New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXX: Hot Skitty on Wailord Action!

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    It's a spambot that copies stuff earlier in the thread to repost to try and slip past the spambot detection.
    Thank you for telling me about that.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I try to be wary of any post that just copies a multi-paragraph post and respnds with less than a sentence that amounts to "Yep, I agree."
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    Yeah, I try to be wary of any post that just copies a multi-paragraph post and respnds with less than a sentence that amounts to "Yep, I agree."
    Woo... I did that a few times but simply because I was busy and yet couldn’t take the time to articulate a more elaborated answer! I guess I should refrain of doing so from now on

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

See? Like that.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

See? Like that.
    Oooh ok. So it's THAT obvious! Good to know!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Woo... I did that a few times but simply because I was busy and yet couldn’t take the time to articulate a more elaborated answer! I guess I should refrain of doing so from now on
    The Mod Ogre: History matters a fair bit, though. You've got over 11,000 posts... your occasional "I am just chiming in" posts are assumed to be you just chiming in, not building past the 10-post requirement for posting a link. Doesn't let you get away with rule-breaking... "The Mods are poopy-heads" is still gonna catch you a warning, if not some points... but we're not going to give you more than a "Please Don't", if that, for those kinds of posts.

We're heartless, Judge-Dredd style, enforcers, not ****-heads.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Oooh ok. So it's THAT obvious! Good to know!
    I feel like I should mention that there was a post I was responding to that has been removed, I'm not calling you out, and I'm not sure if you saw the really obvious bot post; but I have no problems with what you have posted I just thought it was funny that right as it came up we got one in response.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

I feel like I should mention that there was a post I was responding to that has been removed, I'm not calling you out, and I'm not sure if you saw the really obvious bot post; but I have no problems with what you have posted I just thought it was funny that right as it came up we got one in response.
    I saw it, hence why I was surprised how obvious it was. But did not have time to answer it immediately because of real life. By the time I answered, the original post had been removed lol

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    "The Mods are poopy-heads"
    Hey, your words, not ours.

Although none of us would of course dare suggest the mods aren't always right.

I mean uhh, how about those Pokémon huh? My headcanon is that everyone who's not best friends with the regional professor's kid gets their starter from the local gym. They're given a choice of a number of locally caught or bred Pokémon fitting the gym's type or theme. Nothing special, no hyper rare exotic mon, something like a choice between Wooper, Numel and Nidoran for a ground type gym for instance.

It doesn't quite match the society we see in the games, but it gets closer than the idea that everyone who turns ten gets the same choice of three Pokémon you don't see anywhere else during your journey.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2021-03-13 at 04:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    I mean uhh, how about those Pokémon huh? My headcanon is that everyone who's not best friends with the regional professor's kid gets their starter from the local gym. They're given a choice of a number of locally caught or bred Pokémon fitting the gym's type or theme. Nothing special, no hyper rare exotic mon, something like a choice between Wooper, Numel and Nidoran for a ground type gym for instance.

It doesn't quite match the society we see in the games, but it gets closer than the idea that everyone who turns ten gets the same choice of three Pokémon you don't see anywhere else during your journey.
    We actually see one example of that – Wally in Gen 3 asks Norman for help and Norman pushes you off to help Wally catch whatever happens to turn up first in the nearest patch of grass. It's probably like that in general – not necessarily gym-specific, just whatever's local unless someone happens to decide to give the new kid a gift. Maybe sometimes it's the family's pet's egg or similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    We actually see one example of that – Wally in Gen 3 asks Norman for help and Norman pushes you off to help Wally catch whatever happens to turn up first in the nearest patch of grass. It's probably like that in general – not necessarily gym-specific, just whatever's local unless someone happens to decide to give the new kid a gift. Maybe sometimes it's the family's pet's egg or similar.
    And then you have Nanu in Gen 7. Where you see him actually doing his job for once, and offering a kid three starters... that're all Alolan Meowths.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Last night I dream that I battle against Mewtwo with my Magikarp. Mewtwo was using Psychic on Magikarp by it missed. My Magikarp was using Tackle and it KO Mewtwo with one-hit. Best Pokemon battle dream ever!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Colossus in the Playground

A little bit ago, Austin of Game Theory and Shoddycast released a video talking about the Pokerus virus and how it works...

He gets some details of EV training wrong, but... Basically, he points out that something like Pokerus, a virus that makes you better instead of worse and continues to have an effect after the virus completly leaves your system is very plausible... But not in nature.

He speculates that Pokerus is a gene therapy treatment that was accidentally released into the wild.

And this has given me some ideas vis a vis that Pokemon cyberpunk Idea I had a while ago.

A "Pokerus 2.0" if you will... But I'm not sure what exactly it would do beyond vague ideas of it being involved in the process of modifying the PCs.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    A "Pokerus 2.0" if you will... But I'm not sure what exactly it would do beyond vague ideas of it being involved in the process of modifying the PCs.
    It could be a plausible reason why people just start mutating into pokemon hybrids without needing to directly involve a mad scientist every time, because without it, there is the problem of how does the information of it spread because if a mad scientist is a villain we'd either have to agree for at least one to escape and spread the information, or for the mega-corp doing it to have backups of the information, or to not defeat that scientist immediately no matter how logical or pragmatic our characters are about opposing them.

the best part is since its a virus so a lot of what it can do, can change as it mutates and thus depend on the plot: different strains can develop for different stories and thus one strain doing this or that doesn't need to be explained why another strain is doing something else, and we wouldn't always have to justify a particularly strange change as being an intentional design because we may not always come up with a reason why someone would design this or that.

basically it could be a plot device that offers wiggle room for things we could not normally do without it as long as we keep in mind that we decide who it effects, how it affects them and when and those can change on a case by case basis.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

15. - Top - End - #285

Thinking about it, since the base Pokerus permanently doubles the EVs you can get from battle but don't increase the total EVs a pokemon can get or the ratio of EV to stat increase, if we assume that Austin's theory is right then the purpose of Pokerus seems to be to accelerate the rate at which a given Pokemon can achieve its specific potential: It doubles the rate it gets faster or stronger but it still has the same upper limit and investing time limits how good you can get at other things.

So, it's possible that our hypothetical Megacorp might have tried to use Modified Pokerus to just... Skip the process. Minimize the need for training. In-game terms, just... Make the Pokemon have perfect IV and EV for every stat, to use the in-game terminology

Whether that's how it would work out or not is a different question.

There's also the idea that since Pokerus can infect just about anything it seems, rather than improving it as is, it's used in the creation of Hybrids and enhanciles as a vessel for genetic modifications.

"This is Pokerus DE-RTT-1, which is used as a vessel for genetic material and enzymes that, in a process similar to CRISPR, introduces genes from Ditto, Eevee, and Ratata into the subject's own genome. By itself, this has a negligible effect on the subject, but by using this device, which fires a concentrated beam of energy that matches the aggregated radiation signatures of all known Evolution Stones, on the subject it temporarily activates the Ditto and Eevee genes implanted in the test subject, causing a metamorphosis that is halfway between a permanent use of the transformability and Pokemon evolution, resulting in the permanent activation and interpretation of the Subject's Ratata genes. One test subject has even evolved from a Ratata-Human Hybrid to a Raticate-Human Hybrid. While still developmental, we've created strains of Pokerus DE for many different Pokemon species that come in a variety of means of hybridization from minor cosmetic changes to full transformation into a pokemon. We're expecting a major market in both the military and among Pokemaniacs and other Otaku."

"This is Pokerus RB-5, splicing the subject with traits from Beldum and Rotom, which allows their bodies to properly synergize with the techno-organic prosthetics we've developed based on various 'living object' Pokemon. Useful for both medical use and, well, the military. Please don't ask about Pokerus RB-1 through RB-4"

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Ok, I found these interesting Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Tier List. I found it intriguing this Tier List is very accurate.

https://rankedboost.com/pokemon-lets-go/best-pokemon/

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

How could a list like that not be accurate though? They're just listing them by actual ingame stats. (Rather than say giving a judgement of how good a pokémon is in use based on stats, typing, moves and its interactions with other pokémon (place in the metagame) combined.)
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2021-04-21 at 01:43 AM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    How could a list like that not be accurate though? They're just listing them by actual in-game stats. (Rather than say giving a judgment of how good a pokémon is in use based on stats, typing, moves, and its interactions with other pokémon (place in the metagame) combined.)
    I didn't say that this tier list wasn't accurate and I'm pretty there is another tier list out there besides this one.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Firbolg in the Playground

So with the stimulus check I was planning to either get a new PC or console.
    Then I found out demand and the chip shortage meant everything was out of stock.

Then I thought back and remembered that I liked collecting pokemon cards more than playing them, kind of a stamp/coin thing.
    And I mean there can't be a massive shortage of pokemon cards right?

WHAT HAPPENED?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

YouTube/Twitch influencers combined the popularity of unboxing with the popularity of Pokémon; apparently when people remembered that some old cards are worth money that caused a giant boom in tcg speculation. I've heard second-hand that some retailers are limiting how many packs people can buy.

21. - Top - End - #291

YouTube/Twitch influencers combined the popularity of unboxing with the popularity of Pokémon; apparently when people remembered that some old cards are worth money that caused a giant boom in tcg speculation. I've heard second-hand that some retailers are limiting how many packs people can buy.
    That's really weird because in the, hold on a second *gets old man cane*, in the 90s we never had these problems. You could buy booster packs at news stands. And deck sets in CD shops. *shakes cane at youtube*
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #292
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

It also doesn't help that with all of whats happening health wise globally, it really shook up a lot of factories abilities to maintain production. So a drop in production, combined with a boost in demand, lead to a shortage.

The increase in demand might have also happened due to disillusionment with the most recent set of games, along with the poorly showing new upcoming games, so people moved on to the card game, which has been building in popularity for a long while now. Or at least, been consistently number 3 in terms of top card games behind yugioh and magic for a good while now, if not fighting yugioh for number 2.

23. - Top - End - #293

Alright, vstock is out of bulk cards.
    When it gets that low I think we're seeing a bubble
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294

I hope no one minds if I post this here.

The Somar Region

Occupying an almost archipelago of two large islands with four smaller islands between them, the Somar Region is a mini region with very few unique native Pokemon species. However, over the centuries many pokemon from many other regions have migrated there and settled permanently or semipermeable, giving the region a great deal of diversity in wild pokemon.

The Somar region for decades suffered from severe poverty but approximately thirty years ago the at the time small "Pokemon Bio-Organic Research and Innovation Incorporated," or "PoBORI Inc" moved their main operations there. PoBORI Inc's mission statement? "Humanely and ethically studying the biology of pokemon and the flora that have evolved alongside them, discover the biomechanical and bio-physical mechanics behind them, and use them to create technology to improve the lives of both man and pokemon."

Their first major success was using the Somar Region's native, unique Apricorn species, one heartier than most other varieties, for crossbreeding experiments with other species. By doing this, PoBORI Inc was able to mass manufacture Pokeballs far more cheeply than many competitors. While PoBORI Inc has not been able to displace Silph Co's monopoly in the major regions, they've been able to make a killing in smaller markets and by selling certain specialty balls at more affordable prices.

This fortune was not only used to fund further research, it was invested into various parts of the Somar Region, building up prosperity for its people and investing in, emerging with, or sometimes, if necessary, buying out struggling local businesses.

No, the eight major cities of the region sprawl and bustle, riding around in their PoBORI Inc made room cars, browsing the internet, and doing business on PoBori Inc brand Rotomphones, Pokemon Centers using PoBORI Inc medicines and equipment to save the lives of the beloved Pokemon companions of the Somar Regions happy, prosperous citizens who live happy, stress-free lives thanks to PoBORI Inc Lobbyists influencing the Region's governments to keep cost of living low and all of the high paying PoBORI Inc jobs(with great benefits!) and cheap, comprehensive education that can be easily obtained from any of a number of affordable PoBORI Inc sponsored schools.

Somarian people are enteretained by turmenents, exhibition matches, and Leauge Battles held in grand PoBORI Inc sponsored stadiums, and League trainers train, battle, and test their might in PoBORI Inc sponsored Gyms(Located in All Major Cities!)

CEO Ace Helix, despite his aged appearance, projects a friendly and approachable demeanor and, when not at the office, is an avid Pokemon Battler... In fact, he's won the League Championship fair and square more than once and currently holds the position.

Other than occasional easily quelled terrorist actions by Team Greens, a bunch of ineffectual eco-terrorist whackjobs who claim with no proof think that PoBORI Inc is performing inhuman experiments on Humans and Pokemon. Things are great. But really, very few people ever get hurt and Team Greens is easily delt with by the authorities.

All is well in the PoBORI... I mean, Somar region.
    Spoiler: Or is it?
    Show
    No, no it's not.

PoBORI Inc's CEO and Board of Directors, as well as all major investors, are motivated entirely on Greed and lining their own pockets.

They didn't come to Somar to be generous, but because the laws in the Somar Region in regards to certain kinds of... Research, aren't as strict as in other regions.

Nobody talks about how trainers sometimes go missing in the caves between Hemoglo City and Mount Cranium, for example.

All of kind, generous, 'sharing the wealth' actions they've taken was to get the people on their side as they slowly infiltrated, subverted, and took over every aspect of Somarian society. PoBORI Inc is the government, they are the league, they are the police, the firemen, the schools, the hospitals...

PoBORI Inc, over the last few decades, has become the Somar Region.

Only the upper-crust of the upper-crust know just how extensive their control is, but the Company has ways of making sure only the loyal or the buyable make it to any position of real power.

The Leadership of Team Greens consists entirely of PoBORI Inc paramilitary agents who find and radicalize anyone with valid complaints against the company in order to both keep control over potential dissenters and to discredit anyone who tries to expose their crimes.

The Elite Four all hold undying Loyalty to Ace Helix and the company, and the Gym Leaders

...Though, one has to wonder how loyal some of the Gym Leaders knew what was being done in the secret laboratory in the heart of Osteo forest. Something that Ace Helix thinks will pave the way for the transition from dominating Somar to ruling the World.

There are so many loopholes regarding the international regulations on the use of Pokemon in military after all. And very few regulations on the use of humans.

The Archipelago that makes up the Somar Region consists of Renal Island to the West, Respir Island to the East, named for their shapes, and between them Northwest Phlemg Island, Notheast Chole Island, Southeast Melaina, and Southwest Blood Island.

Collectively, the Islands between Renal Island and Respir Islands are called the Islands of Good Humor.

At the Northernmost section of Renal Island, there is a forest of bone-white barked trees that dominates as far as the eyes can see, all the way out to the cliffs that make up the northern shore. This is Osteo Forest, and entrance to it is strictly regulated due to the presence of many dangerous Pokemon that live in the area... Particularly some unusually aggressive Regional Variant Phanttumps and Trevenant.

As an aside, most dusk stones in the region are found in Osteo Forest by carefully trained extraction teams employed by PoBORI Inc.
    Spoiler: Details on Regional Phanttump
    Show
    Bark is White, they're able to learn dark type moves, particularly dark pulse, and a few minor poison type moves. They evolve from Dusk Stones instead of trade, creating a Dark/Grass Type Trevenant

South of Osteo Forest is Spinabase City, where most trainers taking the league challenge try to earn their first badge. A relatively small city, Spinabase's Gym Leader, Skelo, is friendly and specializes in common normal types, stating his personal belief that anyone and anything can be great with adequate care. hard work, and maybe a hand up. Many people who now work in the Gym started out as trainers who came to challenge him, lost for one reason or another, but decided to stay around because his kind words of encouragement made them feel like they could do more good working with him that going off on their own... This was, of course, not what he meant, but he won't turn down anyone who wants to join his Gym without a very good reason.

Further south are vast plaines and rolling hills dotted with small towns and ilges until one makes it the southern shores of the kidney-shaped isle, where one finds a beach. Follow the path east and you'll run into Adrenal Town, home to another Gym and a free Ferry Service to Blood Island.

Blood Island's only major city is Lymphocyte Town, which hosts a Gym, though to the far north one may find a small town infamous in the region for "the Duke," an old man who seems refuses to die. A surfer in his youth, in his old age he claims that he can teach anyone or anything how to easily traverse the seas on body or bored... Though most dismiss him both for his ridiculous claims ("My Charizard knows surf!") and his open distrust of PoBORI Inc

Phlegm Island is similar, though almost a mirror image, one large town and one small settlement in reversed positions, and the pattern is repeated on Chole Island and Melania Island.

Strong natural currents and the presence of Whirlpools around the northern end of Lungshaped Respir Island direct all travelers coming by see to the Southernmost section of the Island, a beach somewhat Rockeier than one on Southern Renal Island, which leads up into plains until arrives in the Twin Cities of Oxy City and Hemoglo City. Despite being right across the Pulmonary River from each other and built along similar plans, and despite being dependant on each other due to one city holding the factories that produce products the other needs, the citizens of each city hate each other with a passion each claiming that the other's Gym draws attention away from it's own.

North of the city are a series of small mountains that are difficult to navigate on foot. Most people take the Tram north to Cerebellum City, home of both The Elite Four and PoBORI Inc headquarters, but it's tradition for trainers taking the League challenge to walk or bike through a series of tunnels that start just outside of Hemoglo City and take the trainer directly to Mount Cranium, a large but more navigatable mountain that has a trail that leads to Cerebellum City.

Legend Has it that a trio of Rare and Powerful Pokemon make their homes in the tree caves near the rounded peak of Mount Cranium, which from a distance make the impression of a small skull at the top of the mountain, but everyone who has ever tried to find them ha either returned empty-handed or been lost in a mountaineering accident, leading to the paths towards the peak being chained off.

So obviously this is a setting for that Biopunk/Cyberpunk idea I've been talking about on and off.

Just want to have it written down somewhere.

Since it's leaning more towards biopunk than cyberpunk, I went with biology-themed names.

I've got the characters with major roles in a hypothetical game down, but I've got a few more towns to name and some details to flesh out.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-04-24 at 04:47 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

You should probably put that in a google doc or an openoffice doc, I personally take all my notes in openoffice, but if you want to share, its best you put it in a google doc.

all I got is various permutations of my idea for the pokerus on that front.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Whee, I got to level 40 today in Pokémon Go!

...I can already tell that ‘Catch 200 Pokémon in a day’ notification is going to be irritating.

27. - Top - End - #297

What kind of tone are you going for in this setting?
    It looks good if you're trying to keep it light, but at times you're reaching out for darker stuff.

If that's the case, you may want to change the ecological status quo. Species being introduced constantly could result in just waves of invasive species displacing the last ones. This would make wildlands and farming always at least a little on edge.

Also I have some unused plans for a biotech-related themed team and some of the stuff gets like... profoundly messed up. Like the plotline I was planning was having them artificially accelerate the growth and mind control of a stolen adolescent Moltres (comics canon, the primes have kids) in order to take down the league. So even when stopped, you still have a VERY mad parent,who happens to be *checks note* the flame incarnate god of summer whose wrath will upset the delicate balance and destroy the world. Then we have restarting the Mew program (cloning never ends well).

Also for names, remember one of the cool things about -punk settings is the collision between mythology and the future. So team green can have ranks like "Cyclops", "Six-Arms", etc (in this case progeny of Gaia). The populace may refer to trainers as Errants or Gladiators. That kind of fun stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    What kind of tone are you going for in this setting?
    It looks good if you're trying to keep it light, but at times you're reaching out for darker stuff.
    Similar to canon, but focused differently.

Pokemon looks very light and family-friendly not the surface but get really fricking dark if you know where to look.

Little darker since it is a 'Punk' tone with the "Evil Megacorp controls the area and does seriously messed up things" but the game to start with is at the start of the tone where body mods are... Other than maybe very minor stuff, top-secret and experimental.

Like, people with high-quality prosthetics or wealthy pokefantatics having gotten cosmetic mutations from Pokemon DNA(not unlike the "Splicing Phenomena" from Batman Beyond, only the gang running it and other criminals have actual powers from being spliced with animal DNA, with other people it's just changing their eyes) both probably exist and a relatively common in the Region, but major modifications are either top-secret or only just starting to happen.

If the game lasts long enough I imagine it would eventually start moving more towards Post-Cyberpunk...

But there would be dark moments, yes. There's a reason why the forest that all the top-secret experiments are being done in is full of a particularly vengeful variant of a Pokemon that's rumored in legends to be the ghost of a child who died in the forest.

If that's the case, you may want to change the ecological status quo. Species being introduced constantly could result in just waves of invasive species displacing the last ones. This would make wildlands and farming always at least a little on edge.
    I was thinking less constant introduction and more "kind of like how you can find Kanto or Jhoto native species in every region" type thing but to extremes. Pokemon from other regions just kind of ended up there over time for various reasons so the ecosystem is kind of a hodgepodge.

Not exactly realistic, but since this is meant for Freeform Roleplay I don't want to limit people's options if I ever actually do this.

Also I have some unused plans for a biotech-related themed team and some of the stuff gets like... profoundly messed up. Like the plotline I was planning was having them artificially accelerate the growth and mind control of a stolen adolescent Moltres (comics canon, the primes have kids) in order to take down the league. So even when stopped, you still have a VERY mad parent,who happens to be *checks note* the flame incarnate god of summer whose wrath will upset the delicate balance and destroy the world. Then we have to restart the Mew program (cloning never ends well).
    I was considering having Ace Helix have a Type Null in his team and the idea that there's a Mewtwo in the region(possibly a Regional Variant Mewtwo since SwSh established Regional Variant Legendaries exist) makes sense, but...

Honestly, I'm leaning more towards "Artificial Hybrids, both gestated and spliced, Combat Capable Cybernetics and Bionics derived from studying steel types and living object Pokemon, Detective Pikachu situations, and literal cases of someone being physically fused with a Pokemon... Or part of one."
    Also for names, remember one of the cool things about -punk settings is the collision between mythology and the future. So team green can have ranks like "Cyclops", "Six-Arms", etc (in this case progeny of Gaia). The populace may refer to trainers as Errants or Gladiators. That kind of fun stuff.
    This is good though.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Pokemon looks very light and family-friendly not the surface but get really fricking dark if you know where to look.
    *kinda-sorta hand motion*

Thats overstating it a little.

honestly you can "find" darkness in anything light if you look hard enough. because light stories to make things light is all about ignoring the implications of this or that so as to focus on the light stuff. often when those implications are explored the darkness writes itself. often the darkness people find are them drawing their own conclusions from those implications and on some level wanting it to be darker.

but taking a few examples and drawing a few conclusions not supported by the source itself doesn't really make a thing dark.

(this isn't me speaking out against the setting or being unwilling to play or anything, I'm just pointing things out for the sake of pointing things out because I don't believe what you said is the full truth, in case you were wondering)

30. - Top - End - #300

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    *kinda-sorta hand motion*

Thats overstating it a little.

honestly you can "find" darkness in anything light if you look hard enough. because light stories to make things light is all about ignoring the implications of this or that so as to focus on the light stuff. often when those implications are explored the darkness writes itself. often the darkness people find are them drawing their own conclusions from those implications and on some level wanting it to be darker.

but taking a few examples and drawing a few conclusions not supported by the source itself doesn't really make a thing dark.

(this isn't me speaking out against the setting or being unwilling to play or anything, I'm just pointing things out for the sake of pointing things out because I don't believe what you said is the full truth, in case you were wondering)
    I'm just checking, but we all remember the crypto-fascists that used slave labor to build a giant castle used a weapon of mass destruction on a city center, right?
    Spoiler
    Show