New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: DrK's Age of Worms OOC pt7

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfoot View Post
    Yes! Keen to pit our party against Part 7!

Elkist is feeling a little stale but I'm sure with a few tweaks to equipment & spells I can get engaged again.

Edit: I'd happily upgrade to a Circlet of Charisma +6
    Edit2: Anyone then have need of a Cloak of Charisma +4?
    Mix it up with the cha cha! Take a level or two of Dragon Shaman
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Here is the new IC thread, #4
    Subscribed.
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    history's worst MLP cosplay.
    Custom Class

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Knowledge (geography) (1d20+1)[5]
    Knowledge (history) (1d20+1)[12]
    Knowledge (religion) (1d20+5)[15]

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Beginning to think about what I might want to do when we get to 15th level. I'm thinking a level of contemplative for access to the Spell Domain (to go with my existing magic domain), as it has some nice spells. It is another dip though.

For a feat I'm thinking Divine Defiance, which would allow me to use turn attempts to use dispel magic as an immediate action - by FAR the best way of counterspelling.

Edit:
    I've been recapping on IC Thread 3 (mostly looking for pt7 SoLS loot, but started at the beginning). It's taken me 6 hours to get half way through so far!
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2021-01-06 at 01:20 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Beginning to think about what I might want to do when we get to 15th level. I'm thinking a level of contemplative for access to the Spell Domain (to go with my existing magic domain), as it has some nice spells. It is another dip though.

For a feat I'm thinking Divine Defiance, which would allow me to use turn attempts to use dispel magic as an immediate action - by FAR the best way of counterspelling.

Edit:
    I've been recapping on IC Thread 3 (mostly looking for pt7 SoLS loot, but started at the beginning). It's taken me 6 hours to get half way through so far!
    Well you've arrived at Level 15 now! Well done. Its one of the longest runs games I've DMed in terms of levels, only DM from level 1 to > 15 once before! Ran other high level games but alwasy started higher.

You've been really busy. It'll take a while to recap Part 5,6 and 7! But I'll chip away at the weekend. Just to help me remember as well.

As we seem to have lost Goat/Fellhammer is Talsien/Stegyre still lurking as would be a natural point to reintro him if he's still interested
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Woohoo! Level 15!

Rolling Contemplative 1: (1d6)[3]+1

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

As we seem to have lost Goat/Fellhammer is Talsien/Stegyre still lurking as would be a natural point to reintro him if he's still interested
    Still lurking, like something large and hairy hidden in the shadows. You don’t lose me that easily.
    Custom Class

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Do you feel up to joining in again?

9. - Top - End - #159

We certainly are up to welcome you.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

10. - Top - End - #160

Well I am all out of Anima Mage levels. Should I go wizzy, PrC or a heady second level of binder?

(1d4-1)[3] HP - Frail

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Do you feel up to joining in again?
    Most definitely.

We certainly are up to welcome you.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Stegyre; 2021-01-07 at 12:14 AM.
    Custom Class

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

A) I hope Fel is okay!
    B) I hope those abroad are doing alright in the face of mutates strains and lockdowns
    C) For those in the US, ugh ... this too should pass, but damn!
    D) STEG! Bring it on, my friend! I’m ready for Tal, the morphing Halfling steed!
    E) 15? Yeesh, that’s a ... um ... another level of ranger. Woot.
    HP - (1d8)[5]
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

I've expanded the summary of Part 5:

Chapter 5. The Champion's Belt

In the aftermath of their victory against the mindflayer the party are hollow after the death of the bard and leaving of both Claire and Halsephus. Although Goat is inspired by news of the upcoming Champion's Games at the Grand Arena where a Lord Raknian invites him to compete. Fate judges that a good idea as Eligos the Sage invites the party to see him. The days exploring Greyhawk are good for most even as Mirriana struggles with her loss. Goat focuses on the excitement of the games even seeing the trio of adventurers - Auric, Khellek and Tianna that they first saw weeks before in Diamond Lake exploring Cairns, but legendary as The Leatherworks" and the previous arena champions. In a quiet Temple Mirriana also meets a mysterious women named Celeste that piques her interest. Later that evening at Eligos's house they meet the mysterious Celeste again and the sage explains his fears about the artefacts they had brought to the city. The worm a "kyuss" worm and his worries that if the Ebon Triad is on the move and allied with the minor cult of Kyuss that something dark could be afoot. Particularly with "Lord R" acquiring a copy of the diabolical Apostolic Scrolls! The sage has discovered much and explains that Raknian was once a champion now fallen from favour but runs the game. Aquaintances such as Theldrik and Garras (the Priests of Hextor under the Diamond Lake mines) suggests a dark heart and the scrolls could allow one to summon a creature of evil and drown the Free City in undead and death. At this point Eligos asks the party if they could enter the games to try and find the scroll and stop Raknian plans, and the party agrees; both in order to foil whatever Raknian, and as a bonding activity after the strains of the previous adventures. Celeste ushers in two other guests. One, Ekaym Smalloak is to be a guide and manager through the games and their ceremonies, and has a personal stake as he suspects Raknian in the disappearance of his sister Lahaka. The other is Zarina, a warrior woman skilled with both spell and blade, and mutual friend of Celeste and Marzena come to aid the party in their quests! The party decide to call themselves The Owlbears for their entry into the games, after Taliesn’s rescued cub.

In the events leading up to the games, the party relaxes, Taliesn smartens up, Goattracker procures blue and gold tabards for the team, Merrick researches, Lan keeps to himself, Zarina duels on an even footing with Mirriana, and Mirriana cautiously starts a relationship with Celeste. At the feast before the games the party are also introduced to Raknian and his cruel and brutal head of security, Okoral, before being sequestered in the Coenby beneath the arena (all the better to investigate the catacombs where Raknian must be conducting his schemes!).

On the first day the party are pitched into a four-way elimination match, overcoming a disgruntled druid, a ruthless horselord's warband, and a team of elven royalty! In the aftermath Mirriana offered to raise one of the fallen princesses killed by the other teams, as they were friends of Celeste. With their resources expended the party decided to wait until the night of the second day to go exploring, battling their way though ghouls in the catacombs to quickly discover spawn of kyuss, confirming their suspicions! Running a gauntlet of undead the party eventually found their way to the centre of Raknian’s plot in a chamber where the cleric Bozal was incubating a humungous Ulgurstata Kyuss Worm to unleash on the final of the games! Although successful in driving off Bozal, with depleted resources and faced by a deadly Alkilith demon, the party too are forced to retreat without being able to stop the plot. After recuperating and relaying their findings to Eligos and Celeste, the party face ruthless dwarven killers Pitch Blade on the third day of the games. After a short and brutal battle the dwarves are left for dead, enraging Raknian and Okoral to whom they were plainly connected, but leaving the party once again too depleted to venture into the catacombs again, though Lan’s true sight does identify a demon at the right hand of Raknian’s honoured guest Prince Zeech, and that Celeste is in fact an angel in mortal form!

On the fourth day there is scandal, as The Owlbears not paired against one of the remaining teams, but are instead drawn in the monster exhibition match, a privilege normally reserved for the reigning champions! Despite being faced off against a particularly dangerous frogehemoth and Raknian manipulating the start time to deplete the party’s most effective spells, the frog monster is quickly slain, much to Raknian’s fury! After the match the party confides their concerns in their fellow finalists, forewarning them about the giant worm. In return reigning champions Auric and Khellek of The Leatherworks agree to cover for the party’s absence whilst they delve in the catacombs again, and to fight non-lethally in the final.

Quickly reaching Bozal’s chamber, this time the evil cleric is swiftly defeated, the alkilith demon destroyed, and team manager Ekaym’s sister is discovered, turned into a grotesque taxidermy with Raknian’s signet ring still clearly imprinted on her neck. Unfortunately Bozal’s ritual is self-sustaining, powered by an Apostolic scroll, a beam of energy connecting the scroll to the cocoon in which the Ulgurstata is gestating. Deciphering the scroll, Mirriana learns the full extent of the heinous plot! In exchange for feeding the Ulgurstata a powerful individual, the ulgurstata would grant its benefactor immortality and unleash a wind of undeath across the city that would turn the population into spawn of Kyuss! After a brief debate about whether it would be better to attempt to destroy the worm now, attempt to evacuate the city, or face it at a time of Raknian’s choosing, the party decide to destroy it now. On the second attempt Mirriana is successful in dispelling the scroll and unleashing the Ulgurstata! In the confines of the chamber the fight is brutal, but Goattracker and Lan are successful in slaying it after Mirriana binds the goliath’s soul to his battered body to prevent it departing and his extraordinary fortitude keeps him moving! Mightily relieved, the party returns to the arena undercroft to recuperate and anticipate Raknian’s disappointment after the final.

On the final day of the games, The Owlbears face off against The Leatherworks in the final. Before the match Taliesn telepathically communicates the party’s success to Eligos, and Lahaka’s fate to Ekaym. Overcome by rage at Raknian, Ekaym gets himself ejected from the VIP box. The match starts with Mirriana anticipating and countering Khellek’s long-range attack. Goattracker engages Khellek’s golems, whilst the others fight Auric – magically enlarged to over 15ft tall! In the middle of the match Raknian has his men uncover the shaft to the Ulgurstata’s chamber, revealing his perfidy to all:

"LO! The Apostle of Kyuss will soon be among us. It will devour your Champions and a plague of Kyuss will bring darkness across this land!!"

In the arena The Owlbears and The Leatherworks share a moment of amusement at Raknian’s confusion, as both teams know the threat has already been dealt with. But then the fight continues. Auric manages to subdue Taliesn with the flat of his blade, whilst Goattracker smashes Khellec’s golems to bits. Finally, Zarina and Lan manage to stun the 15ft Auric, and with his gigantic friend and his golems fallen Khellek realises the match is up and yields. The Owlbears are the champions! Immediately Mirriana attempts to level charges against Raknian, but in the thunder of the crowd her words are not heard and during the prizegiving Raknian manages to slip away unnoticed. During the ceremony Ekaym thanks the party for finding his sister and allowing him to lay them to rest, though he now has to travel to Radigast City to inform his parents of her fate. Strangely, Eligos and Celeste are nowhere to be found.

Making their way back to the inn for the first time in five days, the party becomes aware of a commotion, and smoke rising. Eligos’ house is abalaze! Hurrying as fast as they can, the party make their way to the scene. With Merrick abjuring them against fire, Mirriana breaks down the door in a panic whilst Lan and Taliesn make their way up to the second floor windows. Passing the bodies of assassins on the stairs, Mirriana Lan and Tal come to Eligo’s study at about the same time, finding Okoral and one of his minions stood over the body of Eligos (which is missing a hand) and holding a blood-spattered silk dress. Full of rage, the three heroes tear Okoral apart and subdue his minion, rescuing Eligos’ body and his bag from the flames but finding no trace of Celeste before the house collapses behind them.

In a grim mood, the party drag Okoral, his still-living minion, and Eligos back to the inn. Looking through Eligos’ bag, Zarina finds a letter addressed to the heroes’ mentor Allustan in Diamond Lake:

"My dear friend Allustan. What your adventurers have stumbled on sickens and terrifies me. You and Marzena were right to send these to me, and, I think you would be proud of your motley band. They have acquitted themselves well. That will be crucial in the coming months I think.

The worm, the talisman and the return of the spawn and the spread of the cult it all feels wrong. Every secret I reveal turns darker and sickens me further as I feel we are on the verge of something truly awful. I think we both fear the same thing that he has found a way free of his prison. If that happens then all are at risk. My notes are here, please read and see if you agree. If we are both in agreement, we can take them to our Master, though even he may ill-equipped to deal with this and what writhes in our futures. I have asked Celeste to investigate the la…"

Only parts 6 and 7 to go then! But this was a very complicated adventure with a lot of important plot points. I can imagine 6 and 7 are easier to write up.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2021-01-08 at 11:13 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Player Character Race Class XP Init HPs AC (base) FF, Touch Saves (base) Perception
    RCGothic Mirrianna Human Cleric/ Crusader/Ruby Knight Mystara TBD +5 ~78 26 FF 25 T 16 +9/4/11 +4
    Redzimmer Merrick Human wizard/binder/anima mage TBD +1 ~33 19 FF 18 T 12 +7/9/11 +2
    Starbin Landhal Tundra Halving Scout/shooting star ranger TBD +5 78 20 FF 20 T 15 +10/13/7 +16
    DrK Zarina Human melee/wizard/gish TBD +2 94 19 FF 17 T 12 +10/9/7 -2
    Ghoostfot Elkist Talphrin Half Drow Paladin / Spirit shaman TBD +2 22 22 FF 22 T 10 +15/11/14 +9
    Updated table entry for Mirriana:
    Player Character Race Class Init HPs AC (base) FF, Touch Saves (base) Perception
    RCgothic Mirriana Human Cleric3/Church Inquisitor3/Divine Oracle2/Divine Disciple5/Crusader 1/Contemplative1 +3 118 32+ FF 29+ T 21+ +11/7/19 +6
    Not counting magical enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by Stegyre View Post
    Most definitely.
    Awesome! I wonder what Tal has been up to to keep up with the party, and how Zyxorg is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    A) I hope Fel is okay!
    B) I hope those abroad are doing alright in the face of mutates strains and lockdowns
    D) STEG! Bring it on, my friend! I’m ready for Tal, the morphing Halfling steed!
    [roll0]
    A) I hope so too, you never know what's happened to someone when they drop out these days.
    B) UK govt is useless. And that's all I have to say about that.
    C) Inauguration day can't come soon enough. And that's all I have to say about that.
    D) Hehe, anything to make Lan happy for a change.
    E) That's Ranger 11, right? And Scout/Ranger15? Looks pretty sweet! 3rd level ranger spells, bonus shooting star ranger spell, +1 skirmish AC, + favoured enemy, +1 BaB, + Combat Mastery. That's not a bad haul of features!
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2021-01-08 at 07:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you!

Thats immense. Cheers very much RCGothic, much appreciated.
    Also rolling my jade pheonix mage hit dice (1d6)[4]
    - But of a dull Level for Zarina, hits level 12 spell casting and a single maneuvre swap, plus 2 additional spells.

Now... the big question. Who wins the Quicken rod

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    A) I hope Fel is okay!
    [roll0]
    Well...

A/ Yes, he's vanished a bit so I hope all is good
    B/ Yeah, back to homeschooling the kids. I'm now convinced I am not a born teacher. But vaccines are on the way (including the one we are contracted to make! - so it'll be a busy few months)
    C/ Wow, exciting evenings for you guys. Still... 13 more days
    D/ Welcome back. Do you have an updated sheet? Level 15 exciting times!
    E/ A feat! I have no idea what feat for Zarina.

17. - Top - End - #167

Guess I'll add Wizard level. Need them extra Level 7s.

18. - Top - End - #168

Elkist, you already have a +4 CHA bonus item, which slot does it take?

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Now... the big question. Who wins the Quicken rod
    Thinking it through between the three most magical of us:

Mirriana has the joint highest caster level and the most spells. She needs quicken because she is frequently in combat and needs it so she can cast and attack in one round. Cleric spells may tend to lean defensive, but Mirriana has plenty that aren't, with many domains and anyspell. But she has other uses for her swift and immediate actions, so will frequently be unable to use it.

Merrick has the joint highest caster level and next most spells. Quicken nearly doubles his spell output. Wizard Spells can pack quite a punch. He already has a way to cast quickened spells, though not to as high a level or as often.

Zarina doesn't have quite the same caster level and so fewer spells available, but she can still get up to level 6. Her current spell selection leans a little more offensive than Merrick. She also gets stuck in in close combat, so a way to cast up to 6th level spells whilst still attacking is great.

Much as I want the rod for Mirriana, I think I probably don't have as strong a claim on it as the other two.

20. - Top - End - #170

Much as I want the rod for Mirriana, I think I probably don't have as strong a claim on it as the other two.
    I humbly disagree, it seems your spells are the most often of the "You Should Not Die" variety and thus most imperative.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Well I am all out of Anima Mage levels. Should I go wizzy, PrC or a heady second level of binder?

[roll0] HP - Frail
    Your primary power is spellcasting. Never drop spell levels. Binder doesn't give you spell levels. So Wizard is preferable. But beyond familiar advancement and bonus feats, wizard doesn't give much. Prestige Class are preferable if you can.

Alienist looks *very* thematic, but you wouldn't qualify until next level unless you retrain a feat. It gives pseudonatural template to your summons, advances familiar, gives bonus metamagic feats, and a bonus to saves, plus full casting. It's also a bit mad, which fits Merrick well. You can already summon pseudonatural creatures, bit this would allow you to do it with spell slots as well (more summons).

I think I'd drop Energised Spell for Augment Summoning to enter Alienist now, then pick up Energised Spell again when it comes up as a bonus feat. Or take it as your lvl 15 feat.

I humbly disagree, it seems your spells are the most often of the "You Should Not Die" variety and thus most imperative.
    If DrK agrees, fair enough.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2021-01-07 at 05:11 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Your primary power is spellcasting. Never drop spell levels. Binder doesn't give you spell levels. So Wizard is preferable. But beyond familiar advancement and bonus feats, wizard doesn't give much. Prestige Class are preferable if you can.

Alienist looks *very* thematic, but you wouldn't qualify until next level unless you retrain a feat. It gives pseudonatural template to your summons, advances familiar, gives bonus metamagic feats, and a bonus to saves, plus full casting. It's also a bit mad, which fits Merrick well. You can already summon pseudonatural creatures, bit this would allow you to do it with spell slots as well (more summons).

I think I'd drop Energised Spell for Augment Summoning to enter Alienist now, then pick up Energised Spell again when it comes up as a bonus feat.

If DrK agrees, fair enough.
    I'd agree that alienist seems like a good fit for the Madness of Merrick! Also caster levels are king! I know Zarina has lost 3 but she is gish and is mostly melee so its not the same.

As for the Rod, Zarina as a DM-PC should be at the bottom of the pecking order anyway so I wouldn't worry about her

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

E/ A feat! I have no idea what feat for Zarina.
    A few suggestions:

You've lost 3 spell levels (warblade, fighter, JPM), so practiced spellcaster would give a fair bit of extra spell power.

Vital recovery - 1/encounter heal 3+character level when you recover a manoeuvre.

Dragon Cohort - like leadership, but with a dragon.

Martial Study never hurts. Neither does Improved Toughness or Improved Initiative.

24. - Top - End - #174

Guess I'll take an Augment Summoning feat!

Let's see what my alien art hath wrought.

L1: Familiar abilities, summon alien. Well Zrcyll already gives me the Summon Alien but at least that means we don't always have to be bound.

Would a generous DM allow Merrick to unlearn spells to replace with Summon Monsters? Some of these I may never use anyway.

Spoiler: Current Spellbook (Collegiate Wizard For Wins)
    Show

Spellbook:
    0- All
    1- Lesser Orb of Sound, Lesser Orb of Electricity, Shield, Charm Person, Protection From Evil, Ray of Flame, Wall of Smoke, Magic Missile, Color Spray, Sticky Floor, Feather Fall
    2- Protection From Arrows, Resist Energy, Web, Invisibility, Knock, Spider Climb, Gust of Wind, Baleful Transposition
    3- Heroism, Halt Undead, Prismatic Mist, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Greater Mage Armor, Haste, Hold Person, Fireball, Greater Mighty Wallop, Mass Snakes Swiftness, Protection From Energy, Evard's Menacing Tentacles, Fly, Displacement, Dispel Magic
    4-Charm Monster, Enervation, Dimension Door, Mass Resist Energy, Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, Evard's Black Tentacles, Greater Invisibility, Stoneskin, Perfect Summons
    5-Dismissal, Break Enchantment, Teleport, Overland Flight, Hold Monster, Wall of Stone, Shadow Evocation, Dispelling Breath, Contact Other Plane, Mass Fly, Wall of Force
    6- Ruby Ray of Reversal, Circle of Death, Chain Lightning, Lesser Dragonshape, Disintegrate, Greater Dispel, Aura of Evasion, True Seeing, Mass Fire Shield
    7-Prismatic Spray, Forcecage, Banishment, Control Undead,

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Practiced Spellcaster is a good shout. Was actually thinking Combat reflexes to open up Robilars gambit via heroics spell to generate more AoO per round.
    Her AC and ablative hps van help mitigate any hits.

@RCgothic_ on your sheet I noted sn empower (lesser) rod? Does Mirriana use that much or would Zarina be able to get that as it's perfect for things like Fire balls and scorching rays

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

L1: Familiar abilities, summon alien. Well Zrcyll already gives me the Summon Alien but at least that means we don't always have to be bound.

Would a generous DM allow Merrick to unlearn spells to replace with Summon Monsters? Some of these I may never use anyway.

Show

Spellbook:
    0- All
    1- Lesser Orb of Sound, Lesser Orb of Electricity, Shield, Charm Person, Protection From Evil, Ray of Flame, Wall of Smoke, Magic Missile, Color Spray, Sticky Floor, Feather Fall
    2- Protection From Arrows, Resist Energy, Web, Invisibility, Knock, Spider Climb, Gust of Wind, Baleful Transposition
    3- Heroism, Halt Undead, Prismatic Mist, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Greater Mage Armor, Haste, Hold Person, Fireball, Greater Mighty Wallop, Mass Snakes Swiftness, Protection From Energy, Evard's Menacing Tentacles, Fly, Displacement, Dispel Magic
    4-Charm Monster, Enervation, Dimension Door, Mass Resist Energy, Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, Evard's Black Tentacles, Greater Invisibility, Stoneskin, Perfect Summons
    5-Dismissal, Break Enchantment, Teleport, Overland Flight, Hold Monster, Wall of Stone, Shadow Evocation, Dispelling Breath, Contact Other Plane, Mass Fly, Wall of Force
    6- Ruby Ray of Reversal, Circle of Death, Chain Lightning, Lesser Dragonshape, Disintegrate, Greater Dispel, Aura of Evasion, True Seeing, Mass Fire Shield
    Yes some spell rejiggling would be fine

27. - Top - End - #177

Merry Merrickmas to all!

Lost and replaced with level-relevant Summon Monster:

1- Sticky Floor
    2- Baleful Transposition
    3- Prismatic Mist
    4-Enervation
    5-Dispelling Breath
    6- Ruby Ray of Reversal
    7- Forcecage

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Practiced Spellcaster is a good shout. Was actually thinking Combat reflexes to open up Robilars gambit via heroics spell to generate more AoO per round.
    Her AC and ablative hps van help mitigate any hits.

@RCgothic_ on your sheet I noted sn empower (lesser) rod? Does Mirriana use that much or would Zarina be able to get that as it's perfect for things like Fire balls and scorching rays
    Combat reflexes for Robilars is also a good shout.

Mirriana doesn't use the empower rod much, so I'll be happy to trade it for a rod of quicken!

Show

Spellbook:
    0- All
    Yes Zceryll gives you summon pseudonatural creatures, but only once every five turns - with Alienist you can do it as often as you have spells.

I think the only other overlapping ability is the capstone at level 10, but I doubt we have enough levels remaining to get that far into epic so I wouldn't worry about it.

Merry Merrickmas to all!

Lost and replaced with level-relevant Summon Monster:

1- Sticky Floor
    2- Baleful Transposition
    3- Prismatic Mist
    4-Enervation
    5-Dispelling Breath
    6- Ruby Ray of Reversal
    7- Forcecage
    Now that I have anyspell I may occasionally wish to borrow your and Zarina's spellbooks.

29. - Top - End - #179

Now that I have anyspell I may occasionally wish to borrow your and Zarina's spellbooks.
    Merrick's always wanted an apprentice!

After a divvying, how much GP do we have? I may want to do some downtime crafting since the vestige is willing.
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2021-01-07 at 07:56 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

That's Ranger 11, right? And Scout/Ranger15? Looks pretty sweet! 3rd level ranger spells, bonus shooting star ranger spell, +1 skirmish AC, + favoured enemy, +1 BaB, + Combat Mastery. That's not a bad haul of features!
    I’m not that kind of Ranger I’m a Mystic Ranger, so Combat Mastery isn’t until 12th and I don’t get a 4th FE until level 20.

Now as I look at it, there are some naturally efficient breaks ... odd levels for Rangers works. That leaves me with either needing a 5th level of scout or slipping a level (or 2?) of Swordsage.

Taking a level of scout now gains me the same skirmish bonus and Imp evasion and a couple extra skill points. But I think I lose out on a Fort bonus and BAB ... maybe not a big deal if Igo with a fifth level of Scout at some later point; just depends on when I want to do it.

Lots of goodies with ToB, but most of the maneuvers improve melee, so I would need to be careful with my selections. I get bonus to Init and ‘free’ weapon focus, but I’ll lose out on max Skirmish/favored enemy bonuses.

I guess Cleric dip is always an option too ...

Thoughts?
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y