Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Default [Wanderhome-OC] The Face on the Water OOC

Welcome, everyone, to this little experiment of ours. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Spoiler: Intro Stuff
    Show
    I have a few things I wanted to get settled before we start.

First thing is Character. Let's get Playbooks out of the way so you can all get started on your characters. I went through everyone's applications and, if we do the following, everyone gets one of their top two picks.
    • +5 Vorpal Bunny: Dancer OR Firelight
    • igordragonian - Ragamuffin
    • Tycho42 - Moth Tender
    • NontheistCleric - Vagabond
    • Archemist - Shepherd
    • Kinro - Poet

If everyone is okay with the above, feel free to start making your animal. If anyone is really unhappy with their pick, let me know. I think everyone here is flexible enough to make it work.

Second is Story. As I said in the initial pitch, my plan is to play out a single year, one spoke on the Great Wheel. I'm thinking that, in-universe, you're all heading to the same particular place. A port town, or a dock, or a bend in the river, or the like. And each of you wish to board a boat there because, across the water or down the river, is Home.

I also think maybe our wish is to make it there in time to catch the Last Boat of the year, in the month of Grasping. We, the players, know we will not make it. We will be forced to over-winter and catch the first boat of the next year instead. Maybe you want to build some urgency into your backstory? Some reason you NEED to be home before winter? Or maybe it doesn't matter as much. Or maybe, as a group, we would rather not have this additional factor. It's up to you.

Third is Setting. The Playkit mentions that the lands of Haeth has known war, but that there's no violence here anymore. What I think I'd like to lean into is a sense of Change. The war is over (possibly recently, possibly many years ago), and things are changing as a result. People are coming home. They're on the move. Economic conditions are changing, hurting some people and helping others. Many people feel left out, left behind. Many people feel lonely and out of touch.

Fourth is Community. The Playkit mentions two things that merit some discussion:
    • One is those is times when we 'go around the table' or 'ask the table' and everyone offers input on something or another. One thing I know about PbP gaming is that momentum is all-important. So when we hit something that requires 'the table' I'd like to make it an understanding that we move on when one of the following happens: two days have passed (I generally manage a post every day or two or three, so two days is a 'normal' interval), three players have chimed (possibly including me), or I say "Let's move on" and continue the story.
    • Two is giving voice to a Kith or a Place. The Playkit mentions 'holding' a Kith or a Place and speaking for them while you hold it. We don't have physical things to hold here, clearly, but what I would like is, whenever you wish, anyone can state they are 'Taking Hold' of a Kith or a Place and, while they're Holding it, they can speak for that character or Place as though it were their own character. Anything they say is immediately canon, and everyone treats them like they're a GM in relation to what they're holding. And then, when you've said your piece (maybe after one post, maybe after a scene, it depends), state that you're 'Letting Go' of that Kith or Place. Your own PC will always be considered to be "Held" by you unless you explicitly say otherwise. As the Guide, it's assumed that I am always "Holding" every Kith and every Place all at once, all the time. BUT when one of you Take Hold of one, I will not speak for it until you Let Go.

I'll try to maintain a list of current Places and Kith in this OP, so we all know what pool we're drawing from.

I encourage everyone to participate in the communal aspects of the story as we go. When this sort of thing works, it's just wonderful.

Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions or questions about any of the above? Anything that doesn't make sense. Anything that you'd like to be different. Any ideas for handling or managing any of this better or differently.

More than most games, this is everyone's game and everyone's story not just mine.

Just real quick, here are my initial impressions on the opening questions from the Playkit:

1. How long are we expecting this journey to last, if we have any expectations at all?
    -One year, more or less. We'll start in Tillsoil, and we'll probably end in Tillsoil.

2. Do we want a more pastoral and upbeat journey, or a world that lingers more
    heavily on trauma and recovery?
    -I think I'd like to split it 50-50. The system really supports both. So one Place that's all fun circus lizards and then one Place devestated by loss.

3. Do we want a more personal journey, focused on mundane issues and quandaries,
    or do we want a heavier journey filled with mysterious and magical forces.
    -I don't have very strong opinions on this one. I tend to lean toward mundane issues, but the presence of the "Small and Forgotten Gods" has a lot of potential. What do you think?

4. Do we want a single person to act as a guide, multiple rotating guides, or no guide
    at all?
    -One person will be the Guide. That person will be me.

5. Is there anything else that might come up that we want to watch out for?
    -Nothing that I can think of for me. Anything permissible on the Playground is generally well within my limits. Anyone else?

Spoiler: Former Places and Kith
    Show

PLACE
    Mejis (Farm, Hillock, Port)
    • Majority Animal: Raccoons (tidy, clean)
    • Minority Animal: Foxes (linked with raccoons, but why is a mystery)
    • Rare Animal: Giraffe (singular, port engineer)

Aesthetic Elements
    • Large fragrant orchards of cherry trees (Farm)
    • Rusty overgrown weapons of war (Farm)
    • Strange piles of stones (Hillock)
    • A foreigner from higher up (Hillock, "Beedle" - see Kith)
    • A complex system of harbour cranes (Port)
    • Jetties and docks (Port)

Folklore
    • The rain of a hundred days (Farm)
    • The lost treasure vaults of the Fox Princes (Hillock)
    • The eastern mist and the trouble it brings (Port)

KITH
    Beedle (Armadillo, he/him)
    • Relationship to another PC: fascinates Snatchy
    • Singular Detail: lives on a boat in the harbour
    • Trait 1: Crafty (invent something totally new)
    • Trait 2: Feral (Ask "What's stopping you?"; Show all his teeth and bite. If someone doesn’t want to get bit,
    • they’re going to need to spend a token)

Simbele ('SEEM-bay-lay', Giraffe, he/him)
    • Relationship to another PC: Saw Syme once without his mask
    • Singular Detail: lives on a farm and walk miles to work every day
    • Trait 1: Inquisitive (hold something up to the light, Ask "What's this?")
    • Trait 2: Resolute (Keep at something others would give up at)

Spoiler
    Show
    Current Place and Kith

PLACE
    Lowercroft
    Farm
    Marketplace
    Swamp

KITH
    Argis the Younger Veil Sister (Monkey, she/her)
    Relationship to PC: took an instant dislike to Syme and Snatchy
    Singular Detail: eats shelled sunflower seeds when stressed or unhappy
    Trait 1: Honest (ask 'Do you want my opinion?')
    Trait 2: Resolute (Reject what's right in front of her eyes)

Maris the Elder Veil Sister (Pig, she/her)
    Relationship to PC: gave Snatchy a lunch with a sandwich and a cupcake; gave Syme a hug
    Singular Detail: is meticulous about everything to do with money or payment or obligation
    Trait 1: Poetic (Get caught up in the big picture)
    Trait 2: Friendly (start up a conversation with someone else)
    Last edited by truemane; 2020-11-02 at 09:23 PM.
    Adventures in the Borderlands [5E] - IC-Ch.0 / OC
    A Concerto of Death [5E] - IC / OC / Awreen

Tarot-Mage-atar by Cuthalion, may his pixels never die.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Re: [Wanderhome-OC] The Face on the Water OOC

Quote Originally Posted by truemane View Post
    First thing is Character. Let's get Playbooks out of the way so you can all get started on your characters. I went through everyone's applications and, if we do the following, everyone gets one of their top two picks.
    • Archemist - Shepherd

If everyone is okay with the above, feel free to start making your animal.

3. Do we want a more personal journey, focused on mundane issues and quandaries,
    -I don't have very strong opinions on this one. I tend to lean toward mundane issues, but the presence of the "Small and Forgotten Gods" has a lot of potential. What do you think?
    Well, I like your ideas and concept for how the game would work.

I think I'll work on a Shepherd - a Sheepdog named "Cookie" who's often called "Grumpy" by his friends, jokingly, since he's good-natured but a little terse. He'll be "Quiet and Gentle" but not "Hurried or Focused" (from the character page). For the rest of the sheet, I may just print it out and scan in a version when it's finished.

We may need a way to figure out the "player on your left" sort of thing; I'm ok with it just being the first to respond, but it might be fun to make a picture of the table and assign folks seats.

As to your scope question (#3 above), I'm up for whatever scope you have in mind - the lower stakes may be kind of an interesting change of pace, yeah. The "Small Gods" are always an interesting sort of encounter for a party, in any gaming system - they usually have something they want, or play tricks, or want to show you something. (I've recently watched "The Tempest" so I think of the spirits like Ariel with nebulously-defined powers and a fae sort of code that governs them.)
    Last edited by Archemist; 2020-09-24 at 09:43 AM.
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." - Salvor Hardin

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Archemist View Post
    We may need a way to figure out the "player on your left" sort of thing; I'm ok with it just being the first to respond, but it might be fun to make a picture of the table and assign folks seats.
    I agree it would be fun. And it would be neat. because you'd develop a relationship with that person which could deepen the communal aspect.

The trouble with this sort of plan is that it runs the risk of increasing lag time between posts.

If we suppose that everyone gets on-line at least once every 48-hours, then with seven players there's 3.5 people available every day. So if anyone, even any two people, can respond, then there's a good chance of a response coming even the same day. But if a particular person needs to respond, then that increases the chances it'll be two or three days.

And, I'll say this a lot because it's always true, momentum is the single most-important controllable factor in the success of a PbP game.

So the trick is, if we want to keep as much communal story-telling as we can (which I do want) the best practice is to make it as easy and as flexible as possible for anyone to respond, and then to have a mechanism by which someone (me, in this case) says 'We're moving on.'

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

I agree it would be fun. And it would be neat. because you'd develop a relationship with that person which could deepen the communal aspect.

The trouble with this sort of plan is that it runs the risk of increasing lag time between posts.
    Completely agree. Maybe a rule like "if the official player-on-your-left hasn't responded in 24 hours, somebody else can answer, and at any point the Guide can jump in with a 'moving right along' post."

Or say it goes to the player on the left of the player on the left, like in Bang! But it's probably not critical since this game is pretty cooperative/narrative.
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." - Salvor Hardin

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

looks like fun.
    I think we can make simply, the next player who didn't replied yet thing? Seems more practical to me.
    I think that world that is recovering from a trauma have a lot of story to offer.

I think I'll play as a trouble maker fox/vixen, but annoyingly charming. A good sport when get punished.

1. How long are we expecting this journey to last, if we have any expectations at all?
    -I don't have expectations, I will be happy if we can finish an arc of any sort at least.

2. Do we want a more pastoral and upbeat journey, or a world that lingers more
    heavily on trauma and recovery?

I think there is beauty in rebuilding, and recovery, so I guess, I am on the 60-40, but in general, have the same set of mind.

-I think clever combination could work. Like,we are all need to fix a sin from a previouse incarnation, or our ancestorstors for example.
    Something like 'chosen ones' but less contrived if it make sense?
    Like Dinsey's Aladdin, who only he can access a spefici magical cave?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Syme, Centipede Vagabond

I call myself a liar and a murderer, but insist I am not a cheat or a flirt.

I wear a terrifying mask and a black cloak, under which I conceal a stolen purse and a pack of smokes.

I have been falsely accused of killing a prison warden and destruction of property

I am actually guilty of killing my commanding officer and deserting.

I carry with me a book of magic spells I can't read, picked up from a witchy crone. She told me no payment was necessary, but when I woke the next day my shadow was gone. I see it in my dreams sometimes, moving of its own volition, but I catch only glimpses of where it is. Was it the crone's doing? Most of the time I think it must be.
    i

Spoiler: Old Post
    Show
    NontheistCleric - Vagabond
    Wonderful, I think I preferred that one over my other choice. I'll probably go for some kind of arthropod.

Question: Does the Vagabond's 'Pack of Smokes' have to be what is usually understood by the phrase, or could I reinterpret it into something like a pack of smoke bombs?

Do we want a more personal journey, focused on mundane issues and quandaries,
    Assuming that by 'heavier', you mean 'greater in scope', I don't think that either mode of story necessarily has a claim on the magical or mundane, and given that the basic premise of this game is that all but one of us play individual characters (even if we may sometimes control other aspects of the world), even an epic journey would have to be personally meaningful to those characters.

Basically, I'm fine with whatever you decide.

Completely agree. Maybe a rule like "if the official player-on-your-left hasn't responded in 24 hours, somebody else can answer, and at any point the Guide can jump in with a 'moving right along' post."
    I support this idea. While it is important to keep things moving, it's also interesting for there to be some structure, so that people are less able to just pick and choose what they want to answer or who they want to answer their questions (although obviously no one should do something they're not comfortable with).
    Last edited by NontheistCleric; 2020-09-29 at 03:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I just wanted to check in that I am here, I just didn’t have a chance to reply earlier. I will be hoping to do so tomorrow.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Poet

Porcupine

People assume I am Pretentious and Pithy. Actually, I am Casual and Romantic.

I have comfortable cane, a patched tweed jacket, ink-stained hands and a battered briefcase.

Questions will wait until I know who's left and right.

I am writing about A community you consider yourself a part of, who once could be found everywhere. It is metaphorically entwined with The migratory patterns of the moths and the news they bring with them. The everyday lives of my fellow travelers unintentionally crept its way into it.

I constantly read from A tiny guidebook full of practical life advice, once given to me by my wife. She said that she hoped that its advice would help me keep my feet on the ground, while my head was in the clouds.

I have memorized A cheap paperback I found on the side of the road, that no one else has heard of. Cheap though it is, its writing nearly made me weep as a child and set me on the path to my own writing. I've longed hoped to find who the author is, but no one else seems to have ever heard of the book.

9. - Top - End - #9

Hello, everyone! That's almost all of us checked in. Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by NontheistCleric View Post
    Question: Does the Vagabond's 'Pack of Smokes' have to be what is usually understood by the phrase, or could I reinterpret it into something like a pack of smoke bombs?
    Yeah, that's fine. It should be something mildly scandalous or venal. Something a ne'er-do-well would have near to hand. Smoke bombs are a fine interpretation.

Or say it goes to the player on the left of the player on the left, like in Bang! But it's probably not critical since this game is pretty cooperative/narrative.
    I support this idea. While it is important to keep things moving, it's also interesting for there to be some structure, so that people are less able to just pick and choose what they want to answer or who they want to answer their questions (although obviously no one should do something they're not comfortable with).
    Okay! I'm on board. Let's do it. I'll do up a randomized table map and then communal additions can be either player on the left or player on the right, and we'll see how that goes.

I'll wait another day or so for Tycho42 and/or +5 Vorpal Bunny to check in and/or weigh in, we'll finalize the story elements and table map, and then off we can go.
    Last edited by truemane; 2020-09-25 at 07:19 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm liking this so far!

I'm up for a combination of whimsical adventures and exploring deep ideas, trauma and stuff. Playing the part of a cheerful character who still has been traumatized and is trying to lift himself and others up while also dealing with stuff sounds like an interesting story to tell, especially if the war was recent. I prefer upbeat in general though, so a 75/25 split would be good with me.

With that said, I'm definitely choosing Dancer. Hummingbird, upbeat and generous, but wishes he was better at being focused and hopeful. He prefers to enjoy the now and not focus on the past or future - partially because that's who he is and partially as escape. He is always playing his handpan drum in an upbeat, marching style beat that says to keep moving forward. He wears a cloak of glowing fungi gained from when he rested under a tree and it gave him the cloak to protect him after he played for the god of the tree. He wears colorful, loose-fitting clothes with twigs and dirt on them that carry things he's gathered along the way and can always be seen with a playful yet intense gleam in his eye.

Dances, hmm... He's adventurous, so definitely he'll always do the dance with an unfamiliar place, to know and befriend. He speaks closely with the gods, revering them and the land, so the dance to earn their luck and wisdom. And now I'm imagining him as a wild child close to nature, so the third will be the dance with wild creatures, to calm them and rejoice.
    So what not to dance again? I'm thinking the deepest dark - he wants to leave the dead in the past and live for the now.
    He carries snacks for a small grasshopper on his shoulder, who he fed instead of ate and a small spinning top from a kid who he promised to teach how to dance like that top.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

So Cookie "Grumpy" Jones is a Sheepdog traveling with his herd of Bumbles towards home. He got out ahead of the soldiers when the war came through, with a few of his bumbles, and the flock seems happy to be able to head homewards. Cookie is Quiet and Gentle, not Hurried or Focused. He knows his bumbles well and introduces Bazz, the youngest, as well as Bargs, the oldest. The biggest one is Baymax, who Cookie sometimes rides on, and the cutest little bumble is Bebe. There's one that doesn't seem to stand out from the others, called Bes, who Cookie says is his favorite.

Cookie lost a big wheel of cheese that was going to be a gift for his friend Anna. She LOVES cheese. He carries around a flower that she gave to him - it's dried and pressed into the pages of a book.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So obviously I’m not overly knowledgeable about the game given how new it is to me, but I’m leaning towards a badger, I think, mostly because I think they’re cool to play. I envision him as a sort of “rustic” character...a little mop of fur on his head, a dark brown, longish, shop-coat.

I think he left a family somewhere else he was scared to raise, and now he’s going back. The war changed him, and he longs for quiet now. Loud noises scare him, which is part of why he’s a moth tender.

Edit: I think I finished him up, minus my two questions because I didn’t know who to ask. Now I just need to know his name.

Choose an animal: A persistent badger
    Choose 2 you are: Calm, Masculine
    Choose 2 you aren’t: Proper, Cheerful
    Choose 3-4 to describe your look: Tweed vest, Lunar calendar, gray-brown cloak, satchels full of papers

Ask 1 to the left and 1 to the right?

Choose 3 letters or packages you carry: A wax sealed love letter, a basket of homemade candies, a bottle of rare and vitally important medicine

The loveletter is for a shrewish and witchy crone in the Miremuck Swamp
    The candies are for the leader of the last outpost of the rebellion
    The medicine is for a cheerful old farmer with a big family

Choose two things you carry all the time:
    1. A walking song taught to you by an adventurous buddy you used to travel with. We fought for a time in the war together and the song is a way to keep his memory alive
    2. A decoder for the secret moth-tending cipher, gifted by your imaginative mentor, who was perhaps a little crazy. I think there is a code he left based on the cipher (a cipher of a cipher) that I am trying to figure out
    Last edited by Tycho42; 2020-09-28 at 06:34 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

First thing is to pick up the playkit here: https://possumcreekgames.itch.io/wanderhome At the bottom is a list of all the character sheets. Find yours and make the required choices for all the categories listed.

14. - Top - End - #14

Okay, everyone, here's where we stand:
    • Kinro - Poet - Ready!
    • +5 Vorpal Bunny - Dancer - Ready!
    • Archemist - Shepherd - Just need description
    • Tycho42 - Moth-Tender - Ready!
    • igordragonian - Ragamuffin - Nothing yet
    • NontheistCleric - Vagabond - Nothing yet

If at all possible, I'd love to get those final two sheets (and Archemist's "Look"), and names for everyone, by tomorrow. I'm going out of town Thursday and returning Tuesday. I might get some posting done in there, but I might not. But if we can get the sheets done by tomorrow, we can start Right/Left questions before I go and then get started as soon as I'm back.

This will be our table map:

So once we have everyone, we can do questions.

15. - Top - End - #15

Updated post #6 with my sheet.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Oh right, the description!

Cookie is an old-fashioned sort of sheepdog, with a plaid shirt and old-fashioned pipe and hat. He wears it all quite authentically, not in hipster-fashion ironically or anything. When traveling with the bumbles, as he has been for quite a while, he also wears his blue woolen cloak.

He's hoping to make it to home before winter; the bumbles like to hibernate in one spot and spending another winter away from home may be hard for them.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Archemist: What's your favourite part of my writing?
    igordragonian: What do you have to keep explaining to me
    about the world?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I can’t see anything in the “table” image.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kinro View Post
    Aside: for some reason the table map is not displaying for me - is there a way to post it elsewhere? (I've tried a couple different browsers.) Or just tell me who I'm next to, haha.

Kinro: Cookie likes the the porcupine's writing because it is not too ornate, and sometimes he sees himself in it. Your poem "Ode to That One Tree Out Of All The Forest" just speaks to Cookie on a very relatable level, describing its bark and smell so well that Cookie can picture it perfectly.
    Last edited by Archemist; 2020-09-29 at 07:46 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Name Snatchy
    Specie Fennec Fox
    I am an attentive girl
    I refuse to be quiete and scared

looks-
    Gap toothed smile, sundress that spins good, flowers at hand

In Life I have been taught that authority figures cannot be trusted',kindness is stronger then anything else

I rejected the silly ideas of: All stories are lies, and that heroes will always let you down.

I carry with me a paradise mantis, a last of it's kind!

Question to the right:
    How you feel about the fact I have decided you are my new parent?

Question to the left: What I do,that really truly get on your nerves?

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kinro View Post
    igordragonian: What do you have to keep explaining to me
    about the world?
    "That rules are just fabricated ideas. Sometimes good ideas, but still fabricated- not holly!"

(Something like that?)

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #22

Okay, here's everyone's position without a picture:

Tycho42
    • LEFT: NontheistCleric
    • RIGHT: +5 Vorpal Bunny

NontheistCleric
    • LEFT: igordragonian
    • RIGHT: Tycho42

igordragonian
    • LEFT: Kinro
    • RIGHT: NontheistCleric

Kinro
    • LEFT: Archemist
    • RIGHT: igordragonian

Archemist
    • LEFT: +5 Vorpal Bunny
    • RIGHT: Kinro

+5 Vorpal Bunny
    • LEFT: Tycho 42
    • RIGHT: Archemist

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

:)
    Last edited by truemane; 2020-09-30 at 08:32 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Okay, here's everyone's position without a picture:
    Thanks!

• LEFT: +5 Vorpal Bunny: What made me trust you with my herd?
    • RIGHT: Kinro: Why should I trust you less than I do?
    Last edited by Archemist; 2020-09-30 at 09:00 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like Snatchy can push certain buttons for intresting interactions-

For NontheistCleric How you feel about the fact I have decided you are my new parent?

For Kinro What I do,that really truly get on your nerves?

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Awesome, this is gonna be fun!

What made me trust you with my herd?
    I remember the first time I saw one of your little ones! I was wandering through the forest, dancing with the spirits when a tree growled. I looked over and this cute little puppy got under its roots, you know how curious they are, and this old burnt, war-scarred tree panicked and started flailing at him! I knew I had to act fast, so I threw myself under the branch and started playing my drums for him. It really hurt, he was scared, the puppy was scared, and my back was taking a beating, but I knew he could be reached. After playing a fast war beat to show I understood him, I slowed it down, giving time for your puppy to escape until I played a slow lullaby and the tree went back to sleep again.

Afterwards, I danced for the place to find where the little sheepdog had fled, and I found he made it safely back to the pasture where your herd was. And that's how I met you.

For Tycho 42:
    Why did I come with you when we left home?
    Last edited by +5 Vorpal Bunny; 2020-09-30 at 02:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    NontheistCleric How you feel about the fact I have decided you are my new parent?
    Quietly proud, and slightly suicidal as I sometimes feel like the best thing I can do is put myself in harm's way for you. Ask me about it in twenty years and I might admit I was petrified about losing the trust you put in me.

Questions

To igordragonian: How have you helped me, when no one else would?

To Tycho42: How did we get off on the wrong foot?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Quietly proud, and slightly suicidal as I sometimes feel like the best thing I can do is put myself in harm's way for you. Ask me about it in twenty years and I might admit I was petrified about losing the trust you put in me.

Questions

To igordragonian: How have you helped me, when no one else would?
    I hugged you when you screamed because of a nightmare. I told you that it is alright. Even heroes can be scared.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

igordragonian: When you interrupt one of my readings to ask question after probing question, as if my stories were all real. Especially when I'm in the middle of a very lyrical, very metaphorical passage.

Archemist: While people may find my writing to be powerful or deep or filled with truth, in reality, it has simply been refined over and over for a long time. I'm not nearly as clever or capable as my writing might have you believe. And certainly, I have no idea about how to care about something as fragile and needful as a bumblebee.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I’ll answer and submit the questions tomorrow when I’ve actually slept :)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

NontheistCleric - Left
    When did I realize I could trust you?

Vorpal Bunny - Right
    Do you think moths are as beautiful as I do?

To +5VorpalBunny: “Why did I come with you when we left home?”

When we left home, I was worried that your free spirited nature would cause people to take advantage of you. I didn’t want to dim any of your outlook on life, though, so I lied to you and told you it was purely so I wouldn’t be lonely, having someone I new traveling with me. But, maybe what I told you wasn’t a lie; maybe now I really feel like I need you.

To NontheistCleric: “How did we get off on the wrong foot?”

I think given your true reason for criminality that you have a distrspect for those who had served. You had expressed that, and it stick with me. That upsets me, as a first impression, and I’m hoping you’ll change your mind, especially seeing the way I might act.