New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Artificer game mechanics question

I play an Artificer in my main campaign 3.5. Campaign's been running for years now. About a year back my DM told me since my Wisdom score was only a 12 I couldn't cast higher level spells, because my Wisdom score effects which divine spells I can cast. Is that true?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Artificer game mechanics question

The artificer's infusion scale off intelligence and. So to "cast" higher level infusions you need 10+ the infusion level intelligence. E.i. you need 13 int for a 3rd level infusion.

But I fear this doesn't answer your question, and in this case can you reformulate it?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Armyguyclaude View Post
    I play an Artificer in my main campaign 3.5. Campaign's been running for years now. About a year back my DM told me since my Wisdom score was only a 12 I couldn't cast higher level spells, because my Wisdom score effects which divine spells I can cast. Is that true?
    You need a high enough wisdom score to cast spells from most divine spell scrolls without making a UMD check but that shouldn't matter for an artificer since making the UMD check would be a matter of course for him.

No arcane scrolls should care and even a lot of divine scrolls key to charisma instead of wisdom. No other device but minor schema interact with the user's mental abilities nor do the artificer's own infusions or any of the devices he makes. Infusions key to int and all artificer made devices require either UMD or no particular ability or skill to activate.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

An artificer doesn't normally cast divine spells at all, where are you getting them from?
    I am rel.