New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 6

"I can create a hundred and twenty of those" Sirthis noted "Feel free to eat as many as you want. Though you should be filled after one. They are a druid thing- I take it druids aren't common around your parts? Or different?" he sat by the desk, writing on the paper the Shadar-Kai's song. Not always you get songs from other planes.

"Guess that dragon should be enough" Eris noted giving Aklah nailed petsies along the throat.
    "Me and Aklah will take first watch- Sirthis has been throwing around spells to keep us hidden the whole time so he can rest up fully this time. Hoket and Briar, Mávro and her familiar, Leff and hers?" she proposed, though the order was completely random.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

"Acceptable," Mávro said in Infernal. "But this is not a familiar," she said. "But a Sentinel Raven, an extension of my pact with the Raven Queen." She ate a berry and handed one to her bird.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, I'm sorry. Though... I don't actually know the difference, I must admit. As you can see, I'm not very well versed in magic" Eris replied apologizing "Speaking of which... Do you ever find yourself face to face with Glor- the Raven Queen in your dreams? Like, completely at random?" she asked "I'm a Warlock too, so is Sirthis, though of different Patrons... It has happened to me twice, as if somebody had casted Dream, but it doesn't look like it ever happened to him. I'm trying to understand wether this should be normal or not"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-09-14 at 04:03 PM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

"I have impressions... visions... emotions. My first direct message was to seek you out," Mávro answered. "I need not sleep, and am alert while trancing. I can watch all night," she said, sitting on her bedroll. "But I can only be active for two watches. Would you like me to keep you company?"
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-09-14 at 04:12 PM.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, thank you" Eris nodded smiling, sitting down on her bedroll with a hand resting on Aklah and when Leff went to bed she coiled her tail around the genasi's hand to keep her company.
    "Tell me- what's a Sentinel Raven then? Nevermind that stuff about appearing in Dreams. Doesn't look like the same- mine are real enough for me and my Patron to duel and stab each other"

Sirthis meanwhile went to bed happy for his full rest.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-09-14 at 04:20 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro went on to describe something that was basically a familiar, except that she could share her bird's senses at all times, and while on her shoulder the raven could not be harmed but was also inert.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It is from the Pact of the Raven Queen Unearthed Arcana.

"Who is your patron?" Mávro asked.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Oh, I didn't know there were two Patrons related to Shadowfell/Raven Queen. A shame it didn't make it.
    "Boss? He's Stelus, the Prince of Frost. Archfey, son of Mab Queen of the Unseelie- my other weapon rapresents this pact" Eris conjured her maul, which was covered in a slight layer of ice "The weapon the Raven Queen gave me is stronger, but being sentient I couldn't bond it with my Pact, so I haven't been using this" she put it on the side.
    "My Patron either hates yours or close to that, funny enough. The Raven Queen was at war with his grandmother"

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Yeah, especially when hexblade did!

"Is that her work?" Mávro asked, looking curiously at Black Ice. "Is that... Blackrazor?"
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, no sorry- she gave it to me, but she got it from another adventurer. Only somebody with ties to the devils can have it attune" Eris explained "It's called Black Ice. My previous weapon had been destroyed, so she gave this one to me as a gift for helping her get rid of a problem. I'm not aware of a weapon called Blackrazor" she concluded. Tecnically it wasn't exactly a gift, but it was close enough.
    "Since we are talking about Gloriana, if it happens can you get a message to her? I've convinced my Patron to let me do as I wish- I'll swear an Oath under her name when I go visit her place. Which should happen after this mission, assuming the group we left on Toril hasn't had any problems in doing their own"

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

"Do you not wish to swear this oath now?" Mávro asked, confused at the wait.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Eris looked just as confused.
    "Don't I have to go to her and ask or something like that? I'm not sure how people become paladins. Doesn't the lack of a decent Weave cause problems?"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-09-14 at 05:11 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

"I seem to be operating," Mávro pointed out. "And I know the oaths that need sworn. I could guide you through them now, if you so desired."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

"Very well" Eris nodded "I wanted to swear the Oath to protect the light of this world" she said, recalling roughly how Gloriana presented it. Her tail coiled more around Leff's arm in reflex.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Leff stirred and looked up at Eris as Mávro recited the oath in Infernal.
    "Do you swear to Kindle the Light? Through your acts of mercy, kindness, and forgiveness, kindle the light of hope in the world, beating back despair.
    Do you swear to Shelter the Light?*Where there is good, beauty, love, and laughter in the world, stand against the wickedness that would swallow it. Where life flourishes, stand against the forces that would render it barren.
    Do you swear to Preserve Your Own Light?*Delight in song and laughter, in beauty and art. If you allow the light to die in your own heart, you can't preserve it in the world.
    Do you swear to Be the Light?*Be a glorious beacon for all who live in despair. Let the light of your joy and courage shine forth in all your deeds."

It was a set of very strange sentences to hear in infernal.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Eris nodded.
    "I swear to Kindle the Light, to beat back despair through mercy, kindness and forgiveness. I swear to Shelter the Light, to stand against the wickedness that would swallow good, beauty, love and laughter in the world and to stand against forces that would rend where life flourishes barren. I swear to Preserve My Own Light, to delight in song and laughter, in beauty and art. I swear to Be the Light, to be a glorious beacon for all who live in despair" she swore.

Eris spotted Leff only then and smiled sweetly at her wife, though she focused immediately back on Mávro. Her tail stayed there.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Eris felt light flood into her, and then the back of her neck felt hot pain. She heard Gloriana's voice in her mind, May your light shine ever bright. And then she fell to the ground, unconscious.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Eris awoke to Leff's fingers tracing something on the back of her neck. It was sunset. "There's a raven seared into your skin," Leff explained.
    Hoket awoke Sirthis and briefly filled him in on the crazy stuff that had gone on with Eris.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

"Uuuuugh... Makes sense... I just wish somebody had told me early..." Eris said, groggily standing up "But I feel stronger and can do things I previously couldn't, so it worked"

"Speaking of feeling stronger, Abeir must be a womb of natural spirits- guess who managed to learn the bull**** wind speed spell Marû used on us?" Sirthis showed a winning smile.
    "Also yeah, nice tattoo. Gloriana's great, I'm happy for your choice. Well, looks great at least"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-09-14 at 07:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro looked confused at the goings-on, and began casting Comprehend Languages.
    "How do you feel?" Leff asked.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

"Before falling unconscious I clearly felt something enter me- and Gloriana's voice. I feel slightly tougher, and..." Eris closed her eyes "I can... Feel the presence of certain creatures. Celestials, fiends, undeads... If I concentrate. And... That something, it's like a warm feeling. I think I can push it out to heal others, or purify them" she looked at her wife "So, I'm alright, and stronger. I hope you didn't worry" she put a hand on Leff's face, giving her a kiss "It was painful only for a second. Probably the marking" she said. Then she smiled and used her earring.

Not that kind of pain. That's only for you.

Sirthis waited for Mávro to be done and filled her in.
    "Eris succesfully became a paladin and I have a spell to make us travel more then three times faster, to sum it up"

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro nodded once.

Leff looked flustered, and pulled back. Would you - not... in front of... She cleared her throat. "So, what's the plan? We Wind Walk to Hoket's family, grab them, and Wind Walk out?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

"That's the best plan, assuming it works this easily. Now, a few details- this spell, including me, can work on maximum eleven people. We are five already, excluding Chocolate, Leff's raven, Briar and Márvo's raven who can all be dismissed. That's six more people- Hoket, how many are there of your family? Also I can Scry again now, though I risk failure. That will be useful to find them" Sirthis concluded.
    "Oh, also, it takes a minute to cast so when we find them I'll need the time to recast it again"

"Can your Sentinel Raven be dismissed? He doesn't know that it's not a familiar"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-09-14 at 08:01 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Hoket considered the question. "I... three, I would guess. Nekt... it is too much to hope that she is still alive. Unless they have increased security, our chief concern with be Irnakk - the real one. And he is nothing to the brass dragon you killed earlier."

"In a sense," Mávro answered. "I can merge with my raven," and she demonstrated as her body shrank into a tiny bracelet around the raven's ankle. She then extended back outward. "And... dismiss myself, I suppose."
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-09-14 at 08:07 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

"If Nekt is alive, there will be enough space for her. Now- aside from the discovery that Mávro is the familiar between the two, I think we can go. Everybody- I won't be able to hide us, but I doubt you can get much more stealthy then a cloud. Now, get within thirty feet and... Cloud Body!" he repeated uselessly since they were all huddled, and took a minute to turn them all into cloud form.

While waiting Eris nodded at the Shadar-Kai.
    "Let's still take the longer route you drew- we'll follow you. If you never tried this spell eh, it's pretty intuitive"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-09-14 at 08:17 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro looked down at herself as she became a desert storm, and then rocketed off into the desert alongside the others, showing the way up toward... it was an odd transition, from deserts to rocky mountains, but perhaps that was simply due to the rate of travel. At the top of the highest mountain, shrouded in clouds, they saw a great palace hewn into the rock. Nobody had to say who lived there. But Mávro brought them down in a poor village filled with chromatic dragonborn, huddled in cheap shacks. Barking orders at some to go to bed, some to get out, was a massive golden dragonborn decked out in shining armor, with rings on most of his fingers and metal claws fastened over his natural ones.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis had an hell of a time, flying in circles around people. Like Zenov did.

Alright, maybe he wasn't having so much fun.

Nonetheless, when they noted the village, Sirthis called out.
    "Let's land out of view- it takes time to return to normal" he said, deviating them towards as out of view as it got without actually straying far, and then he started returning to normal.

"Alright... Hoket, find your family. Sirthis, accompany him but stay in sight, I want you ready if a fight breaks out- there might be more then just Irnakk" Eris said, taking a minute to go back to normal too "Me, Leff, Aklah and Mávro will make sure the gold one doesn't raise his head too high" she unsheated her greatsword, repeated everything in Infernal, decided that language barriers are bothersome, and led the group into what looked like the center proper.
    "I trust you know where your house is, Hoket?"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-09-14 at 08:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Hoket pointed out the house right next to Irnakk. "That's it."
    "You're saying we kill him?" Mávro asked in clarification.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh! Not necessarily. Our priority is rescuing and protecting Hoket's family- if Irnakk tries to stop us we fight and whatever happens happens" Eris looked around to the people there "...eventually, we'll come back to rescue everybody and put a stop to Tahtorak. But we need to focus on our objective now"

Sirthis waved at Irnakk when they were close enough.
    "Hey there! We just need to fetch a few people. Don't mind us" he said in Draconic, smiling heavenly as he walked with intention to Hoket's house.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Obviously all ready for a fight.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Well, that's initiative.
    Irnakk: (1d20+7)[9]
    Sidorak: (1d20)[1]
    Snipers: (1d20+4)[8]
    Leff: (1d20+2)[8]
    Mávro: (1d20+4)[19]
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Order
    Show

Mávro:*(1d20+4)[19]
    Hoket*(1d20+1)[18]
    Sirthis*(1d20+4)[16]
    Eris*(1d20+3)[9]*adv.*(1d20+3)[12]
    Irnakk:*(1d20+7)[9]
    Snipers:*(1d20+4)[8]
    Leff:*(1d20+2)[8]
    Aklah*(1d20)[3]
    Sidorak:*(1d20)[1]

Mávro, seeing Sirthis alert the Overseer, lifted a hand toward the Overseer and black petals rushed over him, showing him images of scythes and death. But Irnakk just laughed at her. "I wield Fear. Do you truly hope to frighten me!?" he bellowed.
    However, a great deal of the people around him ran off, leaving them with a clear battlefield.
    Show