New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Mandalorian Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

So I assumed when Ahsoka said that she didn't send them there because of a seeing stone (on a world she knew as the birthplace of the Jedi Order), but because she knows there's a Jedi there already!

Who would hide on a world that has birthed and seen the death of god knows how many force users that kind of force nexus would be powerful enough to hide an elderly Jedi Master now wouldn't it?!
    Is this part of the NuCanon too?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Now that would be a good reveal.
    I'm NOT going to criticise that after all
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rian's recent tweet demonstrates he still doesn't get it.
    Has he ever understand anything?

Spoiler
    Show

But I hope they don't continue leaving the explanations for after the episode like the Magistrate being Dathomiran for example!
    Spoiler: The Magistrate
    Show
    Wait, you think she's related to the Night Sisters?

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Wanna know how I know you never played KOTOR and KOTOR II?
    Please, put this in heavy spoilers if you do so. I'm still looking for a way to make it work on Windows 10.
    Que tous les anciens dieux et les nouveaux protègent la France.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Louis XIII in The Musketeers
    Common sense is for commoners, not for [ PC ].

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Petrocorus View Post
    Please, put this in heavy spoilers if you do so. I'm still looking for a way to make it work on Windows 10.
    It's not ideal, but there are mobile versions of the game as well. They play fine there on touchscreen (the turret sections are a pain though), if you can connect a bluetooth controller they play even better.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Petrocorus View Post
    Has he ever understand anything?
    If you haven't seen Knives Out, I wholly recommend it.

Also,is KOTOR available on Steam in France? That should be the easiest way to play it if so.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Also,is KOTOR available on Steam in France? That should be the easiest way to play it if so.
    8€15 for each game.

Edit: hmmm, I never did play the original...
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2020-12-03 at 01:30 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    8€15 for each game.

Edit: hmmm, I never did play the original...
    Sequel had slightly more polished and refined game play, original had by far the better story.

Sequel also did the companion mechanics better.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-12-03 at 01:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

Sequel had slightly more polished and refined game play, original had by far the better story.

Sequel also did the companion mechanics better.
    I think* the sequel would have had the better story. If it had been finished!

*Based on second-hand knowledge of the original.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2020-12-03 at 01:53 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    I think* the sequel would have had the better story. If it had been finished!

*Based on second-hand knowledge of the original.
    Im of the opinion it would have been a great story if it had been finished, but not sure it would top the first. Regardless, I love both.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

I did see Knives Out and actually enjoy it. RJ did a good job with it.
    But i meant in the context of SW. Does he understand anything about SW or even remotely about why fans are angry at him?

I actually purchased both games on Steam years ago. It worked correctly (at minimum setting and with some crashes) on Windows 8. I had finish the first planet (can't remember the name), Dantooine and Tatooine.
    But then my PC broke and i bought a Windows 10 PC with better hardware. I started the game over, it worked correctly on the first planet but in Dantooine it basically crashes every 2 minutes. I believe there is an incompatibility in the graphics pilots that trigger when the character is in exteriors.

I even bought it again on Good Old Games, because they states it works on W10, but the results were the exact same.

I though about installing a virtual machine with Windows XP to try over, but since i'm not sure how to do this and playing video games is really not my priority by now, i still haven't done this.

I sadly spoiled myself about the Big Reveal while looking for clues about the Tatooine stuff, but nothing else about it.
    Last edited by Petrocorus; 2020-12-03 at 03:18 PM.
    Que tous les anciens dieux et les nouveaux protègent la France.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Louis XIII in The Musketeers
    Common sense is for commoners, not for [ PC ].

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

Wanna know how I know you never played KOTOR and KOTOR II?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Public sentiment in both games is actually quite clear on the difference between the Jedi and the Sith. While many planets play nice with both sides because they lack the power to directly oppose the Sith Empires and are too distant from the Core for the Republic to protect them, sympathies are generally clear. Manaan, for instance, is sticking to neutrality officially, but actually likes the Jedi a lot better than the Sith. Yes rapacious capitalists (Czerka) or honorless fringe elements (Hutts, the Neocrusaders) are happy to take money from both sides but insofar as a galactic public exists, it does recognize the difference between the Jedi and Sith in significant ways. They may not especially like the Jedi Order, but that's a far cry from the Sith they fear and hate.

In the Outer Rim the power of the central government is weak to nonexistent. This is a major through line of Star Wars as a franchise. This disconnect grows over time until the something happens - sometimes it Sith, sometimes it Mandos, sometimes its someone else - that sparks a war between the Core and the Rim, the Core eventually wins due to vastly superior economic might, and the boundaries of 'civilization' are pushed back further towards the edge of the galactic disk. One of the realities imposed on the post-Imperial period by the structure of the ST is that the New Republic failed to capitalize on its victory over the Empire and rather than ushering in the typical period of renewal following a major Core-based victory, allowed the Rim to slide back into lawlessness almost immediately (KOTOR II is also kind of about this, but subsequent releases made it into simple a middle phase in a much larger conflict). The is a major backdrop to the Mandalorian as a series.
    Last edited by Mechalich; 2020-12-03 at 08:53 PM.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

10. - Top - End - #460

Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Public sentiment in both games is actually quite clear on the difference between the Jedi and the Sith. While many planets play nice with both sides because they lack the power to directly oppose the Sith Empires and are too distant from the Core for the Republic to protect them, sympathies are generally clear. Manaan, for instance, is sticking to neutrality officially, but actually likes the Jedi a lot better than the Sith. Yes rapacious capitalists (Czerka) or honorless fringe elements (Hutts, the Neocrusaders) are happy to take money from both sides but insofar as a galactic public exists, it does recognize the difference between the Jedi and Sith in significant ways. They may not especially like the Jedi Order, but that's a far cry from the Sith they fear and hate.

In the Outer Rim the power of the central government is weak to nonexistent. This is a major through line of Star Wars as a franchise. This disconnect grows over time until the something happens - sometimes it Sith, sometimes it Mandos, sometimes its someone else - that sparks a war between the Core and the Rim, the Core eventually wins due to vastly superior economic might, and the boundaries of 'civilization' are pushed back further towards the edge of the galactic disk. One of the realities imposed on the post-Imperial period by the structure of the ST is that the New Republic failed to capitalize on its victory over the Empire and rather than ushering in the typical period of renewal following a major Core-based victory, allowed the Rim to slide back into lawlessness almost immediately (KOTOR II is also kind of about this, but subsequent releases made it into simple a middle phase in a much larger conflict). The is a major backdrop to the Mandalorian as a series.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Public sentiment is quite clear on Republic vs Sith Empire. As far as Jedi and Sith are concerned, most people don't see much difference - there are good Jedi and bad Jedi and the Jedi fight amongst themselves. Heck, in the sequel, the events of the first game are even called the "Jedi Civil War" - not something you would expect from people who are quite clear on the difference between Jedi and Sith. In fact, you would expect that if they were remarkably unclear on the difference. Which, as several people in both games comment, they were.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-12-03 at 09:27 PM.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Public sentiment is quite clear on Republic vs Sith Empire. As far as Jedi and Sith are concerned, most people don't see much difference - there are good Jedi and bad Jedi and the Jedi fight amongst themselves. Heck, in the sequel, the events of the first game are even called the "Jedi Civil War" - not something you would expect from people who are quite clear on the difference between Jedi and Sith. In fact, you would expect that if they were remarkably unclear on the difference. Which, as several people in both games comment, they were.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The biggest issue comes down to the overall rarity of both Sith and Jedi. Even at their peak the Jedi numbered in the tens of thousands, which sounds like a lot....but is in reality almost nothing on a galactic scale. The same is true of the Sith, even when Sith numbered in the many thousands, ranging from lowly acolytes and apprentices to Dark Council members, they make up such a tiny fraction of The Sith Empire as to be nearly non-existent. Unless one particular Sith shows up, genocides a planet, and then broadcasts their name all over the galaxy about it (which some did), their comings and goings are still largely unknown to the wider galaxy. And frankly, considering what a lot of them were doing, they liked it that way.

To top it off, the Sith benefit from the lack of clarity on the issue of the wider galaxy, and the Jedi really didn't have the numbers (or really the interest even) to effectively challenge the general perception that the Sith were by-and-large, jerk Jedi with a thing for red and black.

Most viewers simply forget that even though our main characters are Jedi or Sith....the average Joe in the Star Wars galaxy has never heard of these people, much less seen them in action, even at their peak!
    Knowledge brings the sting of disillusionment, but the pain teaches perspective.
    "You know it's all fake right?"
    "...yeah, but it makes me feel better."

12. - Top - End - #462

Quote Originally Posted by False God View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The biggest issue comes down to the overall rarity of both Sith and Jedi. Even at their peak the Jedi numbered in the tens of thousands, which sounds like a lot....but is in reality almost nothing on a galactic scale. The same is true of the Sith, even when Sith numbered in the many thousands, ranging from lowly acolytes and apprentices to Dark Council members, they make up such a tiny fraction of The Sith Empire as to be nearly non-existent. Unless one particular Sith shows up, genocides a planet, and then broadcasts their name all over the galaxy about it (which some did), their comings and goings are still largely unknown to the wider galaxy. And frankly, considering what a lot of them were doing, they liked it that way.

To top it off, the Sith benefit from the lack of clarity on the issue of the wider galaxy, and the Jedi really didn't have the numbers (or really the interest even) to effectively challenge the general perception that the Sith were by-and-large, jerk Jedi with a thing for red and black.

Most viewers simply forget that even though our main characters are Jedi or Sith....the average Joe in the Star Wars galaxy has never heard of these people, much less seen them in action, even at their peak!
    I pretty much agree with all of that.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: New Episode
    Show

So where last week there was a lot that I felt I should like but I (kindof) didn't, this week I felt there was a lot I shouldn't like but I (kindof) did.

Boba Fett is a good guy - who will order his companions so shoot innocent children - which feels somewhat wierd, also I am unsure why if he was on Tatooine for years why didn't he get his own armour back, but meh I will over look it.

So whatever the Dark Troopers are (droids?) they don't need the child for that project seemingly, so are collecting him for something else - transfering force powers still seems likely to me but guess will have to wait and see.

I don't know why they need an ex-Imperial Sharpshooter to tell them where Gideon is (or how he would be expected to know), but I will overlook they have taken some pains to show that Imperials will kill themselves before talking so finding an active one to talk might be a chore so finding someone who knows the empire and isn't loyal to them might be a benefit - still seems odd.

I did think that the Mandalorian should have either been engaged in the fight earlier or alternatively should have returned to the kid when the forcefield beam when down - joining the fight just as the beam went down however was an off choice.

Gideon taunting The Child seemed an odd character choice for him.

So overall a lot of oddness but I am inclined to overlook most of it.

14. - Top - End - #464

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Show

Boba Fett is a good guy - who will order his companions so shoot innocent children

I don't know why they need an ex-Imperial Sharpshooter to tell them where Gideon is
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those are some interesting assumptions.

A.) Why do you think Boba Fett is a good guy?

2.) Why do you think they need Mayfield to find Gideon?

On the first, he's clearly not, and never has been. The fact that he's willing to honor a deal has no bearing on whether he's a good guy or not.

On the second, I assumed the Mando wants him for his skills and knowledge of Imperial procedures, possibly codes, maybe infiltration help, but certainly not finding Gideon. After all, Mayfield was ambivalent towards capturing Mando on the prison ship and only cared whether he was being hunted.

Anyway. Once the Impartially showed up, I assumed they would get the Child. Losing the Razor Crest was a punch to the gut though. I liked that ship.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Those are some interesting assumptions.

A.) Why do you think Boba Fett is a good guy?
    Spoiler
    Show

This is a man who showed up to get what was his - by the end the Mandalorian fully agreed it was his by right and that he had met his commitment relating to defending The Child - but the guy then went above and beyond that to decide to take on The Empire to honour an argeement that not only went beyond what The Mandalorian expected but was entirely based on the retrieval of his own property.

Essentially the overall feeling of the episode for me was Boba Fett is an honourable decent guy, which doesn't sit well with the initial view of threatening The Child.

Spoiler
    Show
    2.) Why do you think they need Mayfield to find Gideon?
    I assumed the Mando wants him for his skills and knowledge of Imperial procedures, possibly codes, maybe infiltration help, but certainly not finding Gideon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    When he said "I need to spring him to help me locate Moff Gideon's light cruiser" I figured he wanted his help locating Gideon's light cruiser which I took to also mean finding Gideon and ultimately The Child.

16. - Top - End - #466

Spoiler
    Show

This is a man who showed up to get what was his - by the end the Mandalorian fully agreed it was his by right and that he had met his commitment relating to defending The Child - but the guy then went above and beyond that to decide to take on The Empire to honour an argeement that not only went beyond what The Mandalorian expected but was entirely based on the retrieval of his own property.

Essentially the overall feeling of the episode for me was Boba Fett is an honourable decent guy, which doesn't sit well with the initial view of threatening The Child.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honorable? Yes. Decent? Nothing in the show gave me that impression. Certainly nothing in the movies or the Clone Wars.

Spoiler
    Show
    When he said "I need to spring him to help me locate Moff Gideon's light cruiser" I figured he wanted his help locating Gideon's light cruiser which I took to also mean finding Gideon and ultimately The Child.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huh, I must have glossed over that line. My bad. My guess, then, is he wants Mayfield's knowledge of bases supply depots, what have you so that Mando can help narrow down where Gideon likely is.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-12-04 at 07:14 AM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Honorable? Yes. Decent? Nothing in the show gave me that impression. Certainly nothing in the movies or the Clone Wars.
    Spoiler
    Show

To be clear I am speaking solely about this episode on this show - not the movies or cartoons (or any other media where he appeared).

If you ignore the opening element where he appears to shoot at the Mandalorian (assuming that wasn't his assistant) and where he threatens the child the rest of this played out with 'return my possessions and I will help you' and that was then played fairly straight.

I am more noting (what I regard as) a disconnect between his introduction and the rest of the episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    My guess, then, is he wants Mayfield's knowledge of bases supply depots, what have you so that Mando can help narrow down where Gideon likely is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agreed, but it still seems a little odd to me to choose that specific guy - not a problem, frankly I was half hoping he would come back on that grounds that I quite like Bill Burr (and other then regarding it is filler I didn't mind his episode in season 1) - just in universe it seems to make little sense to me to select that one guy instead of any other ex-Imperial who might be out there.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2020-12-04 at 07:53 AM.

18. - Top - End - #468

Spoiler
    Show

To be clear I am speaking solely about this episode on this show - not the movies or cartoons (or any other media where he appeared).

If you ignore the opening element where he appears to shoot at the Mandalorian (assuming that wasn't his assistant) and where he threatens the child the rest of this played out with 'return my possessions and I will help you' and that was then played fairly straight.

I am more noting (what I regard as) a disconnect between his introduction and the rest of the episode.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I find it strange that the take seems to be "if you ignore that he threatened the child then it is odd that he threatened the child".

Like, even just focusing on this episode in a vacuum, I'm not seeing any disconnect here at all.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I find it strange that the take seems to be "if you ignore that he threatened the child then it is odd that he threatened the child".

Like, even just focusing on this episode in a vacuum, I'm not seeing any disconnect here at all.
    Spoiler
    Show

He effectively ended up with 'I will go out of my way to help you, despite you - a deeply honourable man - feeling that I have already met any obligation I had, and despite you effectively acknowledging that what I wanted was always mine by right and I should not have had to do anything for it'.

It came across to me as if they were saying Boba Fett is a decent sort - which doesn't stick with the introduction.

Or to put it another way "if you ignore that he threatened the child then it is odd that he threatened the child".
    Yes that is correct.

If the show glitched on you and you missed him threatening the the child but saw everything else seemlessly without noting the glitch then someone telling you 'in those ~30 seconds you missed he threatened to have the infant shot in the head' that would (I think) feel odd based on the rest of the epidode.

20. - Top - End - #470

Spoiler
    Show

He effectively ended up with 'I will go out of my way to help you, despite you - a deeply honourable man - feeling that I have already met any obligation I had, and despite you effectively acknowledging that what I wanted was always mine by right and I should not have had to do anything for it'.

It came across to me as if they were saying Boba Fett is a decent sort - which doesn't stick with the introduction.

Or to put it another way "if you ignore that he threatened the child then it is odd that he threatened the child".
    Yes that is correct.

If the show glitched on you and you missed him threatening the the child but saw everything else seemlessly without noting the glitch then someone telling you 'in those ~30 seconds you missed he threatened to have the infant shot in the head' that would (I think) feel odd based on the rest of the epidode.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The introduction didn't portray him as dishonorable. The introduction portrayed him as not a good man. He nearly immediately negotiated a stand down and a deal to get the armor after appearing. Looking at the eposide in a vacuum, the introduction showed him as honorable, but not good. He them acts honorably.

Again, I don't see any disconnect.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-12-04 at 08:29 AM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

So where last week there was a lot that I felt I should like but I (kindof) didn't, this week I felt there was a lot I shouldn't like but I (kindof) did.

Boba Fett is a good guy - who will order his companions so shoot innocent children - which feels somewhat wierd, also I am unsure why if he was on Tatooine for years why didn't he get his own armour back, but meh I will over look it.

So whatever the Dark Troopers are (droids?) they don't need the child for that project seemingly, so are collecting him for something else - transfering force powers still seems likely to me but guess will have to wait and see.
    Spoiler: Cobb Vanth, and also Dark Troopers
    Show
    It's entirely possible Boba Fett had lived on tatooine for years and never heard of the town Cobb had holed up in. The same for Mando, as we saw. Boba Fett didnt track his armor, he was tracking the Beskar-hunting Mandalorian, who led him right to it.

I never played the Dark Forces game(s), but IIRC, there was something in the wookpedia article about "phase 1" and "phase 2" armor. It's possible force users in droid armor is "phase 2"

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The introduction didn't portray him as dishonorable. The introduction portrayed him as not a good man. He nearly immediately negotiated a stand down and a deal to get the armor after appearing. Looking at the eposide in a vacuum, the introduction showed him as honorable, but not good. He them acts honorably.

Again, I don't see any disconnect.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fair enough.

I do wonder where they are going with him though - he is not exactly pro-Jedi (they did after all kill his father) so I do have to wonder if he might be planning things, such as killing those who might show up to train the child.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

I went back to reading spoilers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Doesn't sound like I'm missing much, Boba Fett fan service does nothing for me.

Also...why Mayfeld? Why would you trust him to tell you anything useful? He already betrayed him once.

24. - Top - End - #474

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    I went back to reading spoilers.

Spoiler
    Show

Also...why Mayfeld? Why would you trust him to tell you anything useful? He already betrayed him once.

Spoiler
    Show
    Boba Fett fan service also does little for me. This is not fan service though, this is working him into the plot.

Anyway, Mayfield didn't betray him. Xi betrayed him. The others just didn't stop her. And among them all, Mayfield had the least problem with him and only seemed against Don when the Mandalorian was hunting him.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    In this case not really fan service (or at least not pure fan service) in my view - the episode isn't really about him it is still about The Mandalodian and The Child, and he doesn't merely dominate every scene he is in or make the main character redundent, which is how I have felt about certain other characters they have introduced.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2020-12-04 at 09:12 AM.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

Hella episode.

But…no. Just no.

Spoiler: NO!!!
    Show
    I howled out loud when the Razorcrest went up. I hadn’t realized how much that ship had grown on me.

As for Boba Fett, I’m of two minds about him. It feels ridiculous to bring him back, especially without any explanation whatsoever. But then, he had a ridiculous demise in Return of the Jedi, so in a strange way it cancels out.

It also looks like he’s taken a few levels of monk while he was on Tatooine, given how he used that gaffi stick. I enjoyed the stormtrooper action, but those were some of the dumbest stormtroopers we’ve seen in a while, which is really saying something.

You’d think they’d set up the E-Web first, use that to cover their approach, then flank through the rocks on either side in something resembling squads, rather than a loose mass of troopers huffing and puffing their way upslope. Presumably Gideon was simply using the troopers as a disposable distraction and didn’t bother to give them any more detailed orders.

Spoiler: And a question...
    Show
    I’ve seen people make reference to Tython in video games I haven’t played. Was the Seeing Stone from those games, or is this something new on the same planet?

Either way, I loved the design of the Henge. Simple, ancient, enduring. It’s a beautifully minimalist aesthetic, and the design is really well done.

I’m not sure where the exterior shots were filmed, but the Henge fits perfectly into the real-world environment. Rarely have I wanted to visit a Star Wars location so much.

Just without the stormtroopers. Or the rocket-foot robots.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Spoiler: And a question...
    Show
    I’ve seen people make reference to Tython in video games I haven’t played. Was the Seeing Stone from those games, or is this something new on the same planet?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can't remember but it was a MMORPG - so there were likely multiple 'visit these places', 'touch these rocks', 'collect seven spider legs - no they have to come from different spiders, no not every spider has legs' quests.

28. - Top - End - #478

Spoiler
    Show
    Can't remember but it was a MMORPG - so there were likely multiple 'visit these places', 'touch these rocks', 'collect seven spider legs - no they have to come from different spiders, no not every spider has legs' quests.
    Star Wars - The Old Republic. Tython was a starting planet for Jedi Consulates and Guardians. In old canon, it was the birthplace of the Jedi Order. I'm not sure why they changed that to Atch-To in new canon.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show

So I loved the episode. Cool characters inexplicably surviving death is better comic-book nonsense than "Here's a character from another property that you're supposed to recognize"

That said, I still feel like Boba Fett wasn't handled super well? I guess the assumption is that everybody is plugged into the fandom at least somewhat, so people who recognized the actor from his cameo in the first episode can have primed everybody else for his return. But I feel like the "That's my armor" moment was undersold? If you're a viewer who didn't recognize an actor from an 18 year old movie/ didn't see the internet buzz, and suddenly this weird guy is here and he's claiming to be Boba Fett. I feel should have been a bigger moment.

Re: stormtrooper incompetence, stormtroopers are iconic hollywood mooks, they're doing what iconic hollywood mooks are supposed to do.
    If you need an in-universe explanation, I'd say that most of the well-trained stormtroopers in the outer rim generally got rid of their armor and found work as mercenaries or guards or pirates or what have you. Much safer than wearing the galaxy's most useless armor and walking around Republic controlled space with a big target on your back.

Moff Gideon's troops are probably a mix of bottom-of-the barrel troopers without enough initiative to flee the sinking ship who got swept up as Gideon consolidated his little faction of Imperial holdouts, and random recruits who grew up with enough Imperial propaganda to mourn the Empire's fall, and want to join up when they saw the shiny (useless) armor.

Gideon probably has a handful of good officers and troopers, but he's not sending them out here. He had the Deathtroopers ready for his objective, the stormtroopers he sent in were there as a diversion. If they managed to swamp Mando and the others and take them out, good for them. But he clearly views his stormtroopers as expendable. Considering the Materiel he has access too, he's probably got more armor and blasters than people to wear them. No shortage of bodies to throw at his problems, especially if he doesn't care whether or not they succeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

Star Wars - The Old Republic. Tython was a starting planet for Jedi Consulates and Guardians. In old canon, it was the birthplace of the Jedi Order. I'm not sure why they changed that to Atch-To in new canon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I meant I couldn't remember if a Seeing Stone was mentioned in it - but I can see how that was very unclear.