New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Is nissa still a green/blue character?

Nissa has been the primary green planeswalker since magic origins roughly, and has been monogreen on all her cards except one Nissa, steward of elements where she is green/blue apparently after passing the trial of knowledge on Amonket. In lore terms does this mean she is a green/blue character or a green one?
    My sig is something witty.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Is nissa still a green/blue character?

Quote Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
    Nissa has been the primary green planeswalker since magic origins roughly, and has been monogreen on all her cards except one Nissa, steward of elements where she is green/blue apparently after passing the trial of knowledge on Amonket. In lore terms does this mean she is a green/blue character or a green one?
    She is base green and secondarily blue and or black. Neither of the other colors have as much weight in her personality, and they are liable to change while, currently, she is unlikely to ever stray from being solidly green. At the moment she is green/black, as she is acting more self-servingly and with more ambition in her quest to heal Zendikar (it seems).

EDIT: Also, there is a dedicated M:tG thread.
    Last edited by Personification; 2020-09-07 at 08:19 PM.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

I'm not up on the lastest expansions, but we've seen planeswalkers expressed as both mono and multi-color before. Ajani for example has been mono-white (Goldmane), green-white (Unyielding), and red-white (Vengeant). White would be his base/core color with the others being secondary.

As mentioned however I believe there is a dedicated MTG thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    As mentioned however I believe there is a dedicated MTG thread.
    Wasnt the whole abstract 'what color is this and that' stuff moved to its own thread because it was cluttering the MTG thread and then fizzled because its not very relevant?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    Wasnt the whole abstract 'what color is this and that' stuff moved to its own thread because it was cluttering the MTG thread and then fizzled because its not very relevant?
    I don't recall specifically, but conceptually, I do think there's a difference between "what color is X character from an unrelated property" and "what color is X character from the MTG mythos itself."

Put another way - "what colors represent Batman?" is probably clutter in the MTG thread. But "what colors represent {Planeswalker}?" is tied to the lore of the game specifically and so would fit in that thread - in my opinion anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)