New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVIII: Dancink! Ve is here for de dancink!

Looks like they're 3/4 of the way to their Kickstarter goal. Really hoping they make it; I'm in at Devil Dog. I've been sharing the comic with my daughter for years now, and I'm really looking forward to the Switch game.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just checked to make sure Switch wasn't a stretch goal - it isn't. It's an option for all backers above $US60 (although I'm not sure if that includes the Artful Scholar Clank pledge, which switches out the physical copy for the Art Book). I went for the Devil Dog as well. The stretch goals do look delicious, though...

And it looks like Rain Games backers don't skimp - there are already 26 backers at the $US1000 level! Hope it makes it over the line...
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Gracious, when was the last time we've seen Agatha go full on Mama Bear on someone?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Gracious, when was the last time we've seen Agatha go full on Mama Bear on someone?
    The bigger question is: when did she get so sneaky and frightening? Did she get a copy of Wulfenbach's book on workplace communication?
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Tarvek and Gil are rubbing off on her, it seems.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Ha! They wish! Well... so does she I guess.
    Last edited by Radar; 2020-09-28 at 04:28 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37

I'm still not sure what the dingbot did....
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theangelJean View Post
    I'm still not sure what the dingbot did....
    Paralyzing poison i think. Looks like he poked her with a pin. And wow, Agatha got terrifying for a second there. not spark out of control terrifying but supremely lethal and dangerous woman making a point terrifying. So much so I think BANG got the message.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #39

It kind of looks like it maybe, but it's not obvious.

And now I wonder if it's on standing orders to protect/defend Agatha's people ... and how many of them there are...

10. - Top - End - #40
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Agatha to Bang: "I am one of the greatest Sparks alive, and The Heterodyne. Let me help you understand what happens to people who hurt my friends."
    Bang, internally: "This does complicate killing Zeetha".

Agatha was not going Mama Bear ... she was going Full Heterodyne Queen.

EDIT:

Bang's throat-cut scar is visible in every scene. I think it's real, and permanent, and I wonder how she survived an injury like that, and who inflicted it, and who treated it.
    Last edited by Shining Wrath; 2020-09-28 at 08:03 AM.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

11. - Top - End - #41

I suspect decapitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Paralyzing poison i think. Looks like he poked her with a pin. And wow, Agatha got terrifying for a second there. not spark out of control terrifying but supremely lethal and dangerous woman making a point terrifying. So much so I think BANG got the message.
    Agatha already should have had a grudge against Bang, if she was informed of Zulenna's death. Bang almost got killed there, too, by von Pinn.

The problem with Bang here may be that she wasn't expecting Agatha to be normal, while she's used to dealing with Gil and Klaus, who let her do whatever she wants and treat horrid crimes like juvenile pranks. And she also could not have foreseen that Gil is just another servant of Agatha, and won't lift a finger to stop her, even when Agatha threatens his own (unless something happens next strip).
    Last edited by Vinyadan; 2020-09-28 at 09:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

12. - Top - End - #42
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I suspect decapitation.

Agatha already should have had a grudge against Bang, if she was informed of Zulenna's death. Bang almost got killed there, too, by von Pinn.

The problem with Bang here may be that she wasn't expecting Agatha to be normal, while she's used to dealing with Gil and Klaus, who let her do whatever she wants and treat horrid crimes like juvenile pranks. And she also could not have foreseen that Gil is just another servant of Agatha, and won't lift a finger to stop her, even when Agatha threatens his own (unless something happens next strip).
    Agatha isnt exactly friends with Zul. Plus they knew each other for like, a week. And maybe 30 seconds of that time was spent in a positive manner. But man, I was not expecting agatha to pull some smoke knight moves here. She just appeared behind bang with no warning and her already paralyzed and gave her whispered threat then backed away.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #43

SamuraiGuy

I suspect decapitation.

That scene with von Pinn remains amazingly creepy. "I live with pain" as she presses her hand down Bang's blade.
    I think Agatha is whispering, so Gil (who is busy patching up Tarvek) may not know. And Gil is already angry with Bang for embarrassing him. I doubt he'd lift a finger if all Agatha does is paralyze Bang.

If Bang was decapitated, maybe she was "improved" when they put her back together. Was she decapitated while in the Baron's service? Or earlier? It would be a plot twist to learn she was repaired by Lucrezia and is awaiting orders to kill Gil, or some such. The list of people who can fix decapitation is actually not that long and all Sparks, and most major Sparks are at least somewhat conniving.

I think Gil is fond of Bang as a longtime loyal servant of House Wulfenbach, but he's not going to put up with her doing anything that even mildly annoys Agatha.

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

14. - Top - End - #44

Beholder

I love this touch of sobriety. Gil may feel too loyal to Bang to do anything, Tarvek may be afraid of her, but Agatha will not put up with her sociopathic nonsense.

A nice reminder from Agatha that while she isn't the villain, she isn't the do-gooder her father was.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

While Gil and Klaus let Bang get away with somethings, there were lines she didn't cross with them either. As for Gil being a servant of Agatha? No, just no. He way be running around like a lovestruck fool at times, but that is not a servant makes.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

So now Dupree knows she will have to kill Zeetha quick in order to make an escape. She will then have Higgs and Agatha out to rip her heart out and perhaps Gil also if he finds out Zeetha is his sister.

So this is almost certain to happen.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

17. - Top - End - #47

So, Bang may be a high end construct like Klaus. That would help explain a few things, while raising so many more questions needing to be answered. I suspect this is true just because the Foglios like doing that.

18. - Top - End - #48

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    So, Bang may be a high end construct like Klaus. That would help explain a few things, while raising so many more questions needing to be answered. I suspect this is true just because the Foglios like doing that.
    My current bet is she got decapitated in the Baron's service and he repaired her. She perhaps has some loyalty from that, but maybe the circumstances of her decapitation were such that she could argue being restored to life was owed to her. I don't think the Baron would want someone close to him and his son who had been restored to life by someone else, because who knows what else they did?

19. - Top - End - #49

BlackDragon

Did anyone else notice Bang moving?

Full paralysis of somepony standing up will probably result in their falling over -- two legs is not a stable platform without constant balancing muscles. We see her leaning left in one panel, right in another; we see her eyeball position and size change slightly.

So she has non-voluntary muscle movement.

Now, people with enough meditation training can control their non-voluntary muscles to some extent, and it would not surprise me if there's a way for those meditation people to override medications that shut down the voluntary ones.

Anyone want to place bets that Bang will consider being able to surprise Agatha next time will be important enough that she develops this skill off-screen panel?
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I dunno, Bang doesn't strike me as the type to meditate.
    She might try, sure, but I'd expect that to end with her stabbing her teachers than her picking up that skill.

Mind you, she might manage it anyway, but not through deliberate training.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

21. - Top - End - #51

It's D&D paralysis, keybounce, which has no relation to actual paralysis. It's more of a soft petrification.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    some pony
    That moment when your autocorrect tells everybody in the forum what fandom you belong to.

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    Did anyone else notice Bang moving?

Full paralysis of somepony standing up will probably result in their falling over -- two legs is not a stable platform without constant balancing muscles. We see her leaning left in one panel, right in another; we see her eyeball position and size change slightly.

So she has non-voluntary muscle movement.

Now, people with enough meditation training can control their non-voluntary muscles to some extent, and it would not surprise me if there's a way for those meditation people to override medications that shut down the voluntary ones.

Anyone want to place bets that Bang will consider being able to surprise Agatha next time will be important enough that she develops this skill off-screen panel?
    Muscle parylisis don’t work like that, you can’t just freeze a person or a limb in place. The brain is constantly telling muscles how much force they are to exert even to stay in place. When the connexion with the brain is shut off the muscles just go flaccid. Like when people in real life have paralysed limb for some reason they just hang there uselessly. Maybe you could make a poison that contracts all muscles but then the victim would just curve into a ball (and probably rend a few tissues). And of course if all muscles are paralysed, that includes the heart and lungs, so the victim dies.

The poisons are just like the dingbots or the mind control, don’t try to work out the kinks.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    My current bet is she got decapitated in the Baron's service and he repaired her. She perhaps has some loyalty from that, but maybe the circumstances of her decapitation were such that she could argue being restored to life was owed to her. I don't think the Baron would want someone close to him and his son who had been restored to life by someone else, because who knows what else they did?
    Maybe she's Banglades Selnikov, Pirate and Adventurer!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

24. - Top - End - #54

SamuraiGuy

That moment when your autocorrect tells everybody in the forum what fandom you belong to.

Muscle parylisis don’t work like that, you can’t just freeze a person or a limb in place. The brain is constantly telling muscles how much force they are to exert even to stay in place. When the connexion with the brain is shut off the muscles just go flaccid. Like when people in real life have paralysed limb for some reason they just hang there uselessly. Maybe you could make a poison that contracts all muscles but then the victim would just curve into a ball (and probably rend a few tissues). And of course if all muscles are paralysed, that includes the heart and lungs, so the victim dies.

The poisons are just like the dingbots or the mind control, don’t try to work out the kinks.
    Spark technology is totally not magic and don't you dare suggest it works like magic does (that is, you can handwave away the tricky parts). But to your point, people with spinal cord injuries do not gain the ability to sleep standing upright. A paraplegic's legs are pretty much useless, not rigid. Now, maybe Agatha devised a drug that limits the size of the signal that can get through in some fashion. You can twitch, or maintain the current state of a muscle, but cannot command large-scale changes.

At any rate, Bang now knows she has to watch her surroundings for tiny little bots any time Agatha is near. Which is likely to make her even more twitchy than usual.

25. - Top - End - #55

AssassinGuy

I think she likes Dupree: That friendly warning is delivered with enough punch that it might be taken seriously.
    Rather than an empty sounding threat, followed by death ray.
    Last edited by Agi Hammerthief; 2020-09-28 at 01:13 PM.
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    At any rate, Bang now knows she has to watch her surroundings for tiny little bots any time Agatha is near. Which is likely to make her even more twitchy than usual.
    If she thinks that the threat is real only when Agatha is near, she makes a grave mistake.

27. - Top - End - #57

And now I'm picturing Bang waking up to find the Dingbots have chained her down like the Lilliput soldiers did to Gulliver.

28. - Top - End - #58

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    And now I'm picturing Bang waking up to find the Dingbots have chained her down like the Lilliput soldiers did to Gulliver.
    nah, the bots will just go wheeeeeeee!
    * my emphasis

29. - Top - End - #59

AssassinGuy

just aftermath of Lars dying
    Last edited by Agi Hammerthief; 2020-09-28 at 03:02 PM.
    * my emphasis

30. - Top - End - #60

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post
    So what Bang just experienced is a Heterodyne who cares about other people. If that doesn't put the fear of all GGVerse deities in her, she's nuts.