New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default The Zombie Knight Saga

The Zombie Knight Saga, by George M. Frost, is really good.

What, you wanted more information? It's the story of a boy who has been brought back to life by the grim reaper to serve as his (im)mortal agent in the living world. Beyond that central conceit (reaper brings people back and gives them powers), the powers in the story are incredibly consistent and well grounded in science. The dialogue is often hilarious, the characters are well-built and constantly growing as people, and even the villains are oddly loveable for the most part. The story has been updating pretty regularly (typically 1 or two bite-sized pages every day) since 2013.

~~A young man dies and is offered to be revived by a grim reaper in exchange for servitude. Responsibilities typically include the fight against abominable horrors, human or otherwise. However, this young man already has a few problems of his own... such as crippling shyness.~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Zombie Knight Saga

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    The Zombie Knight Saga, by George M. Frost, is really good.

What, you wanted more information?
    You joke, but the main reason I haven't read it is because any time it's been recommended to me (which is pretty regularly since 2015) all anybody can ever say about it is "it's good". I didn't even get the premise until now.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I read it for a year or so, and then I think I lost interest in it. It was okay but not great.
    I think I dropped out some time after a battle with a dude named Stoker.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Read a good stretch of it a while ago, and did not dislike it, but somehow dropped out anyway. It was around the time

Spoiler
    Show
    they're escaping the capital with Helen

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I had a big binge at some point in the past then dropped off from its readers. It was all right, but Mother of Learning was my favourite free webnovel I've read, and I also generally preferred The Gods are Bastards.
    Last edited by paddyfool; 2020-10-11 at 11:06 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

I read up to the point where they go into the core of the earth and get lost, and hector accidentally discovers how to create megaprojectiles.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.