New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 6

Malyanna leaned on him immediately. "Well, what did you want to know?" she asked.

Eventually, Gloriana emerged beside her and took a seat. "May I help you, Eris?"
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

"Just why Zolt frequented Vecna's people. I didn't know she was a follower of Pelor- I understand you, but shouldn't Vecna's be her enemies? Speaking of which, Osterneth is permanently dead. Should be" Sirthis asked, putting an arm around Malyanna smiling.

"Yes, I wanted to ask you a few things which we couldn't ask last time. Also I should probably report something we did which probably isn't going to matter, but still. Oh, the bartender only serves things I know, so nothing fancy" Eris nodded.
    "Of course you can refuse to answer. For example... How did you come by that sword? Speaking of which, I realy must thank you. Defeating Demogorgon wouldn't have been quite as doable without it"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Malyanna laughed. "Oh, yes. That." She stretched a bit, nestling up to Sirthis. "Zolt is a... an Aasimar. She was brought into being by Sidriel, one of Pelor's greatest angels. She devoted her life to Pelor, and obeys his every order. So whatever she did, she thinks it's what Pelor wants her to do. Even if she finds both me and Vecna's ilk distasteful."

Gloriana touched her wings before tucking them in. "I..." She swallowed. "The Blood War is... the greatest threat to the Realms present, and the gods' willingness to allow the devils to fight their war in exchange for preserving their own power has led to that. Ever since I learned of... my own personal devil, I began my mission to end this unsustainable feeding of the Devils' plans by the gods. Of which I technically am one. You may know me by my name that is used in the Shadowfell... the Raven Queen." Gloriana looked to Black Ice. "I am glad he has been useful to you. And... Demogorgon, you say? That certainly makes me worry less about the aftermath of the hells' destruction. And... you're welcome." she smiled, and reached past Eris, drawing the mental image of Black Ice and reading the Infernal Runes. "Yes, he's almost awake, isn't he?" she asked. "This sword was once a warlock. A Servant of Mephistopholes who served him in fighting back a demon invasion into the Material... into Toril. His name was Lucius. And after he died, he returned as a sword that could manifest his original body. And after he had served his purpose, Mephistopholes called him home... but he ran. He ran until his power was spent, and he went dormant. He was then picked up by an adventurer like you, but lacking a connection to the hells she could not awaken him, and traded the sword to me for my assistance in killing the vampire who had destroyed her family. Does this answer all of your questions?" Gloriana handed the sword back, hilt-first.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

"That... Explains, I guess. I actually like her less now, but at least she shouldn't be dangerous. Mindlessly following orders is something I dislike, and let's face it- good people are just as bad as evil people, when they are your enemy. Maybe worse. Anyway" Sirthis shrugged "That's all I wanted to know, I think. Are you in any hurry to leave?"

Eris put an hand on Gloriana's shoulder, taking back Black Ice.
    "I'm sorry if answering this for difficult. I appreciate what you are doing- though I have no idea what's the Raven Queen, sorry. I mean, I know now it's you, but I don't know what that's supposed to mean. As for my questions... Actually, this answer gave me one more. If Lucius awakens... What happens? Will the warlock fully recover as a person? Or is Black Ice simply going to become a sentient sword? And I should warn you then... Demogorgon apparently wanted Eltab back into the Abyss, and that happened. We were traveling to stop his awakening, but we came too late and could only send Demogorgon and Eltab back to the Abyss and slay their demon armada"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

"I only need four hours of rest," Malyanna answered.

Gloriana's eyes twinkled in curiosity. "You know, I have no idea. To your question about Lucius." She then considered the rest of what was said. "It makes sense. Demogorgon's position is weakening, after Pzuzu's outburst. Sertrous - another Obyrith - is setting himself up to challenge Demogorgon and take over the Abyss. Demogorgon probably wanted a demon prince indebted to him to return home to secure his authority. This isn't exactly a good thing, but it may buy us time before Asmodeus makes his move. Further, I have been speaking with Malyanna, and I am wondering if you would be willing to go into the Shadowfell and investigate an old temple which may provide valuable insight on Asmodeus."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis brought Malyanna in for a kiss.
    "Good. I didn't make a bath tub with the perfect temperature for nothing"

"I see no problem with that. We need to travel to Abeir first though. And we might also need to worry about an aboleth problem. Shadowfell... Would you be able to provide us of a way to work magic without hurting ourselves? At the Isle of Dread, a crossroad, we passed by the Shadowfell side and according to Sirthis when he cast magic it... Hurt. He clutched his arm in clear pain" Eris asked.
    "As for questions... Well, Leff had wondered how did you know Zargon isn't better then Asmodeus, but according to the plan they should both die right? So no issue there. What we did wonder is... How did you know about Cania collapsing? And what were yo doing during the Tharizdun and Vecna problem? Does it have to do with the risk of ending up in the 9 Hells before the severing?" she said, then frowned and added "I'm really sorry if this sounds like an interrogation. I trust you, and actually consider you a genuine friend. Me and Leff just want to see things clearly"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-09-10 at 03:53 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Gloriana smiled apologetically. "I'm afraid that is just a result of the Shadow Weave, which is what magic runs on in the Shadowfell. I cannot give you a pass from it, not while Shar is active." She smiled at the next question. "I knew that Cania was falling apart because I was looking. Many gods have a model of realmspace through which to observe major changes. I keep mine in my study, where I spend much of my time. I could show you, sometime. And, after Vecna's rise... If you are aware, he was destroyed very shortly after his return. I am... a cautious woman, and not prone to rushed action. I had not decided on my response to his return before his most recent death. It is... discouraged, for gods to kill one another, and is not something I can rush into." She then reached out a hand onto Eris's shoulder. "I am glad you think of me as a friend. Perhaps we could meet to play a game, sometime."
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-09-10 at 04:18 PM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm preeetty good with dice games" Eris smiled nodding "And that model of Realmspace sounds cool. Though... Does this mean you are an actual goddess? I thought you were just a particularly badass archfey!" she said.
    "Oh and yeah I know. We were there helping Sirthis- though only him fought Vecna. But... Sorry, this has nothing to do with why I Dreamed you but if you are a goddess... Does it mean you have the whole divine Spark and clerics thing?"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-09-10 at 04:33 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, I have a Divine Spark and clerics, though they're all currently in the Shadowfell," Gloriana answered simply. "Why do you ask?"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

"...I'm not sure... But you are my favorite goddess then. And being a cleric or a paladin has proven to be pretty effective in keeping people safe from what I've seen- or at least can make people stronger to do that" Eris said carefully "I think if I were to throw my lot in with a goddess and all that stuff Sirthis does I'd want it to be you. But... Uh... I guess I should first talk it out with Boss in any case"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-09-10 at 04:49 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Gloriana actually blushed. "Oh, Eris. I am flattered just by the suggestion. Do get in touch with me if you decide on this course of action... would you like to know my domains?"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Eris blinked.
    "As usual, please go with the explanation suitable for rocks. My whole experience with magic is being Boss' warlock. And my blood. All I know is that clerics heal, make pesky liches cower in fear and conjure their gods when it's going real bad"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, most of us are less... 'hands-on,' than Sune. If you were to do what I assume Surthis did, I do not expect that I would manifest personally. I would likely send something or manifest some power through you." Gloriana smiled before going into the explanation. "My domains are Life and Death," she explained. "The duality of decay and rebirth define me and my... slow and ongoing climb back to my former..." she stopped, looking to her charred feathers. "Life would enable you to heal others, and Death would... help you kill, with your spells at any rate. Though if you were to swear and Oath to me as a Paladin, you could swear Vengeance against the fiends and undead that are my enemies, or vow to defend the light found in all that lives."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

cool Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 6

"Death sounds like a terrible idea. I can't manage a cantrip when I fight" Eris said thinking "It'd be either Life or an Oath... Though... Mh. I may lean more cleric. From what I understand, there is plenty of magic to be used out of a fight- I find wacking things with a magical weapon plenty effective. But if an Oath made me better at protecting those around me... I'll think about it" she nodded to herself "Right, not all fiends and undeads, correct? Lenora's a friend and a Fiend after all, and lives at your court. And I was a revenant for a while"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, no. I've made a few Revenants, actually. And of course, Lenora is welcome here. I was only referring to those that are my enemies, and most of my enemies are fiends and undead." Gloriana lifted her head. "Apologies, something has come up with one of my followers in the Shadowfell. I will meet with you again soon." And Eris was with Leff in their bed.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Eris blinked. That was rapid.
    "...well, she probably wouldn't have answered the last question" she murmured and smiled down at Leff "Your turn" and Dreamed for good.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis and Eris awoke holding their respective wives. Sirthis was also holding Delilah, who was the only other person awake.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis smiled at Delilah.
    "Morning" he murmured to not wake up Mab, and gave kisses to both.

Eris stretched, feeling energized and fully recovered. And started smooching Leff to wake her up sweetly, wanting to share what she had learned from Gloriana and hear Leff's opinion.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

"Good morning," Delilah said. Mab stirred enough to kiss Sirthis, then pulled herself onto him more firmly and fell back asleep.

Leff woke up to accept the kisses and held Eris close through the smooching. "'Morning, gorgeous," she mumbled.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

"The Queen's lazy" Sirthis snickered and stroked Mab's hair, accompanying her sleep. He didn't really want to leave the bed yet.

"Moooorning" Eris said cuddling her wife "Slept well?" she asked innocently.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

"She's a little pillow princess," Lorraine agreed, stirring from behind Mab to lean across Sirthis and Mab and kiss Delilah.

"Had a wonderful dream," Leff smiled. "How about you?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh... I love waking up like this" Sirthis smiled cuddling Mab in his arms "And Lilah wasn't sure wether to come to the Fortress yesterday or not"

"Same. Though... I had two" Eris admitted "I first contacted Gloriana to ask some questions which I wanted to talk about with you" she adjusted her position to look at Leff's face.
    "For example... Did you have any idea that she was a goddess?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

"Nice to meet you, by the way," Delilah said to Lorraine, who laughed.

Leff shook her head. "No, I didn't." But she didn't look particularly surprised.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

"She teached me most of what I know, you know. For bard stuff" Sirthis noted giving another kiss to Mab "I'd say best teacher there is, but my other example involves an old firbolg"

"I was amazed. It's why she knew about Cania by the way. All gods have a replica of the... She called it 'Realmspace'. She's very careful, which is why she didn't take action in time even for Vecna. I... Inquired about becoming her cleric or paladin. I want to" Eris told Leff "But I wish to hear your opinion on the matter. I know your views but... Well, aside from the fact that I'm a warrior on my own, I feel like if I can take more power from a good source, from a friend who shares the love for this world... And use it to protect it and protect my family... I should"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Mab finally stretched and stood, looking at the various bards in her bed. "Good morning, all." She kissed Sirthis. "Husband."

Leff nodded at the explanations, then her face froze. "I mean... yes, I don't want any of my power to be dependent on another creature... but, if you trust her, then of course I support your decision."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

"Wife" Sirthis smiled "We'd make for a very convincing nymph circle, wouldn't we?" he snickered sitting up "Who's up for a bath before breakfast?"

Eris nodded and gave Leff a kiss on the cheek.
    "That's all I wanted, for you to be alright with me doing it" she said "Which also means that after Abeir and making sure the Miserix matter has been dealt with by Delilah, we'll have to come back here for that... And to tell Boss. He won't be happy, probably, but... If he disagrees, I'll convince him crossing our blades" she sat up, taking the greatsword.
    "Right, Lucius?" Eris asked checking if there was a reaction.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"We bathed last night," Delilah recalled, and Mab looked at her with a smile. She stood up and walked to the bath, a hand on her baby bump.

The sword didn't say anything. Leff got up and started dressing.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

"Pffft, as if I don't take at least two baths each day when I'm here" Sirthis said following after Mab with a smile.

Eris put it down and got dressing herself, putting on the new shiny armor.
    "Gloriana explained to me the story of the sword. Black Ice was a warlock called Lucius who made a pact with Mefistofeles to have the power to stop an horde of demons- on death, he became a sword that could manifest his original body. But after the horde was defeated, the devil claimed him and Lucius ran, exhausting his power until the sword fell dormant" she took a deep breath "Let's be vigilant when we fight demons. When the sword finished awakening... Lucius might manifest, instead of being a 'simple' sentient weapon. And he could have been a good guy forced to make a pact to protect his world, in which case all good, or an evil guy that ran away from the consequences. That's... All I could discover actually. Gloriana had to leave before I could ak about your people's story... Though I don't think she'd have told me. Yet. Every time her wings are mentioned... She looks really in pain" she finished putting her armor on.
    "Yeah, that's all I discovered. Next step is breakfast!"

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Delilah followed in after a nod from Lorraine.
    "I hope you will be able to get used to it," Mab said to sirthis.

Leff nodded. "If the story of the raven is a metaphor for her... yes, I suppose she'd be hurt by the memory." She followed Eris to breakfast, which had steamed carrots served alongside cinnamon-flavored oatmeal with toast to go with.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

"I seem to have settled pretty good haven't I?" Sirthis noted. He was dutifully washing people off (and only that for once) like the good attendant he was. First Mab.
    "All the notable people I connected to have been calling me Sirthis instead of milord, and... Alright, I don't think the archfeys know me a whole lot. But Hyrsam's a friend, and Stelus at least approves of me. And the other two Queens seems to appreciate me, to some degree" he shoot a glance at Delilah, to tell her to not add anything. He didn't want Mab to know about meeting Oberon until he knew what exactly went on according to fey laws. Last thing Sirthis wanted was Mab getting angry at her sister's Consort.
    "Feywild's already my home, here with you. And with time I should be able to explore all of it"

"Mmm... What a nice smell" Eris said, taking two seats for them "So... Before leaving, we need to get Aklah and put her armor on, and we should see about that saddle... And we need to give Aldora back the book? Or are we to give it back when we come back?" she asked, the tiefling only having the vague impression that it was not a comic book.