New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: The Imperial Hero Academy (in game)

Zeno

The ghostly woman nods appreciatively to Sir Robert. She sends to the group, including Sir Robert in the mix.

*Well, that's a big step forward. One teleportation gets us there, and perhaps we'll be able to find a way back once we're at High Garden. My assumption is that we should start there and find the wererats and this guild of theirs, so that we're not having to investigate every tomb in Beaver Valley. The timing is tight but possible. Sound good?"
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Tolo nods. Let's do it.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Agreeing with the others, then grabbing his things. I am ready when ever you are

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Robert nods his walks the party into the hallway before asking you to wait here. As he goes for a few moments before returning with a scroll and a signet ring. As he says "Unforcedly there are matters here that prevent me from accompanying you. The ring will allow you to ask for a favour of any followers of the queen of magic. You might need all the help you can get. Also, are you taking the creature or do you want him executed?"

(OOC Also you might want to grab your followers.)
    Last edited by Stormwolf69; 2021-04-08 at 03:11 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Zeno

If only it were possible for Zeno to grab Malleus, but she would pass right through him. And he's right here with us - he's just not very talkative.

Malleus's simple and unassuming manner had helped him blend in with the mass of servants and staff at Robert's briefing, but he steps forward so as not to be forgotten on the journey ahead. Zeno pulls out a wand that has been enchanted so that it can be touched by both the corporeal and incorporeal, and offers it to George to hold with her, so that the circle may be completed.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Zeno

If only it were possible for Zeno to grab Malleus, but she would pass right through him. And he's right here with us - he's just not very talkative.

Malleus's simple and unassuming manner had helped him blend in with the mass of servants and staff at Robert's briefing, but he steps forward so as not to be forgotten on the journey ahead. Zeno pulls out a wand that has been enchanted so that it can be touched by both the corporeal and incorporeal, and offers it to George to hold with her, so that the circle may be completed.
    Grabbing firmly to Zeno's arm George waits for the spell to complete

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Tolo grabs onto Zeno's arm of brassy light, rather than the wand. The same arm, just in case she actually needs one free. His grip is a little over-firm. After a frowned moment of thought, he puts the other hand on George, rejecting both an arm and a shoulder as too wide, before settling, somewhat awkwardly, on an ear.

He shoots Robert an anxious look. Ah... my horse is borrowed from the capital. Can I ask that you ensure it is redeemed?
    Last edited by Togo; 2021-04-12 at 08:57 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Zeno

Zeno is suitably impressed. There have been perhaps a dozen solids in her life who have the gift of touching the spirit-folk directly the way that Tolo has just done. She shifts the wand to her other hand, and Malleus takes hold, offering his free hand to George.

9. - Top - End - #159

WolfInSheepsClothing

Robert smiles as he says "Don't worry about the horse. I will take care of it." As he then takes out his sword.

1000 exp for the dead Fiendish changing. don't worry there will be more like him in the campaign.

As the spell completes you find your self in the middle of some town Squair. as most of the townsfolk in the area look at you. As teleportation is not a common way of travel.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Zeno

Zeno glances around and sends telepathically to her companions.

*Nicely done. Now. Shall we try to make some friends here to find the wererats? I can also try using more divination magic. Or...doubtless I'm missing other options. Your thoughts?*
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2021-04-17 at 03:28 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

George looking around at the onlookers, Well that was interesting.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Tolo looks around the square.

Have a look around first?. Get a feel for the local power structure, who is in charge, and who isn't and resenting it enough to be used. Locations of major landmarks. That will take maybe an hour or two, and should give us a better target for divinations. We get the same number of questions, or whatever, no matter if we ask right now or at dusk, and the sun is still high. At least we should find the guild, the location of this tomb, and how public the underworld is.

He looks back at the other three.

Take maybe an hour or two on information gathering? I'd help with the spells but my own divinations are fairly primitive - basically no more than casting legs-... I mean, bones.

13. - Top - End - #163

WolfInSheepsClothing

As the three of you look around a member of the town guard walks up to you in a red and black uniform he is armed with a mace. As he says "Not many use teleporting into town. I don't recognise you are your form the Adventures or Mages guild ?"

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Zeno

Zeno turns to smile at the...guard? Civic official? Did it really matter?

"I'm afraid that our affiliations are less specific than that, but we would like to speak with someone from this Adventurers' Guild, if such a thing were to be found here in town? Could you offer directions?"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Tolo nods enthusiastically Yees, yees, he says in a heavy accent. Possibly some form of archaic elvish? Please be teelling us to the Guild way? Adventurers we thirst for?

Spoiler: Languages
    Show
    Tolo is speaking with a drow (dark elf) accent.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

looking at the intensity of the guard and hearing what he said. George stays silent for now only sticking reasonably close to his allies.

17. - Top - End - #167

WolfInSheepsClothing

The guard agrees as he asks you to follow him. the town itself looks like a normal human city but there is one thing that stands out. As it does not feel right. As you look at the side streets you see children playing but where normally there would be a dog or a cat you see a rat the size of a small dog in its place. you also notice women with these large rodents. stroking them as if pets. a few even having collars on them.

As you go down the street a small human girl runs up to Toliudar saying "Sir you dropped this." As she hands you the note then runs off.

Spoiler: Note
    Show
    The note in Drow says" If you don't find what you are looking for in the market. You could try the Moon Over Mayhem. In the Market district.

As the guard takes you to the guildhall he says "Yes the large building there is the Adventures guildhall the two gated buildings to the left of it are Domatories for some of its members. You Know the inside looks more like a tavern. and they make very nice ale. If you want my opinion."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Zeno

Malleus bends to scoop up the note, then communicates its contents on to Zeno telepathically, and she shares the words with the group. Zeno pauses to carefully note the girl and her appearance.

At the guildhall, Zeno thanks the town guard profusely, noting how lovely the architecture of the city is and how lucky they are to have come here. And then Malleus opens the door and they head into the Guildhall. Inside, they browse any postings and message boards first, and then seek out a guild representative. Zeno smiles warmly.

"Excuse me! I'm looking for individuals who might have expertise with, shall we say, accessing areas that have been secured. And anyone with a knowledge of Beaver Valley."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

See, says Tolo conversationally, if quietly. I think that anyone conversant with the tongue of dark elves should be bumped up our list of suspected bad guys. And what kind of customers does Moon over Mayhem suggest to you?

As they approach the representative, his face sets into a neutral, hopeful mould, as if possessed of good intentions but few actual thoughts.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Playing dumb
    If appropriate:
    Bluff (1d20+15)[23]

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

hearing what the note had to say. Thinking to the others, After we are done here at the hall we should check out that location just to gain more information

21. - Top - End - #171

WolfInSheepsClothing

As you walk into the guild building you notice that there is a lower area in front of you are 24 tables in a lower area with a bar to the left. And a stage directly in front of you. Most of the tables are full as you also see barmaids tending to the patrons. To your right, there is a tall elf with long brown hair and green eyes. She is wearing a white blouse and a long black. dress. As she smiles at you as she takes out some paperwork.

As after hearing what Zeno says she replies. “Well, Beaver valley is well known to your adventurers as younger adventures go there all the time to hunt Dire beavers and other game in that area. As the pelts are highly sought after and improve their survival skills. But the guild would like some more information before we post this job for our members if you want, we could go into the offices. And we can continue filling out the paperwork. Onforcnetly we can not guarantee what team or members choose to accept the job. But with more info. As a few members act as Adventure advisers might be able to recommend what teams should do it.”
    As she leads you into a small hallway as you see in one of the rooms desks and chairs the others are closed with others inside. As she asks you to come inside. As she offers you three seats. Then says “right now everything that will be said in here is confidential between the guild and you the client. Now tell me everything the guild need to know. ”

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Zeno

Zeno murmurs for Malleus to wait outside the office as she and Tolo are ushered in. She sends to George.

*I'll keep you posted if we learn anything useful.*

It has been known for thousands of years that if you tell someone to think about anything other than pink elephants, they will think about pink elephants. Zeno is counting on this principle as she conceals the activation of her simplest mind-reading power, and turns to smile at the guild representative. Once the door is closed behind them, she focuses on the woman's thoughts, long enough to confirm that she is not planning an ambush or any such thing, and that Zeno is reading her thoughts clearly. Once this is the case, she proceeds with her question.

*While I appreciate your desire for confidentiality, I'm afraid that we're very interested in any other clients that may have come in recently, specifically anyone asking about tomb robbing in Beaver Valley. It is very important to us, and to the safety of everyone in this, well, world. We need your help. Has someone been in with such a request?*

She puts all of her sincere concern into her thoughts.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Zeno conceals manifestation as she uses Read Thoughts on the woman. Will DC 20 resists. If she doesn't read the woman's thoughts, she doesn't proceed with the rest of the questions - at least not in this way.

If it helps, Diplomacy: (1d20+19)[37]

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Thinking to Zeno, I think ?I will try my luck out here with this lot it may turn up something useful.

George pulling out his guitar, and taking the stage, singing a tune and dancing away. Afterwards asking around for more information about the tomb.
    Last edited by samduke; 2021-05-07 at 12:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Tolo doesn't say much, unwilling to upset Zeno's plan, but it does occur to him that fiendish servitors an occasionally lie.

Or any expedition to Beaver Valley really. Tombs may have been incidental.

25. - Top - End - #175

WolfInSheepsClothing

Toliudar and Togo

She looks at you with an eyebrow raised saying no there has not been any contracts that have come in as of late. Unforthcetly there are also freelance adventures that would do that type of work for higher risk and rewards. But an expedition of that nature will not come cheap either. as you are looking at a minimum of a 4 man crew more likely 6. As well as others at the base camp and logistics. I could speak with Ulric. a warlock. His team might be a good fit for it will be expensive. Or we could wait to see who accepts it tomorrow. How much money are you putting for the expedition ?"

samduke.

your performance is taken well. was there is some cheering from the tables as others toss some coins your way. (I rolled two d10 and you got) acquiring 36 gold coins.

As you go around talking to the others a man wearing black leather armour says to you that there is something off about Beaver Vally in that the river from the east has a waterfall so there is the north and sides with the river being the divide between the two halves but there is a hill in the north area that if you use detect magic you can see the flow of magic in the area but there is a void. might be an area of strong magic.

As another adventure tell you a story about an incident 10 years ago. About a group of four junior members that went to dig it up. After two weeks and no word others were sent to investing only there the camp was found in the area.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf69 View Post
    Toliudar and Togo

She looks at you with an eyebrow raised saying no there has not been any contracts that have come in as of late. Unforthcetly there are also freelance adventures that would do that type of work for higher risk and rewards. But an expedition of that nature will not come cheap either. as you are looking at a minimum of a 4 man crew more likely 6. As well as others at the base camp and logistics. I could speak with Ulric. a warlock. His team might be a good fit for it will be expensive. Or we could wait to see who accepts it tomorrow. How much money are you putting for the expedition ?"

samduke.

your performance is taken well. was there is some cheering from the tables as others toss some coins your way. (I rolled two d10 and you got) acquiring 36 gold coins.

As you go around talking to the others a man wearing black leather armour says to you that there is something off about Beaver Vally in that the river from the east has a waterfall so there is the north and sides with the river being the divide between the two halves but there is a hill in the north area that if you use detect magic you can see the flow of magic in the area but there is a void. might be an area of strong magic.

As another adventure tell you a story about an incident 10 years ago. About a group of four junior members that went to dig it up. After two weeks and no word others were sent to investing only there the camp was found in the area.
    After getting the information, while waiting on the others George mentally relays the information.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Zeno

Zeno relays to her companions the fact that the woman shows no flicker of having been contacted by another entity. She turns to smile at Togo.

"It's true. We hadn't fully considered the logistics of such an operation. You know, we haven't set a fee yet. We should go and discuss this, and get back to you once we've got a fee set. You've been very, very helpful. Thank you for your time."

Unless Togo has any further questions of the woman, Zeno follows him out of the office, and circles around to enjoy George working the crowd. This was a side to the gnome that they hadn't really had a chance to appreciate yet.

*Bravo, sir. I'll go wait outside. Join when you're finished here, and we'll discuss next steps.*

With a mental note, Malleus opens the front door for her and Zeno heads back out into the sunshine.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Tolo tilts his head. So there are independents, and there those who work through the guild? Hm. How many teams, or how many adventurers, would have the experience to take on a task like this? You doubtless know the Valley better than I. Are there many qualified people? And do we pay just for the job, or for certain qualifications?

He gives a light chuckle.

I must admit, I hadn't thought about how much we would have to pay people to go on a treasure hunting expedition. As a solider we were paid a small daily allowance and expected to profit on loot and plunder. But I suppose putting together an expedition that might take more than a week would involve a fair amount of up-front expenses.

He pauses.

I assume all the teams, including the independents, work on a similar basis?

Oh, and that reminds me. Do your members also work on a bounty basis? So much for each dangerous monster killed in a particular area? That kind of thing?
    Last edited by Togo; 2021-05-14 at 03:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179

WolfInSheepsClothing

the elf looks at you as she gusts her glasses and says "There is a large difference between soldiers that the league lord supplies everything from equipment and their necessaries. to professional adventures that only get paid for securely completing their missions. The adventures have to go and review the mission itself as well as time supplies. As well as risks. We at the guild try to mediate the risks as much as we can. As for the independents well they ask for a little more as they do things no questions ask and they understanding there is a risk that after the task the client might try to kill them or steal from them.

As for bounty missions, Dire Beavers are well sought after due to their pelts that are both waterproof and extremely warm. But they are as dangerous as well. But it is common for low-level adventurers to home their skills hunting. Also, there are reports that they are a group of goblin wolf riders. That have recently taken up residents in that area. The Major has set a bounty for dealing with them. at 25 gold per raider. and ten for the wolves the leader is set at 30 platinum. Anything else I can assist you with." As she waits your response.

(OOC think Dire Wolverine without rage. and different skills.)

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Zeno

After Tolo finishes his conversation with the Guild representative, on their way out Zeno sends to her colleagues telepathically.

*If you spot a map on the way out, have a look at where we are relative to Beaver Valley. We'll need to decide whether to head straight there, or try to make contact with the wererats.*