Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Default Rise of the onyx tide [OOC]

Welcome, brave cultists/criminals/freedom fighters/rebels/lunatics!

Announce here your character's name, "voice"(color used for speaking - thoughts are like this), and what was your character doing (preferrably in an ingame narration/ when they were suddenly called by your leader through the connection to the elders.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the onyx tide [OOC]

Chung Eun-Young shall speak in orange as is proper for a fox.

As far as what she's doing.

Eun-Young is watching a nobleman's residence from across the street, hiding in some bushes. It's been a very boring stakeout, but his visitors are of minor interest to the Onyx Wave, and they want to know if he should be as well, or if he's just another glutted nobleman who is of no particular concern to anyone.

EDIT: Here are the sheets for human and natural forms and fox form.
    Last edited by Citrakayah; 2020-09-27 at 09:24 AM.
    Terra Chronos -- A world where continents shift in the dreaming of ancient gods.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=470866

Jack Candle will speak in Red, the color of fire and blood.

Jack Candle is working in the library, trying to figure out how to sort the books there, while occasionally stopping to write in his own book.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2270130

Given his dual nature, his social voice as Deranthil "Deran" Anterome will be seafoam, and the vigilante voice of the Clouded Mirror will be indigo. I may have internal dialogue using either possibly as well.

The Clouded Mirror was infiltrating an Occult hate group with a small membership, but potential to grow into a greater threat, while in disguise, when he was passed by a mysterious figure that left a letter with some information regarding this so called elder in his pocket when he bumped into him.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-09-21 at 09:08 PM.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

5. - Top - End - #5

Chimera

Errol, who will speak in Dark Green, is spending the early morning hours in the fish market along Aquatin’s wharf. He didn’t actually like fish — he found them a bit unnerving, though he’d never admit it — though he was occasionally impressed by the occasional shark or other monstrous creature some lucky angler had hauled in.

No, he was here because this was where he got his start, once he had won his freedom from the slave galley Kimrist. He’d roughed up more than a few these fishmongers as a debt collector for the Hard Eights before becoming a full enforcer under Boss Ogden.

It had been good for a while. But Ogden was dead or run off, and things had gotten rougher for Errol; a lot rougher. So he came back here, as close to his turf as anyplace this side of the ocean. It was easier to think here.

He catches a shopkeeper staring at his ruined eye and is about to tear him a new one when he feels a tug on his arm. It’s a young boy with a vacant look in his face and holding a slip of paper. Errol knew that look; the boy would hopefully remember none of this. He takes the note and reads it, shooing the boy away with a silver coin. The boy probably wouldn’t remember that either, but surprise coin was always nice.
    Last edited by infomatic; 2020-09-21 at 11:00 PM.
    "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    — The Dragon, to Grendel

6. - Top - End - #6

Planetar

We will give one more day to celticbear or begin without him

7. - Top - End - #7

Planetar

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Not that I see this being an issue, but I selected a god from one of my homebrew pantheons for Deran to worship. Ranna is the goddess of mystery and secrets, her associated animals are small birds (finches, swallows, etc). One of the means that followers petition her is to ask for the answer to a secret, they most submit a secret of their own for her to claim. Not being a divine caster, this is more for flavor, as I doubt it will find much contention.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

9. - Top - End - #9

Planetar

No.problem with the goddess stuff.
    Regarding the group analysis you gave me - as a general rule, you get one check of every type for each "situation", one more if you want to look deeper into a mentioned aspect (which takes time), and another one if you get new information - so 1 roll of each could cover it all.

In general, I dont really know how to respond to you analyzing pcs since...yknow, I dont know how they feel or what they think.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Well, the analysis also included the elders present as well as the speaker. Anything there? Or are they too opaque for me to draw anything workable out of?

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

11. - Top - End - #11

Planetar

The elders are not as mucha s present as...I mean, could you try and analyse the little voice whispering in the back of your head?
    I will give you what you did get rom the analysos, and you do get a general "vibe" from them, but not much more than that.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Hmm, the elated excitement the speaker shows is somewhat alarming. If this is problematic, he should not have such a response. It suggests he may have hand in it if not a direct cause. Debating how to treat this IC. He may be working against the elders, possibly for a shortsighted political advancement given his youth. Whether he has an excuse acceptable to the Mirror is another question entirely.

Did he get the list? Sadly, my Sleight of Hand only has base Dex to work with, so not risking that yet, otherwise I'd try to pilfer something innane and, but commonly adorned by him for the sake of Psychometry, but with the list, Deran can check his ledger, possibly either having appointments for fittings for some or having previously dropped off outfits for resizing he can use Psychometry on.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-10-05 at 03:18 PM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Waiting for others to post before I post, as my next step is to find one of the exchange places to get the list and begin my investigation.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah I spent most of yesterday working or sleeping. I'll get something together after my shift and afterwork nap today, (I really hate working at 4 in the morning)
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

15. - Top - End - #15

Chimera

Sorry, lousy week. Hoping to get some real sleep and be back tomorrow
    "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    — The Dragon, to Grendel

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

I tend to have the opposite issue, since I have a disorder called hypersomnia, which is very similar to narcolepsy. Some of the side effects are interesting too, as I get hypnopompic and hypnogogic hallucinations (think of a night terror, but you have the ability to move. I've punched a wall on more than one occasion thinking something was coming at me. Usually happens about once every two or three months). Fortunately, my meds help regulate it, but there was a two year period where I averaged 16-18 hours of sleep a day.

In game, how well known is the alleged victim? Is it somebody that either Deran or the Mirror would have encountered? I ask because I may consider using my one Disguise Self ability and Mockingbird ability to mimic him and confront people later on. I could even go semi-undead in appearance to fudge some of the details of a clear image cannot be recalled. Also, what time of night is it at this point? I ask since it seems like hours would have passed and not sure if I should go back out or turn in so Deran can prepare his plan to approach the customer he gleaned.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim