Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Reign of Winter OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Genius View Post
    Can we compromise on her losing only one toe per day? No? Fine. Cold Resistance of 5 is pretty significant. I don't think she'd even be uncomfortable, but I will confirm in the rulebook tomorrow.
    Cold does deal 1d6 per hour in nonlethal cold damage, so you can safely assume she still takes 4ish damage per day (Cold Resistance deals with all but rolls of 6). Harsh cold deals that amount of damage every 10 minutes, but if you are injured by 3 points of lethal and 3 points of nonlethal damage, healing does deal with both at the same time afaik.

So we planetouched have a bit of leeway in dressing more revealing in the short term, but we too should have cold weather clothing.
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Genius View Post
    I picked it up when the old gamemaster...vanished mysteriously, leaving only a series of cryptic clues...

Three PCs are here all the time and Felix some of the time, depending on Spore's internet. Arcatek is here too. I wanted to see how it turned out.
    I see. I am not coming back so good luck with this game.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yeah I had been assuming cold resistance 5 protected from cold weather damage, so Majid doesn't have cold weather gear. Also, been a bit distracted past few days preparing to move today, but as of tomorrow should be able to post more regularly.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    Yeah I had been assuming cold resistance 5 protected from cold weather damage, so Majid doesn't have cold weather gear. Also, been a bit distracted past few days preparing to move today, but as of tomorrow should be able to post more regularly.
    There will be Fortitude saves required, that will vary based on the temperature. Cold weather gear gives you a big bonus. A good Survival skill result will help. Those that fail the <increasingly difficult> Fort save will take the 1d6 that Spore mentioned. So, you may want to retcon some cold-weather gear for Majid to reduce the number of times you take that point of damage. (A 6 on 1d6) Wearing slippers instead of boots in the snow will have a penalty unless you can convince one of the boys to carry you, Raydine.

Hope your move went well, 'Tato.

5. - Top - End - #65

MindFlayer

Yeah Majid recently began always having owned a coat. Good call. Thanks! It was exhausting, but now I'm all moved in!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

giving a penatly for unfitting footwear is very sensible. Let's roll with that for a time and then let's see when Raydine falters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

retconned it

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    retconned it
    Awesome, thanks! I'm editing two of mine.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Let's see: The paladins don't have spells or Lay On Hands. The bard didn't take CLW. And the witch doesn't have the healing hex.

10. - Top - End - #70

RedWizardGuy

Thankfully I do have a scroll of CLW, will definitely use it after Majid claryfied his action.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Crit (1d20+6)[13]
    and crit damage (open of you decide not to double the damage in the post but rather take two rolls and add them)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+9)[12]
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

12. - Top - End - #72

MindFlayer

Hey, someone rolled over a 10 on an attack roll!

13. - Top - End - #73

RedWizardGuy

Can I try to trip this zombie or is there too much Paladin in the way?

Also if no one objects Raydine and Arcatek would have 1 alchemist fire and Hatano would have 2?

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    Can I try to trip this zombie or is there too much Paladin in the way?

Also if no one objects Raydine and Arcatek would have 1 alchemist fire and Hatano would have 2?
    He has cover, but you can definitely try.

15. - Top - End - #75

RedWizardGuy

I would like to do a mystery roll for Raydine (1d20)[12]

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I would like to do a mystery roll for Raydine [roll0]
    What is that?

17. - Top - End - #77

RedWizardGuy

That was just a random roll to see how Raydine would react to the situation. I could also roll in the dice channel if that would be better?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

That was just a random roll to see how Raydine would react to the situation. I could also roll in the dice channel if that would be better?
    Nope, it's fine. I thought maybe you were solving mysteries or something.

19. - Top - End - #79

MindFlayer

Hey Phantom, can I swap out Majid's first level feat? Cha to Initiative doesn't really do anything with how we're running it. (Which is absolutely not a gripe with this initiative system- it's working much smoother than the traditional rolled initiative for a PbP game, since people can post on their schedule without everyone waiting.)

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Hey Phantom, can I swap out Majid's first level feat? Cha to Initiative doesn't really do anything with how we're running it. (Which is absolutely not a gripe with this initiative system- it's working much smoother than the traditional rolled initiative for a PbP game, since people can post on their schedule without everyone waiting.)
    I'm totally ok with that. If it matters, let me show you what I did behind the scenes: The lizard surprised you, so she went first and then I had everyone go. Although Felix was expecting a trap, the zombie "surprised" him, so after that attack, I had everyone go. I like this system, so what is happening in my other game won't happen here. I'm one of six players and we are in combat and we are averaging one post per day for the party. So I'm going once a week. My system is much better than that for keeping the game moving, but I will still use initiative in some situations.

Example: Your party sees an ogre in the distance. He sees you. Roll initiative. Three of you roll in the teens, ogre gets a 10 and two are slow. I would have the three go in any order, then the ogre, then the other two.

So, in conclusion, change it if you want, but it's not useless.

21. - Top - End - #81

MindFlayer

Yeah it definitely works well as a PbP system. We've finished two battles in like 2-3 weeks, which I haven't seen happen before.

Got it, that makes sense. I'll look and see if there's anything else that's better for shoring up his survivability and then decide. IIRC, the chargen rules were all first-party Paizo allowed, no Spheres or PoW, right?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Yeah it definitely works well as a PbP system. We've finished two battles in like 2-3 weeks, which I haven't seen happen before.

Got it, that makes sense. I'll look and see if there's anything else that's better for shoring up his survivability and then decide. IIRC, the chargen rules were all first-party Paizo allowed, no Spheres or PoW, right?
    Correct for this DM. I haven't read either of those.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Well, let's see if it is too cold (1d20+4)[17]

Nonlethal cold damage (1d6)[5]

Spoiler
    Show
    This is exactly the kind of roll that holds up the game and can easily be done by the DM, if they want to do so.

24. - Top - End - #84

MindFlayer

Well, Team Paladin has the accuracy of a drunk one-eyed orc trying to play tennis, but at least we don't get cold easily.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Team Paladin has the accuracy of a drunk one-eyed orc trying to play tennis, but at least we don't get cold easily.
    Hey, at least I hit my called shots! But that is the point of a frontliner. Blunt and straight-forward.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I apologize for triggering this blatantly obvious trap.

Now to stabilize on myself. If Hatano manages to stop me from dying again, I will just add the result to my (negative) HP pool.
    (1d20+4)[9]
    (1d20+4)[20]
    (1d20+4)[12]
    (1d20+4)[17]

You can totally rip up Felix' sleeves if you want to. The shirt - while undamaged per rules - is at least bloodied and pierced once. Felix would dump it once he has another anyhow.

Also nice touch on ignoring Felix. He needs a dampener. The question stands, do you take the mantle for the bonus? It is the gallant thing to do, Felix just likes to show off.
    Last edited by Spore; 2020-11-10 at 07:04 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87

RedWizardGuy

I will let Hatano try the healing, I don't wanna do too much, just because I'm online at the right moment.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Since I'm at zero HP I can't actually help Felix without falling unconscious myself. I hate to say it, but we might need to fall back to town and get some healing mojo.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Actually, misread the rules, stabilize is a standard action, not full, so I can try to heal him. Once I catch my breath. (1d20+5)[19] v. 15.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    Since I'm at zero HP I can't actually help Felix without falling unconscious myself. I hate to say it, but we might need to fall back to town and get some healing mojo.
    Sorry to say, but you have four points of non-lethal damage and zero hp, so you are unconscious, but not dying.

You heal 1hp/hour of non-lethal damage (if you're making your Fort saves, presumably.)

So we have two unconscious and Majid at 1hp. If he fails his fort save, he will fall unconscious too. Arcatek suggests returning to town. Dragging the two unconscious through six inches of snow will be difficult enough as it is. Losing Majid will make it almost impossible.

Hatano, you should edit or your IC post, I guess.