New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVIII: Dancink! Ve is here for de dancink!

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    Hold that pose, Bang.
    Thank goodness; I thought I was the only one thinking that.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

Messing with people's heads using psychology never gets old, but I never thought I'd see Zeetha doing it, and so effectively too.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

That's a whole new version of "messing with your head". And Bang is still thinking about killing Zeetha, while Zeetha is still having fun with her friend. I still think Bang knows Higgs and The Boyz are watching, though, and will tear her limb from limb if she murders Zeetha - which is what it would obviously be if she plants a blade in her heart while Zeetha is fighting empty-handed. So ... is she ready to die to fulfil her blood oath?

And is Albia watching via God-Queen magic? She acknowledges Zeetha as a descendent of one of her peers - does that entitle Zeetha to protection?

Debate question: which is more deadly.
    1) A violently angry Higgs, or
    2) A modestly angry Albia?
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

4. - Top - End - #364
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    That's a whole new version of "messing with your head". And Bang is still thinking about killing Zeetha, while Zeetha is still having fun with her friend. I still think Bang knows Higgs and The Boyz are watching, though, and will tear her limb from limb if she murders Zeetha - which is what it would obviously be if she plants a blade in her heart while Zeetha is fighting empty-handed. So ... is she ready to die to fulfil her blood oath?

And is Albia watching via God-Queen magic? She acknowledges Zeetha as a descendent of one of her peers - does that entitle Zeetha to protection?

Debate question: which is more deadly.
    1) A violently angry Higgs, or
    2) A modestly angry Albia?
    Yeah I get the feeling she is still trying to figure out a way to do this and survive. I honestly expected this talk of pirates to go south fast and act as the prod bang needed to just go for it and hope she could pull off the kill before higgs could intervene. As for your question, in england? its 2. You could at least try to run from higgs, but albia is basically omnipresent in england and escaping her wrath when she is focused on you is not going to be easy. And everything you do to avoid capture would likely tick her off even more. And thats assuming she cant just pull out her "Its literally unthinkable" power and shut bang down mid stride. Higgs is strong, but he isnt a god. Drugged up zola injured him good and proper at the kestle and he wasnt even remotely as attached to zeetha as he is now. So im thinking blinding rage wont make killing her easy.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #365
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Zeetha's canines are rather pronounced in the past few strips. Perhaps she just need to get her battle juices flowing to start getting more pronounced Jaeger characteristics?

Defeat Bang and develop cat ears?

6. - Top - End - #366

Quote Originally Posted by cptnspldng View Post
    Zeetha's canines are rather pronounced in the past few strips. Perhaps she just need to get her battle juices flowing to start getting more pronounced Jaeger characteristics?

Defeat Bang and develop cat ears?
    If she gets horns, she'll turn into Lum Invader.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

7. - Top - End - #367

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I think that's at least a plausible end to this - Bang "kills" Zeetha, who goes Full Jager and still survives. Possibly with an assist from Higgs or Da Boyz who somehow give her a Jagerdraught.

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Ah, such memories. My second Manga and first Anime.

I think that's at least a plausible end to this - Bang "kills" Zeetha, who goes Full Jager and still survives. Possibly with an assist from Higgs or Da Boyz who somehow give her a Jagerdraught.
    She's already had the Jagerdraught. I don't think Bang has any idea how unstoppable Zeetha is likley to become.

And "It's not just because I'm a Pirate!" has potential for a thread title.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

9. - Top - End - #369

I wonder if any of Klaus' biological meddling was done while the twins were still in the womb.

If so, then Zeetha may have some of the same enhancements as Gil.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    I wonder if any of Klaus' biological meddling was done while the twins were still in the womb.

If so, then Zeetha may have some of the same enhancements as Gil.
    I honestly don't think Klaus really did that much to Gil. I think most of his enhancements are things he was born with and Zeetha is the same way. Remember, Zola shoved a sword through her chest just under the heart. That would kill a normal person almost immediately unless they were inside of a well equipped hospital when it happened.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

11. - Top - End - #371

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Ah, such memories. My second Manga and first Anime.

She's already had the Jagerdraught. I don't think Bang has any idea how unstoppable Zeetha is likley to become.

And "It's not just because I'm a Pirate!" has potential for a thread title.
    Also: "Yeah! Psychology!" could work. And yes, I think that Bang is about to make a serious mistake.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Bugbear in the Playground

I dunno. Didn't she just have that "talk" with Agatha? I'm betting on this just being play-fighting for now.
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

13. - Top - End - #373

Quote Originally Posted by theangelJean View Post
    I dunno. Didn't she just have that "talk" with Agatha? I'm betting on this just being play-fighting for now.
    Yeah but if her blood gets up with a good fight it would be easy to get carried away. If she is super clever she will gradually ramp things up till they hit a dangerous level then there can be a "accident". If she finds herself losing this play bought she might get horked off enough to go for the kill in the end anyways.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

14. - Top - End - #374

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by theangelJean View Post
    She just had a friendly chat with Agatha who was in Full Scary Super Spark mode. There's 3 Jagermonsters plus Higgs behind her (come to think of it, I don't think she knows that Higgs is a General). It would be very stupid to kill Zeetha.

This must be set against her solemn vow to kill the person who destroyed her base and crew, and the fact that she really likes killing. Really, really likes killing. In fact, clear back in the third book we saw her kill Princess Zulenna when she clearly didn't have to, and knew it would provoke a fight with von Pinn - who is as scary as 3 normal Jagers (minimum).

She knows she's up against 3 Jagers. I don't think she's seen Higgs in full Higgs mode. She probably thinks she can escape from 3 Jagers.

15. - Top - End - #375

She knows Higgs flattened her and broke her jaw on the airship from Sturmhalten to Mechanicsburg. And she looked up a couple pages ago, so she knows there's four more enemies up in the rafters. Bang is not going to try anything more complex than feeling out Zeetha's capabilities here.

16. - Top - End - #376

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I honestly don't think Klaus really did that much to Gil. I think most of his enhancements are things he was born with and Zeetha is the same way. Remember, Zola shoved a sword through her chest just under the heart. That would kill a normal person almost immediately unless they were inside of a well equipped hospital when it happened.
    In the print novels, at least, yes, he did quite a bit to Gil; when Gil meets Mamma Gkikka, she tells him that Klaus had Gil unconscious in his labs for extended periods. (Thanks to their sense of smell, the Jagers knew early on that Gil was Klaus's son, and watched over him as part of their swearing loyalty to the Baron.)

17. - Top - End - #377

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    She knows Higgs flattened her and broke her jaw on the airship from Sturmhalten to Mechanicsburg. And she looked up a couple pages ago, so she knows there's four more enemies up in the rafters. Bang is not going to try anything more complex than feeling out Zeetha's capabilities here.
    Except - she was willing to kill a ward of her employer in the presence of von Pinn for no particular reason other than enjoying killing. And everyone on the ship knew von Pinn was not to be trifled with and could casually defeat Jagers.

She's way proud. In fact, we've had a large amount of foreshadowing in this combat about just how confident Bang is. She probably thinks she can kill Zeetha, fulfill her vow, and escape the Jagers. Will she? I think we're being set up for her to try.

I'm not certain she remembers Higgs breaking her jaw, inasmuch as the reason he did so was that she was out of her mind.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Also: "Yeah! Psychology!" could work. And yes, I think that Bang is about to make a serious mistake.
    Duly noted. Probably has a bit more staying power than some of the others...

Except - she was willing to kill a ward of her employer in the presence of von Pinn for no particular reason other than enjoying killing. And everyone on the ship knew von Pinn was not to be trifled with and could casually defeat Jagers.
    ...I don't think Bang dealt with the Jagers that much, and she certianly thought she had a chance against von Pinn. Briefly.

She's way proud. In fact, we've had a large amount of foreshadowing in this combat about just how confident Bang is. She probably thinks she can kill Zeetha, fulfill her vow, and escape the Jagers. Will she? I think we're being set up for her to try.
    Oh, Bang is hugely confident in herself. Thing is, she is very good by most standards, which is why every so often she gets taken down a peg or two (von Pinn, Dr Sun, Martellus...). The thing is she is usually good enough (or fast enough) to recover quickly.

I'm not certain she remembers Higgs breaking her jaw, inasmuch as the reason he did so was that she was out of her mind.
    Agreed - even if she remembers she may be ignoring it because someone got the better of her. I'm assuming that she wouldn't ignore it out of simple gratitude for Higgs saving her life, of course.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

19. - Top - End - #379

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I think most of his enhancements are things he was born with and Zeetha is the same way.
    That is exactly what I was asking about.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Agreed - even if she remembers she may be ignoring it because someone got the better of her. I'm assuming that she wouldn't ignore it out of simple gratitude for Higgs saving her life, of course.
    Incidentally, rereading that, it seems really clear to me that the Folgios did not start Higgs out as a secret Jagergeneral. He seems there to be a normal human getting by with an abnormal dose of hard-headed determination who suffers a comical amount of mishaps. Much more like Von Zinzer than the current juggernaut he is.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thales View Post
    Incidentally, rereading that, it seems really clear to me that the Folgios did not start Higgs out as a secret Jagergeneral. He seems there to be a normal human getting by with an abnormal dose of hard-headed determination who suffers a comical amount of mishaps. Much more like Von Zinzer than the current juggernaut he is.
    I would not be so sure as those scenes are not the actual happenings - what we see is a second-hand told story. Keep in mind that we see Higgs at Mamma Gkika's not so long after that. Whatever his role was supposed to be, he was not a regular crewmember right from the start.

edit: this conversation and how Dimo intervenes makes it even more clear I think.
    Last edited by Radar; 2020-11-03 at 08:24 PM.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

22. - Top - End - #382

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Thales View Post
    Never forget the most powerful armament in the world - the audience liking you.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    I would not be so sure as those scenes are not the actual happenings - what we see is a second-hand told story. Keep in mind that we see Higgs at Mamma Gkika's not so long after that. Whatever his role was supposed to be, he was not a regular crewmember right from the start.

edit: this conversation and how Dimo intervenes makes it even more clear I think.
    The comics you've linked to were published more than a year after Higgs's introduction. That's more than enough time for the Foglios to change their plans in order to give a greater role to a surprisingly popular minor character. Note also that the existence of the secret Jagergeneral wasn't established until four years after Higgs's debut.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    The comics you've linked to were published more than a year after Higgs's introduction. That's more than enough time for the Foglios to change their plans in order to give a greater role to a surprisingly popular minor character. Note also that the existence of the secret Jagergeneral wasn't established until four years after Higgs's debut.
    I have to admit it is hard to notice the real-life time difference, when you simply read the archive. Good point.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

25. - Top - End - #385

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    Eeh.. the first time we meet him in person, he's hanging out in the secret Jager bar, having healed up all sorts of horrible wounds in a matter of hours.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, that's sweet.

Shurdlu kicked Zeetha's face into a pulp, and she recovered from that. I doubt Bang can do permanent damage.

Escape the Jagers, maybe. Escape Agatha, who has made it clear she'll end Bang if Bang harms any more of her retinue? That's why Bang apparently expects to die, following her present course. If she kills Zeetha, she'll have made enemies beyond her ability to survive. And yet, her vow and personality won't allow her to do anything else.

27. - Top - End - #387

I like it. Now we have it all out in the open. Bang knows they are there, they know bang knows they are there, neither side seems to feel there is an issue yet, so long as zeetha doesnt end up looking like dimo, which, too be fair, I totally understand. Thats a deal breaker right there. :p On the other hand, bang just got the go ahead to ramp things up even more. That means it will be even closer to the line where death or serious injury can happen. Either by accident, or "by accident".

28. - Top - End - #388

That was a beautiful end line by Higgs there.

29. - Top - End - #389

Higgs spent two years with Bang, so he has to know her capabilities quite well.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Yes, that's sweet.

Shurdlu kicked Zeetha's face into a pulp, and she recovered from that. I doubt Bang can do permanent damage.
    Especially now that she may be partially jaegerized.

Zeetha won't be all banged up.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.