New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default [DDS] Pathfinder 1e Spheres NPC Build Competition

Hello everyone! On behalf of Drop Dead Studios, I'm excited to run the first ever Spheres NPC Build contest!

We're building an NPC codex for Pathfinder 1e and want your help! This particular book is all about building nefarious villains for the trio of criminal organizations known as the Grim Triad. Much like building a character for a new game, this is an opportunity to go show off your creativity and maybe even win some prizes! Details are inside for those who wish to enter; no purchase is necessary, anyone may enter.

Link to the Contest Rules and Documents

Winners will have a chance to help design something for an upcoming handbook, as well as a print copy of the NPC Codex when it is released (if you're already getting a copy, we can send you an extra for a friend, or find something else that peaks your interest). We're excited to see the entries, and look forward to your participation.

Feel free to join the official DDS fan discord as well for a dedicated channel to interact and ask

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [DDS] Pathfinder 1e Spheres NPC Build Competition

This looks really cool, I basically sit around making Spheres characters all day anyway.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldaran View Post
    This looks really cool, I basically sit around making Spheres characters all day anyway.
    You're welcome to give it a swing then! It should hopefully just be a fun chance to make something outside of normal comfort zones and maybe win a prize.

If you have any questions, feel free to join us on Discord, but I'll be checking this thread occasionally.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Question Re: [DDS] Pathfinder 1e Spheres NPC Build Competition

Looks super neat! How do I join the discord?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    Looks super neat! How do I join the discord?
    Follow the instrucitons here. They don't give out a regular link to keep the bots from overwhelming the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

I'm pretty sure the contest period should end in 2021, unless you think we really are getting a 2020 part 2.

But I'm very interested, I've got lots of build ideas floating around I could finalize for this.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm gonna see if I can at least one entry for each category. Is there more information available for the Grim Triad itself?
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I'm pretty sure the contest period should end in 2021, unless you think we really are getting a 2020 part 2.

But I'm very interested, I've got lots of build ideas floating around I could finalize for this.
    You're right, I'm not wishing for 2021 faster than anyone else, that's been fixed in the legal portions of the document, it was correct in the preamble/non-legal half so it must've slipped unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    I'm gonna see if I can at least one entry for each category. Is there more information available for the Grim Triad itself?
    There is not; these are unique, new organizations that have had a lot of the information left open so I can actually adjust some of the lore around some of the cooler entries. It's meant to be more open ended so that you all can think of cool stuff and make them without feeling constrained.

I am happy to answer questions about them, if you have any. I am more active on the discord than here however.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Thursday Update and "Extra Organization Information"

Hope you're all doing great. This is a soft bump to my thread, but also providing some extra notes for each of the organizations if you haven't thought about what to make yet

The Cult of Kas'shan: Part of her upper circle are dream templars, highly skilled warriors who willingly enter the dream for greater power, and often come out blessed by her "scars".

The Blackthorns: Regional pockets of Blackthorn cooperants may have access to unusual items or tactics, depending on who they are or what they may have "liberated" from caravans, trains, or nearby cities. They have a lot of flexibility out of these organizations because of this.

The Rat Skull Mafia: Ratborg is my meme OC who had a heart attack eating his 6th bear claw of the day after a healthy breakfast of pizza hut bread sticks.

More seriously, their legal alcohol business funds many of their white and black market activities; classes with access to vigilante social talents or rogue talents selecting things like black market connections or anything with greater access to rumors is represented by their vast array of contacts and the trust they've gained from the urchins and slums.