Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Default Reign of Winter OOC

Welcome to the show! You have some time before I drop the plot on you, so feel free to introduce yourselves, grab a speaking colour, and post away!

Spoiler: Character Info
    Show
    Player Character Race/Class Color
    dojango Hatano Ten Half-Orc Witch -
    Alhallor Raydine Oongda Undine Bard -
    PotatoGolem Majid al-Khawiun Suli-Jann Paladin -
    Spore Felix Winterson Aasimar Paladin -
    PhantomGenius Arcatek Wyrwood Wizard -
    Yas392 Tad Kobold Rogue -
    Last edited by ALeafOnTheWind; 2020-09-06 at 10:40 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Reign of Winter OOC

I would love to pick a color, but with Felix, I am happy to pick either one. I will pick this for now. If no one complains, I will use my (stolen) standard formatting.

I would just be appreciative if you corrected Felix' surname to Wintersun (it is a made-up name with no significance, but it is meant to reflect his lack of personality and bright appearance). Also maybe link to my sheet, and not Hennrik's. Thanks a bunch!

To the players: Do we want to assume we know each other already a bit? Starting from scratch, with trust issues and all that is kinda difficult. We could know each other for a few days or weeks from town as one does in villages this small, but never really were together for an extended period of time.

Felix
    Aasimar Hospitaler Paladin
    AC: 16 HP: 12/12
    touch: 11, ff: 15, CMD: 15
    Conditions: -

Felix is of tall and slender build. His blonde hair is always well-kept, his armor pristine. Less battle-worn than many mercenaries, but more experienced in the warfare than his fellow Suneites, his almost supernatural beauty usually evokes both adoration and envy. Felix uses little jewelry to adorn his body, but is much more fond of well-tailored suits, made from expensive materials, usually tailored in a way that would flatter his lean but muscular build and frame his face.
    Last edited by Spore; 2020-09-06 at 11:18 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hi everyone! Excited to play this game. A two-paladin party should be a lot of fun. They're always up for a (Lawful) Good time! I'll take purple bold, both for Majid's royal demeanor and because I use it for all PbPs and so tend to forget when I don't.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2020-09-06 at 10:52 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

This party is going to be a real test for the paladins.

Tad will speak in bold pale turquoise to reflect the almost white color of his scale and winter.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2020-09-07 at 04:18 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

5. - Top - End - #5

RedWizardGuy

Thanks to be picked. Raydine will talk in Navy befitting her undine heritage. We have 3 people with high Charisma and 3 with low right? Definitely an interesting party dynamic. I'm fine with knowing your guys by seeing you and thinking of all of you as mighty fine folk. You'd definitely know that Raydine is on a search for rumored hot springs in the surrounding area but with the harsh onbreak of winter and rumors of dangerous animals about she didn't wanted to got out there totally alone. For the week she was there she probably did sing and dance at the tavern every night for up to two hours.

Perform sing (1d20+8)[14]
    Perform Dance (1d20+8)[28]
    (Just to see how breathtaking her performance was.)

NICE dancing.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2020-09-07 at 03:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Arcatek will try gold and bold like his plating if that shows up well on the screen.

It would be in the temple with Majid, taking notes on religion, divine magic, and public speaking. It doesn't speak unless asked a direct question. It is perpetually skittish, very aware of its own mortality and that only a 60gp make whole spell could rejuvenate it. If Majid is kind to it, Arcatek may stay close to him, using stealth to stay in his shadow.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hatano Ten will speak in Green.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Not sure where we are. Are we still in the town square or by the mayor's house?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2020-09-08 at 05:16 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

We are at the town square/crossing next to the temple. Hatano is still at the inn, I think

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Because I am confused by how other characters are calling him out when he is not near them. His current location is by the mayor's house.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2020-09-08 at 05:34 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

RedWizardGuy

I guess we were talking and walking from the town square towards the major's house and then spotted the kobold trapper there? It is not that much of a distance really.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I'll have a post up in a bit.

You can click on each part

13. - Top - End - #13

MindFlayer

So, I assume the town has a bunch of +1 flaming cold iron weapons laying around we can borrow, right? I mean, axiomatic fey-bane flaming cold iron would be ideal, but we shouldn't get greedy.

14. - Top - End - #14

RedWizardGuy

I would also be okay with just some Cold iron feybane weapons.

Cold iron was "just" double the price right? Guess I at least get me some bolts.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    I would also be okay with just some Cold iron feybane weapons.

Cold iron was "just" double the price right? Guess I at least get me some bolts.
    I think lorewise cold iron is something mined 'deep underground', made from 'purest sources' and needs to be 'expertly handled'. But then again every town has a spending limit under which you get everything. So just pray Isker has some of these.

16. - Top - End - #16

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    I think lorewise cold iron is something mined 'deep underground', made from 'purest sources' and needs to be 'expertly handled'. But then again every town has a spending limit under which you get everything. So just pray Isker has some of these.
    Seriously? Oh and there I thought it was just hammering on the iron till it has the right form. Basically smithing cold, making it of course take longer and therefore doubling the price. Can we get cold Iron stuff in Heldren then? (I guess these curious cold iron nails were okay?)

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

As a DM I am not very fond of precious star metal being on 5 out of 6 players, because it kind of takes away the "special-ness". But after some levels Pathfinder basically requires the group to have specialized items to deal with various demonic, fey or infernal threats, so yeah.

By the strict rules, Heldren should have a spending limit as a village (up to 200 people) of 500 gp, with a 75% chance of finding any magical item below 500gp in there, which is frankly a bit ridiculous. But there are little rules about nonmagical stuff. But D&D/PF economy rules break down if you look at them too long so it would be best not to do that and just trust the DM's judgment.

Then again, Heldren could have a history with these fey buggers, so they already have a stash of the weapons somewhere.

Personally I think cold iron ammo would be nice, the paladins should deal plenty of damage with their greatswords for only at least a longsword or spear being worthwhile swapping out. A dagger for the kobold would be nice, but I assume it would be at least a shortsword for him (if the DM does NOT differentiate between medium dagger and small shortsword).

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Are we waiting for DM?

19. - Top - End - #19

MindFlayer

I think so

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

You are! My apologies, I have a small child that has demanded my attention for most of the day. I'll have a post up for you guys soon.

Also, no, I am also not fond of suddenly finding precious metals right away. But, it is worth noting that they share a similar weakness with most other fey in most fantasy realms: Well-worked, pure metal is pure anathema to them. Honestly, you'll have a much easier time procuring the frost's other weakness. FIRE! BURN IT ALL! EVERYTHING SHA-Oh, wait, I'm not a PC. Carry on.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A true love's kiss? Or fire?

22. - Top - End - #22

RedWizardGuy

Salt? A true believer? I could make a check but seriously don't know which one I could roll.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

@ALeafOnTheWind Think you missed my kobold's question. Related to him getting silver or not if opportunity presents itself.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2020-09-12 at 06:15 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

RedWizardGuy

I guess I just roll a knowledge. (1d20+2)[3] Thanks to bardic knowledge I'm proficient in everything and not bound to the rule that I can only have 10 as a result. Should it be knowledge:nature it's +4.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    A true love's kiss? Or fire?
    We have a bard, so we might try the stereotypical "diplomacy to **** the fey". :P

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    Salt? A true believer? I could make a check but seriously don't know which one I could roll.
    Salt or Silver is for the lawful types, but that is OOC knowledge. "A true believer" I think is covered by two paladins able to smite. :P

I will default to "punching stuff really hard" in character for now.

26. - Top - End - #26

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    "A true believer" I think is covered by two paladins able to smite. :P

I will default to "punching stuff really hard" in character for now.
    That's always the answer. Evil is weak to holy symbols, particularly those etched on to greatswords. And smite overcomes DR, so "true belief swung hard" does seem to be a universal weakness.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2020-09-13 at 11:06 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

@Yas: Oh dear, yes, I have missed you. I shall clarify that in character for you in a bit.

@Everyone else: Yes, the Paladin's ability to BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES also counts. Every shonen anime hero knows that if he tries hard enough, he can overcome anything!

Stealth edit: @PotatoGolem: I would like to mention the heirloom is not magical, just made out of cold iron and kind of old.
    Last edited by ALeafOnTheWind; 2020-09-13 at 12:33 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by ALeafOnTheWind View Post

Stealth edit: @PotatoGolem: I would like to mention the heirloom is not magical, just made out of cold iron and kind of old.
    Yeah I figured. That's where he went wrong, just bringing a regular nonmagical sword. I'm sure he has a +3 vorpal feybane flaming cold iron longsword at home in the Land of the Linnorm Kings, but he totally forgot to bring it because he thought this would be easy. Same reason he wasn't wearing his +5 adamantine heavy fortification full plate of greater cold resistance, and thus got stabbed/frozen.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2020-09-13 at 12:41 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

RedWizardGuy

@Spore: I'm normally all around screwing with enemies but fairies present a... Problem.

There is just such a wide range of fairie folklore, urban lore these days from pretty easy to mess with them up to craftier than the devil.

I know about one story where a woman couldn't have babies and after a long ardous decision she asked the fair folk and she just got a baby who wasn't even a changeling. Please guess what the catch was, I think it's a good example of fey mischief.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

These are "RPG fairies" under the rule of a witch. I feel if their power or cunning was formidable, they would instead be the masters of the witch, and not vice versa. Also the guard said, they attacked quite ruthlessly, so they are more brutal than tricksters.

We should get to know which fey ruler these creatures follow to learn more about them. Golarion fey range from brutal emotionless murderers to funny harmless tricksters. A pair of gremlins can force you to stab your best friend. A quickling is fast and has rogue abilities, and a tooth fairy is chaotic evil and loves to pull your healthy teeth, then bite you with your own teeth.