New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Post The Blood of Heroes: Special Edition (MEGS/DC Heroes/Mayfair Heroes)

Good evening OotS fans. I've come to you during these trying times on, what you COULD call a quest. A Quest for those well-versed enough in an obscure and rare Tabletop RPG to come together with a purpose. And that purpose would be...to play a game.

To make a long story short, DC Comics hired a publisher to make an RPG, it was successful, they stopped making it, the publisher made their OWN version, buuut DC made the argument that they MAY have also owned the rights to the engine shared in both iterations of the RPG...even though they've never fully confirmed it. SO, it never got to take off like other RPGs, which is a shame because looking through my copy of it, it's legitimately a great game. As of today, I'm now far more in-the-zone of being able to gamemaster a campaign with this system. The fact of the matter is though that it's impossible to run a game without players. That's why I'm actively seeking as many communities as I possibly can for those interested in the game and learning how to play it together, so that I can indeed run a campaign in said system.

I have two potential options for campaigns: One is an ambitious crossover between elements of Marvel and DC where the world's first superheroes begin to appear around the time a disaster at Central City caused S.T.A.R. Labs' Particle Accelerator to explode. The campaign would be text-based and divided into several mini-campaigns that would crossover during larger events.

Another option is one that is tied to an original concept of mine, though warning as it's a tad wordy:

Spoiler: TIME FOR BACKSTORY
    Show
    Ever since WWII, vigilantes taking up arms have actively become an invaluable part of American law enforcement and culture. In time these pulp heroes became more and more innovative and led the forefront of modern scientific advancements. Of these heroes, Steel Falcon is among the most famous for his brilliance aiding to technology that is as affordable as it is fantastic. Strattisburg, a modern-day metropolis where high-tech innovations are actively being tested through public use, would be the home of his base, as well as where most of his innovations would be showcased. The same city that acted as a beacon of hope for the world would be the subject of controversy. After a mixup between a medicinal giant and an experimental lab, a series of injections mistaken for vaccinations were administered across The United States, causing 365 people to develop superhuman abilities tied to the traits of different animals. After the discovery that these experimental injections were tied to a Doctor that ran a now-defunct free clinic in Strattisburg and his partner who has been considered dead for decades, officials have deemed a situation this important to be dealt with their most esteemed heroes, thus resulting Steel Falcon having a good chunk of free reign to contain the difficulties of this crisis. But as simple as this sounds, it would be much simpler if the majority of these Altered humans weren't located in Starrisburg, and the only living soul aware of the full potential of this experiment wasn't so preoccupied with keeping his now-comatose son alive...

Basically, I've got a decent idea for basises of campaigns, just not the overall details from beginning to end. BUT I'm hoping that with enough interest I'll be able to flesh out even more of either idea while doing my best to teach those unfamiliar with the system just how it plays. Or heck, maybe you're a gamemaster looking to run a campaign of your own, I'd gladly join that. Regardless, I'm just hoping to see if this attracts any fans of the games or potential fans that can afford to look into it. That said I look forward to hearing from any and all interested!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: The Blood of Heroes: Special Edition (MEGS/DC Heroes/Mayfair Heroes)

I was a huge fan of MSHRPG and DC Heroes back in the day, and there are elements of both that would work well together.

Are you wanting to mix Marvel and DC just for the backstory, or for game mechanics as well?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: The Blood of Heroes: Special Edition (MEGS/DC Heroes/Mayfair Heroes)

I'm actually not 100% familiar with MSHRPG, though I did look into it once. Essentially, the crossover aspects would be strictly story for what I had in mind, influenced by The MCU, CW DC Series of Shows, and The DCAU, among other adaptations of their respective source materials. Though I would be more than willing to hear more about the MSHRPG aspects that'd mix well!

ALSO I just realized because of a mistake I made due to multiple windows, I posted this in the ROLEPLAYING GAMES section, not the "Looking for Players" section, that's absolutely my fault. If a mod needs to move this to said section for that reason I'm 100% cool with that.
    Last edited by Tech097; 2020-09-08 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Added details related to MSHRPG

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

I was starting to think I was the only person to own this rpg. (Two copies actually. Accidentally got the second one in some fashion that I no longer remember)
    Last edited by TerrickTerran; 2020-09-19 at 08:12 PM.
    Minister of sarcasm and pragmatism of the Grayview fanclub.

No, none of us were altering the unimutable laws of physics. That would be wrong.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Getting this game purely by accident is QUITE fortuitous :o No lie that's real impressive given how rare this game can get...that said, I was starting to wonder if I was as well, and lo this thread gained enough traction to prove me otherwise lol

With any luck this means that something could come of this! Until then I've been working on a custom character sheet in Word I plan on exporting into a PDF to replace the official one (it really felt more like a numbered list than a character sheet). I'll be sure to post it here when I'm done with it!