Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default No Parse tags and rolling

    Is there any way currently to get a post to not execute roll tags? I am trying to help players in a campaign by pre-writing their roll script. Previously several years ago this was achieved using [no parse] tags but they don't appear to work with rolls tags any longer. I would appreciate any help.
    Characters:
    Smirk-Into the Odd

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: No Parse tags and rolling

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    Is there any way currently to get a post to not execute roll tags? I am trying to help players in a campaign by pre-writing their roll script. Previously several years ago this was achieved using [no parse] tags but they don't appear to work with rolls tags any longer. I would appreciate any help.
    I wrote the dice roller code out in a CODE block, so it wasn't parsed.
    E.g.,
    Code:
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: No Parse tags and rolling

    You can also edit in the rolls. Rolls only go through the first time a post is made, not in future edits.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: No Parse tags and rolling

    In case you don't have enough ways to do it yet, [ro[COLOR="#000000"]ll[/COLOR]]1d6[/roll] will produce [roll]1d6[/roll].

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator
     
    Rawhide's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Parse tags and rolling

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    Is there any way currently to get a post to not execute roll tags? I am trying to help players in a campaign by pre-writing their roll script. Previously several years ago this was achieved using [no parse] tags but they don't appear to work with rolls tags any longer. I would appreciate any help.
    noparse has never worked for the dice roller tags. They work differently to normal tags.

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I wrote the dice roller code out in a CODE block, so it wasn't parsed.
    E.g.,
    Code:
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    This doesn't do anything. The reason they didn't roll is because the dice roller doesn't roll in this forum, and that's just how it rolls.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    In case you don't have enough ways to do it yet, [ro[COLOR="#000000"]ll[/COLOR]]1d6[/roll] will produce [roll]1d6[/roll].
    That's one way to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    You can also edit in the rolls. Rolls only go through the first time a post is made, not in future edits.
    This is another way to do it.

    ---

    You can also use the tags in a thread that is not in a dice rolling forum, as they only get parsed in specific forums.

    "My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: No Parse tags and rolling

    Thank you everyone for your help.
    Characters:
    Smirk-Into the Odd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •