New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1300
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXX: Hot Skitty on Wailord Action!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Gift them four Pokémon and one polka man, then see what happens.
    I have no access to Weird Als with which to gift them, were that I could.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I have a question regarding a Pokemon tournament: It is possible to forfeit during the tournament or not?
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

3. - Top - End - #1113

At any point in the game you can forfeit the game/match and you can drop from the tournament between rounds.

Generally this is done when you're mathematically eliminated and want to get lunch and unwind at the side-events.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    At any point in the game you can forfeit the game/match and you can drop from the tournament between rounds.

Generally this is done when you're mathematically eliminated and want to get lunch and unwind at the side-events.
    Ok, thank you.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Troll in the Playground

Decided to watch Ash's last anime season, which just ended (in Japanese, which I don't speak, but subtitles are a thing).

Spoiler: Aim to be a Pokémon Master
    Show
    It's pretty much a non-ending. They have a bunch of callbacks (still missing Primape), but all the season really does in terms of long term impact on Ash's story is confirm that Ash will keep traveling with Pikachu forever. All the other characters stay unchanged too. Those who already had an ending (like Tracey Sketchit working at professor oak's lab) stay in that ending, everyone else just stays unchanged. The only sort of exceptions are characters that get reset to before the pseudo-ending they got, notably Pidgeot and team Rocket, who are now damned to an eternity of trying to capture Pikachu every single day. There's even a whole episode about Misty catching a new Pokémon, which does not come up as a plot point in the rest of the episodes. So the idea really is "this story will just keep expanding and moving forward forever, we're just not showing you."

Because they don't have to try and finish and tie off decades of story in these eleven episodes, that leaves room for a new and self contained plot. And that plot isn't bad. It's almost a bit like a movie. Ash impresses a legendary Pokémon, fights an overdesigned one time villain with a strong Pokémon, wins the day by making friends, that sort of stuff. The pacing is just weird. The legendary watches Ash in secret for 8 episodes or so to find him worthy, and then they wrap up what would usually be the other 2/3 of the movie within one episode.

Pseudo-genwunners like myself will get a bit of value out of all the callbacks, for a large part to generation 1, but the season was overall a bit more "business as usual" than I was kind of hoping to see. Would have been pretty cool to see them pull something like a 60 year time skip in the final episode, have grandpa Ash tell his grandchildren that that is how he finally decided on... well, something, anything.

But we do have a definition of being a Pokémon Master now: it's someone who's friends with all the Pokémon in the world. It appears it really is just a term Ash made up himself with the intention of just having it sound cool.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2023-03-26 at 03:19 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Decided to watch Ash's last anime season, which just ended (in Japanese, which I don't speak, but subtitles are a thing).

Show
    It's pretty much a non-ending. They have a bunch of callbacks (still missing Primape), but all the season really does in terms of long term impact on Ash's story is confirm that Ash will keep traveling with Pikachu forever. All the other characters stay unchanged too. Those who already had an ending (like Tracey Sketchit working at professor oak's lab) stay in that ending, everyone else just stays unchanged. The only sort of exceptions are characters that get reset to before the pseudo-ending they got, notably Pidgeot and team Rocket, who are no damned to an eternity of trying to capture Pikachu every single day. There's even a whole episode about Misty catching a new Pokémon, which does not come up as a plot point in the rest of the episodes. So the idea really is "this story will just keep expanding and moving forward forever, we're just not showing you."

Because they don't have to try and finish and tie off decades of story in these eleven episodes, that leaves room for a new and self contained plot. And that plot isn't bad. It's almost a bit like a movie. Ash impresses a legendary Pokémon, fights an overdesigned one time villain with a strong Pokémon, wins the day by making friends, that sort of stuff. The pacing is just weird. The legendary watches Ash in secret for 8 episodes or so to find him worthy, and then they wrap up what would usually be the other 2/3 of the movie within one episode.

Pseudo-genwunners like myself will get a bit of value out of all the callbacks, for a large part to generation 1, but the season was overall a bit more "business as usual" as I was kind of hoping to see. Would have been pretty cool to see them pull something like a 60 year time skip in the final episode, have grandpa Ash tell his grandchildren that that is how he finally decided on... well, something, anything.

But we do have a definition of being a Pokémon Master now: it's someone who's friends with all the Pokémon in the world. It appears it really is just a term Ash made up himself with the intention of just having it sound cool.
    They’re still doing Pokémon episodes, just with a new protagonist aren’t they? They’re probably keeping the door open so in case that doesn’t work out they can bring the existing characters back. And have cameos and such.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1117

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post

Show
    It's pretty much a non-ending. They have a bunch of callbacks (still missing Primape), but all the season really does in terms of long term impact on Ash's story is confirm that Ash will keep traveling with Pikachu forever. All the other characters stay unchanged too. Those who already had an ending (like Tracey Sketchit working at professor oak's lab) stay in that ending, everyone else just stays unchanged. The only sort of exceptions are characters that get reset to before the pseudo-ending they got, notably Pidgeot and team Rocket, who are no damned to an eternity of trying to capture Pikachu every single day. There's even a whole episode about Misty catching a new Pokémon, which does not come up as a plot point in the rest of the episodes. So the idea really is "this story will just keep expanding and moving forward forever, we're just not showing you."

Pseudo-genwunners like myself will get a bit of value out of all the callbacks, for a large part to generation 1, but the season was overall a bit more "business as usual" as I was kind of hoping to see. Would have been pretty cool to see them pull something like a 60 year time skip in the final episode, have grandpa Ash tell his grandchildren that that is how he finally decided on... well, something, anything.

Silly fandom stuff follows:

Spoiler
    Show
    since the last scene appears to be Ash taking a nap under a rainbow, I need to see who on the dub team to add a final line "wake up Ash". Why? To drive the entire fandom completely insane over that one theory
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Spoiler: My Degrassi/Pokemon Crossover Story
    Show
    I wrote a Degrassi/Pokemon Crossover story about a Mono Fire Type Pokemon Trainer who made a bet with a Mono Bug Type Trainer he bet whoever wins the Pokemon battle loser will win 100,000 Poke dollars. Funnily enough, the Bug Trainer wipe out his entire Fire Type team with his Mega Pinsir. The Fire Type Pokemon trainer was upset that he lost the battle and the bet. He vows he'll get revenge.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

So I randomly stumbled into a shiny Mudsdale and named it the WORST thing. I named it Artax. After the horse from Neverending Story. I think I have the worst naming sense.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    So I randomly stumbled into a shiny Mudsdale and named it the WORST thing. I named it Artax. After the horse from Neverending Story. I think I have the worst naming sense.
    Nah, it's dark humor but it's good dark humor LOL!

Saw a meme where someone username was "war" so when you traded Pokemon with hinm, it said your were sending your pokemon to war LOL

11. - Top - End - #1121

Question of deepest philosophy: if you see a shiny while doing the story to you change your team or box the shiny?
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

Question of deepest philosophy: if you see a shiny while doing the story to you change your team or box the shiny?
    I almost always box it. The only time I haven't was my second playthrough of Violet. I caught a Nacli to add to my team, and then a couple hours later, I found a shiny Nacli with better stats. So, I swapped them and used the shiny on my team. Every other time I've found a shiny, though, I've already had a full team established and wasn't going to replace any of my treasured party members.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    I almost always box it. The only time I haven't was my second playthrough of Violet. I caught a Nacli to add to my team, and then a couple hours later, I found a shiny Nacli with better stats. So, I swapped them and used the shiny on my team. Every other time I've found a shiny, though, I've already had a full team established and wasn't going to replace any of my treasured party members.
    Same. I only found a Skiddo and Golduck shiny but wasn't willing to put them in my team just because of their looks. I already have a list of Pokemon I like and if it's not among it, well too bad.

I will probably trade those shiny with one of my friends if they want it though. I love the Skiddo/Gogoat shiny but it's a bit of a shame to just box it and forget about it you know?

14. - Top - End - #1124

NecromancerGirl

90% of the time I don't prebuild my team, especially when its my first run through the game after launch. If its something I would be interested in using, sure I will swap it in. When playing Pokemon Scarlet I found a random wild Shiny Lechonk, and it was in my party for a good while before power was needed and its movepool at the time was very poor. But other times I will leave out the mon, as I either want something else, or I actually prefer its base form shiny to its evolved shiny. Same Scarlet run, I found a shiny Wiglett, and I prefer its shiny to Wugtrio so its still a Wiglett hanging out in my shiny box. But I have barely ever found shiny mons while doing runs, so this question has only found an answer in me recently. And I guess it was "both".

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Every other time I've found a shiny, though, I've already had a full team established and wasn't going to replace any of my treasured party members.
    This is the problem I ran into the few times I’ve found a shiny. I think the only shiny I’ve used regularly was the Red Gyarados.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

Depends. The first shiny I remember catching was a sickly-green zubat. I had a full team already, so I boxed. I most recently caught a shiny zigzagoon, which I think changed my team plans—the zigzagoon became a member of the party.* But that was partly cuz I hadn't filled my team up yet. (Then, in the same game, I came across a shiny marill. I was gonna add it to my team but then crit'd it. So my obligatory water type became a golduck.)

* Technically my most recently shiny was the red gyarados. But does it really count?
    Last edited by TaiLiu; 2023-04-06 at 12:11 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ettin in the Playground

I box shinies. I know i caught a shiny Sableye when I was playing Scarlet, but I was looking for one of them Glimmets and I don't like Sableye. There was another shiny I caught in Scarlet that I had no intention of using, either, but I can't remember what it was.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

latest focus music I found got me to play Pokemon Infinite Fusions for about ten hours straight I think? I went from starting it all the way to Celadon City and here is what I did along the way:
    -took charmander line and pikachu and fused them into the unholy combination known as "Pikaizard" that Nintendo secretly wishes to create so that it may push its merch upon us forever, as a counter to my rival fusing the other two starters together.
    -fused one female nidoran with a clefairy and another with a zubat.
    -fused anorith and kabuto to create this metal kabuto shell fusion
    -fused a cubone and a honedge to get a cubone wielding a sword and cool scarf
    -fused a gyarados and sandslash for a water/ground type, better than a 4x weak to electricity water/flying. after all, the mudkip line was real good in Hoenn....
    -fused a mr. mime and a jigglypuff and now I have a clown jigglypuff that is oddly one of my best pokemon who destroys any with low special defense with psychic attacks

fusing is in general fun. though the thing I like about IF other than the fusions is that if you find them, you can get tools to replace HMs so that you don't have to use the HMs, which is real good, and the sidequest system gives me more to do than just doing gyms which gives more places to go, which actually feels good to have. like Infinite Fusions is just full of little touches and mini-game stuff you wouldn't think would be in here that really makes it clear that the person is good at what they do, does it right and loves pokemon. like it could've just been pokemon firered/leafgreen with fusions, and it is that, a lot, but they didn't stop there, they just kept going and made it something thats at least a little bit more. like they thought of how to make it so that you can get more money and not just from battles, but from just like getting stuff as a result of fishing or picking mushrooms or just breaking rocks, or how you get rewards from helping people that help you, it just has a bunch of stuff in it that for people who take the time to check them out rather than blitzing through everything, rewards you for your efforts. it even has a story to it kind of where they thought through the effects of fusing pokemon has on the plot and thus differences in Team Rocket's goals and operations that make sense. I like Infinite Fusions, its good.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

19. - Top - End - #1129

What amazes me is how fast that turned from a fandom joke into a website into a series of roms. I still like the classics though, be strong for mother.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

My youngest brother introduced me to IF couple weeks back and it has dominated my time spent on my steam deck (some 30 something hours in less than a month). It really is an overall fantastic game, and for someone who's been playing pokemon since red&blue first released, does a stellar job of capturing the fun and excitement those games gave me. The hardest part for me is settling on who to use for a team, do I go useful? cool looking? cute looking? full on nightmares? so many options!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

21. - Top - End - #1131

NecromancerGirl

I have also been bitten by the Infinite Fusion bug, and mostly cause I saw an image of the Gardevior and Galvantula fusion which is a full on reference to one of my favourite novel series. Meanwhile the Infernape and Drifblim fusion is also a massive reference. Heck, the other Gardevior and Galvantula fusion is a WoW reference as near as I can tell. Now I need to figure out where to find Ralts and Joltik. But yeah, when they have an excuse, they seem to be tossing in a bunch of references with how they design the sprites.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

Sometimes I feel like Pokémon should have continued being dominated by sprite art, just cuz some of the recent games have been so graphically unimpressive. But some new games are just so pretty that I wish all the games were made in that style. The art in Pokémon Let's Go is super nice and it doesn't feel good that later games have worse art.

What amazes me is how fast that turned from a fandom joke into a website into a series of roms. I still like the classics though, be strong for mother.
    Oh, I didn't know the fusion website began with that comic. That's amazing. Kinda like how Nuzlockes began with comics, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    latest focus music I found got me to play Pokemon Infinite Fusions for about ten hours straight I think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    My youngest brother introduced me to IF couple weeks back and it has dominated my time spent on my steam deck (some 30 something hours in less than a month).
    Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I have also been bitten by the Infinite Fusion bug, and mostly cause I saw an image of the Gardevior and Galvantula fusion which is a full on reference to one of my favourite novel series.
    I was so confused till I looked it up. That's wild. The order of combination matters, too, apparently. It's impressive how creative fans are, especially for a company that's so hostile to it.

23. - Top - End - #1133

I'm in Wisconsin, and went 3-1 on the preliminary for prize tickets optional tournament. This makes me able to make it rain prize tickets. Might get the super expensive large alolan vulpix, the best vulpix, plush
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ettin in the Playground

Is the "Wally is a shiny human" headcanon still popular?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

25. - Top - End - #1135

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Is the "Wally is a shiny human" headcanon still popular?
    Is this what REM was singing about?

Anyway, DLC news: you'll be able to finally change your shirt
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Titan in the Playground

Anyway, DLC news: you'll be able to finally change your shirt
    Dropped Scarlet like a sack of hot potatoes as soon as the story was finished (the writing was great but you saw the game was unfinished). I am disappointed what constitutes as news and DLC feature in this game.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    Dropped Scarlet like a sack of hot potatoes as soon as the story was finished (the writing was great but you saw the game was unfinished). I am disappointed what constitutes as news and DLC feature in this game.
    I mean there's also two entire new exploratory zones with new pokemon and story stuff and pokemon, but sure if we're being reductive the main dlc feature is the ability to have a new shirt.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I mean there's also two entire new exploratory zones with new pokemon and story stuff and pokemon, but sure if we're being reductive the main dlc feature is the ability to have a new shirt.
    I thought everyone knew that your wardrobe is always the real endgame grind?

29. - Top - End - #1139

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    I thought everyone knew that your wardrobe is always the real endgame grind?
    Everyone here has no idea how hard it is to create a kamen rider outfit when suck in a grey blazer with pinstriped trousers.
    It's maddening.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    I haven't played it since Tears of the Kingdom came out, and I'm not sure when I'll ever go back. Zelda coming out only a few months after Pokémon really emphasizes just how utterly disappointing these games are. S/V was fine, but TotK is so much more than just "fine." I wish I could be as enthusiastic about Pokémon as I am about Zelda, but I'm just not.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!