New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXX: Hot Skitty on Wailord Action!

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I'm just checking, but we all remember the crypto-fascists that used slave labor to build a giant castle used a weapon of mass destruction on a city center, right?
    .....I think your talking about BW2 team plasma? also momentary crises where things look bad but no one is really harmed and the villain is foiled in a short amount of time isn't that dark. but then again I think you might be talking BW2, and I only placed BW. I skipped those because I thought they'd just be a copy-paste of BW.

The Plasma Frigate isn't dark, its just a zany nonsensical supervillain plan. no matter how much you insist that it never gets resolved, if probably would be easily reversed if it was ever revisited. its pokemon, I highly doubt the darkness of it, even if its not reversed, that just means it gets done offscreen. especially if its not dwelled on.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

If you want to go dark in Pokémon, just look at some of the Pokédex entries lol

3. - Top - End - #303
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    .....I think your talking about BW2 team plasma? also momentary crises where things look bad but no one is really harmed and the villain is foiled in a short amount of time isn't that dark. but then again I think you might be talking BW2, and I only placed BW. I skipped those because I thought they'd just be a copy-paste of BW.

The Plasma Frigate isn't dark, its just a zany nonsensical supervillain plan. no matter how much you insist that it never gets resolved, if probably would be easily reversed if it was ever revisited. its pokemon, I highly doubt the darkness of it, even if its not reversed, that just means it gets done offscreen. especially if its not dwelled on.
    Even if you pull a "everyone thawed out and was fine" the castle is actually something pretty messed up. These were the released partner pokemon of people who believed N and they were explicit about working them to death.

But you are right in that most of the stuff is letting your imagination run with the concepts. The Crown Tundra seems to be some kind of vault where something or someone is keeping the apocalypse, for example. The musketeers... are not friendly, and just what does it entail being the avatar of life or death when we knew one if not both have been used as a doomsday device.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    If you want to go dark in Pokémon, just look at some of the Pokédex entries lol
    do you say the same for bad campfire stories and Halloween tales? because that is all they amount to. as a spooky as holding up a white sheet with two holes in it and going "OoOoOoOooOoOOoOoOoOoOoOoOoo...."

they're nothing but the pokemon versions of collections of old folk tales to scare children so they behave. pokemonverse scientists would collect old myths as well, and they clearly aren't true given how they live in peace with pokemon.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Colossus in the Playground

Gotta say though, I do love me those "IIf Pokedex Entries were literal" vids from Dorkly.

Making jokes about how dark or messed up some of those things are is one thing, but I'm particularly amused by episode 29
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

see, things like this is why I headcanon that normal animals still exist and somehow are eaten by both humans and pokemon, or else you get a world like that, which doesn't make sense with how pokemon is supposed to work.

Edit: though you might want to check out "Pokemon battle royale" videos by Lockstin and the something about guy. they basically take the literal-ness of the entires then put into pokemon fighting each other until one is left, they're pretty good.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-04-24 at 10:48 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307

see, things like this is why I headcanon that normal animals still exist and somehow are eaten by both humans and pokemon, or else you get a world like that, which doesn't make sense with how pokemon is supposed to work.
    There's a reason why I posted in the headcanon thread about synthetic meat and vegan alternatives becoming increasingly popular in the Pokemon world with each passing year"

Becuase normal animals are only ever referenced in the anime, and even then only briefly, and the games explicitly state that pokemon are eaten a couple of times.

Probably something else that PoBORI Inc is working on. "Cruelty-Free Cultured Slowpoke Tails" and mass-produced berry-based protein bars are probably available in every Pokemart.

Even if we just handwave away the food issue of o u can cheaply mass produce food in a sustainable manner in a way that doesn't unduly hurt anything that's basically a license to print money indefintly.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-04-24 at 10:57 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #308

do you say the same for bad campfire stories and Halloween tales? because that is all they amount to. as a spooky as holding up a white sheet with two holes in it and going "OoOoOoOooOoOOoOoOoOoOoOoOoo...."

they're nothing but the pokemon versions of collections of old folk tales to scare children so they behave. pokemonverse scientists would collect old myths as well, and they clearly aren't true given how they live in peace with pokemon.
    I like the idea that the pokedex just spits out random pieces of trivia and folklore to reward the kids collecting data while performing complex genetic mapping or some other sci-fi purpose.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I wonder how good Meltan and Melmetal are in competitive play? I know that Melmetal is stronger than Meltan because Melmetal stats are very good. By judging the stats it definitely overused or maybe uber tier.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Heya. I was wondering how interested the community here is in discussion of nuzlockes of older gen games? I'm specifically doing Emerald right now but am working my way through the series to refamiliarize myself with the franchise.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I really can't wait for Generation 9 next year.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

I got pokemon shield on a whim a few days ago...I was not expecting to find the game very enjoyable...

Anyway I am working on my Galarian Dex. I am at 371 mons... Would anyone be willing to help me complete it? Don't have much to offer in return but happy to try fulfill any basic requests (I haven't started any breeding projects).

Cheers

RP.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
    Heya. I was wondering how interested the community here is in discussion of nuzlockes of older gen games? I'm specifically doing Emerald right now but am working my way through the series to refamiliarize myself with the franchise.
    Yeah, sure. Go for it. What were you going to post? Just some notes and remarks on stuff you notice while playing?
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

14. - Top - End - #314

I'm not the only one who keeps forgetting that Tangela exists, am I?

Unrelated: Since Rotom was introduced in Diamond and Pearl I kind of hope that the remakes of those introduce more Rotom formed.

I have the mental image of a jackhammer that becomes Ground Type that won't leave me alone.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Managed to nab a shiny HA clefairy today...Unfortunately I missed on a pansimian and a gothitelle...both of which I need for the dex... Only 21 to go to 400...
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

We're all agreed that people who put dross down in a Gym are the absolute worst, right? A 23 Poochyena, your Blueness? Why are you GIVING this gym to Red or Yellow?
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

17. - Top - End - #317

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    We're all agreed that people who put dross down in a Gym are the absolute worst, right? A 23 Poochyena, your Blueness? Why are you GIVING this gym to Red or Yellow?
    That's why you have physical security at any and all gym locations *reveals team Mystic Evolve or Die tat*
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    I went for a walk today and ran into some of these in the Gyms I cleared out. The thing with the lower-level Pokémon is that you still have to battle them three times to boot them out at full HP. And the lower-level a Pokémon is the slower they lose health so they can still be at or near full HP a day later, in contrast to the 3000+ CP behemoth next to it. I spend more time transitioning between Pokémon then I do actually fighting them.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I decided to introduce my three-year-old to Pokémon Sword since she loves helping to play Pokémon Go with my parents whenever she visits them.

I'm letting her play as I read all the text to her. She sometimes gets too excited with the text for me to read it all, but so far she and I are having a blast.

Spoiler: Summary of the first 90 minutes
    Show
    She chose Sobble as her starter and named it Mommy. She knew my wife had wanted it as her starter.
    She is very concerned for Grookey since she hasn't seen it since picking out her starter.
    She loves Wooloo and wants to say hi to every one that she sees. She was somewhat upset she couldn't go say hi to the ones in the background.
    Apparently Rookidee, Blipbug, and Grubbin are too scary to catch or fight since she runs away from each one.
    As soon as she saw Yamper, she told me she loved it and wanted one.
    Current party:
    Mommy the Sobble
    6666666iiioo the Caterpie
    xxxxxxxxxxxx the Wooloo.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by RayGallade View Post
    I decided to introduce my three-year-old to Pokémon Sword since she loves helping to play Pokémon Go with my parents whenever she visits them.

I'm letting her play as I read all the text to her. She sometimes gets too excited with the text for me to read it all, but so far she and I are having a blast.

Show
    She chose Sobble as her starter and named it Mommy. She knew my wife had wanted it as her starter.
    She is very concerned for Grookey since she hasn't seen it since picking out her starter.
    She loves Wooloo and wants to say hi to every one that she sees. She was somewhat upset she couldn't go say hi to the ones in the background.
    Apparently Rookidee, Blipbug, and Grubbin are too scary to catch or fight since she runs away from each one.
    Current party:
    Mommy the Sobble
    xxxxxxxxxxxx the Wooloo.
    That is adorable! Can't wait to hear more about her adventures lol

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    That is adorable! Can't wait to hear more about her adventures lol
    +1 this!

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Show
    Current party:
    Mommy the Sobble
    xxxxxxxxxxxx the Wooloo.
    Awww. That's cute.

23. - Top - End - #323

Scary bugs and birds? Wooloo will stop them
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2021-05-26 at 05:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I just discovered a long time ago that Mr. Mine got two genders (a male and a female Mr. Mime) I find it very interested because I always thought that Mr. Mime was only a male Pokemon since it has the name Mr. Which I assume was a male Pokemon.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

If anyone is interested in a free to play pokemon rpg on either pc or android check out Pokemon Revolution Online, its pretty great.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Ready for another tale of a toddler's journey through Galar?

Spoiler: I think we are at 4 hours? Nope, 6:46 apparently
    Show
    Since my first update, we have made it past Wedgehurst. She spent about a half-hour running back to Route 1 and Postwick to see more Wooloo and say bye to her Mum.
    The following Pokémon were all caught: Yamper, Yamper, Chewtle, Wooloo (2). All except one Yamper have been named xxxxxxxxxxxx.
    Whenever she battles another trainer, she gets worried after beating their Pokémon. The highlight quote for this is "Lauren's sad when I take her Pokémon away."
    Discovering the small ledges was a great treat. "I jumped? Whee! That's fun!"
    We then take a gap between me playing with her and my wife being the reader. Unfortunately, I don't have many notes here, nor have played it myself yet to know exactly what I missed. All I know is she ended up in Motostoke, she managed to beat a level 26 Onix with Mommy the Sobble while the whole party was levels 9-11, and was swept by a wild level 16 Roselia.
    The Wild Area is a hoot to her. She has caught all sorts of Pokémon, mostly naming them xxxxxxxxxxxx, though there is a Goldeen named " úúúúúúúú" in there.
    We've since managed to get back to Motostoke and advanced the story. She thinks Team Yell is scary, but doesn't want them to be sad when she beats their Pokémon. We are back to running around the Wild Area where she has discovered Pokémon Camp. I suspect there will be hours of fun throwing the ball for her Pokémon, talking to them over and over and over and over again, and whistling for them.

Current Party:
    Sobble "Mommy", level 15
    Butterfree, "6666iiiiiioooo", level 11
    Tympole, "xxxxxxxxxxxx", level 14 {Holding a potion, fainted}
    Wooloo, "xxxxxxxxxxxx", level 11 {Holding a potion, fainted}
    Yamper, level 12
    Goldeen, " úúúúúúúú", level 12.

Hope you all enjoy these updates. I tend to write them down as I see something happen, so they may come off as a stream of consciousness.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Ready for another tale of a toddler's journey through Galar?

Hope you all enjoy these updates. I tend to write them down as I see something happen, so they may come off as a stream of consciousness.
    Thank you for the update!

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Discovering the small ledges was a great treat. "I jumped? Whee! That's fun!"
    *loud squeeing* So adorable! Glad to hear your little one is having fun!

29. - Top - End - #329

You daughter may actually be a pokemon protagonist.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

yes!

three nice curveball throws in a row! Suck it, buizel!
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.