New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Mewtwo Vs. Superman

Hey everyone, I just thought of something that Superman can really take on the Uber Powerful Pokemon Mewtwo. I analyzed both Superman (Current and recent one) and Mewtwo (including it's two Mega Forms. Superman is very powerful and completely invulnerable except Kryptonite, Red sun, and magic. Mewtwo is a very powerful psychic Pokemon and it can heal itself, boost its powers, and use Psychic Moves. Mewtwo X focus on fighting mostly and Mewtwo Y is mostly based on special attacks. I know that Superman has faced heavy hitters before and I don't know if he has faces psionics villains or creatures before but I wouldn't be surprised if he had faced them before. Mewtwo has defeated and can obliterate just about any Pokemon. I think Mewtwo will definitely use its psychic powers and give Superman some damaged. If psionics is considered to be magic but if not then Mewtwo might be in huge trouble. So what your thoughts on Mewtwo go against Superman?
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Mewtwo Vs. Superman

It probably looks a lot like the last few minutes of combat in Superman vs. the Elite. Once Kal-El figures out he's fighting a psionic target, he uses his heat vision to cut out that part of Mewtwo's brain that allows him psionic abilities.

That's before we answer the question of whether Mewtwo can do anything against super-speed, which Supes also has, or being hurled into the Sun.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post
    It probably looks a lot like the last few minutes of combat in Superman vs. the Elite. Once Kal-El figures out he's fighting a psionic target, he uses his heat vision to cut out that part of Mewtwo's brain that allows him psionic abilities.

That's before we answer the question of whether Mewtwo can do anything against super-speed, which Supes also has, or being hurled into the Sun.
    Well, I guess we all know who will win the fight?
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

I don't think a fight would occur if these two met each other.

So Superman ends up in the Pokémon world somehow, somewhere past Mewtwo's Revenge. Everybody is super into superpowered **** fights, which is weird, but nothing of what he sees comes close to his own power level, so he's not immediately worried. He just goes around helping Puruglies stuck in trees because that's what he stands for. That is, until he meets this Pokémon that clearly has human level intelligence and wisdom, if not more, who is fighting a guerrilla war against his creators. He explains to Superman that Pokémon are being oppressed around the globe, and he's fighting against that. This guy is clearly not just some terrorist though, seeing as he sees injustice everywhere, but purposefully chooses to go after just the worst offenders, and going out of his way to not disturb the civilian population while doing it.

And that is how all Pokémon were freed and Mewtwo was installed as president of the Pokémon world in the name of truth, justice and the American way.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Superman has psychic defenses and is so fast he might as well be teleporting. Mewtwo has no abilities that can actually harm him overmuch while he is still vulnerable to a fist to the face.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    I don't think a fight would occur if these two met each other.

So Superman ends up in the Pokémon world somehow, somewhere past Mewtwo's Revenge. Everybody is super into superpowered **** fights, which is weird, but nothing of what he sees comes close to his own power level, so he's not immediately worried. He just goes around helping Puruglies stuck in trees because that's what he stands for. That is, until he meets this Pokémon that clearly has human level intelligence and wisdom, if not more, who is fighting a guerrilla war against his creators. He explains to Superman that Pokémon are being oppressed around the globe, and he's fighting against that. This guy is clearly not just some terrorist though, seeing as he sees injustice everywhere, but purposefully chooses to go after just the worst offenders, and going out of his way to not disturb the civilian population while doing it.

And that is how all Pokémon were freed and Mewtwo was installed as president of the Pokémon world in the name of truth, justice and the American way.
    Its either that or he shows up during Mewtwo Strikes Back, sees the fight between the clone pokemon, blows the storm away with a quick puff then just as smacks everyone into being peaceful with little effort, not even a punch just...slapping them.

then Mewtwo explains what he went through, how pokemon are kept in little balls and how he is fighting against oppression.

Superman wags his finger and says that causing a world-ending storm to force a noah's arc scenario is not how you change things. Mewtwo says he is sorry.

THEN what you say happens.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-09-22 at 06:51 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    If psionics is considered to be magic but if not then Mewtwo might be in huge trouble. So what your thoughts on Mewtwo go against Superman?
    I think the question of "is Mewtwo magic" is probably a crucial one. But as pokemon powers are biological in general (e.g., part of the natural biology of that work and thus not magic, not anymore than a human's punch or a dragon's fire breath), I think Mewtwo's psionic abilities would not be magic per se. Maybe even less likely due to him being created via science.

But, even if he were, Superman's speed and strength might make it so that Mewtwo can't successfully target him before he grapples or KOs MewTwo.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Superman has psychic defenses
    I admit I'm not big on Superman lore, but I thought he got mind-controlled fairly often and that was one of his weaknesses. Do those defenses work against magic?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I think the question of "is Mewtwo magic" is probably a crucial one. But as pokemon powers are biological in general (e.g., part of the natural biology of that work and thus not magic, not anymore than a human's punch or a dragon's fire breath), I think Mewtwo's psionic abilities would not be magic per se. Maybe even less likely due to him being created via science.

But, even if he were, Superman's speed and strength might make it so that Mewtwo can't successfully target him before he grapples or KOs MewTwo.

I admit I'm not big on Superman lore, but I thought he got mind-controlled fairly often and that was one of his weaknesses. Do those defenses work against magic?
    Im not a huge expert either, I just remember while doing the superman/goku fight death battle brought up some sort of mental martial art he practices to protect himself from being mind controlled/read. Not sure what the limits are on it, but he will have at least some defense against psychic abilities like mind reading/control attempts by mewtwo, leaving us withy mainly blasting effects that cant even remotely compare to what superman tanks on nookie nights with wonder woman. Found it
    Torquasm Rao An ancient Kryptonian meditation technique. It allows one to tap into his/her instincts and separate themselves from their body. Makes them able to prevent others from manipulating their minds and allows them to fight on the astral plane. Torquasm-Rao is like Kryptonian tai chi.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Mewtwo was defeated by the power of friendship.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, Superman has faced off against fairly powerful psychics repeatedly, including at least one who was vastly more powerful than Mewtwo- Dominus, who, if I'm understanding the rating system correctly, would rate as a multiversal threat to Mewtwo's global threat. Superman rolled up with the whole Torquasm Rao thing and was able to bludgeon Dominus into submission, or at least into making a fatal error, in a largely mental battle.

If for whatever reason Superman and Mewtwo went up against each other, it would be a short fight.