New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Finding old threads

Looking back through my subscriptions for games I ran, recruitment and OoC threads for the oldest games I was in (as in, when I first joined the forums) seem to have vanished, and links from IC threads say "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator." I'm looking for fluff and stuff I wrote for the forums but have lost elsewhere, and am wondering if there is any way to access these threads?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Finding old threads

if you started the threads in question, I'd recommend looking at either your started threads or your forum posts first.

if you didn't start the thread, try to remember a phrase or sentence you remember from the thread and type it into the Advanced Search. that should get you going. If you're unsure of the thread title, or are getting mixed results, set the search to show results as posts. "Putting a sentence in quotes" will i believe search for the entire sentence rather then the individual words.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Old threads in OOC and Recruitment will expire (be deleted). If they are older than the cut-off dates listed in the forum descriptions, they are likely gone.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    links from IC threads
    If that means you already know URLs to the threads you want, you could try feeding those URLs to archive.org.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

On the topic of threads I made, on the first page it says 75 results, but the second page says I made 48, and the 3rd page gives no results, and the OoC/recruitment threads I made are suspiciously absent, then when I go back to the first page it says there only are 48. Maybe those are the ghosts of the deleted threads?

Archive.org doesn't have them with the URL I supplied although I vaguely recall a forum update changing the way threads are titled and breaking links, IDK.

I can find OoC threads last active in 2013, and recruitment threads from 2014, but I'm looking for stuff from 2011 or 2012. Seems like they might be lost forever.

Thanks for the help nonetheless.