New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 26: Rooms to let, fifty cents

[Fort Aegis]

"Well, we can't do that, Sylvess! The hatchlings will notice if we're showing favoritism to my two eggs." he snickers.
    "But in all seriousness, she needs a name, doesn't she?" Spako gently takes Nasir off of his back and introduces him to the unnamed sister. The two of them are too tired to have much of a response.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #662
    Halfling in the Playground

[Fort Aegis]

Sylvess makes a grumpy noise and gives Spako a little bop with his wing. "It doesn't matter which of us laid which egg a-and it's not like they're going to know anyway, unless you make a big deal out of it." He even bravely lets out a little chuckle and a smug grin, "Besides, y-you remember the state of the room when we woke up, right? We were clearly both involved in making every egg."

Unusually bold for Sylvess. He must be feeling happy.

"R-right. Name. Um, I-I don't know, it'd feel...I mean if she is- not that she is b-but maybe even if she isn't, i-it'd probably be sacrilege against Bahamut i-if we didn't give her an appropriately, um, divine name. A-and I'd rather not risk angering a god just in case."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

Fort Aegis

"Apsu is known for being very difficult to anger. But I get you. Hmm. Well, I think we hit midnight a little while ago. Properly speaking, she was born on the solstice. Start with Heuldra-? 'Of the Solstice?' Sounds pretty celestial." Spako suggests, rocking the two hatchlings. At the moment they seem rather uncaring about any names being thrown around.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

[Fayyaad's Place]

Fayyaad leads Electra to his apartment, both laden with their shopping. He puts the bag down in the corridor and rummages in it to find the trousers with gaps and new sleeves.

"My living room should be a good place for the dance. Though without fire this time. It does require being outdoors."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Fayyaad's Place]

Electra chuckles as she takes a seat on Fayyaad's couch. She's sitting in a way that's not quite provocative, but is alluring nonetheless, with her legs crossed.

"Yeah, you don't want to burn your place down. Besides, I can appreciate the movements without the fire."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

6. - Top - End - #666

[Fort Aegis]

"S-sounds nice. I, um, I recall nwm sort of meaning platinum in one language, s-so Heuldranwm would gives us Platinum Solstice. Or, well, I-I mean technically it'd be the other way round a-and it doesn't quite work, but we could tell people what it means, a-and it has the right sort of divine ring to it. Or, well, I-I think so anyway."

Thank goodness the babies can't tell what their parents are talking about. It'll be a while before they have to worry about that. Or, well, maybe not that long with how developed the gold baby seems to be already.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

[Fayyaad's Place]

Fayyaad proceeds to change into his new clothes. He doesn't bother stepping outside the room to do so - maybe he figures Electra's already seen it all, or he's just showing off. Once he's put on the trousers and sleeves, he steps into his bedroom for a moment, then returns with a scarf around his neck. He bows to Electra after walking in and raises his hands above his head.

He begins by walking over to Electra with a sway to his whole body, especially the tail, then abruptly changing direction and walking back. As he does so, he twists his upper body in a dizzying spin, accompanied by outstretching his arms to complete the motion. He finishes by kneeling on one leg, bending forward with arms lowered to the ground, before abruptly leaning backwards and getting up, transitioning into a spinning motion on one leg. He seems to be picking up speed as he goes.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Fort Aegis]

"S-sounds nice. I, um, I recall nwm sort of meaning platinum in one language, s-so Heuldranwm would gives us Platinum Solstice. Or, well, I-I mean technically it'd be the other way round a-and it doesn't quite work, but we could tell people what it means, a-and it has the right sort of divine ring to it. Or, well, I-I think so anyway."

Thank goodness the babies can't tell what their parents are talking about. It'll be a while before they have to worry about that. Or, well, maybe not that long with how developed the gold baby seems to be already.
    [Fort Aegis]

"Yes. Heuldranwm Alrenn. Names aren't an exact science anyway. It's nice and that's what matters."
    Of course, the problem with naming your kids names in languages they're likely to speak means they'll likely figure all this out on their own. Just like they're likely to find the significance of Heuldranwm's scales within a day of learning about Bahamut.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

Dragon Mountain

"I don't know what else would be... Oh, I have a scroll of dispelling! One of us could change back!" Is that something Edgar wants? It seems to be what Aethii wants. "But only one. That's not as good."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Mountain]

Edgar nods.
    "Fair enough. But which one? I don't mind if you'd rather use it on me if you'd rather no other dragon sit on your hoard." he chuckles, voice booming down the halls.
    "Or if you want to keep trying out being warm for a night." He can't quite tell with his impervious hide, but he has it on good authority (his own) that she's probably rather warm.

11. - Top - End - #671

NinjaGuy

[Fayyaad's Place]

Electra watches with interest, but doesn't interrupt. She seems to be analyzing Fayyaad's movements; her expression both inquisitive and analytical. Perhaps she's considering how to join him? It's difficult to say.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

[Fayyaad's Place]

Fayyaad's movements have changed. He now focuses on spinning on one leg, sometimes hopping in the air, while his hand trace a pattern in front of him. If he were outdoors, he would probably be trailing fire behind them. His tail also moves up and down behind him, completing the pattern. After the quick beginning, the dance is slower now.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Troll in the Playground

Dragon Mountain

"I just want to stop being tiny and clumsy." Aethii digs through her hoard for a scroll, unrolls it, and reads an incantation from it. There's a flash of light, and when it ends, Edgar is no longer the only dragon in the room. Aethii smiles toothily at him. "You look even better from this angle."

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #674

NinjaGuy

[Fayyaad's Place]

Electra watches as the dance changes, obviously fascinated. If the slight blush on her cheeks is any indication, watching Fayyaad dance is having the desired effect on her, even without the fire....

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

[Fayyaad's Place]

Fayyaad flashes a bright grin and, encouraged by Electra's reaction, moves closer. He spins and twists in place close to her for a moment, his hand passing tantalizingly close to her face, but not touching. He then turns around and has his tail swipe close to her in the same way. It seems he's outright teasing her at this point, perhaps testing her reactions.

16. - Top - End - #676

NinjaGuy

[Fayyaad's Place]

Electra blinks for a moment, then grins to herself, and pounces on Fayyaad as his tail swipes past her, pulling him into a fierce kiss, and practically ripping the curtain down after her. That didn't take long.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Dragon Mountain

"I just want to stop being tiny and clumsy." Aethii digs through her hoard for a scroll, unrolls it, and reads an incantation from it. There's a flash of light, and when it ends, Edgar is no longer the only dragon in the room. Aethii smiles toothily at him. "You look even better from this angle."
    Dragon Mountain

Edgar blinks.
    "Huh. You know, it's kind of weird. I was bigger than you but I was a dragon and you're not. You being a dragon and being bigger than you feels weird as hell." Edgar remains pretty darn immense as he is at the moment. It continues to feel oddly empowering, looking down at a huge dragon.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Troll in the Playground

Dragon Mountain

"Don't remind me. I was hoping I wouldn't feel so small, but I'm still not the largest one in the room." Aethii doesn't seem sure about how to feel about that. "There's barely enough room in here for both of us!"

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #679

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Fort Aegis]

"Yes. Heuldranwm Alrenn. Names aren't an exact science anyway. It's nice and that's what matters."
    Of course, the problem with naming your kids names in languages they're likely to speak means they'll likely figure all this out on their own. Just like they're likely to find the significance of Heuldranwm's scales within a day of learning about Bahamut.
    [Fort Aegis]

Sylvess casts his gaze round at the assorted sleeping dragon babs.

"I-I guess, um, we're...done then? We, um, we did it. They've all hatched, they've all got names, they're all wonderful babies." Sylvess sighs and lowers his head sleepily, eyes half-closed. "Might as well-" he pauses and yawns, "Might as well get the rest while we can, before they start having us up at all hours of the night."

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

[Fayyaad's Place]

Fayyaad very much expected Electra's pounce, having intentionally elicited it. But he does always enjoy when she gets forceful with him. The curtain is likely to stay down for a while and the two will eventually make it to Fayyaad's bed rather than the floor and/or couch.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

Fort Aegis

"Well. I guess we are. Good night, Sylvess."
    Off to sleep the dragons drift tonight.
    Sleep well, Sylvess.
    Because after this and until they are old enough to speak and follow orders, your children will never all sleep at the same time.

Dragon Mountain

Edgar shifts his bulk over Aethii's treasure, rolling over a bit so show off.
    "Hey, you're the one who said you wanted to date the huge guy. Here I am! Being big. You could have given me the scroll and we'd have fit in this place just fine." he teases, sticking his tongue out at her like the mature adult that he is.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fettina's Place - Fight!]

Kirk shows up outside Fettina's place and buzzes her call box. When she answers, he says. "We need to talk, Fettina." Comes Kirk's voice.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Vulpan Keep - Atrium]

Carrie waves a hand in forgiving dismissal. "Nah, you're fine. Honestly kind of glad for not having a full, like, red carpet and trumpets thi---oh gods I really am full princess now, aren't I?" She glances about at the fuss she's caused, wondering what the heck her personal guard even is.
    [Vulpan Keep - Atrium]

"A-aren't you, your Highness?" This poor officer has no idea how to handle her, so he sticks to what he does know. The visitor's paperwork gets rapidly approved and he is granted permission to enter. When it looks like he is tempted to linger and perhaps introduce himself to Princess Caroline, the officer ushers him out of the atrium with the utmost politeness and authority. Then he returns to the table, standing behind his chair. To wait. Seconds wrap themselves up in a cocoon of awkwardness. They eclose into minutes. Should he offer her something to drink? Light food? Surely her Guard will arrive long before anything can be summoned from a kitchen or mess hall. He doesn't dare offer her water from his own canteen. Sweat drips down his neck. He looks to his guardsmen for help, but they're too experienced to make eye contact with an officer at a time like this. It could take an entire lifetime of ascetic meditation before a monk is ready to become an immured anchorite, but these soldiers are concentrating so hard on going unnoticed by the Princess that they're likely to become one with the walls if this keeps up. Where the hell is the Guard?

Finally a repetitive noise can be heard dopplering in the hall outside the atrium, a staccato bambambambam like a battery of guns rushing to the officer's rescue. As it gets closer, Carrie will be able to determine it's the sound of a single pair of boots sprinting flat out on the stone floor. The artillery fire suddenly stops right beyond the atrium door. A pause for the smoke to clear so damage can be assessed? One might imagine someone drawing themselves up, catching their breath after that run. Brushing their hair back into place and smoothing their uniform's wrinkles. Regaining their composure and military bearing. How long do you think it would take someone to transition from a dead run to meeting Royalty? In a mere fraction of that time the door opens and a tall, dark brown skinned elf in dress uniform strides in. Calm and collected, she stops in front of Princess Caroline in the position of attention before bowing deeply.

"Captain Trisula reporting as your personal Guard, your Highness."
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

24. - Top - End - #684

NinjaGuy

[Fayyaad's Place]

By the time Electra's done with him, Fayyaad's apartment is probably going to be fairly disheveled. When the curtain finally comes back up, Electra seems much more relaxed as she lounges in bed with Fayyaad.

"You knew I needed this," she says with a knowing smile, tracing a finger down his face, then across his collarbone. "What was the give-away?"

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vulpan Keep - Atrium]

Carrie was running the rough mental math from those hurried footsteps, the halt, the---whoa, she's here already! She's impressed. Eyes glancing over the elven woman, she smiles appreciatively. "A pleasure to meet you, Captain. Been a while since I had anything like a personal guard... and... it'll be helpful to have someone more familiar with the whole structure. As you can imagine, I haven't really been princessing for long."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

[Fayyaad's Place]

"It wasn't any single thing, really." Fayyaad is stretched back contentedly, tired but happy. His tail brushes against Electra's leg idly. "I just felt like you needed to focus on something else when we last spoke. And I do like a problem I can solve naked and in bed. Or the floor, or the couch. Or... the other places you've dragged me to."
    Last edited by Morty; 2021-01-20 at 05:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #687

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Kirk shows up outside Fettina's place and buzzes her call box. When she answers, he says. "We need to talk, Fettina." Comes Kirk's voice.

"Kirk? Honey?" Fettina talks groggy into the mic. She sounds like she's fumbling with the button. "Can you come back later? I'm trying to sleep." It is definitely not a normal time for people to sleep, but he can also tell she's not lying.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #688
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Isaac's Weird Smelling Dungeon Basement Room]

Why would you let Melissa pick the location tag, Isaac? Why? You should have known she would do something like this. You could have taken initiative and framed the little get together yourself but you didn't and now this is what you have to deal with.

Mistakes were made, clearly.

Now, strictly speaking, Melissa isn't in Isaac's room right now. She's upstairs rooting through the closet where all of the family's board games are kept. Isaac's goblin girl friend (not a dreamlander goblin, obviously) is coming over and they're going to play some games so they need to pick out some games for playing. Melissa really likes Ticket to Ride. Trains are fun! And getting to mess up what people are trying to do by putting some trains in just the wrong place is double-fun. She isn't sure what kind of game goblins might like. Do all goblins like the same sorts of games? Probably not. Humans don't all like the same sorts of games why would goblins be any different?

Maybe MULE?

That one's about aliens making a settlement it's silly!

...she wouldn't like Monopoly, would she?

Melissa wrinkles her nose at the box sitting at the bottom of the stack.

Eeww. No way. No one actually likes Monopoly.

"Isaaaaaaaac! What board games do you want me to grab?" Melissa shouts through the house.

Melissa, for the record, resembles a young human girl perhaps somewhere between seven and nine. Long black hair, icy blue eyes, and a striking black dress with white trim. A little swirly blue gem sits in a broach at her neck and a forked black cat's tail peeks out from under the hem of her skirt every now and again.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"Kirk? Honey?" Fettina talks groggy into the mic. She sounds like she's fumbling with the button. "Can you come back later? I'm trying to sleep." It is definitely not a normal time for people to sleep, but he can also tell she's not lying.

"I think it'd be better if we talked sooner rather than later, don't you think?" Kirk replies. Not that he wants to disturb her that much, but it's the middle of the day.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

[Isaac's Room Because Melissa's Got Filled With Exercise Equipment When She Got Turned Into A Cat Like a Doofus]

"I dunno, Clue or Jenga or something? There's always Scrabble but you know what happens when people play that."
    Playing word games that involve spelling tend to get screwy when you realize that everyone's not actually speaking or reading the same language. Stupid Nexus.

Isaac sighs and tries to get the place looking presentable. Which isn't that hard. Iknika has seen his room how it is normally. Really, he just has to pick up all the things Melissa inexplicably knocked off of his tables and dressers. At least she can relax in her human-ish shape when their parents aren't home, and he can wear his pants with the tail-holes. At some point they really should clue their parents in to all this...