New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Reign of Winter: The Snows of Summer

Raydine couldn't even imagine what it would have taken to still stand after that attack and for a short moment she was sure that Hatano would still make it, but after she has fallen she trudges through the snow to make it towards her, unrolling the scroll and speaking the magic words that ripped the magic just out of the scroll and let it take shape.

It's gonna be ok Hatano, you gonna pull through!

Spoiler: Healing and OOC
    Show
    Healing (1d8+1)[9]
    Move action to take 5 foot towards Hatano, then standard action to heal her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hatano is flooded with warmth, not the lying false warmth of the snow, but that of the magic. She pulls herself up (with a little help from Raydine) and looks around. Seeing the beast bleeding heavily from where Majid has hewed at it, she gives it a scowls at it and leans on her spear, watching the two men hack at it. "Break teeth, claws snap! You cannot harm us anymore, beast!" she shouts, in orcish.

Spoiler
    Show
    Back up 4 hp! Going to try to curse the dragon again, this time to give it -2 to attack rolls. Same deal as before, get cursed for 6 rounds or will save for 1.
    Last edited by dojango; 2020-11-21 at 07:21 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

All of the rage and frustration of the past 24 hours coalesced into one mighty swing from Majid. With the smite and Hatano's curse bolstering his efforts, it was as if the dragonkin was standing still against his attack. He neatly, cleanly and powerfully removes its head from its neck and looks up at Felix as the aasimar stabs it in the spine.

Upon further examination, whatever it was can only be in the dragon family, not a true dragon, but the bard can spin the tale any way she wants.

(Any wrap-ups before we continue down the road? It will be another hour and another fort save for everyone.)

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hatano goes over to the beast's carcass and pries out a few of its teeth. "Hah! Bad choice, beast! Nice work, hero," she adds, slapping Majid on the back.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[13] (1d6)[6] if damage.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Felix
    Aasimar Hospitaler Paladin
    AC: 20 (+4 vs evil dragon) HP: 12/12
    touch: 11, ff: 19, CMD: 16
    Conditions: -

Felix chops into the stump that marked the dragon's neck a few moments ago. Dumbfounded he almost looses balance and drops the blade. Dumbfounded, he looks between the dragon and its slayer. Vanquished a dragon with a single stroke? He smiles a wide grin. Though I am sure Sarenrae was equally guiding your blade, our journey towards the villain that holds the Lady is starting off glorious. The bards will tell of this day for decades to come, Majid.

He cleans the blade in the snow and sheathes it.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Snow was falling, beasts were roaring and two shining warriors wrapped in the light of they're gods stormed unto a horrible beast. Raydine realized that it was almost like she stepped right into one of these tales she liked to tell, just that this time she was actively participating and it almost seemed like she rescued someones life… Perhaps again. That felt kinda good but it would be useless if she couldn't do anything against the damn dragon right before them. Like in slow motion Majid's sword sank in the dragons neck and clearly must only draw a little blood, that the epic fight continues… But he cut it's head right off. Raydine was ready that the monstrosity would surely now get 2 heads instead of the one it had before but it lay'd still in the snow.

The rush of battle only subsided slowly and when the realization finally kicked in that the dragon was dead Raydine couldn't really hold still. We did it! She raised both arms in the air and gave Hatano a hug from behind, quickly running to Majid to give him a hug too. That was great! And then running to Felix and embracing him too. Can you believe that we beat a scaly, deadly dragon! And even Arcatek get's a hug. We we're all so great!Then without stopping going over to Hatano again to see what she actually was doing. That looks pretty gruesome. She waits a heartbeat and then, more hushed. You think you can pry of a scale for me?
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2020-11-23 at 05:32 AM.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

7. - Top - End - #187

DwarfClericGuy

Acquiring a scale is no problem, especially from the neck.

Another hour's march. Raydine and Majid are cold, but pressing on. Hatano staggers, stumbles, and collapses, shivering almost violently and turning a bluer shade of green. (Current hp 4/6, nonlethal damage 6)

Felix and Buttercup?

"Hatano will freeze to death if something isn't done," Arcatek says unhelpfully. "Can anyone build a fire effectively?"

Reading the scroll would heal d8+1 of each, of course.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Felix
    Conditions: -

The blonde knight is visibly uncomfortable being hugged after such a visceral combat experience but let's it happen nonetheless. He knows this was probably Raydine's first serious fight, but it was his too, besides sparring and being eviscerated by some ghoulish foes. He just tried to keep some semblance of calmness.

This creature fell quickly though I am sad to announce at I wasted my lord's divine gift for today. We cannot stop to pray here, and we shouldn't.

Felix sees Hatano break down, and immediately jumps off the horse. Someone keep her warm until we can create a fire. I recommend Buttercup. The knight pulls his horse's reins to make it squat down on a blanket, then leaning Hatano on the warm flank of the mare. We have to create a fire, and quickly.

If we find nothing in the next hour or so, Hatano might freeze to death.
    he says in a serious tone. Arcatek, come with me. You are attentive enough to actually find some wood. I will carry it. Majid, keep her warm. Raydine, if we don't return in half an hour, burn my wooden shield, if she does not wake up, use the scroll.

The tall aasimar grabs Arcatek and puts the construct on his shoulders, for him to better keep watch. He then pushes through the snow and into the woods, in search of some dead trees.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort (Felix) (1d20+9)[15] (1d6)[5]
    Fort (Horse) (1d20+9)[10] 1+6 = 7 because the horse has a +6 mod (1d6)[1]
    Survival (Felix) (1d20-1)[12] to aid Arcatek

Last edited by Spore; 2020-11-23 at 11:36 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Damnnation, this cold doesn't let up does it, Hatano? Hatano? When she fell down Raydine is thankful that Felix takes lead, though Raydine isn't without some possibilities herself.

I can give you an hour, I've got this and I'm stupid for not thinking about it before.

Raydine goes to the sled and takes off one from the black fire clay and smoshes it till it generates warmth and puts it between Hatano's normal clothes and winter clothes. She then does the same with 5 of it to generate something like a campfire both the "fire" and the warm patch will last for an hour.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    one small brick gives a +5 alchemical bonus against cold and 5 generate a a campfire, we have 4 left

10. - Top - End - #190

DwarfClericGuy

Arcatek rolls well for Perception and Survival and Felix returns with a good amount of firewood in under ten minutes. A roaring fire helps Hatano recover two nonlethal hp in an hour. (I doubled it because of the bonfire and Raydine's actions.) That leaves her at 4/6 hp and 4 nonlethal, so she is staggered. Do you want to wait another hour?

No one has to make Fort saves if they stay near the fire and everyone's Fort save DC resets to the lower amount for when you next start moving.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hatano recovers, and sits down by the fire, shivering. "Let's just burn the forest down," she grumbles. "Damned fairies. Vicious beasts. More like to steal teeth and nails than fix your damned shoes."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

As the dragon falls, Majid lets out a triumphant shout. Yes! For the Dawnflower! He smiles broadly and chuckles at Felix's comment. Ah, and where would we be without bards to tell of our deeds? A man makes himself a warrior, but a bard makes him a hero. The gods were with us. With their guidance, this will be a glorious tale. He looks a little surprised when Raydine hugs him, then laughs and hugs her back. Thank you, Lady Raydine. We have indeed done well today.
    -----------------------
    When Hatano falls, Majid spins around to pick her up. He helps Felix get her situated, then stands watch, sword drawn, until his fellow paladin returns.

Good, you're awake! That's certainly an improvement. Burning the forest would certainly reduce their cover. Although if there's any druids nearby, they might not take kindly to it.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'd say we stay at least till Hatano feels better. Also I have these for you. Raydine gives Hatano two Blackfire clay bricks. You take these and knead them, then they give off warmth, you should take them I'm not that bothered by the cold anyway. And we still have some left.

Show
    If possible I'd say we stay for another two hours till Hatano has healed completely.

14. - Top - End - #194

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    I'd say we stay at least till Hatano feels better. Also I have these for you. Raydine gives Hatano two Blackfire clay bricks. You take these and knead them, then they give off warmth, you should take them I'm not that bothered by the cold anyway. And we still have some left.

Show
    If possible I'd say we stay for another two hours till Hatano has healed completely.
    Another hour passes and Hatano's nonlethal damage improves by two more. Alas, the fates say you have rested long enough and a barrage of needles rain down from the sky, striking Arcatek (1 point of damage), Felix (1 point of damage and staggered,) and Hatano (1 point of damage and staggered)

No one made the difficult perception check to see the attackers, but now you see movement in the tree branches forty feet away and 20 feet from the ground.

1. Roll initiative. If you beat a 5, take your turn.
    2. Roll perception to see a target.
    3. Remember -4 to Per checks in the snow, difficult terrain, ranged penalties if you are throwing anything, and the penalty for staggered. (They are -20 to Stealth, having attacked.)

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[11]
    Perception: (1d20+1)[13] It's actually 9 because of the -4 I forgot.
    Do I... See something?
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2020-11-25 at 09:04 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    Initiative: [roll0]
    Perception: [roll1]
    Do I... See something?
    Yeah, sorry, I should have said, "if you get a 6+, you see a sprite, 16+ and you see two."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Felix
    Conditions: staggered

Is....this....poison? Felix pressed out from his lips as his eyes begin to glow. He pushes himself up on the sword with difficulty, checking for the enemy. His eyes begin to glow a bright blue.

Spoiler: Detect Evil
    Show
    as move action

Spoiler: if evil
    Show
    Hearts as dark as black ice.

Spoiler: if nonevil
    Show
    Why do you attack us?

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

By Zon-Kuthon's flayed behind not again! Raydine shoots a quick look around but sees one of the cursed fairies. She draws a bottle and trudges through the snow towards the attackers.

Show
    Move Action to draw a bottle of Alchemist fire, standard action to move 15 feet (through different terrain) to the one fairy I can see.

19. - Top - End - #199

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    Felix
    AC: 20 (+4 vs evil dragon) HP: 11/12
    Conditions: staggered

Is....this....poison? Felix pressed out from his lips as his eyes begin to glow. He pushes himself up on the sword with difficulty, checking for the enemy. His eyes begin to glow a bright blue.

Spoiler: Detect Evil
    Show
    as move action

Spoiler: if evil
    Show
    Hearts as dark as black ice.

Spoiler: if nonevil
    Show
    Why do you attack us?

It's not poison. They are evil.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Gods damn them!" curses Hatano, not able to see where the darts are coming from. Sluggishly, she tries to act. She calls out in Orcish, again, "Ancestors, be my shield!"

Spoiler
    Show
    casting mage armor on my turn, AC +4 for 1 hour

21. - Top - End - #201

DwarfClericGuy

They fire a second volley:
    Buttercup - 1 hp damage
    Majid - 1 hp damage
    Raydine - 1 hp damage and staggered

Arcatek looses a bolt into the trees and loses a bolt somewhere in the trees.

Majid's turn, then back to the top.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Majid advances towards the trees, focusing on trying to avoid being hit.

Show
    He has no ranged weapons, so he's going to advance towards the trees while taking total defense. if they're 40ft away through difficult terrain, should be 4 rounds. AC is now 18.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2020-11-26 at 11:37 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Raydine grits her teeth and takes more staggering steps forth. I'll… Get… You!

Show
    Move 15 more feet through difficult terrain.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

This time, secure that she will be protected by her guardian spirits, Hatano peers more closely into the snowy woods, looking for their assailants. By the time she spots one, she has her sling whirling around, and she lets fly with one of the bullets towards one of the fairies.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[16] perception, (1d20)[2] to hit with the sling, (1d4)[3] damage.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Felix
    AC: 20 (+4 from total defense) HP: 12/12
    Conditions: full defense (trying to cover our sling users)

These ones are corrupted by Evil. Felix says standing up. He puts the shield in front of his companions. I shall be your shield, so you can fell these poor creatures.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standing up to provide cover for his friends, maybe there is a tree in the vicinity that could aid this endeavor, giving us +4 AC for everyone behind Felix. Felix himself uses the Full Defense action (+4 AC to himself)

Last edited by Spore; 2020-11-28 at 07:01 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206

DwarfClericGuy

They start to glow brightly and fire a third volley:
    Arcatek (18/20) is hit for 1hp.
    Majid (7/9) is hit for 1hp and staggered.
    Raydine (9/10) is missed and no longer staggered.
    Felix (11/12) is using total defense and is no longer staggered.

Arcatek fires a shot, perfectly on target, that bounces off the thick skin of the tiny fey.

Majid's turn, then back to the top of the order (everyone else.)

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Majid continues using total defense and advancing until he reaches the trees- that'll take the next three rounds, so no need to wait on him

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hatano watches the foul sprites as they throw darts at her companions, so she points at one of them and shouts in Orcish, "Fumble finger! Thick head! Weak grip!" That should keep them off balance.

Spoiler
    Show
    evil eye hex on one of the fairies, gonna give it -2 to attack rolls for 6 rounds unless it passes a save, in which case, 1 round.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Attack roll
    Show
    (1d20+0)[11] =Touch attack. If Pythagoras is to be believed (my teachers were right that I would need that someday!) They are 22,? feet away I took liberty and rounded it down to 20 feet, if it's considered more just take another 2 points away.

Fire Damage: (1d6)[1] and Splash Damage 1 fire Damage for everyone besides the one I hit, if I miss it will go (1d8)[7] One square west of my target and explode there, doing the same Splash Damage. If I hit someone directly it'll take another (1d6)[2] Fire Damage at the end of it's next round if it doesn't take a Full-round-Action DC 15 Reflex save, rolling on the ground gives a +4 and dumping themselves in water (I also guess snow) should totally end the burning.

Raydine then draws her whip.

Ha! Take this you butterfly-winged canker!

Raydine hurls the strange concoction she draw before towards one of the damn fairy's.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2020-11-30 at 04:32 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210

DwarfClericGuy

Ha! Take this you butterfly-winged canker!
    (Two of them were splashed with fire)

They don't appreciate that AT ALL and fire two arrows at Raydine. Both miss.

Hatano's curse causes one to flicker and move behind the trunk for some reason.

More lights appear at the base of the tree nearest Buttercup. Arcatek responds by shooting another bolt into the snow.

Majid continues pressing forward, looking up at the not-so-pretty lights in the branches above.

Everyone else?