New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: The Mandalorian Season 2

Huh. First episode of the second season that I actually liked. Not that it didn't have some issues.

Spoiler: Chapter 11:
    Show

Well, death by drowning is certainly one way to try and kill a Mandalorian. The armor didn't appear airtight. This does show that there are dangers to our hero other than blasters.

Does the fact that Bo Katan refers to Mando as a 'Child of the Watch' seem strange to anyone else? She means Deathwatch, right? Wasn't she a part of Deathwatch? They took their helmets off all the time. Is Mando's unorthodox sect a more recent development?

The spaceship jacking was neat but seemed a little too simple. Maybe it would have been better if it were more of a heist.

Is anyone else anxious about seeing Ahsoka? I mean, I like that character, but I'm a little afraid of what she'll look like in live action.

Was the last bit with the starfish alien trying to get the child just awkward? It's like the writers didn't know how to end the episode and so tried to go out on a thrilling note but also a cute one with the child getting his num nums. Well, at least the tyke wasn't endangering anyone's bloodline in this episode.

Speaking of which, a single tadpole out of all of those eggs? That's a bit of a bummer.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

In my opinion the first one was okay and likable the second was weak but the third was simply incredible!

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not a fan of Baby Yoda eating the amphibian frog lady's unfertilized eggs as a joke, it was a bad one that really didn't need clarifying.

To me the part of the second episode I didn't like was that had they removed the giant spider falling atop the Razorcrest and the pointless X-Wing rescue and just simply let Din fly his ship out of that crevice and into space where those spiders get sucked out would have removed enough unnecessary film time to add a sequence in the next one where the Frog couple explain their home world was ruined by the Empire causing enough genetic damage that a number of the eggs were either already dead or infected and if left untouched would have caused the death of many of the others emphasizing that sequence with one of them being born.

Adding that would have added extra interest in the fact Baby Yoda used the force on the canister and being a 50 year old child recognized which eggs were either dead or would infect the others and safely removed and consumed them thus saving the surviving eggs.

Thus the Frog Lady noticed some were missing checking the canister realized there was still the same number still viable as before she boarded the Razorcrest then used the ships sensors to locate that spa where she could safely check those eggs by hand to make sure the canister's bio-sensors wasn't wrong.

THAT would have removed the necessity of that clarification that it was a bad joke and actually turned it into a much better two parter.

As it is episode 3 is my favorite of this season and I hope they don't back peddle like they did last episode.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

LOVED this episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    First, the humor. The crash landing was hilarious, and being hauled out of the water by a harbor walker was a great touch. Also loved the tumbling panel left behind as the Razorcrest went to lightspeed at the end. I kept waiting to hear Wash ask, “What was that?” It was very much in that same spirit.

I also really enjoyed the coastal/oceanic environment, which is something we haven’t seen much of in Star Wars overall. Maz Kanata’s hideout was originally intended to be in a similar setting, so I wonder if they relied on design work that had already been roughed out for that. Regardless, it made for a nice change of pace from the rather overused Tatooine, and also allowed them to feature some of the more watery species from Star Wars canon.

And then, Bo-Katan. Always great to see Katee Sackhoff, and as noted a little earlier we finally have confirmation that Mando is part of a fundamentalist sect. This episode managed to do a lot in a relatively brief space, even allowing for the classic Star Wars action of plowing through stormtroopers in grey metal corridors.

Mention of Ahsoka Tano is no surprise, and it seems Bo-Katan is leaving it to Ahsoka to explain the small details about the Jedi being exterminated and so forth. I’ll be interested to see how her quest for the darksaber eventually dovetails back with Mando’s own list.

Originally Posted by Berserk Mecha
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does the fact that Bo Katan refers to Mando as a 'Child of the Watch' seem strange to anyone else? … Is Mando's unorthodox sect a more recent development?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bo-Katan tells him that he’s part of a breakaway sect, trying to return to the purity of ancient Mandalorian beliefs. Deathwatch was more of a political splinter group, which effectively died with Pre Viszla. At this point it looks like Bo-Katan is out to restore Mandalore in the name of her bloodline, with herself next in line after her late sister Satine.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is anyone else anxious about seeing Ahsoka? I mean, I like that character, but I'm a little afraid of what she'll look like in live action.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hear you on this. As much as I enjoyed seeing Bo-Katan, her techno-tiara looked a little fakey, and Ahsoka’s look has many more aspects that could feel just as unreal.

That said, they did a great job with the squid-head aliens in this episode, so there’s still hope for Ahsoka.

She should be about 45 by this point, although of course Togrutas may age differently. Certainly new territory for her, since I have the sense she isn’t really working with the New Republic these days.

Spoiler
    Show
    Speaking of which, a single tadpole out of all of those eggs? That's a bit of a bummer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, we only saw one hatch. They may have had others in other bowls that we just didn’t see. Or maybe they can only care effectively for one at a time, and the male will fertilize other eggs in due course.

Originally Posted by dancrilis
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the majority I never really got the feeling that the Mandalorian was needed for the plan....
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think that's part of the point--he was effectively a fifth wheel, although he did contribute with his superior beskar in the face of heavy repeating blaster fire. It's not that he had grenades, but that his armor could withstand the incoming long enough for him to use the grenades effectively.

But he's not used to operating with other Mandalorians--even in the covert on Nevarro, they didn't typically fight together, so here he's very uncertain about his role in the group.
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-11-13 at 06:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hear you on this. As much as I enjoyed seeing Bo-Katan, her techno-tiara looked a little fakey, and Ahsoka’s look has many more aspects that could feel just as unreal.

That said, they did a great job with the squid-head aliens in this episode, so there’s still hope for Ahsoka.

She should be about 45 by this point, although of course Togrutas may age differently. Certainly new territory for her, since I have the sense she isn’t really working with the New Republic these days.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Togruta have been done in live action before. Shaak Ti looks fine visually in her limited number of shots in the PT. The tricky part, apparently, is moving around in the full costume, something the stuntwoman who played Shaak Ti has said on record was quite difficult. I think everything will be fine if Rosario Dawson is not called upon to do anything particularly athletic as Ahsoka. Which would probably be better story wise anyway, since we don't want Force stuff taking too big a role in the overall narrative.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    @Peelee you might want to use a spoiler tag for some of that.
    Imean, I'm all for avoiding spoilers, but this is not a general Star Wars thread, or a different-topic thread that diverged into Star Wars. This is not a Facebook group or Twitter account where the posts will automatically appear in your feed. This is a discussion thread specifically for The Mandalorian's Season 2. I have a hard time believing someone would deliberately read a discussion thread about a show with the full expectation that people will not be discussing it, even if that thread is not explicitly marked as containing spoilers.

Now, all that aside, I still put most of my posts here in spoilers to be polite, and deliberately worded that post to be intentionally vague. I did not consider it needed spoiler tags. I still don't.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Imean, I'm all for avoiding spoilers, but this is not a general Star Wars thread, or a different-topic thread that diverged into Star Wars. This is not a Facebook group or Twitter account where the posts will automatically appear in your feed. This is a discussion thread specifically for The Mandalorian's Season 2. I have a hard time believing someone would deliberately read a discussion thread about a show with the full expectation that people will not be discussing it, even if that thread is not explicitly marked as containing spoilers.

Now, all that aside, I still put most of my posts here in spoilers to be polite, and deliberately worded that post to be intentionally vague. I did not consider it needed spoiler tags. I still don't.
    Fair enough - my thinking is that some might not be aware when the episodes come out (or watch over the weekend) and so read the topic not expected to see items from the most recent episode without a spoiler tag, particularly as it to an extent answers the question of what will be highlighted in what might be intended as a tense scene.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Peelee
    Unfortunately it was a spoiler for me, because you mentioned new information in the story regarding Mando’s upbringing. Vaguely worded or not, it was still information from an episode I hadn’t seen yet, and it did lessen the impact when I watched it.

So yes, for my part I wish you’d put that bit in spoiler tags. We’re all here because we’re interested in the show, but not everyone can watch it at the same time. Open discussion on the morning a new episode comes out is definitely a spoiler for those of us who can’t watch it first thing.

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Unfortunately it was a spoiler for me, because you mentioned new information in the story regarding Mando’s upbringing. Vaguely worded or not, it was still information from an episode I hadn’t seen yet, and it did lessen the impact when I watched it.

So yes, for my part I wish you’d put that bit in spoiler tags.
    Tagged, and I apologize.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks, it's appreciated.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Waited a day on the episode so I could watch with my wife. Had to bite my tongue down the whole time to prevent myself going off in detail on the connections to Clone Wars and Rebels.

Ah, sweet sweet fan-service.
    Spoiler: minor spoiler (character appearance)
    Show
    I'm hoping we see Katie Sackhoff again, was fantastic seeing her bring her animated character to life.

If I could bring a quibble on the three episodes so far though, the Child really has been superfluous. He could have been edited out of all three episodes pretty easily.
    Last edited by Dire_Flumph; 2020-11-14 at 10:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Flumph View Post
    If I could bring a quibble on the three episodes so far though, the Child really has been superfluous. He could have been edited out of all three episodes pretty easily.
    Well, the shown is called The Mandalorian, not Mando & Cub. The Child is a McGuffin that happens to be alive - which has certain storytelling utility as they can get into certain kinds of trouble an equally sized inanimate object could not, as occurred in this episode - but they aren't really a character in their own right so there are limits on how much can be done. Truthfully, considering who Mando is off to meet next it is entirely possible that the Child will be taking a backseat shortly and may just not be in several episodes at all as the plot tilts more toward Mandalorian/Imperial Remnant conflict.

Though...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The possibility that Moff Gideon offers the Darksaber in exchange for the Child and thereby pits Mandalorian against Mandalorian seems...extremely tempting.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
    Well, the shown is called The Mandalorian, not Mando & Cub.
    ... I'd watch it.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
    Though...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The possibility that Moff Gideon offers the Darksaber in exchange for the Child and thereby pits Mandalorian against Mandalorian seems...extremely tempting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Imean, I doubt that it would turn Mando against Mando when they could just team up and take it from him. It's not like it's his to give, after all... at least, as far as he's concerned.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: How old is she
    Show
    And BTW, how old is Bo-Katan?
    She was in the Death Watch in the Clone Wars 30 years ago and she was already an adult and with some experience at the time. It seems to me she should be at least 55.
    It feels they portray her as someone who's even younger than her actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Mandalorian Season 2 is doing to Tuskens what D&D has slowly been doing to humanoids for the last 20 years... making them people, not just monsters.
    The Legend novel Kenobi did this to a degree already.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, I like how they finally confirmed that Din is in a small sect of zealots, as now we can officially point to that as to his behavior differing from other Mandos as well as his lack of knowledge on Jedi and the Force
    Spoiler: Helmet
    Show
    This is something i don't quite understand.
    Din was rescued during the Clone Wars, way before the Purge. It's difficult to believe he never had contacts with Mandalorian outside of the Watch.
    And at this time, "The Watch" refers to the Death Watch, whose Bo-Katan was part of. And i think they had no problem removing their helmet.

He's completely unaware is was in a small sect who didn't follow the same rules as other Mandalorians despite having traveled quite a lot and having been raised by Mandalorians at a time Mandalore was quite strong.

They will probably explain this later. Or at least i hope

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk Mecha View Post
    Spoiler: Chapter 11:
    Show
    Is Mando's unorthodox sect a more recent development?
    It does seem a recent development to me.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    She'll be played by Rosario Dawson. I'm pretty sure she will look just fine.
    Que tous les anciens dieux et les nouveaux protègent la France.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Louis XIII in The Musketeers
    Common sense is for commoners, not for [ PC ].

15. - Top - End - #135
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Petrocorus View Post
    Spoiler: How old is she
    Show
    And BTW, how old is Bo-Katan?
    She was in the Death Watch in the Clone Wars 30 years ago and she was already an adult and with some experience at the time. It seems to me she should be at least 55.
    It feels they portray her as someone who's even younger than her actress.
    At least in the Legendsverse, Mandos were considered adults fairly young - at 13.

Spoiler
    Show
    So she could be in her late 40s rather than 55.

If she was 18 or so in the final year of the war, that would make her 37 in ANH and 46 in The Mandalorian.

For comparison, Sabine Wren was only 16 in the first season of Rebels, yet prior to that she'd worked as a bounty hunter between fleeing the Academy and joining the Ghost crew.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2020-11-15 at 01:17 AM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Din was rescued during the Clone Wars, way before the Purge. It's difficult to believe he never had contacts with Mandalorian outside of the Watch.
    And at this time, "The Watch" refers to the Death Watch, whose Bo-Katan was part of. And i think they had no problem removing their helmet.

He's completely unaware is was in a small sect who didn't follow the same rules as other Mandalorians despite having traveled quite a lot and having been raised by Mandalorians at a time Mandalore was quite strong.

Spoiler
    Show
    The history of Mandalore during the Clone Wars is extremely convoluted. It's possible Din was rescued very late in the Clone Wars - potentially in its literal last days - by a group of Death Watch survivors who broke away from Darth Maul during the Siege of Mandalore and came up with their 'old ways' creed at that time. Note that given the relative ease of finding orphaned children during the final period of the Clone Wars the 'Children of the Watch' could be comprised almost entirely of children who were educated by a tiny number of adult zealots - perhaps as few as one per Covert. None of the members of Din's covert are necessarily any older than he is, making their ties to all other Mandalorians extremely weak.

Din had a career as a bounty hunter of some length prior to meeting the Child, but it probably dates back no further than ANH and likely not even that long. By that time none CotW Mandalorians had their numbers severely depleted by Imperial occupation and infighting - as documented in the events of Rebels - and apparently further devastated by The Purge, which is the event we're still missing details for but we can now say involved Bo-Katan losing the Darksaber to Moff Gideon.
    Last edited by Mechalich; 2020-11-15 at 03:49 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137

Show

Spoiler
    Show
    "Way" before the Purge? We don't have any time frame for when the Purge happened other than "during the Imperial era", and as already pointed out, Din could have been (and likely was) rescued at the closing end of the Clone Wars. The Great Purge was likely not terribly long after, but that part is actually less important; the Great Purge is not necessarily what the Children of the Watch was in response to.

We have known since Season 1 that Death Watch rescued Din and that he was some form of Death Watch. Bo Katann was DW, but then led a splinter group of DW called the Mandalorian Resistance, AKA the Death Watch Loyalists. There was already a Death Watch schism during the Clone Wars. It is not unlikely there was another splinter group that took a more orthodox approach, especially given the view of the bog-standard Death Watch - "We are the Death Watch, descendants of the true warrior faith all Mandalorians once knew. Now my people are living in exile because we will not abandon our heritage. Our people were warriors. Strong. Feared! Now they're ruled by the New Mandalorians who think that being a pacifist is a good thing. They've given away our honor and tradition for peace."

Further, all of that also services as a perfectly valid explanation of why he would never meet any Mandalorians outside of his sect.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: The Watch
    Show

It is possible that Death Watch was not the first Watch and that they took the name in reference to another tradition.

It would make some sense to link your group rejecting the new ways (Death Watch rejecting peace) with an older group who rejects new ways (taking off your helmet) even if you only associate with them on the most superficial ways.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Way" before the Purge? We don't have any time frame for when the Purge happened other than "during the Imperial era", and as already pointed out, Din could have been (and likely was) rescued at the closing end of the Clone Wars. The Great Purge was likely not terribly long after, but that part is actually less important; the Great Purge is not necessarily what the Children of the Watch was in response to.
    Spoiler: The Purge
    Show
    Yes, we do have a time frame for the Purge.
    SW Rebels season 4 happens in the last year before ANH, that includes the Heroes of Mandalore two-parter. And its pretty clear the Purge has not happened yet.
    That means the Purge happened between 1 BBY and 4 ABY, during the time of the Rebellion. Maybe in reaction to Saxon's demise.

Since Din was found during the Clone Wars (22 to 19 BBY), at the minimum, Din was rescued 18 years before the Purge, 26 years before at maximum.

Spoiler
    Show

We have known since Season 1 that Death Watch rescued Din and that he was some form of Death Watch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I myself wasn't sure at all of this. I probably did not pay attention enough to the markings on the armors.

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    At least in the Legendsverse, Mandos were considered adults fairly young - at 13.

Spoiler
    Show
    So she could be in her late 40s rather than 55.

If she was 18 or so in the final year of the war, that would make her 37 in ANH and 46 in The Mandalorian.

For comparison, Sabine Wren was only 16 in the first season of Rebels, yet prior to that she'd worked as a bounty hunter between fleeing the Academy and joining the Ghost crew.
    Spoiler
    Show

This is true, but Sabine was visibly young (despite her maturity) during Rebels, and quite explicitly said to be.
    I really didn't get that feeling for Bo-Katan. She looked like an adult to me at the time, and i think she was Pre Vizla's number 2 or 3. So i feel like she may have been maybe 25-30. She may have been younger than this, but this is the impression i got at the time.

And i'm under the impression they actually tried to make Katee Sackhoff a little younger that her actual age of 40.

Edit: Wookiepedia doesn't give her age.
    Last edited by Petrocorus; 2020-11-15 at 02:02 PM.

Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".

20. - Top - End - #140

Spoiler: The Purge
    Show
    Yes, we do have a time frame for the Purge.
    SW Rebels season 4 happens in the last year before ANH, that includes the Heroes of Mandalore two-parter. And its pretty clear the Purge has not happened yet.
    That means the Purge happened between 1 BBY and 4 ABY, during the time of the Rebellion. Maybe in reaction to Saxon's demise.

Since Din was found during the Clone Wars (22 to 19 BBY), at the minimum, Din was rescued 18 years before the Purge, 26 years before at maximum.
    Well, then, it's a good thing that I specifically called out that it wasn't terribly relevant to begin with.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I myself wasn't sure at all of this. I probably did not pay attention enough to the markings on the armors.
    Yep, they had the markings in Season 1. Looks vaguely like an upside-down Monster Energy logo.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I really didn't get that feeling for Bo-Katan. She looked like an adult to me at the time, and i think she was Pre Vizla's number 2 or 3. So i feel like she may have been maybe 25-30. She may have been younger than this, but this is the impression i got at the time.

And i'm under the impression they actually tried to make Katee Sackhoff a little younger that her actual age of 40.

Edit: Wookiepedia doesn't give her age.
    Spoiler: Mandalorians
    Show
    Bo-Katan did have a nephew called Korkie Kryze who I think fits more with the young teenager idea then she does.

However far all we know Bo-Katan was trapped in carbonite or similiar for years after losing the darksaber so her appearance is kindof meaningless - or perhaps Mandalorians age slowly due to a healthy diet and good excercise, I have met 40 year olds that look older then 60 year olds (and as such visa versa).

For example Vader in Return of the Jedi looked older then he was (in my view) while Palpatine (in my view) looked younger then he really was.

22. - Top - End - #142

Show
    Bo-Katan did have a nephew called Korkie Kryze who I think fits more with the young teenager idea then she does.

However far all we know Bo-Katan was trapped in carbonite or similiar for years after losing the darksaber so her appearance is kindof meaningless - or perhaps Mandalorians age slowly due to a healthy diet and good excercise, I have met 40 year olds that look older then 60 year olds (and as such visa versa).

For example Vader in Return of the Jedi looked older then he was (in my view) while Palpatine (in my view) looked younger then he really was.
    4 years difference in age:
    Spoiler: Large image, no spoilers at all
    Show

Humans are weird.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Well, Katee Sackhoff herself looks fairly young and only have some markings around her eyes that i've seen on some 30 y.o people.

Spoiler
    Show

The Child is the same age as Vader and looks way younger.
    Last edited by Petrocorus; 2020-11-15 at 03:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Well, Katee Sackhoff herself looks fairly young and only have some markings around her eyes that i've seen on some 30 y.o people.
    Modern actresses are both under tremendous pressure to maintain a youthful look and have access to a beauty care regimen (and when actually on camera, makeup presentation) that is incredibly comprehensive. Consequently they tend to look younger than the average female member of the population in their age bracket.

Of course, there's really no reason why Star Wars, being a nominally futuristic society, wouldn't have similar conditions. Presumably regular application of bacta brand face cream melts lines away like nothing. Bo-Katan is from the upper class originally (she's technically a Duchess even if she's not claiming that title) so its quite plausible that she pays considerably more attention to her personal presentation than most other Mandalorians.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Why did it take me to w2e3 to realize the Razor Crest looks like a Firefly?
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Why did it take me to w2e3 to realize the Razor Crest looks like a Firefly?
    I suspect that's mostly a case of convergent design evolution. The Razor Crest is referred to as a 'gunship' and bears considerable resemblance to a number of other 'gunship' designs used in Star Wars, in particular the SS-54 assault ship which was created for TCW (the bounty hunter Sugi owned one). This traces a concept art legacy that eventually goes back to a combination of fixed wing and helicopter gunship designs - notably the Russian Mi-24 Hind (the bubble cockpits are a direct pull).

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been enjoying the new season so far.

Episode One: Seeing an 'official' representation of a Krayt dragon was really cool, even if it wasn't really dragon like, just a sand worm. At least they did some cool things with the sandworms. Not as excited for the take on Sand People but eh, you take it you leave it. The Fett tease was very intriguing and the Marshal was fun but ultimately a bit pointless in my opinion, very much a 'just for this episode' style character.

Episode Two: Thought the egg eating was pretty funny honestly, but the episode itself is pretty skippable. I do like seeing more monsters in Star Wars though, so probably why I didn't mind this so much.

Episode Three: Wow, okay, this is where it decided to really start picking up, this episode was a lot of fun!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

28. - Top - End - #148

Re: Firefly

I'm not so sure about that to begin with. The Razor Crest is pretty brick-like, with two dorsal engines on either side, while the Firefly is a lot sleeker (if still quite angular) with a "neck and head" cockpit design and a single, centered engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I've been enjoying the new season so far.

Episode One: Seeing an 'official' representation of a Krayt dragon was really cool, even if it wasn't really dragon like, just a sand worm.
    It fits with the skeleton we saw in the original movie. Also, they decided at some point that's a Greater Krayt Dragon. The KOTOR style one is probably a standard Krayt still. Probably.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-11-15 at 10:09 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Which raises the question of what killed that one and stripped the flesh so quickly that the sand hasn't covered it.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2020-11-15 at 10:14 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150

Which raises the question of what killed that one
    Unknown.
    and stripped the flesh so quickly that the sand hasn't covered it.
    Sand people.