New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVIII: Dancink! Ve is here for de dancink!

Given what is happening here I think it highly possible that Zeetha has not been jaegerized very much. Bang as good a fighter as she is is still a normal human being.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Given what is happening here I think it highly possible that Zeetha has not been jaegerized very much. Bang as good a fighter as she is is still a normal human being.
    Less for the fighting capability and more the improved healing.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know about that. Since an ordinary (that is, non-jaegerized) human can defeat a jaeger on occasion, I don't think the fact that Bang is holding her own says anything about how jaegerized Zeetha may be.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Jaegers have a lot more going for them than healing. They are stronger than a human, faster and tougher. Higgs specifically states this Here. And not just a little bit better than a human, by a large margin. Also the sense of smell is a lot better and I don't recall an changes with Zeetha on that front either.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

5. - Top - End - #395
    Colossus in the Playground

Jaegers have a lot more going for them than healing. They are stronger than a human, faster and tougher. Higgs specifically states this Here. And not just a little bit better than a human, by a large margin. Also the sense of smell is a lot better and I don't recall an changes with Zeetha on that front either.
    And this one specifically says they arent sure what she counts as since she took the draught but didnt have the full ritual. So she probably isnt a jaeger, but she also is probably buffed a bit past normal human levels.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #396
    Barbarian in the Playground

She's had two years to notice any changes.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thales View Post
    Incidentally, rereading that, it seems really clear to me that the Folgios did not start Higgs out as a secret Jagergeneral. He seems there to be a normal human getting by with an abnormal dose of hard-headed determination who suffers a comical amount of mishaps. Much more like Von Zinzer than the current juggernaut he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    I would not be so sure as those scenes are not the actual happenings - what we see is a second-hand told story. Keep in mind that we see Higgs at Mamma Gkika's not so long after that. Whatever his role was supposed to be, he was not a regular crewmember right from the start.

edit: this conversation and how Dimo intervenes makes it even more clear I think.
    I'm with the "The Foglio's decided they [we] liked Higgs and gave him a promotion from loyal airman to Secret General" viewpoint, inasmuch as I can't see this Higgs having his leg broken by a goose. I acknowledge the validity of the "leg broken by goose is a secondhand story" view, though.

I think she got Jager medicine, not the Jagerdraught. By all accounts the Jagerdraught can kill you even if you're in good health when you take it - quite often, in fact. I doubt they'd use it as a form of medicine if they had other things available. So she's 10% Jager, not fully Jager.

I think Zeetha is about to wrap her legs around Bang's neck and do a handspring. BTW, how does this fight ever end if Bang doesn't kill Zeetha? Both of them can absorb enormous amounts of punishment.

Hypothesis: "Look like Dimo here" was more foreshadowing. Bang is going to "kill" Zeetha, Zeetha is going to have a break-through to additional Jager-osity, and wind up looking at least slightly Dimo-ish.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

8. - Top - End - #398

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    I'm with the "The Foglio's decided they [we] liked Higgs and gave him a promotion from loyal airman to Secret General" viewpoint, inasmuch as I can't see this Higgs having his leg broken by a goose. I acknowledge the validity of the "leg broken by goose is a secondhand story" view, though.

I think she got Jager medicine, not the Jagerdraught. By all accounts the Jagerdraught can kill you even if you're in good health when you take it - quite often, in fact. I doubt they'd use it as a form of medicine if they had other things available. So she's 10% Jager, not fully Jager.

I think Zeetha is about to wrap her legs around Bang's neck and do a handspring. BTW, how does this fight ever end if Bang doesn't kill Zeetha? Both of them can absorb enormous amounts of punishment.

Hypothesis: "Look like Dimo here" was more foreshadowing. Bang is going to "kill" Zeetha, Zeetha is going to have a break-through to additional Jager-osity, and wind up looking at least slightly Dimo-ish.
    In the comic I linked before, and here it is again she was specifically given the draught. It looks like they did everything they could to save her and it was failing so she gave her the draught knowing it would either work or she was dead anyways.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #399
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    She knows Higgs flattened her and broke her jaw on the airship from Sturmhalten to Mechanicsburg. And she looked up a couple pages ago, so she knows there's four more enemies up in the rafters. Bang is not going to try anything more complex than feeling out Zeetha's capabilities here.
    Again with the xxxenophile reboot material, Moriarity?

10. - Top - End - #400

Yeah, not even Jaegers heal broken bones in a couple hours. In fact, that whole story is likely something Higgs told someone, who told Sun, who told Gil. Even without lies, after that much telephoning I'd have no faith it's an accurate portrayal of events.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Yeah, not even Jaegers heal broken bones in a couple hours. In fact, that whole story is likely something Higgs told someone, who told Sun, who told Gil. Even without lies, after that much telephoning I'd have no faith it's an accurate portrayal of events.
    On the other hand, this is Higgs we're talking about. He seems to be tougher than the average Jaeger. Zola slashed him multiple times with Zeetha's sword and then fully impaled him with it. He was still capable of hanging onto Zola's foot, then chasing after her and fighting her a second time. And then he's in good enough condition to carry Zeetha to Mama's.

Getting a leg broken is nothing in comparison. The goose was clearly for comic effect, but I have no doubt it actually happened.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

I'm with the "The Foglio's decided they [we] liked Higgs and gave him a promotion from loyal airman to Secret General" viewpoint, inasmuch as I can't see this Higgs having his leg broken by a goose.
    Even by a Mechanigsburg goose?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Actually Higgs being Higgs is why the goose only broke his leg and didn't tear it off and eat it.

Oh wait, that's regular geese.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

14. - Top - End - #404
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

This is Mechanigsburg; even the geese are loyal to the Heterodynes.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Nasty little beggars, thems Mechanicsburds...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

16. - Top - End - #406
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm with the "The Foglio's decided they [we] liked Higgs and gave him a promotion from loyal airman to Secret General" viewpoint,
    That's my theory, but also the goose story may be total BS. Both can be true at the same time.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    That's my theory, but also the goose story may be total BS. Both can be true at the same time.
    In my model, the goose story may be total BS, but it wasn't total BS when it was written, just retconned into being so.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    Schrödinger's goose?
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

19. - Top - End - #409

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    In the comic I linked before, and here it is again she was specifically given the draught. It looks like they did everything they could to save her and it was failing so she gave her the draught knowing it would either work or she was dead anyways.
    I stand corrected. I also note that the draught is necessary but not sufficient for full Jagerness. So the possibility of Zeetha "breaking through" to additional Jager power is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Actually Higgs being Higgs is why the goose only broke his leg and didn't tear it off and eat it.

Oh wait, that's regular geese.
    We do have to consider that the geese around Mechanicsburg may be more lethal. Perhaps a feral goose-clank hybrid, created by an ancient Heterodyne?

EDIT:

In today's comic, I think we see that Bang does feel friendship for Zeetha. She's conflicted about killing her.
    Last edited by Shining Wrath; 2020-11-06 at 08:27 AM.

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

20. - Top - End - #410

Somehow I didn't think Bang of all people would get prudish about other people's relationships.

On the other hand, it's nice to see Zeetha learned from Paris.

21. - Top - End - #411

Somehow I didn't think Bang of all people would get prudish about other people's relationships.

On the other hand, it's nice to see Zeetha learned from Paris.
    I think its more the lovey dovey stuff she is going ick over. Im sure if zeetha was sharing tales of the hearts and pelvises she has left broken behind her on bar crawls bang would be right there with her trading stories. "Oh it was a great night Bang, and it was made perfect by the last thing he said to me when i left. "Hey, arent you going to untie me from this train?" Anyways, now I have to be in disguise when I take the rails or else the corbittes try to kill me! I didnt know he was the pope."

22. - Top - End - #412

I just now realised that they both are in love with Jaeger, and not just any Jaeger, but with Jaeger generals.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

23. - Top - End - #413

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I just now realised that they both are in love with Jaeger, and not just any Jaeger, but with Jaeger generals.
    True - although Bang may not love the General version of Vole. He's not seeking to kill all the peoples in an endless war any longer. He's larger and more powerful, but no longer wants to wade in blood. Come to think of it - where is General Vole? Last we saw he was traveling with Higgs to Paris, IIRC.

Now there's a plot twist - Bang is ready to kill Zeetha, but Vole appears out of the shadows and explains the joys of peace and kindness to her. Probably while holding her down effortlessly.

24. - Top - End - #414

I discovered that the Mechanicsburg song has really been recorded!

Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

25. - Top - End - #415
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Never underestimate geese.

And, we see some playing to win. Here's a winning move that we need to figure out a counter for.
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I can see in a future comic, a fight starting between Bang and a Geister, going:

"Huh? Skifandar???"
    Fwump! Whump! Wak! Crunch!!!
    "Yup. That works. Must remember to tell Zeetha..."
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

27. - Top - End - #417

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    I can see in a future comic, a fight starting between Bang and a Geister, going:

"Huh? Skifandar???"
    Fwump! Whump! Wak! Crunch!!!
    "Yup. That works. Must remember to tell Zeetha..."
    Which once again raises my question: Where is General Vole, the love of Bang's life? Because he might be able to talk her out of killing Zeetha - having been a vicious killer who has now achieved some level of enlightenment.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Which once again raises my question: Where is General Vole, the love of Bang's life? Because he might be able to talk her out of killing Zeetha - having been a vicious killer who has now achieved some level of enlightenment.
    Well, it is Higgs' opinion that the "don't feel like fighting" will pass. Vole will simply be somewhat less fight-crazy than normal Jager, and more like the other Generals.

And Vole may not even know or care about Bang's feelings. I'm not even sure that Higgs does - there was a vague mention in passing when they were fighting Vole post-revival, and that's about it.

If you are expecting Vole to take the place of Sweet Rhyme and Beautiful Reason you may be looking at the wrong person.

EDIT: The last known operation for Higgs and Vole was "We are going to Paris". But we don't yet know what happened IN paris. It may well be that on getting the good news Higgs decided to sent Vole back to Mechanicsberg as he wouldn't be needed for hevy hitting, and would suck at Higgs' usual MO in these situations (ie, Inconspicuous in the background).
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2020-11-08 at 10:15 AM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

If you are expecting Vole to take the place of Sweet Rhyme and Beautiful Reason you may be looking at the wrong person.
    I don't know about that. He clearly had some MAJOR change of heart and sees his old actions as being horrible. Now he will likely still like a good fight, but slaughtering innocent people for fun is clearly off the table now. As Higgs said he grew up.

30. - Top - End - #420

SamuraiGuy

Well, it is Higgs' opinion that the "don't feel like fighting" will pass. Vole will simply be somewhat less fight-crazy than normal Jager, and more like the other Generals.

And Vole may not even know or care about Bang's feelings. I'm not even sure that Higgs does - there was a vague mention in passing when they were fighting Vole post-revival, and that's about it.

EDIT: The last known operation for Higgs and Vole was "We are going to Paris". But we don't yet know what happened IN paris. It may well be that on getting the good news Higgs decided to sent Vole back to Mechanicsberg as he wouldn't be needed for hevy hitting, and would suck at Higgs' usual MO in these situations (ie, Inconspicuous in the background).
    I don't know about that. He clearly had some MAJOR change of heart and sees his old actions as being horrible. Now he will likely still like a good fight, but slaughtering innocent people for fun is clearly off the table now. As Higgs said he grew up.
    I'm in general agreement with these sentiments - I think that if Vole is in London (how on earth could you hide him from Albia?), his interaction with Bang would be "I was once like you. I loved to kill. But now, I see things differently."