New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: (Playtest) Hoofprints In The Snow (IC)

Robbin breathes a sigh of relief when the two feuding ponies lay their arms aside for the moment. A short lived peace can be a victory if you play it right: let's try to avoid slipping up then.

He is about to attempt the stop the argument breaking out when Swift makes his own effort in his... special way. Oh... buck. You're the merchant Swift! Read the room!
    Outwardly, he does his best not to betray these inner thoughts, instead opting to sigh and rub his temples again with a forehoof.

"Calculus, perhaps we should resolve one issue before the other: let's not make any assumptions about Mr. Burn's business. Actually, let's start with that: what did you come here for? I can't imagine you were here for a cup of tea and a nice chat."

He looks at the assorted weapons hanging on the walls and furrows his brow.
    "If I were to hazard a guess, it would be that you were in need of supplies and ran afoul of the old problem of needing something but lacking bits. A word of advice: this problem is also an invention of capitalism. I am very poor in bits, but rather rich in favors, though I seem to be spending them at an alarming rate lately. The point is, regardless of what you are here for, perhaps a barter could be arranged?"

He looks to Horseshoe Theory.
    "As for who Mr. Theory here works with, my guess would be mostly himself. The merchants support his class, yes, but I think you'll find most of them don't take one side or the other these days, though that is changing. Me and my friends have been having some success working out agreements with them for the time the next revolution comes around."

He then looks back at Sun Burn with a determined gaze.
    "And it will come around: you can only kick a dog for so long before it bites you back, and the ponies of this city are getting fed up with the taste of horseshoe metal. The only question is whether or not it will succeed. To ensure it does, we need friends, not enemies, among the craftsponies: crossbows and pikes don't make themselves after all, and a friend is less likely to sabotage your bowstring."

Robbin then leans back in his chair with his forehooves behind his head, daring to look somewhere other than at the other ponies in the room for the first time since he's come downstairs.

"You say I'm soft, and I suppose you're not wrong: a certain softness is needed to be flexible. You are a very hard pony Mr. Burn, and the ponies of this city will need ponies like yourself to endure what is to come, but perhaps leave negotiating with the craftsponies to me. I have a number of friends who would be delighted to meet and to discuss preparations with you: you have more military experience than all of them combined after all. If there is something you came here for, I can do my best to procure it, though again, I'd need to know your business first. I've guessed at it, but assumptions are dangerous things."

He then leans forward and looks to Horseshoe Theory.
    "I've not said much to you so far: please understand that I'm not ignoring your stake in this. This has likely been a bit difficult to process, and I would be happy to discuss any questions you have once an agreement has been made. Or, if you would prefer to never see my face again, that can be arranged too. Just remember that we do have one mutual interest at the very least, and I would like to get back to figuring that out as soon as me and Calculus have the chance."
    He momentarily jerks his head in the direction of the staircase when he mentions their mutual interest.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Do you want me to roll again Igor?
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Swift scrunches up his mouth a little bit, deflating in his chair like a punctured balloon. He shoots Robbin a dirty look that the rebel may know. It says about as much as 'Darn it, I was about to bluff him!' It may be the most surefire way to tell that Robbin is preventing his friend from being too clever for his own good once again.

"Fine then." he sighs, crossing his hooves. "Let us talk of business first, but then we get back to the good part. Besides, you are both misinterpreting my intent. I do in fact not belief that Mister Sun Burn here is behind our troubles. No, too many factors do not line up with that."

For a moment, his eyes glimmer dangerously, though he restrains himself just for now.

"Suffice it to say we too are looking for more than just gardening tools. And you, Sun Burn, have entered the puzzle we must solve as one of its myriad of pieces."
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Horseshoe Theory frowned.
    He didn't liked any word that were said in his workshop.
    "Well. How much you need to rob for me, to let me live?" He ask coldly.

Sunburn attention went away from the old smith how ever.
    "Look, kid. You are still playing games. I can't deal with this foolishness.' He say gruffly.
    "And I see, I can't trust you completly. What at stakes can't wait your little frilly doll games. Lives of innocents on the stake, and I need to find this little winged piggy."
    He look at Calcalus.
    "I will ask one last time, before I start to ACT." He warn, lifting the bardich.
    "Where is the fat pegasi filly? I know she went in this general way-and by your smartflank commments, I guess you have met here."
    He slash as warning in air-the blade send an energy slash, near Calcukus face, crushing a whole cloest to pieces.

Horseshoe Theory gasp. 'You are a mad pony! Don't wave those things like that!"
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Despite the clear threat to his life, and the many splinters of wood racing past his face, Swift Calculus stays firmly in his chair, not daring to move a muscle. This is starting to get worrying, yes. But if he lets up now, and allows this thug to intimidate him, he'll be putting that little filly in actual danger. And not just that, he'll lose a valuable lead to find Swift Hit. He cannot allow that.

"She was here." he says unflinchingly, staring Sun Burn right in the eyes. "Hid herself in a chest in the colt's old room. When we entered the room, she escaped by a rope by the windowsill. You can look at it if you want, it's still there. That wasn't too long before you entered, either."

The portly earth pony leans forward, one hoof under the table just in case he'll need to flip it for a sudden diversion. "You're trying to save lives? So are we. I may enjoy the challenge of it, but what we're looking for is a colt who disappeared. One who, by your comments, you must have met as well."

A tiny bead of sweat runs down his head, masked by his fur. This may be the most dangerous bluff he's ever pulled.

Show
    Alright, definitely time to roll! I'm counting Merchant and Silver Tongue for obvious reasons, as well as Perceptive to pick up on how far Swift can push Sun Burn and Tough because Swift needs to have nerves of steel to not show any fear in the face of all this.

Feel free not to let any of those count if you don't think they fit. And of course, apply as many penalties as you think are justified. This is definitely an attempt to defy the odds, after all.

I'll also spend 1 Drama Point for an additional Bonus.

(1d12+5)[13]
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2021-02-03 at 02:49 PM.
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

When Horseshoe Theory speaks, Robbin shakes his head and offers a correction.
    "No, the point is you wouldn't be robbed: you would get a favor or something out of it. I value labor Mr. Theory. Skilled labor, unskilled labor, artisans, peasants: all deserve fair recompense for their efforts. The recompense doesn't have to be bits was my point."

He furrows his brow and looks back to Horseshoe with an expression of concern when Sun Burn speaks though.
    "But I'm not sure that's something he's interested in... Ok, so we need to find another deal. Let me think..."

Robbin prepares himself to speak but Swift beats him to the punch, seemingly having had the same idea.
    Good play there Swifty: let's hope it pays off...

Otherwise, Robbin is getting slightly miffed with this pony, and would speak his mind were it not for Sun's temper and reputation. He sighs.
    "...That's the long term point: save lives that are currently slaving away with little hope of escaping their lot in life, but you seem to have something more immediate in mind. This... filly? Somehow holds lives in her hooves? We can't really get you on your way if we don't know what the stakes are."

Show
    I'm just gonna build on what Swift's already done here: back him up and add new avenues of questioning. That was an amazing roll Theo!
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

(I have put a-4 modifier. And yet, you are in 9! Good roll!)
    Horseshoe Theory shake his head in mistrust.
    "You may spin your words as you wish- a robbery is still a robbery. Beside, I would never give willingly weapons to such barbaric and dangerouse ponies. So please toss away the facade."

Sunburn's eyes are fixated on Calculus.
    "So... I can still catch her." Pause.
    He look at Robbin. "I am trying to save this other colt. The way to save him and others... is too dark for softies like you. We are fine-you gave me the intel I needed.' He throw away the bardich ans turn to gallop out.

Horseshoe Theory gasp. 'What does he want from Swift Hit?'
    He levitate a javelin.
    "I need to stop him!'

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Robbin sees Horseshoe levitate the javelin and puts a hoof on his shoulder and quietly whispers in his ear.
    What the hay are you doing? Do you want to get us all killed? This is a pony who's fought the princess's knights and won! Please: let him go for now. We can't stop him here, but we can later... I was only trying to work out a deal because I thought he was going to kill us if we didn't appease him, and I thought I could leave you with at least something, but it seems I misjudged the situation... Your apprentice isn't going to be found from this: if you can't trust me on that, trust his namesake."

Robbin jerks his head in the direction of Calculus at that last statement.

Spoiler: roll
    Show
    Using Charismatic Rabblerouser, Fiery Speaker, Quick Reflexes (catching Theory in time), and Perceptive (tailoring my tone and words to social cues from Theory) on a roll to stop him from attacking.

(1d12+4)[12]
    Using a drama point on a reroll if this fails
    (1d12+4)[10]

Edit: Let's hope a 12 is enough 0.0
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2021-02-04 at 03:03 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

As Robbin and Horseshoe glance over to Swift, they'll see that the stallion is smirking ever so slightly. His heart may be beating frantically and his body be close to shivering, but that is all because of the sheer excitement this confrontation and particularly Sun Burn's parting words have brought him. This is all just so darned interesting! And best of all, he looks to be on the right track!

"There's no need to stop him, Mister Horseshoe. No, I do believe that he is looking to protect your apprentice, most likely from a danger that none of us are aware of yet. I have my own suspicions as to who this danger may be, and what role the filly has to play in this, yet there are still too many pieces missing for me to state it confidently." In a sudden motion, he jumps off his chair, throwing off the splinters and wood dust that coats his fur. "Trust me, however, when I say that Sun Burn will not harm Swift Hit. If he wanted to, after all, why would he be seeking this peculiar filly, and not the target of his wrath?"

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Horseshoe Theory drop the javelin.
    "All that might be true. But why would Swift Hit anything to do with mass murderers? And why would he be involved with fillies from the Gold Stable."
    He shake his head.
    "In what mess this foolish colt got himself into?"

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Robbin breathes a sigh of relief when the javelin hits the floor and the door closes behind Sun Burn.

He slumps into his seat again and rubs his temples with a forehoof. He looks over to Horseshoe Theory and winces.
    "I owe you an apology Mr. Theory... I knew Sun Burn had a history of violence, but I thought he did what he had out of a love for the downtrodden... I think he thinks he does, but he's not the kind of pony this world needs... I get the feeling he wants blood more than he wants change. I'd hoped we could all get out of this with what we wanted, but I'm not entirely sure what he wants, though I'd reckon it's nothing good for anypony."

He then looks over to Calculus with a raised eyebrow.
    "I wouldn't be so sure he wants to protect Hit: not that I can say what he's after myself, but we do know a pony who possibly could, no? Why don't we ask her... and maybe make her a cup of tea: she looked a bit chilled."

Robbin peeks out of each window to see if anypony is watching before drawing the curtains. He then canters up the stairs in search of Golden.
    "Ms. Cat? He's gone: it's just Calculus, Theory, and myself now. I think... I think we should talk about what exactly happened to you and Hit. I'm afraid he may be this pony's quarry..."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Horseshoe Theory look worried.
    'We should call the guards!'

Meanwhile... Robbin discover that.. there is no pegasi filly in the room, nor cat.

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

Robbin freezes in his tracks when he doesn't find Golden upstairs. He takes a deep breath, and calls downstairs.
    "Swift, we have a problem: Ms. Cat ran..."

He then gallops downstairs and makes for the door.
    "I'm guessing she left through the window: I'll go look for any clues for where she went outside. You've got sharp eyes, so you might want to take a look too. As for the guards? ...Well, they might prioritize searching for a filly from the golden stable..."

He bursts outside and makes his way to the spot beneath the windowsill and starts searching for clues, asking anypony around if they've seen the filly.

Show

I'm thinking that the tags Perceptive, Quick reflexes (for searching quickly), and Connections with the Common Folk (because I'm asking random ponies nearby) might apply, but feel free to subtract one or two if you don't think they fit.

How do we want to handle drama points? I would spend one to roll twice and take the better if that's what we're doing now. Otherwise, I can reroll.

(1d12+3)[8]
    (1d12+3)[10]

Edit: Looks like I'm spending a drama point either way.
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2021-02-10 at 10:03 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

When all is said and done, Swift takes a moment to lean back in his chair and relax. Sun Burn has been evaded as a threat for the moment, and they're left with plenty of time and leads to go ahead with. "Yes, Robbin, you are quite right. It's time for us to confirm a few of my hypothesis. Do not worry Mister Horseshoe, all will become clear in due time." Smiling, he waits for his partner to bring the filly downstairs, raising his eyebrow in bemusement when he returns running.

"Fled by the ropes, you say? Goodness, that filly has more of a survival instinct than I expected." He chuckles for a moment, before his eyes suddenly fling open wide and he stumbles out of his seat.

"SWEET GALLOPING REINDEER, SHE FLED BY THE ROPES?!" Oh, this is bad. This is very bad. Very bad indeed. Panicked, he rushes out the door after Robbin, off to the side alley. Unlike his friend, he wastes no time searching for Golden herself. Rather, he keeps out an eye for signs of Sun Burn's passing, who surely must have picked up on the clumsy filly's trail already.

Show
    Consider this mechanically as me helping out Robbin. We basically do have the same goal. I don't think there's anything in the rules specifically about helping each other, but I honestly would just count it as each of supplying our most relevant Tags, both positive and negative. Only add a bonus for working together if you think it makes sense, of course.

You could also just rule that two skilled protagonists doing this means an autosuccess, but that'sm up to you.
    This is honestly a bit of a grey area in the rules yet.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

(how many drama points do you have left?)

Horseshoe try to make sense of it-
    'Wha-'
    SLAM*

Both allies are looking for the two missing ponies- Sun Burn had left many terrified witnesses
    'Yes- he galloped here! gigantic!' A mare shake.
    Another one add 'He had iron teeth! I have seen it!'
    'And a flower for a cutie mark!' added a youth, the other ponies distanced themselves from the pony who said the F word.

Golden Property, was a bit harder to find. Finally a pony who carried a box of broken glass items frowned.
    'Yes.' he say. 'This fat slob. Lucikly, this mare took her by her ear. An unicorn';

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

(Because we were treating the drama points as rerolls, I've only spent one just now, so I've got 1 left).

Robbin tries to be polite through his desperation to everypony he asks for help, though his patience is beginning to run out as he starts to run out of ponies to ask.

Then, one of them has a clue. He takes a deep breath and stomps a forehoof on the ground in excitement!
    "By all that is warm and comfy, thank you so very much! I was terrified that the horrid nutjob who just ran out might've got her!"

He asks the pony carrying the box of glass for a more complete description of the unicorn who dragged Golden off as well as the direction Golden was dragged off to. He then rushes over to Swift and taps his friend on the shoulder.
    "Swift, Swift! The cat got away from him! She was dragged off by the ear by some unicorn that way! We can still find her before he does!"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Unlike Robbin, Swift makes no attempt to hide that fact that he is absolutely panicked. There's a filly that's just put herself in a troubling amount of danger, and he'll have to save her at any cost! Not satisfied with just asking people, he checks every suspicious-looking nook and cranny on his way, eyes almost glued on the hoofprints left by his two targets.

When they cross into the roughly-trodden main streets, where no prints can be followed, he almost has a heart attack, only prevented by the fact that there seem to be more than enough witnesses. Yet even then he is close to despair as none seem to have noticed the little filly he is looking for, making him fear that she has already been caught.

Luckily, it seems, Robbin is ready to dispel that notion.

"She has? Oh thank goodness! Robbin, your debts are forgiven! Now lets find that mare, before she's gone as well."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

'Hmm... she looked middle aged, very thin and tall. Wearing long dusty dress with a flower pattern... seems like a trouble maker worse then the filly, if you ask me. Eye yellow as the sun, when the Princess have mercy..'
    He gasp, look at something behind the two investigators.
    'Yolki plaki*' he curse, dropping the box and gallop away.

Into the street, fly squad of guards.
    All of them are pegasus, and their leader with wings of gold.**

Their leader is big, with golden coat and cyan white, very similiar to those of Golden.
    They land.
    'Search for her. Arrest anypony who look even a bit suspicouse.' he command with expression of pain.
    'My sister will make them talk fast enough.'
    Those guards seems from a completly diffrent material then those of the Trash Stable. Seriouse. Stern. All armed in weapons like those Horseshoe forge, or... even from an ice like material- 'princess tear'.

Meanwhile, on the side, at the corner of your eyes, you see flower patterned dress turn to a side alley.

-------------

*Commom curse, it's 'family friendly' curse. Literal meaning- 'Pine's stick'

** their uniforms are something like that-https://64.media.tumblr.com/55bcfbc9c447450daadc317dbe68c268/tumblr_ozmwhhUVMM1wivak7o1_1280.jpg
    Leader, the fanciest one, the blue one seems to be the sergant and all the others in the red coats.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Robbin curses when the guards appear, but any thoughts of their presence vanish when he catches sight of the flower patterned dress.

He bolts in the direction of the alleyway the mare just went down, not particularly caring how suspicious this makes him look: he has to catch her, no matter what.
    "This way!" He yells to Swift as he gallops.
    Spoiler: Drama point?
    Show
    I would say this is pretty reckless and impulsive since there are guards around, but I'll leave that for the GM to decide :)

Robbin will try to follow the mare using the tags Perceptive, Quick Reflexes, and Connections with the common folk (he'll ask for directions if he loses her). Actually, would his flaw Impulsive apply here since he's acting more quickly than caution would normally warrant?
    I will also spend my second drama point to roll twice on this.
    (1d12)[7]+3 or 4 (GM call)
    (1d12)[2]+3 or 4

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Swift stares at the newly arrived guards from afar, his expression souring. This is actually all adding up to what he suspects is going on, yet they could not have arrived at a more inopportune time. These ponies wrought in Princess' Tears would be a major mess to deal with, that's for sure. You don't get armor made from something as rare as that without the most loyal and dangerous elite.

He jumps when Robbin calls out to him, almost ensuring that they'll overhear him. Nearly stumbling over himself, he bolts off after his friend, in pursuit of the mare in the flower dress. If only they had brought the sleigh along!

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

It's a backalley.
    A nicely shaped mare,a strawhat cover her back of her head.
    She levitate a basket-cage object which contain the filly "Ms. Cat"
    The houses here are old. Abandoned. Partly burnt.
    Her voice is raspy as smoke..
    "Listen. I got to do stuff. Sunburn doesn't want me to kill you. So. Leave."

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Robbin may have been frightened by what the mare had to say if he'd been listening. At this point, the only thing he really notices is the cage with the filly in it at the moment.

That causes something in him to snap. Equity isn't just about giving the poor bits and food, see, it's about ensuring everypony's rights are respected. Robbin had been in his fair share of cages, or "jails" as they called them, and had never been in one that couldn't have been improved by not existing in the first place.

When ponies put other ponies in cages, there is no equity: there is no justice.

He doesn't roar in fury, he doesn't telegraph his next move in any way. He just charges the cage at what he thinks is the right angle to break off the part of it held in the mare's ponykinesis. With that momentum, he will either continue to run down alleyways until he can find a crowd to blend into, or he'll crash into a wall if he fails to wrest the cage from her grasp.

Show
    Firstly, I'm thinking bum-rushing the mare will return a drama point for recklessness. What say you Igor? :p

Secondly, my roll: I'll add Quick Reflexes to carry out the plan before she can react, Perceptive to find the best part of the cage to tackle to break it out of her grip, Blend Into a Crowd should he get away, Reckless and Impulsive for the unexpectedly sudden way in which this plan was implemented, and perhaps his Drive? It's to ensure the nation's ways of wealth become more equitable, but that ties into other things like the oppression of the poor that Robbin has endured perhaps? I'll leave it up to you.

(1d12)[3]+4 or 5

Edit: Hmm, assuming no modifiers, either way it's a "yes, but." Is it time for Robbin to get an injury perhaps? ^^;
    Last edited by BlueHamsterBean; 2021-02-24 at 11:11 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

(Actually.. there is -2 modifier.
    The unicorn is SHARP. And have TELEKENSIS MASTERY.
    So... No, but)

The unicorn still in her flank toward Robbin, levitate the cage up as the earth pony charge.
    But, he push the unicorn at the wall, her weight is light and a loud bone crack is heard as she crush against the wall.
    "Ms. Cat" squeal in horror as she kept levitating up above from a hoof reach.
    Now her face exposed- it's a mess of cold bites, blue and purple cold burns, with pair of hate filled eyes, and mouth with set of broken teeth. Her throat is covered with fire burn scars.
    "Traitor! I will kill you!" She cough something black and bloody

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Swift does nothing to stop his friend, very much in agreement that they must strike swiftly and quickly if they are to secure the little filly. While he has his doubts that even this flower-loving unicorn would do much to hurt the little one for now, there's no way he'll allow a foal to be stuffed into a cage. And besides, he's under no illusion that they actually care for little Golden's continued wellbeing, and may well dispose of her if their plans don't work out.

As Robbin enters into a close range struggle, he watches the cage float up worryingly high, worryingly out of range. The unicorn does not look like she's the type to surrender, and it may be dangerous to just knock her out. Luckily, his surroundings provide a solution to the dilemma, albeit a dangerous one. He may not be able to fly, but with the innate strength of an earth pony, he pulls himself up along the burned timbers of an adjacent house after a short running start, aiming to swiftly clamber up to the cage.

Though the wood creaks under his hooves, and jagged pieces and splinters threaten to cut him, his eyes quickly pick out the safest path upwards. Should he reach it, he will jump away from the wall to hold onto the cage, and pull it down with his weight. And then, hopefully, stick the landing.

Show
    Well then, I don't think Swift has much that can help him here. I'm gonna assume that Perceptive applies, and maybe Tough, but I'll also give him a -1 penalty for the rickety nature of the wall. So in total, he'll be rolling at +1.

I'll also spend 2 of my fate points for a +2 bonus, partially because I really want to save Golden, and partially because I want to test out the mechanic and check out how it feels in play.

(1d12+3)[5]

But when the world needed them the most, the good rolls vanished....
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2021-03-06 at 04:20 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

(Battle ost! too late to put it>?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yicTUvDVTHA

-----

Swift run and jump, but.. the cage is just out of reach. But instead of falling back to the ground, Swift land on a laundry rope, on the other side of this small alley- on the eye level of 'Ms. Cat'
    She stare with big eyes.
    '...help.' she squeak.

The unicorn struggle to get up.
    she levitate two flower shaped, dagger like weaponry. (something like shurikens) on parallel to levitating the filly- but it seems it's strain her.
    She sending one flower shaped razor toward the rope that Swift is(holding to? Or somehow.. stand on?)
    and the other toward Robbin's face.
    'Sunburn is softie. You are liabilities. You will cause innocents to die. So you must to die!'

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Robbin pulls back from the wall and attempts to refocus. Ok Robbin old pal: maybe think this through a bit before proceeding this time.

He sees the bladed weapons held in her grasp and attempts to duck to the side almost on instinct. Then the mare opens her mouth about "innocents" while holding a filly in a cage. Robbin feels his blood begin to boil but cools it in time to think up a ruse.
    "You put a filly in a cage like a wild animal and expect ponies to think you could possibly be in the right. Yeah, try explaining that to the guard back there."

And Robbin gestures to a point behind the mare near an alley exit. There is, of course, no guard there, but that is beside the point: the point is that she's looking in the wrong direction. Seeing an opportunity, Robbin charges forward again, this time trying to land a left hook against her horn, breaking her concentration. If it is broken, he will be below the cage to cushion Golden's fall.

Spoiler: roll
    Show
    Spending one drama point to buff my roll by 1? I think that's the number you're going for Theo?

Anyway, applying Perceptive to notice the knife, Quick Reflexes to dodge it, Charismatic Rabblerouser for the bluff, and Drive: makes things more equitable because putting ponies in cages isn't very egalitarian regardless of the caged pony's class.

In total, 1d12+5 including the point
    (1d12+5)[11]

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    It's never too late to start the action music, if you ask me!

Swift attempts to throw Golden a confident look, meant to tell her that he's here to rescue her. Hanging precariously from a rope thinner than Gallopardia ales, however, all he manages is to force a rather nervous smile. It's not all that reassuring, all considered.

"Don't-guah!....worry-......oof!...trying! Wait, what's....ack!"

He turns his head just in time to see that knife floating his way, an eyeblink before it is flung. There's really no time to dodge, nor would he be able to if he had the time. Swift is many things, but he is not any sort of acrobat. Panicked, he allows himself to drop, wrapping a hoof around that rope at the very last moment to hopefully stay in the air while still dodging the lethal missile. The sudden force of this pulls down the rope a little as well, though really only enough to make the stallion nervous for now.

Then again, the buildings are rather shoddy around here. And the knife could hit that rope. And he's in no position to grab onto the cage if it falls. Honestly, there is a ton that could go wrong right about now.

Show
    Let's see what the dice have to say about it!

I'll count Perceptive to notice the danger in time, and Tough to hang onto the rope through everything on this roll. I'll leave it up to Igor if and how much of a minus I am, though.

(1d12+2)[3]

Oh dear. Time for some probably very amusing injuries. Can I ask that, if this is at a penalty, Swift both falls and gets the cage dropped on him? Because that would be hilarious.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2021-03-12 at 03:58 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

(I think it make sense for Swift to get stress)

Yes. Indeed things go wrong.
    But! Also right.

The frost bitten face of the unicorn mare turn back out of instict, as she get punched in her horn, losing concetarion, the horn crack a bit, *and* with a gasp of agony, her weaken body spin from the punch of Robbin Hoof and crush on the snowey floor, brafing again something black and then.. losing counsiouse.

Swift Calculus on the other hoof having a bad time- he fall head down and the clothes as to add insult to injury fall in pile on him-

"Ms. Cat"'s cage fall on Robbin but bounce, right on the head of Swift.
    And Swift and the unicorn's cries of agony attract.. a pegaus guard. From those elitee earlier.

'What is going on?!" He demand.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Groggily, Swift pulls himself out from under the cage, groaning with pain. That one's going to sting for a while, he can just feel it. However, that feeling is soon replaced with a burst of adrenaline as he gets back up on his hooves, only to find himself face to face with a heavily armed guardspony.

As if this day hadn't been bad enough.

With a burst of earth pony strength, he steps forward and tears the front covering off the basket-cage that holds Golden, tossing it aside in an instant. "Go! Go! We'll take care of everything!" Okay, he's not sure how he'll do that yet, but it's something he plans to do!

For now, he instead bounces towards the unconscious unicorn mare and flings her lithe shape over his back, hoping that Golden will distract the guards long enough for him to make a getaway. He's not eager to leave anyone within their grasp they aren't here to protect, especially not when they have the princess' backing. And especially not when they have information that he needs! One nod to Robbin later, he rushes into the derelict ruins around him, trying to lose the guards within.

Show
    Rolling to see if Swift can lose them in the ruins. I'm counting Tough to keep going despite the beating I just received, Perceptive to guide my way, and my drive because I'll escape with this unicorn or die trying.
    Also, I'm going to go on a bit of a limb here and also add a bonus from Educated, as I've established up-front that it covers local history and Swift may just know a enough of the city's layout to aid him in his escape. If you think that, or anything else is too far of a stretch, feel to remove the bonuses. Likewise, I did not add a penalty because the unicorn seems to be a lightweight and Swift is a hardy earth pony, but feel free to add one or any others you think should apply.

(1d12+4)[14]

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

Robbin turns to the cage to try discreetly checking with Golden about something, but that problem is, well, Swiftly rendered moot, so he falls back on his trusty plan B: a bluff and one of the quickest gallops in the city of Clover River.

He turns around to face the guard with a mock look of confusion on his face before feigning complete and utter shock as he points to the sky behind the guard, loudly exclaiming the following:
    "Princesses have mercy! Her knights have come! The bloody flowered madponies have doomed us all, run!"

If the guard looks away, Robbin will bolt for Swift's chosen alleyway the minute he does so, keeping his wits about him to spot obstacles and effectively act as co-pilot for Swift. If the guard doesn't look, well, he'll do pretty much the same but feel rather silly about himself.

Show
    Adding the tags Charismatic Rabble-rouser and Fiery Speaker for the bluff, as well as Quick Reflexes and Perceptive for following Swift and helping to navigate.
    (1d12+4)[12]

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Golden gasp surprised.
    'Ah? Hey!" Dumped right into the guard's face.
    "Flowered ponies?!' The guard sound horrifed as both ponies pass by him, and turn to other alley, of the shadier parts of this stable- poison makers, lock makers, proffesional thieves worked at this alley and other shady craft ponies.

Behind panic sound to be growing AND they have succesfull escaped into an alley, which the guards would preffer to miss.

------
    My previouse Avater