New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXX: Hot Skitty on Wailord Action!

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I mean, Jhoto was the best but I don't think I can say they went downhill per se.

Granted, the platinum playthrough was the first time I actually watched them in their entirety. I'd tried to start them but not focus. Watched Platinum more or less as it came out, then did leaf green, soul silver, and emerald in that order.
    Then I'm sorry Rater, because I consider Platinum the worst of all of them, they just went way too arrogant and obnoxious in that one because they kept winning, while Leaf Green and Soul Silver had enough deaths to keep them humble so that they didn't just devolve into obnoxious competitors which took away from the humor. Emerald was decent though.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Walling should honestly be nerfed some way, because it's just soooo annoying to be up against, and honestly not even that much fun to use. As long as it isn't nerfed though it is still an effective strategy and can even help against the opponent walling you. As the most effective teams are usually those with diverse strategies... I can recommend an unaware Quagsire with recover (rest is good for real anti-stall stall, but often too slow for regular use, so you want the 50% in one turn moves), scald (or toxic) and amnesia (EV's in hp and def) or stockpile. The last move is an almost free pick. Earthquake is good for direct damage, sandstorm kind of works for some extra chip damage. Something like Muddy Water works if the ruleset allows it. An additional buffing move or having both scald and toxic are options as well.
    I think Walling is ok. They don't need to be nerfed that much. Sure it's annoying for many players who don't like long battles but it's still a very useful and effective strategy. But that just my opinion.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well... I pretty much have no idea of what people are talking about, having only seen bits and pieces of the shows and played Fire Red and Let's Go Eevee, just came to say I'm playing a lot of PoGo and liking it.

Groudon and Kyogre in raids tomorrow!
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I think Walling is ok. They don't need to be nerfed that much. Sure it's annoying for many players who don't like long battles but it's still a very useful and effective strategy. But that just my opinion.
    That is one of the few reasons I never got into online Pokemon. Walling is a decent strat, sure, but when it devolves into wall mirrors, I am about as enticed as a control mirror in trading card games (aka removing the enemy's ability to end the game while waiting for your option to win). Plus it takes away too much free time - which is a weird but viable point. I won't play an hour long pokemon duel. I can maybe afford two of those games a day (and I am blessed with free time others could dream of), but then I tire of it.

But seeing as a noob, didn't Z moves and Gigamax cut down the viability of walling strategies? Granted I entered the competitive scene as audience back in 4th gen, where walling Blissey was prominent.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

I have just sort of completed a casual challenge run in White 2. It's a good game for that sort of thing. The only obligatory HM use is Strength on victory road, the level scaling seems pretty decent, the experience system helps a bit against small teams overleveling too much, despite the weird 3D effects every now and then the world looks good, and it's the last generation where the mechanics were not centralized around a big new concept that would be scrapped a generation and a half down the road, so it plays rather timeless. The AI is also surprisingly decent, when it learns I have a Water Absorb mon I can switch in for instance it stops using Surf. (A trade-off I happily abuse to its disadvantage, but it's cool to see.)

But how do you sort of complete a challenge? Well, the goal here was to beat the game with my "if I was an NPC"-team (that's also designed to work under Battle Palace rules) (yes, that's a weird concept for a team) consisting of my favorite pokémon Rhydon and Quagsire with certain moves and held items and such. The goal of the team design was to max out their teamwork in a double battle basically, rather than their effectiveness. They don't run particularly good sets, but they're still both rather decent mon you would think. To beat the champion, not only did I switch out those held items for leftovers and a shell bell (I never picked up the eviolite), I also resorted to emulator save state scumming, saving between enemy pokémon during the match (because I wanted to do a run with cheated-in Pokémon I was on an emulator anyway). I did not give in to the temptation of using trainer items in battle, nor did I use switch battle style, but still, I had to cheat to beat the champion with pokémon of (at the end of the battle) level 68 and 69, ten levels higher than the champion's ace at 59.

I curiously thought back of a runthrough of Red I had done using Rhydon and Nidoking years ago, a pretty similar pair. I looked up the save, from 2011 it turns out. So yes, I used shift battle style, and I may have allowed in battle items, but I don't see any evidence of using save states during the battle. I also looked up the levels of these guys, level 54 and 59, where 59 was also the level of the weakest mon the champion in that game used. Sure, gen 1 opponents used horrible movesets, but in terms of levels he was still more powerful then the champion I just sort of beat.

So, I did it at levels 54 and 59 then, at levels 68 and 69 now.

I must therefore conclude that rather distressingly over the course of the last decade I have become over ten levels worse at playing Pokémon games.

Spoiler: (The details of my (current) team, for chronically curious people.)
    Show
    Dash
    Rhydon (M) @ Pecha Berry
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    EVs: full HP, half Atk and SpD
    Hasty Nature
    - Rock Polish (synergy with mud shot, setup for sweeps)
    - Smack Down (allows mud shot and drill run to hit)
    - Surf (hits all adjacent pokémon, heals Quagsire)
    - Drill Run (damage)

Slap
    Quagsire (M) @ Soft Sand
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: full HP, half Atk and SpD
    Hasty Nature
    - Sandstorm (raises Rhydon's SpD, for finishing off tiny slivers of health and gaining some extra advantage)
    - Mud Shot (synergy with rock polish, damage raised by soft sand)
    - Sludge Wave (coverage against grass, hits all adjacent pokémon but Rhydon double resistant with pecha berry)
    - Waterfall (damage)
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2021-01-18 at 04:11 PM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    That is one of the few reasons I never got into online Pokemon. Walling is a decent strat, sure, but when it devolves into wall mirrors, I am about as enticed as a control mirror in trading card games (aka removing the enemy's ability to end the game while waiting for your option to win). Plus it takes away too much free time - which is a weird but viable point. I won't play an hour long pokemon duel. I can maybe afford two of those games a day (and I am blessed with free time others could dream of), but then I tire of it.

But seeing as a noob, didn't Z moves and Gigamax cut down the viability of walling strategies? Granted I entered the competitive scene as audience back in 4th gen, where walling Blissey was prominent.
    I hear that wailing Bllissey was great back in the older generations.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I hear that wailing Bllissey was great back in the older generations.
    Walling Blissey is/was (some game design decisions lessened the issue a little I think) even "great" in Pokémon Go. No status moves, no abilities, no separate special defense stats, just its HP stat was enough to run out the clock and bore all opponents to death. Blissey is probably the best example of why walling can be so terrible.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2021-01-18 at 11:17 AM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Walling Blissey is/was (some game design decisions lessened the issue a little I think) even "great" in Pokémon Go. No status moves, no abilities, no separate special defense stats, just its HP stat was enough to run out the clock and bore all opponents to death. Blissey is probably the best example of why walling can be so terrible.
    That's true. Even so Blissey is still a good Pokemon.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Colossus in the Playground

So... I still want the "humans combined with Pokemon" side game.

We've got Bill accidentally fusing with a Pokemon in a teleporter accident.

We've got the whole thing with Detective Pikachu.

We have Cara Liss's fossils fusing multiple Mon into one organism.

In the anime, there's even that magic spell that turned Ash into a talking Pikachu.

I know that the idea of human/pokemon hybrids is a thing in the fandom but there does seem to be enough precedent in the series to do it in canon, if only in a side game.

I have the mental image of a girl who appears to be a solid indistinct shadow, except for her facial features which are distinguishable with her eyes and the mouth visible and shredded in smoke who thinks she's dead now becuase she's been combined with the traits of a ghastly, a girl fused with an Evee who is desperately trying to find a water stone becuase she wants to be a mermaid and thinks that the experiments will be worth it if she can get close, and a boy turned into living magma after being fused with a slugma who is desperate for either a cure or a suit that can contain his body heat becuase he's desperate for human contact wandering around in a forest after escaping the facility they were taken to and experimented on and trying to find their way to civilization so they can whistleblow on the people who ran the lab.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

So... I still want the "humans combined with Pokemon" side game.

We've got Bill accidentally fusing with a Pokemon in a teleporter accident.

We've got the whole thing with Detective Pikachu.

We have Cara Liss's fossils fusing multiple Mon into one organism.

In the anime, there's even that magic spell that turned Ash into a talking Pikachu.

I know that the idea of human/pokemon hybrids is a thing in the fandom but there does seem to be enough precedent in the series to do it in canon, if only in a side game.

I have the mental image of a girl who appears to be a solid indistinct shadow, except for her facial features which are distinguishable with her eyes and the mouth visible and shredded in smoke who thinks she's dead now becuase she's been combined with the traits of a ghastly, a girl fused with an Evee who is desperately trying to find a water stone becuase she wants to be a mermaid and thinks that the experiments will be worth it if she can get close, and a boy turned into living magma after being fused with a slugma who is desperate for either a cure or a suit that can contain his body heat becuase he's desperate for human contact wandering around in a forest after escaping the facility they were taken to and experimented on and trying to find their way to civilization so they can whistleblow on the people who ran the lab.
    It was done.....in a manga thing. I forget which one, but a guy has this stone and fused with a.....ah here it is: Burst a special technique from a pokemon manga clal Pokemon ReBurst that allows one to combine with a pokemon. those who can use it are known as Burst Warriors. you need a Burst Heart for it.

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    It was done.....in a manga thing. I forget which one, but a guy has this stone and fused with a.....ah here it is: Burst a special technique from a pokemon manga clal Pokemon ReBurst that allows one to combine with a pokemon. those who can use it are known as Burst Warriors. you need a Burst Heart for it.
    Thjat's not quite what I'm going for.

I'm looking at more "permanent fusion and/or mutation by gene splice" not "magically fuse with Pokemon to gain its powers by wearing it as armor."

Less Sentai/Magical Girl, more Cyber/Biopunk. (Pokepunk?)

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Thjat's not quite what I'm going for.

I'm looking at more "permanent fusion and/or mutation by gene splice" not "magically fuse with Pokemon to gain its powers by wearing it as armor."

Less Sentai/Magical Girl, more Cyber/Biopunk. (Pokepunk?)
    I mean I don't know about you Rater, that sounds like its own new setting all by itself. I think its pretty clear after 20+ years after introducing and kind toying around with the concept that they'll never actually have the courage to do that. cyberpunk anything is too unsafe for a franchise like pokemon- its too kid unfriendly. the only way that happening is if I/you/we do it ourselves. if they were going to do that, they'd do it already.

13. - Top - End - #103

Well, I don't think I can do it myself. I don't have a good track record of games I start... surviving, if I can attract enough interest in the first place.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I don't think I can do it myself. I don't have a good track record of games I start... surviving, if I can attract enough interest in the first place.
    Right. Guess I'll have to come up with something then. will have to start brainstorming.

15. - Top - End - #105

Right. Guess I'll have to come up with something then. will have to start brainstorming.
    Ideas aren't a problem--original region with lots of wilderness, a variety of pokemon, and the league/local economy is dominated by a megacorporation that makes medicine and bio-tech and is also a leading expert in the biology of various pokemon.

Maybe also the region's source of revived fossils.

(And, since trading isn't an option when the trainers and pokemon are one in the same, something something way to simulate the conditions of a trade that result in evolution.)

Then it's just "what are the major cities like" and "how far into the punk genre do we want to go."

Also where on the scale of anthropomorphism the hybrids are--my preference is that they're human enough to be obviously people but Mon enough that the fact that they'll probably be struggling with having clothes due to a combination of bodily changes and being in the wilderness isn't a big deal.

The problem is getting enough people who want to play it and keeping the game running.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-01-18 at 06:22 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, thats thinking small to me. give me some time, I'll come up with something.

17. - Top - End - #107

Also whether or no the protagonists are literally fused with a Pokemon, combined with a pokemon's body via the same tech behind fossil revival, or if it's a playing with syringes situation.

Als, now that I think about it: If it's going full Punk the government/corp is the bad guy so "the 'Team' are the good guys in this one" might be a neat subversion of things.

My Mental Image is "Team Salad" who the media slanders as eco-terrorists or an "animal wrongs group" but are really just a bunch of people who are suspicious of the Corp's activities and are willing to branch into vigilante justice and breaking and entering to figure out what the Corp is really up to.

(They call themselves Team Salad becuase the founding members really like a good Salad and they figured that every other team gets to just pick the name they like so why not they.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Also whether or no the protagonists are literally fused with a Pokemon, combined with a pokemon's body via the same tech behind fossil revival, or if it's a playing with syringes situation.

Als, now that I think about it: If it's going full Punk the government/corp is the bad guy so "the 'Team' are the good guys in this one" might be a neat subversion of things.

My Mental Image is "Team Salad" who the media slanders as eco-terrorists or an "animal wrongs group" but are really just a bunch of people who are suspicious of the Corp's activities and are willing to branch into vigilante justice and breaking and entering to figure out what the Corp is really up to.

(They call themselves Team Salad becuase the founding members really like a good Salad and they figured that every other team gets to just pick the name they like so why not they.)
    And if we were talking about making a videogame that would be all the setting and plot we'd need to make the most original and daring pokemon game of all time.

unfortunately, we're talking about making a roleplaying setting. which has different needs. the appeal needs to be wider in various ways: more regions, more variations on how such a society might turn out, more enemies in case the players go in directions one does not expect, more details on all the conflicts such hybrids would cause and such and so on, and the pokemon setting itself needs fleshing out so as to better make sense geographically, historically, what the difference between playing someone from one region or another is, what mons are favored in which environment, a lot of things. most roleplaying settings are fun and successful because of their wide scope and having a lot of things to use and play around with. your ideas are fine they are just too narrow and focused on blindly imitating the source without considering the differences between the mediums. a videogame can afford to have a railroad plot with only one enemy organization in a single sparsely detailed out region because of design limitations. we on the other hand are only limited by our imagination.

19. - Top - End - #109

And if we were talking about making a videogame that would be all the setting and plot we'd need to make the most original and daring pokemon game of all time.

unfortunately, we're talking about making a roleplaying setting. which has different needs. the appeal needs to be wider in various ways: more regions, more variations on how such a society might turn out, more enemies in case the players go in directions one does not expect, more details on all the conflicts such hybrids would cause and such and so on, and the pokemon setting itself needs fleshing out so as to better make sense geographically, historically, what the difference between playing someone from one region or another is, what mons are favored in which environment, a lot of things. most roleplaying settings are fun and successful because of their wide scope and having a lot of things to use and play around with. your ideas are fine they are just too narrow and focused on blindly imitating the source without considering the differences between the mediums. a videogame can afford to have a railroad plot with only one enemy organization in a single sparsely detailed out region because of design limitations. we on the other hand are only limited by our imagination.
    Yeah, but "base setting, bad guys, and other factions" is the starting point...

I honestly wasn't figuring making a whole game, I figure it'd be a contained roleplay.

I figure that if it goes out of the starting region you could just use the pre-existing regions from canon adapted as necessary.\

...Though now that you're talking about imagination as the only limit I'm imagining a group of six kids/young adults being forced to register as a single team of combined trainer and pokemon and run the entire Pokemon Leage as if they were th Pokemon in order to get a meeting with the Elite 4, who are the only people with the clout to actually do anything about the Mea Corp.

"The courts ruled that you're human in X, Y, and Z way, which means you're safe, but you're pokemon in A, B, and C way which means there are some hoops you have to jump through to get your allegations heard by the only authority who can do anything about it...." with the cyberpunk elements being breaking into various corp owned institutions along the way to collect evidence.

Just go full crack with it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Introduced my 5 year old to Pokemon Go today. He's already an addict.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but "base setting, bad guys, and other factions" is the starting point...

I honestly wasn't figuring making a whole game, I figure it'd be a contained roleplay.

I figure that if it goes out of the starting region you could just use the pre-existing regions from canon adapted as necessary.\

...Though now that you're talking about imagination as the only limit I'm imagining a group of six kids/young adults being forced to register as a single team of combined trainer and pokemon and run the entire Pokemon Leage as if they were th Pokemon in order to get a meeting with the Elite 4, who are the only people with the clout to actually do anything about the Mea Corp.

"The courts ruled that you're human in X, Y, and Z way, which means you're safe, but you're pokemon in A, B, and C way which means there are some hoops you have to jump through to get your allegations heard by the only authority who can do anything about it...." with the cyberpunk elements being breaking into various corp owned institutions along the way to collect evidence.

Just go full crack with it.
    Maybe its my personal style, but for some reason I'm not too big on contained stuff. trying to be minimalist just never works with me, I know they say less is more but....when it comes this kind of thing, I go all out and make sure there are tons of things to something or I just won't be interested at all. I like to get lost in the complexity and the beautiful details.

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Introduced my 5 year old to Pokemon Go today. He's already an addict.
    I hope yu know that you're gonna be supporting that addiction for years.
    Maybe its my personal style, but for some reason I'm not too big on contained stuff. trying to be minimalist just never works with me, I know they say less is more but....when it comes this kind of thing, I go all out and make sure there are tons of things to something or I just won't be interested at all. I like to get lost in the complexity and the beautiful details.
    Yeah, but...

Like in the Naruto game, most of the setting details for the alternate history were made up after the game proper started.

I think getting the setting functional is more important that figuring every little thing out right away.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

I hope yu know that you're gonna be supporting that addiction for years.

Yeah, but...

Like in the Naruto game, most of the setting details for the alternate history were made up after the game proper started.

I think getting the setting functional is more important that figuring every little thing out right away.
    Okay. I get ya.

Unfortunately that changes my complaint to "I don't want to be apart of a team called Salad and I don't like the basis presented".

24. - Top - End - #114

Okay. I get ya.

Unfortunately, that changes my complaint to "I don't want to be apart of a team called Salad and I don't like the basis presented".
    I figure Team Salad would either be a background detail or an exploitable resource depending on how things go, not a group the PCs join.

Like, at most it would be like how in the Hoenn games you team up with whichever team is least crazy in this version to stop the ones that are about to wreck the planet in a misguided attempt to save it. You don't join Team Aqua to defeat Team Magma or vice versa, you just...

Can't do anything about the basic premise though.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Can't do anything about the basic premise though.
    Agh, this is whats so frustrating sometimes talking with you Rater, you propose a great idea that has potential to change up the world and provide a whole bunch of directions this could go but then you decide to limit things to painting by the numbers because your so canon-clingy. don't get me wrong your still enjoyable, but come on. I've already come up with ideas like "empire ruled by hybrid dragon kings", and busy wondering how a region is ruled and what their armies consist of, speculating ways of how the hybridization could work without harming actual pokemon, etc.

regardless, I haven't come up with a character thats on par with Jade or Kimiko for the concept yet so.....until I do....

26. - Top - End - #116

Agh, this is whats so frustrating sometimes talking with you Rater, you propose a great idea that has potential to change up the world and provide a whole bunch of directions this could go but then you decide to limit things to painting by the numbers because your so canon-clingy. don't get me wrong your still enjoyable, but come on. I've already come up with ideas like "empire ruled by hybrid dragon kings", and busy wondering how a region is ruled and what their armies consist of, speculating ways of how the hybridization could work without harming actual pokemon, etc.

regardless, I haven't come up with a character thats on par with Jade or Kimiko for the concept yet so.....until I do....
    I mean, the basic premise is "corporation hybridizes humans with Pokemon against there will, how do they cope?"

That sounds more like "the corp has been overthrown but their technology has propagated to be used by others, this is how things are after that's been normalized."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, the basic premise is "corporation hybridizes humans with Pokemon against there will, how do they cope?"

That sounds more like "the corp has been overthrown but their technology has propagated to be used by others, this is how things are after that's been normalized."
    See, you went from a 2 to 100 there, and focused too much on the recent history.

I was more thinking that it'd be a known technology around the world and have affected history in various ways and corps are just one of the people using them. but then again maybe I just want to make my own setting, and maybe I didn't catch what you actually meant. but if its still 99% normal pokemon setting thats a completely thing than what I had in mind.

28. - Top - End - #118

See, you went from a 2 to 100 there, and focused too much on the recent history.

I was more thinking that it'd be a known technology around the world and have affected history in various ways and corps are just one of the people using them. but then again maybe I just want to make my own setting, and maybe I didn't catch what you actually meant. but if its still 99% normal pokemon setting thats a completely thing than what I had in mind.
    Yeah, I was thinking "the PCs are victims of mad scientists and this is recent tech that only this one unethical megacorp has."

That's not to say that a game couldn't progress over time to the point that the technology that created the PCs doesn't get used later by less evil people once the corp is defeated and we move from Punk to Post-Punk, but the "trying to cope with being changed against your will and how you deal with the changes" is the key issue a least for the initial storyline.

"Dynasty of dragon-pokemon hybrid royals" is a bit too much "this has been around for a while and is normalized" for what I'm thinking, at least at first.

As for ways this works... honestly, I figure that "take stem cells from a ditto, splice them with genes from the actual mon we want, inject them into the subject, and then put them into machine that combines the same regeneration technology used to revive fossils with a simulated gestalt of the radiation emitted by various evolution stones" if you don't want actual fusions.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-01-18 at 10:06 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Well I'd still have to come up with a pretty good character concept before anything is done, a singular one this time, not characters that in retrospect felt half-baked like Astraea and Kinita. those will need work whenever I revisit them.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Not quite the sort of thing you're going for, but lately I've been reading a fic called Arbitrary Execution and, on the whole, I think it does a lot of things quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew