Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748
Results 1,411 to 1,413 of 1413
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVIII: Dancink! Ve is here for de dancink!

He's also likely aware that this is part of one of Albia's schemes, and dislikes schemes in general given his family history.

Also, it seems Krosp has found a soulmate. Or at least somebody who can pretend to be one while pumping him for information.

Finally, this feels like the opening of a new volume, what with the recaps and all.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Another vote for Corkboard :-)
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Orotine is a wild card, and not one Tarvek trusts. Given his superior knowledge on muses and their history, I wouldn't dismiss it as simple paranoia.

Now, this could be because Orotine's behavior during or after the fall of the Storm King makes Tarvek question her allegiance. A Muse of Geometry could reasonably be expected to jump ship to a preferable circumstance once her original purpose cannot be furthered, and she can certainly be expected to make this conclusion and pick a new angle far sooner than her sisters would. Ergo, Tarvek could easily expect her to be a traitor and manipulator. It's almost explicitly her stated nature.

Alternatively, Tarvek is outright stated himself to be expecting divide and conquer tactics here in England. He was amused at the dance at just how many women have been directed like arrows at Gil, but none at him - right before Orotine showed up. Tarvek knows himself quite well, he knows the muses are something of a weakness for him. Putting Orotine in front of him right now seems less like kismet and more like conspiracy, so he is triple-guessing everything the muse has to say in order to figure out just what her game is and - with luck - the game of her compatriots/superiors/whatever.
    I doubt very much that Orotine is a traitor by nature or otherwise - she and her sisters were literally made to serve the Storm King. The worst I can say about her at the moment is that she is being very coy about who the first and second in line for the Storm King are (She has been very clear about Tweedle being third at best). All we really know based onm her remarks on this page is that he or she is in the current party.

I would, however, be wary of what Albia might have done with her betweentimes, or why Albia is deploying her now.

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    Another vote for Corkboard :-)
    Votes to date noted.

Spoiler: Tell me why...
    Show

Title Votes Proposer and Voters
    Girl Genius XXIX: I will smack all of you so hard! 1 Ellen
    Girl Genius XXIX: What is this worthless thread? 1 keybounce
    Girl Genius XXIX: Thread delayed due to SCIENCE! 1 keybounce
    Girl Genius XXIX: Too educational to miss 1 keybounce
    Girl Genius XXIX: Who's naming these things? 1 keybounce
    Girl Genius XXIX: How does inheritance work here anyways? 1 keybounce
    Girl Genius XXIX: It's not just because I'm a Pirate! 1 Manga Shoggoth
    Girl Genius XXIX: Does this thread have a wine list? It does not. 2 Manga Shoggoth, Shining Wrath
    Girl Genius XXIX: The Promised Hat Rack 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXIX: Shifted Mathematics 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXIX: Still Working on the Harmonics 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXIX: Teach it some Manners 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXIX: Mysteriously Activated, set loose, or broken 2 Rockphed, Vinyadan
    Girl Genius XXIX: Improbably Lucky Klutz 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXIX: Yeah! Psychology! 1 Shining Wrath
    Girl Genius XXIX: Fight delayed on account of science. 1 Shining Wrath
    Girl Genius XXIX: Vibrationally Stable 1 Shining Wrath
    Girl Genius XXIX: You will not harsh my thesis! 1 Jimor
    Girl Genius XXIX: Severely Over-Parked! 3 Rogar Demonblud, Agi Hammerthief, The Glyphstone
    Girl Genius XXIX: Still In Four Pitiful Dimensions 4 The Glyphstone, Shining Wrath, TeChameleon, PraetorDragoon
    Girl Genius XXIX: Friend of Smeerps 1 PraetorDragoon
    Girl Genius XXIX: DON'T CARE! 1 locksmith of lo
    Girl Genius XXIX: Tch. Whatever. Don't Care. 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXIX: Something is definitely going on! 1 Zazu Yen
    Girl Genius XXIX: Well, now I kind of want to keep him. 1 Zazu Yen
    Girl Genius XXIX: We can rebuild with Science 1 Scarlet Knight
    Girl Genius XXIX: We're not savages, you know. 1 Scarlet Knight
    Girl Genius XXIX: A giant corkboard of continuity madness 13 HandofShadows, Kantaki, Manga Shoggoth, Traab, Zazu Yen, Radar, runeghost, TeChameleon, The Glyphstone, Agi Hammerthief, locksmith of lo, PraetorDragoon, keybounce
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee