw did exist when the post was made, but boj0 team's itself was from earlier, and I made the team kind of with a run through an older game in mind. Also because others on the list hadn't been made available in gen 8 yet, and might at that point never be released for it.

Also, Shuckle is orange, and looks somewhat "middle stage"/teenaged, and sort of fits with the power level of the rest of them. (Edit: "them" being the choices I made for that team.)
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2023-08-07 at 04:40 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Boj0 had the Bisharp, the Shuckle Mikey was mine. Drednaw did exist when the post was made, but boj0 team's itself was from earlier, and I made the team kind of with a run through an older game in mind. Also because others on the list hadn't been made available in gen 8 yet, and might at that point never be released for it.

Also, Shuckle is orange, and looks somewhat "middle stage"/teenaged, and sort of fits with the power level of the rest of them.
    Oh, neat! Shuckle surprises me cuz it's such a dreadfully slow Pokémon. But I know nothing about ninja turtles. Maybe the turtles are slow ninjas.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Oh, neat! Shuckle surprises me cuz it's such a dreadfully slow Pokémon. But I know nothing about ninja turtles. Maybe the turtles are slow ninjas.
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has been around since 1984. It is based on a comic book but with a darker aspect. However, it has always been kid-friendly with cartoons and video games.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Titan in the Playground

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has been around since 1984. It is based on a comic book but with a darker aspect. However, it has always been kid-friendly with cartoons and video games.
    Neat! I had no idea about the comic book. I just remember seeing some episodes of TMNT when I was a kid, so I assumed it was a TV show.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Neat! I had no idea about the comic book. I just remember seeing some episodes of TMNT when I was a kid, so I assumed it was a TV show.
    Me too. Oh, I almost forgot that TMNT has action figures as well.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Troll in the Playground

They're not. Mikey (the orange one and the younger brother, hence, the Shuckle) in particular is pretty much an advertizement for ADHD. But, you know, you work with the teenage-ish turtle-ish Pokémon you got.

I like how you put it as "with darker aspects", because a lot of people make the original comic out to be some sort of super dark not suited for children kind of thing, but it really wasn't that dark. I read the original comic run some years back when somebody had put them online (probably illegally, I checked back later and they were gone), and the tone only gets about as dark as that of the first movie. In fact, several of the darker issues were adapted into movie scenes with little changes. Now, the first ninja turtles movie is awesome, I'd really recommend finding it, and it is dark, but it is dark on a kid's level. It deal with things like friends getting hurt while you could have been there to help them, what punishment is appropriate for what misbehavior and the immortal question of "what if you could be a cool teenager, but then you'd have to steal?" It's a masterpiece of talking to late preteens and early teens on their own level without talking down to them. The 2003 cartoon (possibly the most loyal adaptation of the original comics, even closer than the first movie), the 2012 cartoon and the 2016 cartoon operated around the same level of darkness too. It's really only the 1987 series, the secondary comic series based on the 1987 cartoon and some of the later movies that were a bit more lighthearted overall. (With the 2007 movie being the weirdest case by far. The Turtles are basically adults now, with jobs, and all of the character work is about being dark and edgy and Leo and Raph just being a giant bunch of jerks and downers, yet somehow in terms of actual depth it seems to pretty much stay on the surface, and the actual main plot makes no sense.) The original comics also went into goofy looking aliens and such pretty quickly, they weren't exactly grounded.

(It's a good thing Pokémon is easily popular enough to take back its own thread eventually, I don't have to worry about derailing it.)
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2023-08-07 at 03:42 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I like how you put it as "with darker aspects", because a lot of people make the original comic out to be some sort of super dark not suited for children kind of thing, but it really wasn't that dark. I read the original comic run some years back when somebody had put them online (probably illegally, I checked back later and they were gone), and the tone only gets about as dark as that of the first movie. In fact, several of the darker issues were adapted into movie scenes with little changes. Now, the first ninja turtles movie is awesome, I'd really recommend finding it, and it is dark, but it is dark on a kid's level. It deal with things like friends getting hurt while you could have been there to help them, what punishment is appropriate for what misbehavior and the immortal question of "what if you could be a cool teenager, but then you'd have to steal?" It's a masterpiece of talking to late preteens and early teens on their own level without talking down to them. The 2003 cartoon (possibly the most loyal adaptation of the original comics, even closer than the first movie), the 2012 cartoon and the 2016 cartoon operated around the same level of darkness too. It's really only the 1987 series, the secondary comic series based on the 1987 cartoon and some of the later movies that were a bit more lighthearted overall. (With the 2007 movie being the weirdest case by far. The Turtles are basically adults now, with jobs, and all of the character work is about being dark and edgy and Leo and Raph just being a giant bunch of jerks and downers, yet somehow in terms of actual depth it seems to pretty much stay on the surface, and the actual main plot makes no sense.) The original comics also went into goofy looking aliens and such pretty quickly, they weren't exactly grounded.

(It's a good thing Pokémon is easily popular enough to take back its own thread eventually, I don't have to worry about derailing it.)
    Well, that's good to know. My apologies if I went a bit off-topic. I was just giving TaiLiu info about TMNT.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2023-08-07 at 06:13 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1162

Oh and if you want to see what competitive pokemoning is like this weekend is worlds weekend.

As for the turtles and the comics and how dark they are... if we're talking about the movement that spawned the turtle we're getting down a rabbit hole that's deep enough where the sun cannot reach. In fact there is a rabbit in that hole, one Yo-Jimbo. If you do independent research it's a hell of a ride that brings you places from the independent comics movement to the dawn of what the internet calls 'furries' with stuff showing up like the dissolution of the CCA and fringe religious movements.

Wild. Ride.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ogre in the Playground

Tried out Pokémon GO's new Showcases recently. I wish it would be a little clearer about which Showcase resulted in which reward; I think you need to have at least one person competing with you in addition to being in the top three to get anything good (good being defined as something you need to spend in-game currency on in normal circumstances - Incubators, Lucky Eggs, Star Pieces, Incense), but it gives you the rewards for every Showcase you're in (max of three) all together.

I also had a weird bug where I put a Pokémon into one and it registered to a different one nearby instead.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Titan in the Playground

Me too. Oh, I almost forgot that TMNT has action figures as well.
    Makes sense. I've heard that media companies make a lot more money from merchandise than from the media themselves. The Pokémon people earn money not from the games or the shows but from all the toys and figurines they sell.

They're not. Mikey (the orange one and the younger brother, hence, the Shuckle) in particular is pretty much an advertizement for ADHD. But, you know, you work with the teenage-ish turtle-ish Pokémon you got.
    Makes sense. Also, I guess it'd be real speedy in a Trick Room. That's kinda like a ninja.

Well, that's good to know. My apologies if I went a bit off-topic. I was just giving TaiLiu info about TMNT.
    I appreciate the info. I like learning new things.

Oh and if you want to see what competitive pokemoning is like this weekend is worlds weekend.
    I saw an ad for it! Made the whole thing seem super cool.

As for the turtles and the comics and how dark they are... if we're talking about the movement that spawned the turtle we're getting down a rabbit hole that's deep enough where the sun cannot reach. In fact there is a rabbit in that hole, one Yo-Jimbo. If you do independent research it's a hell of a ride that brings you places from the independent comics movement to the dawn of what the internet calls 'furries' with stuff showing up like the dissolution of the CCA and fringe religious movements.

Wild. Ride.
    Are you talking about Usagi Yojimbo? Do you have any references? I looked it up but it seems like furries began as an American phenomenon. That history could be wrong, obviously. Apparently Osamu Tezuka drew furry mice. So maybe the history should start with Japan instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    I also had a weird bug where I put a Pokémon into one and it registered to a different one nearby instead.
    That's frustrating.
    Last edited by TaiLiu; 2023-08-07 at 11:19 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1165

Are you talking about Usagi Yojimbo? Do you have any references? I looked it up but it seems like furries began as an American phenomenon. That history could be wrong, obviously. Apparently Osamu Tezuka drew furry mice. So maybe the history should start with Japan instead.
    The underground comic movement and furries are pretty much siblings in counter-culture due to the 'funny animals'... I don't know what you would call them but 'collective' I think. It pretty much started as an organized thing as subversive of sources like Disney then kind of spiraled. On youtube the down the rabbit hole has a good history of the origins.

But in the west they were the initial group that drove distribution of Usagi Yojimbo as well as transitioning to independent comics and providing the source material that TMNT was a parody of (well the turtle part since the series was ALSO a parody of Daredevil)
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Mikey: ADHD
    Raph: Bipolar
    Donnie: Autistic

I don't have a handle on Leo, if we're calling him ND.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryOgre View Post
    Mikey: ADHD
    Raph: Bipolar
    Donnie: Autistic

I don't have a handle on Leo, if we're calling him ND.
    Asberger's end of ASD perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

28. - Top - End - #1168

My reaction to Paradox Raiku:

Spoiler
    Show

Also the national dex in S/V is getting 200 more mons. We best be getting mudkips. I hear people like him.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

...aaand it turns out there's a cooldown on the Showcases too. I entered three Sunday, there were different Showcases yesterday and today and neither will let me enter again.

Niantic, do you want me to play your game or don't you???
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

The underground comic movement and furries are pretty much siblings in counter-culture due to the 'funny animals'... I don't know what you would call them but 'collective' I think. It pretty much started as an organized thing as subversive of sources like Disney then kind of spiraled. On youtube the down the rabbit hole has a good history of the origins.

But in the west they were the initial group that drove distribution of Usagi Yojimbo as well as transitioning to independent comics and providing the source material that TMNT was a parody of (well the turtle part since the series was ALSO a parody of Daredevil)
    Oh, that makes sense. That's pretty neat. History is a lot of fun.

My reaction to Paradox Raiku:

Spoiler
    Show

Also the national dex in S/V is getting 200 more mons. We best be getting mudkips. I hear people like him.
    That's funny. There are memes already. I haven't played the games but I like the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    ...aaand it turns out there's a cooldown on the Showcases too. I entered three Sunday, there were different Showcases yesterday and today and neither will let me enter again.

Niantic, do you want me to play your game or don't you???
    Pokémon Go really likes its cooldowns and waiting periods. Maybe it incentivizes regular gameplay.