Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default The Lord of the rings: War of the Ring crashes, how fix?

    Hey guys, i recently purchased and installed the above named game onto my computer.

    It installed just fine, and when i attempt to play it I can create a profile, then click on single player just fine

    BUT

    when I click on on good, the game crashes. Evil I can play though..

    How do I fix this.. or am I just doomed to never play this game that I remember fondly from my early college days.
    Last edited by ngilop; 2020-09-21 at 04:44 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Lord of the rings: War of the Ring crashes, how fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    How do I fix this.. or am I just doomed to never play this game that I remember fondly from my early college days.
    If the Evil campaign loads, but Good doesn't, the first thing I'd check are the game files proper.

    Got it on Steam or what?

    If steam, disable your antivirus, verify game files, then re-enable your antivirus.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Lord of the rings: War of the Ring crashes, how fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    If the Evil campaign loads, but Good doesn't, the first thing I'd check are the game files proper.

    Got it on Steam or what?

    If steam, disable your antivirus, verify game files, then re-enable your antivirus.
    I have the physical CDs (both install and play)



    How would I go about checking if the game files are right?

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: The Lord of the rings: War of the Ring crashes, how fix?

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    I have the physical CDs (both install and play)
    How would I go about checking if the game files are right?
    If you're lucky, you can just explore the CD and copy the game files to the directory on your HD.

    If not ... just do a reinstall.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Irvine

    Default Re: The Lord of the rings: War of the Ring crashes, how fix?

    Did you check the user privileges?
    Run the game as Administrator, it may help
    I am a fan of Harry Potter and my house is Hufflepuff.
    Do you know yours? You can find your house by What Hogwarts house are you in quiz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •